The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Watched some of the highlights of the London show and I have to say it looked really good. It looked like a real pro-wrestling show. TNA really needs to move out of the Impact Zone and start taking it on the road. I know its more expensive, but it brings so much more to the product. Plus, nobody pays to come to the Impact Zone so TNA is losing out on money anyway. While they may not be able to sell out the bigger arena's here in the US, some of the smaller arenas that ECW use to visit should be easy for them to sell out. By the way, the arena looked packed in London.

Completely agree on how great the presentation of the show looked in London. It looked professional, like a real promotion rather than the gameshow look the Impact Zone has. The problem is that, as you alluded to, is the cost. Spike are the ones who front the money for taking Impact on the road and they're not economically viable to keep doing. They're money losers in that they don't make a difference in the ratings and I don't believe the gates are enough to cover what Spike put in. Again, agreed on how the show looked away from the Impact Zone and it would look much better being like that more often, but it's just not happening.

Watched some of the highlights of the London show and I have to say it looked really good. It looked like a real pro-wrestling show. TNA really needs to move out of the Impact Zone and start taking it on the road. I know its more expensive, but it brings so much more to the product. Plus, nobody pays to come to the Impact Zone so TNA is losing out on money anyway. While they may not be able to sell out the bigger arena's here in the US, some of the smaller arenas that ECW use to visit should be easy for them to sell out. By the way, the arena looked packed in London.

They actually couldn't use their real set because they'd have to give refunds to people because too many tickets were sold.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Completely agree on how great the presentation of the show looked in London. It looked professional, like a real promotion rather than the gameshow look the Impact Zone has. The problem is that, as you alluded to, is the cost. Spike are the ones who front the money for taking Impact on the road and they're not economically viable to keep doing. They're money losers in that they don't make a difference in the ratings and I don't believe the gates are enough to cover what Spike put in. Again, agreed on how the show looked away from the Impact Zone and it would look much better being like that more often, but it's just not happening.

I would assume they charged the crowd and made a killing. if they can't make enough in the states, what doo you think about more tours. Maybe canada, Japan, Mexico etc. Makes them look more global as well and then because they are in the states less more folks might fork over some cash.

Dixie, Hogan, and Angle have been tweeting about it. Hogan is asking people to say prayers for him. Hopefully it's nothing too bad...

Fractured C1 vertebrae apparently. Ouch. (C1 is the very very top vertebrae, just under the skull in line with where the nose is. That's gotta hurt like a bitch).

that's actually pretty life threatening. How did he do that? on his tour (is that still going on?)

His match with Zema Ion. Jesse did a dive onto the outside that looked rough and then Zema Ion did his own dive and his knee landed on Jesse's shoulder/neck area from what I understand.

His match with Zema Ion. Jesse did a dive onto the outside that looked rough and then Zema Ion did his own dive and his knee landed on Jesse's shoulder/neck area from what I understand.

That's pretty close. Zema did a moonsault from the top rope to the floor but either he came up short or Jesse was too far back and instead of Jesse catching Zema like normally both of Zema's knees landed flat on the top of Jesse's head and he crumpled immediately to his stomach and didn't move again after that. It was scary but you gotta give it up to both of them, Jesse for showing so much recovery already (according to sources he's moving his arms and legs and will fully recover), and to Zema for not breaking character at any point during the whole thing it really made him look even more despicable as a heel.

I honestly don't expect the Russo move to change much. Its always amost impossible to know who is making what decision within TNA. But as far as I'm aware, the last time that Russo had full control creatively was late 2009, which was one of the best periods they've had since I started watching back in 2008. Pritchard has been there since the fall, apparently with oversight, and while there are some improvements, I still watch and see stuff like 5 segments on the same topic in one episode, a "surprise" reveal being someone already hyped as being on the show, and the wonderful Garrett Bischoff being a key storyline. Some fans like to point to the good things they are doing and say that its looking up, but there are always some good things going on, along with the typical crap. And the typical crap in TNA still seems to be there to me. I expect no change to that.

I honestly don't expect the Russo move to change much. Its always amost impossible to know who is making what decision within TNA. But as far as I'm aware, the last time that Russo had full control creatively was late 2009, which was one of the best periods they've had since I started watching back in 2008. Pritchard has been there since the fall, apparently with oversight, and while there are some improvements, I still watch and see stuff like 5 segments on the same topic in one episode, a "surprise" reveal being someone already hyped as being on the show, and the wonderful Garrett Bischoff being a key storyline. Some fans like to point to the good things they are doing and say that its looking up, but there are always some good things going on, along with the typical crap. And the typical crap in TNA still seems to be there to me. I expect no change to that.

Indeed. IMO TNA was beginning to become a real alternative to WWE right before Hogan came in. They were holding excellent PPVs, having excellent storylines and excellent matches at the tail end of 2009. But then they tried to compete with the WWE, got creamed in the ratings and got way worse. They still haven't reached/matched their 2009 heights as far as story and match quality goes, IMO.