The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I don't expect a revolution from Heyman. Just solid booking that makes sense. It's something TNA lacks, and something Heyman can do. All the question of whether he can set the wrestling world on fire, or run a company, doesn't matter to me. There's so much talent in TNA and I just want to be able to watch it regularly without having to skip over hours of Hogan or Jarrett or Abyss. Without all the rapid-fire and impactless turns. Without criminally short matches that go nowhere.

IMO Awareness won't do anything if the product is subpar. Book well, then invite people over.

Apart from production the product is at least at the quality level of the E so awareness first imho. In the end it is still wrestling. Once average people think wrestling and think wwe and tna, then you can focus on making them chose between the two by being different.

As far as the 'old' guys go, as long as TNA is laterally, meaning other countries, and awareness expanding they need established big names on the payroll once that is done to a sufficient degree they should focus more on Identity and creating brand names.

Awareness is not inviting people over. Awareness is making sure people know you exist at all.

Ok let's talk something more basic for a change again and talk roster. I was wondering what people on her would think off this roster and what roster they would make themselves using the same format. Plus we are only talking on screen characters and perception ( why Jarrett is in that category as he is perceived as being "old").

Option A:

Main Eventer 6:

AJ Styles

Samoa Joe

Daniels

Angle

RVD

J. Hardy

Uppermid 6:

Wolf

Anderson

Pope

Abyss

Morgan

Monty Brown

X Division 6:

Kaz

Lethal

Young

P.Williams

Dutt

Aries

Tag Team 6:

Shelly and Sabin MCMG

Roode and Storm Beer Money

D. Williams and Magnus British Invasion

Homicide and Hernandez LAX

Kendrick and London Hooliganz

Max and Jeremy Buck Generation Me

Female 10:

Kong

Flash

Love

Skye

Sarita

Wilde

Hamada

Daffney

ODB

Roxxi

Legend/Occasional 5:

Hogan

Flair

Sting

Foley

Jarrett

Jobbers 5:

X: Red

Regular: Rhino

Tag: Neal and Moore Ink Inc (Also regular and X)

Female: Tara

Commentators 2:

Tenay

Tazz

Backstage 2:

Borash ( Also ring announcer)

Hemme

Ref 4:

Posey

Thomas

"Slick" Johnson

Tucker

Authority 1:

Bischoff

Ring Girl 1:

So Cal Val

This would mean:

In: Daniels, Brown, P Williams, Dutt, Aries, London, Homicide, Kong, Flash, ODB, Roxxi.

Out: Jordon, Terry, Von Erich, Rayne, Chelsea, Tessmacher, Shark Boy, Kiyoshi/Suicide, Okada, Eckos, Bayless, Reid Flair, Nash, Dixie (as on screen character), Raven, Richards, Dreamer (as on screen character), J Hart, E and B Hebner, (Tomko), (3D), (Sabu), (FBI), (Sandman).

As you can see this version is heavily TNA "Original" influenced and structured around the idea of at least 6 competitors per belt. The women have some more as they are a totally separate division. I would drop the women tag belt though. This roster is purely personal preference and not fully focused on what would possibly be best for TNA so please take account of that in your comments and maybe in the roster you would make.

When coming up with your own roster please be realistic. So please no Stone Cold, Rock, Lesnar, HBK, Goldberg and preferably (,but not a rule,) no Jericho, Ross, Batista or people currently under WWE talent contract which is not running out.

I would be interested in hearing your comments and seeing your rosters.

