The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Or you could put Roode & Harris together as a bland midcard heel team and push James Storm all the way to the top as the bad ass drunken babyface he deserves to be! No offense to either of the other men (well... maybe a little to Wildcat) but I'm a big Storm mark.

I am surprised to hear this because it looks like he lost that weight he gained. Wish Tomko would do the same.

Tomko makes me laugh every time I see him. Fat, out of shape, "promising", not even a has-been, but still always given a shot :) The poor guy has nothing going for him...

Or you could put Roode & Harris together as a bland midcard heel team and push James Storm all the way to the top as the bad ass drunken babyface he deserves to be! No offense to either of the other men (well... maybe a little to Wildcat) but I'm a big Storm mark.

I never understood why Beer Money had to just be Roode and Storm. Why couldn't they have kept Harris around and had all three of them together? A mixture of Beer Money and AMW would have been really sick in my opinion. I wasn't on-board when they turned Beer Money heel because they were getting some really nice pops as faces. Harris always came across as a pure babyface to me. Maybe he wouldn't work out so well as a heel in Beer Money, but I think they should have at least tried having all three of them together.

When I went to a live TNA show in December - Beer Money was still face and they got a bigger pop then AJ (who was face and champ) AND Angle (who was the biggest star there). I thought that spoke volumes... but at the same time it's Maine and who in Maine is going to dislike a duo whose music starts, "BEER... MONEY!" Yeah, nobody in Maine would or could dislike that.

I never understood why Beer Money had to just be Roode and Storm. Why couldn't they have kept Harris around and had all three of them together? A mixture of Beer Money and AMW would have been really sick in my opinion. I wasn't on-board when they turned Beer Money heel because they were getting some really nice pops as faces. Harris always came across as a pure babyface to me. Maybe he wouldn't work out so well as a heel in Beer Money, but I think they should have at least tried having all three of them together.

When I went to a live TNA show in December - Beer Money was still face and they got a bigger pop then AJ (who was face and champ) AND Angle (who was the biggest star there). I thought that spoke volumes... but at the same time it's Maine and who in Maine is going to dislike a duo whose music starts, "BEER... MONEY!" Yeah, nobody in Maine would or could dislike that.

I believe Beer Money came together after Chris Harris left for WWE (Braden Walker, yo!) so there hasn't been a chance for the three of them to get together. I was never high on Harris. I never understood his babyface-appeal. I never saw a reason to like or cheer him. The character did nothing for me. He had nothing on Storm's drunken cowboy act. I really do think that if space opened up at the top of the card, James Storm could step up as an almost Stone Cold-esque drunken cowboy bad ass take-no-prisoners kick-any-ass babyface

Beer Money's act is pure id. Just like wrestling fulfills a desire to watch violence, they represent the desire for... well... Beer and Money. We all want more money. I'd wager the majority of wrestling fans like getting drunk. Even though greed is 'wrong' and getting drunk is 'irresponsible', in many ways these are two guys we can live vicariously through, so they've got awesome babyface potential. Far more than your typical white-meat 'good guy'.

Serves me right for not following along closer. I didn't even know he had gone to WWE. I just thought TNA let him go and that's what I thought was strange. I'm guessing around the time he left I wasn't really watching any wrestling at the time. I go through periods of time where I watch absolutely nothing on TV and then I decide to again. Keeps everything fresh for me.

I'd need to see Storm in more singles matches to think that. I don't get the babyface feel from Storm, but I could see him playing the tweener role very well like Austin. I was just thinking about AMW/Beer Money together because they had the freakin' Band together for a while. I'd rather have seen Storm, Harris, and Roode together then Hall, Nash, and Waltman. Makes sense why it didn't happen though. I can't believe I didn't know he went to WWE for a while.

I'm guessing he isn't with WWE anymore?

Serves me right for not following along closer. I didn't even know he had gone to WWE. I just thought TNA let him go and that's what I thought was strange. I'm guessing around the time he left I wasn't really watching any wrestling at the time. I go through periods of time where I watch absolutely nothing on TV and then I decide to again. Keeps everything fresh for me.

I'd need to see Storm in more singles matches to think that. I don't get the babyface feel from Storm, but I could see him playing the tweener role very well like Austin. I was just thinking about AMW/Beer Money together because they had the freakin' Band together for a while. I'd rather have seen Storm, Harris, and Roode together then Hall, Nash, and Waltman. Makes sense why it didn't happen though. I can't believe I didn't know he went to WWE for a while.

Thats how successful it was :p two matches and a backstage segment with Matt Hardy

This video will explain everything you need to know about his WWE career:

Lol was planning to write that in my ill fated TNA diary did it in the game and called them Beer Money Wanted! Working under freebird rules. Opens up the possibility of rotating one having a solo run and another a team run. Still with Fourtune around don't see this happening at this time.

And yeah Harris got a singles run but kind of petered out once his feud with Storm was over and Harris decided to go for the E.

Lol was planning to write that in my ill fated TNA diary did it in the game and called them Beer Money Wanted! Working under freebird rules. Opens up the possibility of rotating one having a solo run and another a team run. Still with Fourtune around don't see this happening at this time.

And yeah Harris got a singles run but kind of petered out once his feud with Storm was over and Harris decided to go for the E.

Harris got a huge singles push during the weekly ppvs. He nearly beat Jarrett for the title. Russo was really behind him.

So the house show in Brooklyn was the highest attendance TNA has gotten in the states. I think TNA holding more and more shows in the Tri-State area is a very good idea. Wrestling is still alive and well around here. We may not be very kind to TNA, but we'll still buy tickets and show up.

I also feel they should look into doing more cross promotion like they did this time with that lower league baseball team. Still good news to see when they put more effort into marketing an event combined with a good area they can draw. Hope Death Ray had a good try out.

If Fourtune is really going to be a modern day 4 Horseman do you think AJ Styles, Kazarian, and Beer Money would be an accurate representation of what the 4 Horseman were?

AJ should be what Sting was to the Horseman... their rival! My opinion at least.

When I think of the Horseman I remember Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Chris Benoit, Steve McMichael, and Barry Windham in particular.

Morgan could fit the McMichael, or Sid role. You need 2 technicians and probably another enforcer type. Kazarian could be in Benoits old role. James Storm to the other enforcer role maybe? Who would be the World Title contender... leader... the Ric Flair of the group?

Just trying to get a conversation going about this.

No offense, but comparing Matt Morgan to Mongo actually made me sick to my stomach. Matt Morgan has more talent in his pinky toe then Mongo had in his entire body. :p

I am not comparing talent. I am comparing roles. Morgan is a big guy who could be like an enforcer for the group. Thats why I said Mongo or Sid. They were big guys who served a role in the group.

I never liked the latter-day versions of the Horsemen. I liked the original composition. 4 Champions who fought hard, partied harder, and stuck together to beat up babyfaces. A charismatic workhouse of a world champion. A cool midcard champ. A bad ass tag team. A manager.

I never liked the latter-day versions of the Horsemen. I liked the original composition. 4 Champions who fought hard, partied harder, and stuck together to beat up babyfaces. A charismatic workhouse of a world champion. A cool midcard champ. A bad ass tag team. A manager.

You think any 5 guys in TNA would fit those roles?