The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Jarrett is the only person I can think of just now that would make sense... I always love his theme music, will be awesome to hear that again if it is him. :D

As for Kurt, I get the feeling the storyline he's running now is the start of him working towards retirement. That's twice he's been unable to beat Roode now, with Roode refusing to tap out and forcing Kurt to push his body beyond it's own limits in order to try and get the win... seems the storyline is being pushed that Kurt still has the heart to fight but his body is just giving out on him, which seems like a pretty neat way to phase out his in-ring career while putting over someone like Roode, who is awesome. I can see Roode pushing and taunting Kurt with promos in this rivalry that pushes Kurt even further along this path too... could be an intense rivalry, one that puts Roode over as being a total ruthless, manipulative bastard while Kurt looks as good as ever.

Would be a shame fo Kurt to retire, but this could be an interesting way to end his in-ring career if that's the path this is going down. The selling of "losing control of his limbs" was extraordinary, he really looked like he was a broken man.... a neat continuation of the BFG finish, which it seems like I was in the minority in liking. :p

I just had a quick look through the former champions list... I'd be sad if it was Hogan, the guy has a bad habit of getting his lines wrong and it has been some fairly important ones at various points. Given his price tag and TNA's evident money woes, they shouldn't be bringing him back.

I'm pretty sure it will be Jeff Jarrett, which could be interesting as he'd be a great babyface to put against Dixie just now. There are a few other people it could be, but none of them seem likely for various reasons. And since I'm pretty sure the show has already been taped (I'm not 100% sure of that), I'm fairly sure we'd have heard news if it was a big surprise. :p I avoid spoilers for future events though, so maybe I'm just not paying attention. :)

Nope, this week's show is being filmed this Thursday before it goes on air. I know it's a tape delay, just not how much of one. They film next Thursday's the same day.

I think they're almost done with the shows on the road but I don't remember the exact date they're relocating back to Universal Studios.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alphadraighon" data-cite="alphadraighon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>According to Dixie, the "former World Champion" is Pacman Jones.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8YSSuPZHug" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8YSSuPZHug</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gotta be a joke.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GhostDogg" data-cite="GhostDogg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If TNA has any sense left, they would NOT do this. <p> </p><p> I mean they actually do this, they would make WCW look "competent"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dunno about that. Pacman is better than Arquette.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dunno about that. Pacman is better than Arquette.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ask Tommy Urbanski that. Arquette at least wasn't a suspect in a criminal case.</p><p> </p><p> Plus Pacman is still signed to the Bengals.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ask Tommy Urbanski that. Arquette at least wasn't a suspect in a criminal case.<p> </p><p> Plus Pacman is still signed to the Bengals.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So Pacman is more of an athlete then? I rest my case. </p><p> </p><p> TNA is doing this for publicity and also to make fun of themselves I think. There has to be more to this than just Jones coming out. Someone else will return I think.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rickymex" data-cite="Rickymex" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ask Tommy Urbanski that. Arquette at least wasn't a suspect in a criminal case.<p> </p><p> Plus Pacman is still signed to the Bengals.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Impact will be in Cinci that day and Pacman was signed to the Titans the first time he was in TNA.</p>

So, just watched the Halloween Impact. Pretty good show (I skipped the Dixie promo).

Is Full Metal Mayhem just a TLC match?

Also was I the only one that noticed the pre-recorded (or, post-recorded I guess) cut-ins from Tenay hyping the Bellator show? It's almost as if he forgot to hype it enough on the show and they made him do it afterwards and edited them in. :p "Tenay! You only repeated yourself 4 times about a completely different show on our network! Do it more!"

And as good as Angle/Roode was, it does annoy me that Angle no-sells the Crossface so much. Occasionally it'll cut to Angle's face and he's just there chillin'.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, just watched the Halloween Impact. Pretty good show (I skipped the Dixie promo).<p> </p><p> Is Full Metal Mayhem just a TLC match?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but the name TLC and Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match is is copyrighted by WWE.</p>

<p>Pacman and the other guy will get TNA on Sportscenter and news across the country so its a good move.</p><p> </p><p>

I also think the other guy looks like a he would be a good wrestler he's bodyslam was real good also haha, maybe a future wrestler there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dumb move to have 2 non wrestlers beat up 2 wrestlers...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Smart move,it'll make headlines across ESPN, and other sport platforms.</p><p> </p><p> TNA needs to get the name of their company out and stuff like this helps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jwt13" data-cite="jwt13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Smart move,it'll make headlines across ESPN, and other sport platforms.<p> </p><p> TNA needs to get the name of their company out and stuff like this helps.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If Pac Man and Dequin? got beat up it would make news too, they didn't need to go over 2 actual wrestlers. In the words of Jake Roberts, Kaz and Daniels have to wrestle for a living, Pac Man doesn't!</p>