Easy copy paste:

Main Event 6:

Uppermid 6:

X Division 6:

Tag 6:

Women 10:

Legend/Occasional 5:

Jobbers 5:

X:

Reg:

Tag:

Female:

Commentators 2:

Backstage 2:

Referee 4:

Authority 1:

Ring Girl 1:

I like this and I'll play along

Main Event 6:

Kurt Angle

D'Angelo Dinero

Ken Anderson

Jeff Hardy

AJ Styles

Samoa Joe

Uppermid 6:

Kazarian

Morgan

Abyss

Daniels

Austin Aries

Carlito

X Division 6:

Sonjay Dutt

Petey Williams

Douglas Williams

Jay Lethal

Eric Young

Shannon Moore

Tag 6:

MMG

Beer Money

London Brawling

Generation Me

LAX

Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Women 10:

Kong

Flash

Rayne

Sky

Love

Sarita

Hamada

Sara Del Rey

Wilde

Roxxi

Legend/Occasional 5:

Foley

Jarrett

Nash

Flair

Sting

Jobbers 5:

X: Amazing Red

Reg: Rhino

Tag: Team 3D

Female: Lacey

Commentators 2:

Taz

Tenay

Backstage 2:

Borash

Hemme

Referee 4:

Slick

Andrew Thomas

Mike Posey

Jamie Tucker

Authority 1:

nobody

Ring Girl 1:

So Cal Val

So I pretty much got rid of Hogan, Eric B, EV2 (except for Rhino), RVD and a few others.

My reason behind getting rid of the those guys is simply because I don't like them at all. Was never a huge Hogan fan he's not as big a deal as he used to be and Eric B hasn't really done anything really since early WCW. EV2 I can't stand so it was easy to get rid of them. Except for Stevie who I love and Raven who I'm a huge fan of but they don't bring too much to the table anymore.

I think adding Kong and Flash back to the Womens division is strong along with Sara Del Rey would make it a damn good division.

I like the X division with Petey and Dutt coming back. I put Shannon Moore in there because without Moore, Hardy would be a little baby and since Hardy sells ya gotta keep him.

The tag division would be real strong with a returning LAX, and adding London to team with Kendrick rounds out the tag division quite well.

The upper midcarders are strong I think with good workers and talkers. I originally had Roderick Strong where Carlito was but Strong is mega bland and Carlito and Aries feud would be great.

The Main Eventers is a damn good group and getting rid of RVD is a must because he's a joke to me and is way too full of himself.

Very much enjoyed making this list Hyde and would love to see what you think of my list.

I personally like RVD as an on screen character, didn't like his comments on TNA either, and don't mind Hogan as a support character and like Bisch as an on screen GM and think he has done good stuff production wise for TNA. I seriously thought about Del Ray and Rayne but in the end my loyalty to the original KO's and my love for zombie hot won out hehe, same reason James, yes TNA original but not perceived as such, and Katie Lea aren't on there.

For the rest I would totally dig that roster. And why no love for the Alpha Male Monty Brown? Promo:

remember this was off the hip as it was to fill time after a fire in the Impact Zone during a live ppv.

Glad you liked the format though. If more people submit theirs we could end with having a vote, where you cannot vote for your own off course. Also thought it would make for a fun and easy break after all the "business" discussions.

I love me some Monty Brown trust me but I just assumed that because he really isn't around wrestling right now I would leave him off the list but I loved him back in the day. The Pounce was sweet and I enjoyed the stuff he did with Christian.

I don't know if it's just me but I've never ever liked RVD. Just something about him. I can't even really explain it, it's incredibly weird but I just dislike him. In ECW, Raven was always my favorite and I enjoyed Taz, Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka. And I loved Rhino at the end of ECW when he was the champ.

Edit: Oh and I've always hated Hogan...just thought I'd throw that out there haha

Main Event (6)

There's a lack of 'originals' but I like the guys they've got on top right now Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, The Pope, Samoa Joe. I'd put the title on Pope, who seems like the freshest option.

Uppermid (6)

Right... who wouldn't I fire? Orlando Jordan, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Rob Terry... um... I don't see the need to bring someone new in at this level, so I'm left with a tough decision. Whose job do I save? Abyss I guess, because there's value in beating the blubbering sycophant.

X Division (6)

The X-Division needs an adrenaline shot somewhere. Start with their current crop Doug Williams, Kazarian, Amazing Red, Jay Lethal, Shark Boy. Finally, I am a big fan of BxB Hulk. Love the entrance. Love the look. I think he could reignite interest in the X-Division. I'd Goldberg-push him through the X-Division, create a new, fresh, dominant champion, and raise the value of the X-Title.

