What's going on in your game?

In my TCW game I just held Malice In Wonderland. My main storyline is Jenifer Cornell coming to the company and announcing she's divorcing Tommy as he's been cheating on her. She already has 7% stock in TCW and intends to take half of Tommy's, making her majority owner of TCW. She also reveals she intends to sell her stock to Nemesis.

So yeah, Malice In Wonderland, Nemesis & Jenifer got the TCW Board of Directors to comission a match between The Syndicate & The Freedom Fighters. If The Syndicate lose, they disband. They win.

The following Total Wrestling, Tommy has a plan to remain powerful, even once he loses the company....to become TCW World Heavyweigh champion. Nemesis comes out (with Jenifer) and introduces the new TCW GM has appointed by the TCW Board of Directors...Eric Tyler (who had done a few weeks of commentary) Tyler gets to work quickly, telling Cornell he can't have a title shot until the divorce is settled. Tommy is pissed and the following week attacks Tyler in the closing moments of the show. Jenifer & Nemesis call for Tyler to suspend Tommy Cornell but Tyler says he'll deal with it his own way...in the ring at War To Settle The Score....

There's other stuff going on but this is my main catalyst at the moment. I have big plans. Sammy Bach is currently dual-champion (International & All Action) and I plan to push him to the Main Event and maybe have him hold all 3 singles titles. He will join the DaVE stable which Nemesis & Tyler start in an attempt to kill TCW. Due to the way it's ran, the Board of Directors won't allow Nemesis to simply change the name of the promotion etc. The DaVE stable will be heels with Cornell turning face along with several others. It culminates in TCW vs DaVE match in an "All Or Nothing" match.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was his overness significantly higher?

I learned that win streak lesson with Goldberg and Scott Steiner in a previous game. Had them both at 100 overness in most of the world. My current game Goldberg loses by fluke every so often.

Relatively speaking, at the time of the title change he was. But nobody was close to CanDrag in overness. He was at 49 initially vs. Beauchamp's 33. But after the title change they shifted from to 39 vs. 41 respectively and CanDrag didn't want to draw him. I could care less though at this point, I gave CanDrag everything while he was physically on the decline...he can suck it if he doesn't want to be a team player and give back now. He's always had attitude issues and I overlooked it because he was the most over and talented guy and he never complained about losing until after his ultra long reign.

Relatively speaking, at the time of the title change he was. But nobody was close to CanDrag in overness. He was at 49 initially vs. Beauchamp's 33. But after the title change they shifted from to 39 vs. 41 respectively and CanDrag didn't want to draw him. I could care less though at this point, I gave CanDrag everything while he was physically on the decline...he can suck it if he doesn't want to be a team player and give back now. He's always had attitude issues and I overlooked it because he was the most over and talented guy and he never complained about losing until after his ultra long reign.

If overness is that big of a difference that is why he didn't want to lose to him. It would be like John Cena going and losing to R-Truth right now. It is a big gap in credibility basically.

I can see why you would still shift the championship given the attitude issues though. Plus with him being so old now might as well go another direction.

If overness is that big of a difference that is why he didn't want to lose to him. It would be like John Cena going and losing to R-Truth right now. It is a big gap in credibility basically.

I can see why you would still shift the championship given the attitude issues though. Plus with him being so old now might as well go another direction.

Yeah, I was totally willing to take the collateral damage on him at the time, and expected him to react the way he did. The main event needed a shakeup and the only way to do it was to dethrone him. Clearly it's worked as show ratings are up and Canadian Dragon NEVER had a 54 match rating, which Beauchamp pulled off with Danny Patterson. Prior to the title change Patterson vs. Beauchamp would get maybe a 40. Never higher than 42. I'm going to keep using Dragon though through the remainder of his contract and not bury him out of respect to his tenure with me. I feel like the next rematch between he and Beauchamp could still possibly peak near 60 despite his poor attitude.

Yeah, I was totally willing to take the collateral damage on him at the time, and expected him to react the way he did. The main event needed a shakeup and the only way to do it was to dethrone him. Clearly it's worked as show ratings are up and Canadian Dragon NEVER had a 54 match rating, which Beauchamp pulled off with Danny Patterson. Prior to the title change Patterson vs. Beauchamp would get maybe a 40. Never higher than 42. I'm going to keep using Dragon though through the remainder of his contract and not bury him out of respect to his tenure with me. I feel like the next rematch between he and Beauchamp could still possibly peak near 60 despite his poor attitude.

