DOTM: November Nominations

For Rookie, I'll nominate jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings. I don't usually give WWE diaries set after 2003 or so a second glance, so it speaks to jw's quality that I've gotten on board. Only recently started reading it, but really digging it so far. Wrestlemania should be fun.

In the real word, I've gotta nominate Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T). Another great month of vintage 80's wrestling from Oldschool. The steel cage match (and post match shenanigans) between Bruno Sammartino and Greg The Hammer was great. That entire feud has been great, actually.

I'll hold on to my final nomination for now.

Gosh darn it, can someone second at least one more Rookie Nomination? It seems only one diary for Rookie has been seconded :p

Oh yeah, FIN's diary deserves to have two awards in a row. ;)

Perhaps it's due to the Diary scene winding up a bit with TEW2010 coming up.

Regarding my diary, sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy and even this weekend it was really unusual for me to be away on a trip. Lots of updates coming next week! :cool:

Perhaps it's due to the Diary scene winding up a bit with TEW2010 coming up.

Regarding my diary, sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy and even this weekend it was really unusual for me to be away on a trip. Lots of updates coming next week! :cool:

I'm surprised Foolinc's TEW 108 Can I Be A Booker has yet to be seconded, so I'm going to throw my final vote his way in the rookie category.

Last month I had like 3 rookies I wanted to nominate. This month I have none. Which is totally my fault, I haven't been reading as much as I was... or possibly Adam's fault for announcing TEW2010... the jerk.

I'll second FINisher's Jobbers Guide thingy for C-Verse. Nice to get some more new blood in there to take on them darned Old Guard. STOP CLINGING ON TO YOUR SPOTS!

In the real word, I've gotta nominate Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T). Another great month of vintage 80's wrestling from Oldschool. The steel cage match (and post match shenanigans) between Bruno Sammartino and Greg The Hammer was great. That entire feud has been great, actually.

I want to second Oldschool's WWF-rewriting history diary,

it's like waking up on saturday morning and watching the history unfold. He does an amazing job of recapturing the WWF of the early 80's. His build into an alternate ending is fun to see too.....no Hulk Hogan riding in to take WWF to the next level, so who will be put in as the next champion?? Masked Superstar's rise to the top and his challenge for Backlund's title, Andre and the French Connection, and so many other stories going on keeps me hooked!!

...says the three-time winner :p

Technically 2 of those were draws, so I only count them when it's convenient to me. In this case, they are not, so I've only won it once, so STEP ASIDE OLDE TIMER!

:D

lol, I'm so far behind in my diary readings... I'm only ab out 150 posts into Bigpapa, I'm falling behind on FCW again... FCK's completely fallen by the wayside (sorry Self, I was reading it, I swear! ;))

No problem. The best diaries are more like novels, to be picked up and read at any time, as opposed to soap operas, where if you miss an episode you're buggered. Whenever you're ready to rejoin the Frontier Combat Kingdom, it'll be waiting for you.

There is a survey I've got going you could help me out with though. It doesn't require THAT much knowledge of my work.

Archived