Tag (6)

I like the tag team division. Beer Money, Motor City Machine Guns, London's Brawling, Generation Me are all great teams. I still see value in Team 3D. Then I'll bring in The World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin) to slot in just below Beer Money and MCMG in the pecking order.

Women (10)

First off, I think 10 women is overkill. What I think the division needs most is a strong babyface, so I'd bring in Mickie James. Typically I prefer making my own stars, but there's such a hole in the knockout division, and she fills it perfectly. Madison Rayne, Tara, Angelina Love, Velvet Skye, Sarita, Hamada, Taylor Wilde brings it to 8... um... I guess I'll go with Awesome Kong and Sara Del Ray.

Legend/Occasional (5)

I don't think you need 5. Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Sting... That'll do. It's good to have a couple, but how many extra fans is Kevin Nash going to bring in that the above 3 wouldn't?

Jobbers (5)

I don't believe in putting job guys on the permanent roster. I prefer getting 'local' talent in to lose 2 or 3 times then disappear. Old school squash matches against nobodies. I'll comply for the purposes of this exercise. I guess Ink Inc could be my tag. Daffney as my woman. Suicide as my X. Stevie Richards regular.

Commentators 2: Tazz and Mike Tenay are doing fine

Backstage 2: Jeremy Borash is great. I'd drop Hemme and find some actress who could do the job just as well for a lot cheaper.

Referee 4: I don't know the referee's names

Authority 1: I hate Authority Figures in wrestling. If had one, he'd be as important on-screen as Joe Silva is in UFC. He's the guy to impress, the guy who books the matches, but you rarely see him on screen. Let's go with Jeff Jarrett. It's his company... sorta.

Ring Girl 1: I'd either have an army of ring girls ala UFC, or none at all.

So I'm bringing in : BxB Hulk, Mickie James, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Awesome Kong, Sara Del Ray

Firing: Brian Kendrick (wwe) Christy Hemme (meh) Bischoff (wcw) Eric Young (super stale) Hulk Hogan (end the regime) Kiyoshi (who?) Raven (old) Rhino (stale) Tommy Dreamer

Bigger roster than I'd like. Were I in charge with no minimums, I'd really streamline the roster.

Online Bound For Glory Kickoff Show

Next week’s episode of TNA iMPACT is being preempted due to a Gangland marathon. Instead, TNA Wrestling will hold a Bound for Glory Kickoff Show on the company website during iMPACT’s regular timeslot at 9:00 p.m.

The following announcement was issued:

THURSDAY, SEPT 9: ONLINE BOUND FOR GLORY KICKOFF SHOW

This Thursday (Sept 9) at 9pmET/6pmPT, TNAwrestling.com presents the Bound For Glory Kickoff Show.

Hosted by Jeremy Borash, the webcast will feature a Q & A session with TNA President Dixie Carter where she will answer questions form the fans.

Additionally, tune in to see exclusive interviews with many of the stars who will be participating in Bound For Glory.

Again Cappy you're kind of not understanding exactly how television works. TNA doesn't get to PICK when they air their show (for the most part), Spike puts it where they would make the most money at it.

I don't recall ever suggesting they did. I was playing dictator of the universe and giving myself the power to choose.

Television is completely reliant on advertising which is mostly reliant on television ratings. They get better television ratings on a Thursday for their demographic than they would on a Saturday when their demographic are out playing beer pong and having relations with women. They may DVR it but Spike doesn't get hardly any advertising money for DVR numbers not compared to what they get when people are watching it live.

Not going to impress me here. You lose me when you start to speak about demographics. Say what you will but I have about as much respect for demographics as your average skeptic does for astrology. I'm a big believer in Disraeli's famous line about lies, damned lies and statistics. And too often demographic info comes as all three.

I'm not sure what you're comparing TNA to. You said you can't base it on a sitcom well even if you're basing it on sports remember that the NFL is having their OPENING night their first ever game of the season on a Thursday. Thursday is a valuable time for television shows it always has been, wasn't Seinfield on Thursdays? Football is on thursdays (increasingly so in the latter years), UFC was on Thursdays. Smackdown was very much an A show on Thursdays didn't their first ever broadcast have The Rock vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels as guest referee?