You could have CD beat guys who are lower midcard guys which would in turn help their overness even by losing in close open matches with CD. That would be a good way to build them up.

You could have CD beat guys who are lower midcard guys which would in turn help their overness even by losing in close open matches with CD. That would be a good way to build them up.

Agreed..and it's sort of what I've been doing. Everyone who deserves to be booked in the main event wrestles the top guys, regardless of where their actual "push" lies. I think I was hitting a brick wall since I had let gimmicks stagnate...everyone seems to be clicking suddenly and it appears as though I'm reaping the benefits now. The 6 person storyline is helping my match ratings considerably.

Well playing the data as is... TBS and TNT only work with International Companies. Plus WCW is owned by a media group that rivals every other television network so you are stuck with only those 2 stations to try and get a tv deal.

Besides I think it will be fun to modify the data and add/change some things to my own liking. Obviously Savage was retired by then but putting him back in WCW would be fun, and the other changes too. That's why I am considering it an alternate reality mod for myself. Not something I will release to the public or anything.

Don't feel bad about bringing Savage in. He was not retired then. WCW was just gone and he had nowhere to work. Vince was never going to bring him to the WWF.

He wasn't on tv with WCW because of contract disputes that had happened (multiple times since 1996) and because he wasn't considered useful anymore.

He appeared in TNA and was going to be a full time wrestle until he (once again) had a contract dispute.

Don't feel bad about bringing Savage in. He was not retired then. WCW was just gone and he had nowhere to work. Vince was never going to bring him to the WWF.

He wasn't on tv with WCW because of contract disputes that had happened (multiple times since 1996) and because he wasn't considered useful anymore.

He appeared in TNA and was going to be a full time wrestle until he (once again) had a contract dispute.

Oh ok I didn't realize that. Awesome! I am investing a lot of time writing an alternate reality to what really happened from 1995-2005. I may make a mod of this.

Thought I would share this as one of those- you can't plan this/amuses only me things.

Playing as XWA i decided I needed a jobber tag team with decent psychology and selling to get over some monsters I had decided to build up. I decided to put them under masks and use the El Cabron mask/name from the 1977CV data. I hired Remmy Honeyman as El Cabron I and Cyclon as El Cabron 2. Within a couple months Josh Jones debuted in my game. I immediately signed him up as I had had success with him in a previous game. In that game I put his ugly mug under a mask as Phoenix IV teamed with Phoenix I. I decided to do the same this game making him El Cabron III.

I tried different pairing to see if there was any chemistry and finally settled on using I & III as tag partners and II as a singles jobber. Eventually when contracts came up I didn't renew Cyclon and kept Honeyman and Jones. Now I probably should have just renumbered them but decided to keep them as I & III. They have gone on to be a pretty good team often getting into title matches since they can have good matches with anyone. I even had them split for a time and feud over the X title which III won when I had to make an emergency change when my champion was signed up by a bigger company. They actually have really good chemistry as opponents and while they are teaming again now, I think I will eventually have them in a mask vs. mask match.

I have also considered bringing in a V (there is no graphic for a 4) or debuting a new guy as II but as of yet I haven't found a good fit.

Just booked my best show so far. Its the Smackdown right before the Royal Rumble, so I wanted to make it special.

Here's the card and ratings

MNM vs Mexicools vs Regal & Burchill(tag title match)- 81

Christian, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Kane & Big Show vs Edge, Kurt Angle, Layne Taylor, Triple H, and Carlito-83

Juventud vs Stevie Richards- 69

Finlay vs Matt Hardy(European Title match)- 76

William Regal vs Chris Benoit-94

JBL vs Randy Orton vs Bobby Lashley- 78

John Cena, The Undertaker, and Sting vs The Rock, Randy Orton, and Chris Jericho- 98!!!!

Yes, I'm aware Orton and Regal both wrestled twice. Orton is being legit punished for picking fights backstage and Regal is being kayfabe punished. I used people from all three brands(Raw, WCW, and Smackdown) for this Smackdown since the Rumble is a few days away and I wanted to further a few storylines going in.