Im trying to compare like to like. Wrestling to wrestling. Forget the sitcoms. Forget the sports. I'm trying to be strictly apples to apples. The other types of shows are different creatures with different rules. UFC might be a a fair comparison since it's a somewhat similar type of show to wrestling. As for Smackdown, it may have been 1A for a while but RAW was always 1. RAW was always the flagship. Again, like for like. Flagship to flagship. I'd grant you early Smackdown may be the closest thing there's ever been to a flagship show midweek. But RAW's always been above it.

Now if I'm thinking too narrowly in my scope, if I'm trying too hard to be apples to apples, okay. I'm willing to accept that. I'll be the first to admit I'm prone to overthinking. But people keep trying to argue with me with either voodoo disciplines like demographics or with stuff that I'm struggling to find relevant to the subject at hand.

My point is you obviously can view things how you would like but saying that something isn't big time just because its not on Monday or Friday is kind of strange, out of the box thinking that isn't followed by anyone in the television I've ever met and since I work in it I've met a lot of people involved in it :D

Well, A: I'm talking strictly in wrestling terms with that Friday to Monday window. And B: I'd be shocked if my thought process were followed in television. This kind of statement addressed to me is nothing new. You think you struggle to get me on here? Try living with me. My family has been trying to get how I think for 38 years and they often fail. Sometimes feel like I need to walk through life with "No, Cappy, that's just you" tattooed on my forehead.

I've never been an inside the box kind of thinker. I won't go into details because their relationship to the topic at hand is minimal at best. But I was born with serious stuff wrong with my brain. The first inside the box thinker I ever encountered gave me only a 15 percent chance of ever being able to function as a member of society. Naturally, I've had to learn to think and cope far differently than those around me. Which in turn makes my viewpoint look pretty bizarre sometimes.

Believe me; I recognize how absurd what I said sounds according to conventional wisdom. But I call em as I see em and let the chips fall where they may. Few if any of us on here have any connection to the ability to actually change things. So it's all an intellectual exercise anyway.

Ok I'll play along with this....

Main Event:

Kurt Angle

AJ Styles

'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels

Rob Van Dam

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero

Jeff Hardy

Angle, RVD and Hardy are the 'name' wrestlers most familiar to in want of a better phrase to casual fans, AJ Styles and Daniels are both over and highly respected by the TNA fanbase and I would let Daniels really run with his 'Fallen Angel' character as I feel it his best chance to get over as a main event 'star', whilst Pope is someone who WWE dropped the ball on and has superstar potential.

TV Title:

Abyss (Upper Mid)

Samoa Joe (Upper Mid)

Matt Morgan (Upper Mid)

Mr Anderson (Upper Mid)

Kazarian (Mid)

Rhino (Mid)

This is basically the group that would be competing over the TV Title, Abyss will occupy his usual role of being an Upper Mid monster, whilst Morgan whether it be heel or face will occupy a similar position. Anderson is another who will be the cusp of the main event but whilst RVD and Angle are still around and can still produce he will have to wait his turn. Samoa Joe has to be rebuilt as a threat in my opinion and a nice run with the TV belt could do that trick. Kazarian and Rhino would occupy the lower positions amongst this grouping. Kazarian has now past the X-Division (not that I'm dismissing it, as the aim is to rebuild it back to somewhere near it's former glories) and whilst I wouldn't push Rhino to the moon, he's still a solid worker.

Also notice I re-named this from Upper-Mid to TV Title, as I want to promote the X and TV belts as being near enough on an equal footing, with both champions and nearest challengers for those belts being 'Upper Mid' whilst the lower tier workers in each division would be Mid.

X Division:

Jay Lethal (Upper Mid)

Doug Williams (Mid)

Mistico (Upper Mid)

Petey Williams (Mid)

Austin Aries (Upper Mid)

PAC (Mid)

Brian Kendrick (Mid)

Lethal can still afford to stick around in the X-Division and help it become strong again, I would bring back Petey Williams as he is someone with a strong history in the X-Division, Austin Aries has done all he can in ROH, so I would bring him back and give him a proper push this time round, whilst Doug Williams provides a nice counter balance to the high Flyers. The two signings that would most give the Division a fresh look is Mistico and whilst trying to sign one of the biggest names in Lucha Libre might not come off, I would try my damnest if I was TNA to bring in a 'name' from either Mexico or Japan to give the X-Division an international flavour once again.

The other newcomer I would bring in and one I feel is more achieveable is PAC, an exciting high flyer who would be a perfect fit for the X-Division. I have expanded to 7 as I would keep Brian Kendrick around, but would have him occupy a position of not being pushed as a major player but not a jobber either.

As you can see by marking them as Upper Mid I would initialy build the division around Mistico, Aries and Lethal as the main stars.

Tag:

Motor City Machine Guns (Shelley/Sabin)

Beer Money (Storm/Roode)

London Brawling (Magnus/Wolfe)

Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon)

Worlds Greatest Tag Team (Benjamin/Haas)

LAX (Hernandez/Homicide)

MCMG and Beer Money would continue to be the lynchpins of the Tag Division, I would bring back Homicide to reform LAX and return them to their heel roots. WGTT would bring some 'name' value and a fresh round of match-ups. Team 3D would essentially be the gatekeepers of the Division putting over the other teams but not being turned into outright jobbers. I would stick with London Brawling for the forseeable future but eventually I would pull the trigger once more on a singles push for Wolfe.

Women:

Awesome Kong

Alissa Flash

Angelina Love

Velvet Sky

Taylor Wilde

Hamada

Madison Rayne

Sarita.

First off 8 women in this division is enough and that includes the jobber slot and I would drop the Knockout Tag Titles. Kong would come back back as the dominant monster, I would bring Flash back and push her strong this time. I would keep Sarita and Hamada around as they offer something truly different to the WWE Diva's. The Beautiful People Sky and Love would still be around (as they are over) but the division would no longer be built entirely round them. Wilde and Rayne get to stick around as solid hands but would essentially be the face and heel jobbers of the division.

Legend/Occasional:

Mick Foley

Jeff Jarrett

Sting

Ric Flair*

I agree with Self three here is enough, Jarrett as TNA founder should still be allowed the occasional match but has to be a team player and not push himself as a main attraction, a motivated Foley can still bring it in the occasional garbage brawl, whilst a motivated Sting can be used to give someone the rub. But I only keep any of them around if they are willing to put young talent over. Ric Flair I would keep around but would use him in purely a managerial capacity only.

Jobbers:

X: Amazing Red

Reg: Eric Young, Stevie Richards, Rob Eckos

Tag: Generation Me (Max and Jeremy Buck), Ink Inc (Jesse Neal/Shannon Moore).

Red is a TNA originals that can pop the fans with some exciting moves but for me just does not have what it takes to be champion material. In the non X Young is another TNA original and a solid hand but someone I can't buy into as being anything more than lower-mid guy at best....Richards for me is an older version of Eric Young. I would at least give Rob Eckos at least a chance to show what he can do, but he begins at the very bottom of the roster. In the Tag ranks, I like Generation Me but are still very young and can afford to still be in the jobber slot before climbing the ranks, whilst Ink Inc would be there to be the Tag division whipping boys. Generation Me, Eric Young and Shannon Moore can all also all double up as an extra jobber in the X-Division.

Commentators: Mike Tenay/Taz

Doing a solid enough job

Backstage: Jeremy Borash/Chrissy Hemme

Borash is a company man and offers something different from the eye candy with a mic routine, and as eye candy with a mic goes Hemme isn't doing a terrible job.

Referee:

Slick

Andrew Thomas

Mike Posey

Jamie Tucker

I would say drop the Hebners here as they are probably asking for the most money for this position.

Authority: Kevin Nash w/Miss Tessmacher.

Let's go left field here, Nash should be done as a wrestler but he has good charisma/mic skills and being 7ft is an authority figure that could handle himself in a skirmish. Miss Tessmacher would stick around as the eye candy on the authority figures arm.

Ring Girl: So Cal Val

She's part of the TNA furniture.

Firing: Bischoff/Hogan (as Self said- end the regime!), Big Roid Terry, Orlando Jordan, anyone involved with EV 2.0 (except Rhino, Team 3D, Stevie Richards), Becky Bayless, Daffney, Shark Boy, Kiyoshi/Suicide, Okada (is young lion on loan from NJPW so will go back anyway), Dixie Carter (remove as on screen character), Chelsea.

I don't recall ever suggesting they did. I was playing dictator of the universe and giving myself the power to choose.

Believe me; I recognize how absurd what I said sounds according to conventional wisdom. But I call em as I see em and let the chips fall where they may. Few if any of us on here have any connection to the ability to actually change things. So it's all an intellectual exercise anyway.

Cap you're one of a kind man but you're an awesome dude, also if you get that tattoo you may go from awesome dude to deity.

Interesting work Tiger and like the reasoning behind everything. And yeah the numbers should be seen as maximums and totally agree on the television title and x division stuff you where saying. As in both are of the same level just for different type of wrestlers. In retrospect I should have structured it like that.

Self as always nice and unique choices.

PS the numbers given are indeed guideline maximum's so going under it or going over it by 1 are not a problem. It's just so there is a clear format and people do not go overboard.

Lethal can still afford to stick around in the X-Division and help it become strong again, I would bring back Petey Williams as he is someone with a strong history in the X-Division, Austin Aries has done all he can in ROH, so I would bring him back and give him a proper push this time round, whilst Doug Williams provides a nice counter balance to the high Flyers. The two signings that would most give the Division a fresh look is Mistico and whilst trying to sign one of the biggest names in Lucha Libre might not come off, I would try my damnest if I was TNA to bring in a 'name' from either Mexico or Japan to give the X-Division an international flavour once again.

I couldn't agree with that more TK. I for the life of me couldn't think of anyones name. I was so tired I threw the list together though so I didn't put as much thought it to it as I should have but I absolutely agree with you about the X Division. The X division needs an international feel to it. I myself loved the X Cup because of all the international talent. There are tons and tons of guys in Japan working there asses of and you could def find someone to steal the show in the X division. Also Mexico has it's share of talent and any kind of international talent in the X division is cool with me.

I've said it before but I loved, I mean loved WCW's cruiserweight division back in the day with Liger, Psycosis, Blitzkrieg, Ultimo, Juventud, Mysterio and all the international guys they had. It was just fun to watch and it was one of the main reasons I watched WCW back in the day because of the cruiserweight division.

Nothing to do with anything, but I picked up the 'Fandemonium: Beer Money & MCMG' DVD a while back, and I'm watching it, and... there are no Motor City Machine Guns tag team matches on it. I mean straight-up, 2-on-2, traditional tag team matches. Zero. There are 3 singles, one 3-way-tag, and everything else is a big throw-all-the-x-division-guys-into-a-cage-and-let-them-do-stuff match. I'm so incredibly disappointed. How can you do a 'Best of' DVD without including their main kind of match? Poor choosing skills, TNA fans.

Also, not a single Beer Money vs MCMG match, but THREE Beer Money vs Team 3D. Again, poor choices.

P.S. Watching this DVD lowers my opinion of James Storm as a worker. The guy has personality, as a character he rocks, but it often seems like he's 'playing wrestler' as opposed to seeming like he's in a fight. Unconvincing punches. Half-hearted running. Roode is so much better a worker, who just lacks the personality.

Nothing to do with anything, but I picked up the 'Fandemonium: Beer Money & MCMG' DVD a while back, and I'm watching it, and... there are no Motor City Machine Guns tag team matches on it. I mean straight-up, 2-on-2, traditional tag team matches. Zero. There are 3 singles, one 3-way-tag, and everything else is a big throw-all-the-x-division-guys-into-a-cage-and-let-them-do-stuff match. I'm so incredibly disappointed. How can you do a 'Best of' DVD without including their main kind of match? Poor choosing skills, TNA fans.

Also, not a single Beer Money vs MCMG match, but THREE Beer Money vs Team 3D. Again, poor choices.

P.S. Watching this DVD lowers my opinion of James Storm as a worker. The guy has personality, as a character he rocks, but it often seems like he's 'playing wrestler' as opposed to seeming like he's in a fight. Unconvincing punches. Half-hearted running. Roode is so much better a worker, who just lacks the personality.

I agree with the Storm comment. I think he is HUGELY overrated. I always hoped that brought back Chris Storm and teammed them up again because I think Roode is being held back by him. I think under the right circumstances Roode could be a major player if he learned to develop some more.

Right now I think TNA has so many guys that could be major players but will probably turn out not being. I think Desmond Wolfe is simply awesome, they should of built the Fortune Stable around him in my opinion. Fortune should of been Wolfe, Kaz, AJ, and Morgan. Wolfe as the Heavyweight, Morgan as the TV title guy, and Kaz/AJ tagging up.

Others that I think are on that list of could be major stars but probably won't be include Pope, Hernandez, Morgan and Roode. I think the later 3 would be great in WWE actually. I know the messed up with Morgan once but he was extremely green then. He has a little seasoning on him now and can work a match.

I agree with the Storm comment. I think he is HUGELY overrated. I always hoped that brought back Chris Harris and teamed them up again because I think Roode is being held back by him. I think under the right circumstances Roode could be a major player if he learned to develop some more.

Despite lowering my opinion on Storm as a worker, if I had to choose one member of Beer Money to moon-push, it would be the Tennessee Cowboy. However, it should be said, I'm a guy who values charisma and personality more than in-ring work. I appreciate and enjoy good wrestling, but I LOVE vibrant characters who touch me in my special place. Robert Roode doesn't do that. Until he does, I wouldn't push him much further up the card.

That being said, I think Robert Roode is FANTASTIC in his current role. He's a solid old-school heel who makes the babyfaces look like a million bucks, and doesn't try to steal the spotlight for himself. Give this man a raise and use him to put over your tippy-top guys on TV, because he is excellent at it.

I don't think Storm is holding him back. Roode is the workhorse of the team, but Storm is the heart and soul. Without Storm's antics I don't think the team would have be as successful. They compliment each other very well.

Prediction time!

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy- Angle is obviously winning this one

Anderson vs Pope- I'd like them to swerve us and have Pope regain his momentum, but I'm guessing Anderson wins this one.

Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling- The Guns take this, but London Brawling probably gets the last laugh by laying a beat down at the end or something.

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer- AJ wins and Tommy doesn't come back.

Sting & Nash vs Jarrett & Joe- Sting & Nash win while Joe turns on Jarrett.

Douglas Williams vs Sabu- Douglas retains

Rhino vs Abyss- I think Abyss will win, but I really want Rhino to get used again...

Velvet Sky vs Madison Rayne- This one could go either way. I'm a fan of both workers, so I'm ok with either winning.

Looks like a good card on paper, so hopefully it turns out good.

I don't like to predict. Here's who I want to win.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy - Big Hardy mark, but why root for something that's never going to happen?

Mr Anderson vs Pope - Go Pope. Closest thing to a homegrown star in the tournament.

Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling - They are TNA

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer - Bury him

Sting & Nash vs Jarrett & Joe - Don't know what's going on, so can't pick a side.

Douglas Williams vs Sabu- Despite being British and hating EV2, I think Sabu would be a more interesting X-Division champ.

Rhino vs Abyss- Bury the blubbering sycophant!

Velvet Sky vs Madison Rayne- She floats my boat.

Actually the fans chose those matches via poll not TNA themselves and prior to the DVD coming out Guns and Beer Money had just one 2 vs 2 match which was short and on Impact.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy- Let's hope Angle and Anderson can recapture Lockdown magic.

Anderson vs Pope- Whoever turns fully heel wins this one.

Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling- The Guns take this, but London Brawling probably gets the last laugh by laying a beat down at the end or something. Yep

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer- AJ wins and Tommy does come back. lol

Sting & Nash vs Jarrett & Joe- Don't care except for Joe so Joe wins by beating all three!

Douglas Williams vs Sabu- Sabu is way to inconsistent and old.

Rhino vs Abyss- Rhino can still go but Abyss is more over and greater talent.

Velvet Sky vs Madison Rayne- Sets Up the title match at BFG

Actually the fans chose those matches via poll not TNA themselves

I know. That's why I said "Poor choosing skills, TNA fans." It's nice to give the fans input, but when you end up with an assortment like this, is it not better to 'work the results' a little? It's a fine DVD, but severely lacking in variety.

I'm just bummed because I was sitting down to a meal, felt like watching a MCMG tag match, and couldn't find one.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy Wins and gets his last match at BFG

Anderson vs Pope - Ends Angles in ring career and gives him the TNA World Championship becoming the first black TNA World Champion.

Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling- Guns win but London Brawling looks strong

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer- Dreamer wins but AJ and Fourtune lay down a beat down on Dreamer

Sting & Nash vs Jarrett & Joe- Joe turns on JJ

Douglas Williams vs Sabu- Williams keeps the belt

Rhino vs Abyss- Keep Abyss looking strong

Velvet Sky vs Madison Rayne- Double DQ with Tara and Love getting involed

Prediction time!

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy- Angle is obviously winning this one

I would certainly hope so. Angle has the personality skills and can go. While Hardy's more of a cult figure. Albeit with a main event sized following

Anderson vs Pope- I'd like them to swerve us and have Pope regain his momentum, but I'm guessing Anderson wins this one.

I hate to agree because I'd be rooting for Pope. He has more potential to be interesting. But he doesn't have the backing Anderson does. Why that is always boggles my mind but it is what it is.

Motor City Machine Guns vs London Brawling- The Guns take this, but London Brawling probably gets the last laugh by laying a beat down at the end or something.

Again I would hope so. More established team, better chemsitry because of all the time together and if memory serves, the current champions. All that should carry them to victory and the post-match incident would help the still-meshing Englishmen.

AJ Styles vs Tommy Dreamer- AJ wins and Tommy doesn't come back.

Would have to agree. Styles is the face of the company. Or at least he would be in one that were smart. And while I like Dreamer as the grizzled veteran, he shouldn't be anybody in the number two promotion in the land at this stage of his career. He needs to be playing that grizzled veteran role in high level indy that recognizes itself as such. Shame there isn't one on TV these days.

Sting & Nash vs Jarrett & Joe- Sting & Nash win while Joe turns on Jarrett.

I go along with this prediction but for personal reasons. One of my nearest and dearest female friends passed on right about this time of year a couple years ago. This match would be a dream to her because the two guys in wrestling she was most attracted to were Sting and Kevin Nash. Only guy I'd care about in this match is Jarrett so she can have her dream team win.

Douglas Williams vs Sabu- Douglas retains

Works for me. Sabu's had his moment and he has his legacy. He'd gain nothing here. Although I wish Williams would get a gimmicked name. As Doug or DougLAS Williams it always leads me to think of Hope's father on Days Of Our Lives.

Rhino vs Abyss- I think Abyss will win, but I really want Rhino to get used again...

Does anybody really have to win? There have been times I've liked both guys. But both have run their course in TNA and I wish both would go away. How can I miss them and eventually want them back if they don't go away?

Velvet Sky vs Madison Rayne- This one could go either way. I'm a fan of both workers, so I'm ok with either winning.

No argument here. I'd probably just watch this one for the action, let the chips fall where they may and hope there was a enjoyable aftermath.

Looks like a good card on paper, so hopefully it turns out good.

I don't know that it looks all that great to me. Too many guys I could do without seeing. The only matches without "Do I HAF to" talent are the Machine Guns tag match and the Knockout match.