Thought I would share this as one of those- you can't plan this/amuses only me things.

Playing as XWA i decided I needed a jobber tag team with decent psychology and selling to get over some monsters I had decided to build up. I decided to put them under masks and use the El Cabron mask/name from the 1977CV data. I hired Remmy Honeyman as El Cabron I and Cyclon as El Cabron 2. Within a couple months Josh Jones debuted in my game. I immediately signed him up as I had had success with him in a previous game. In that game I put his ugly mug under a mask as Phoenix IV teamed with Phoenix I. I decided to do the same this game making him El Cabron III.

I tried different pairing to see if there was any chemistry and finally settled on using I & III as tag partners and II as a singles jobber. Eventually when contracts came up I didn't renew Cyclon and kept Honeyman and Jones. Now I probably should have just renumbered them but decided to keep them as I & III. They have gone on to be a pretty good team often getting into title matches since they can have good matches with anyone. I even had them split for a time and feud over the X title which III won when I had to make an emergency change when my champion was signed up by a bigger company. They actually have really good chemistry as opponents and while they are teaming again now, I think I will eventually have them in a mask vs. mask match.

I have also considered bringing in a V (there is no graphic for a 4) or debuting a new guy as II but as of yet I haven't found a good fit.

I'm using Honeyman and Jones as a Jobber tag team in my CZCW game now. They work quite well for that.

Just booked my best show so far. Its the Smackdown right before the Royal Rumble, so I wanted to make it special.

Here's the card and ratings

MNM vs Mexicools vs Regal & Burchill(tag title match)- 81

Christian, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Kane & Big Show vs Edge, Kurt Angle, Layne Taylor, Triple H, and Carlito-83

Juventud vs Stevie Richards- 69

Finlay vs Matt Hardy(European Title match)- 76

William Regal vs Chris Benoit-94

JBL vs Randy Orton vs Bobby Lashley- 78

John Cena, The Undertaker, and Sting vs The Rock, Randy Orton, and Chris Jericho- 98!!!!

Yes, I'm aware Orton and Regal both wrestled twice. Orton is being legit punished for picking fights backstage and Regal is being kayfabe punished. I used people from all three brands(Raw, WCW, and Smackdown) for this Smackdown since the Rumble is a few days away and I wanted to further a few storylines going in.

Just had an awesome Royal Rumble pay per view!

My 3 world title matches were great and no Orton's depush can officially begin while I build Regal to take the belt off Undertaker. Muahahaha

Jeff Hardy won the Royal Rumble because Triple H used his creative control to block Christian from winning it. :rolleyes:

So Christian is going to win MitB now.

Also on the card I had a tag title showcase featuring my 3 sets of tag champs(one one each brand...I love tag wrestling lol)

Which this match was Kane & The Big Show vs MNM vs The Dudley Boyz.

Decided to get back into the full swing of things with APWF...

Which meant we just held King of Wrestling 1980!!! The ever devious Crew, again looking for total domination and control of APWF, announced they were going to "own" the tournament this year, and promised that one of them WOULD win the tournament by any means.

When this means meant rampant cheating and the brutal assault of his close friend, The Shaman, reigning APWF Heavyweight champion Chief Two Eagles had seen enough... and for the first time since the tournament was held by APWF, the current champion optioned his right to enter the tournament so he could attempt to stop The Crew personally from winning the tournament and the guaranteed title shot at the APWF Steel City Supercard the next month.

Naturally, all three members of The Crew (Terry Lambert, The Brooklyn Punk, and Marcus McKing) all managed to qualify. And, naturally, it would come to Chief Two Eagles to try and eliminate them! The Brooklyn Punk was defeated in the first round, and then in what was said by many to be the match of the night, the semi-finals saw Chief Two Eagles get a huge victory over Terry Lambert (who many felt was the favorite to win this year)! Alas, the other half of the semis saw Marcus McKing triumphant over Burt Selleck, leading to the inevitable showdown of Chief Two Eagles and Marcus McKing for the right to call themselves "The King Of Wrestling" for the next year.

And, as we all know, it takes a King. Despite his valiant efforts, Two Eagles was simply too worn down from the exhaustive battles with TBP and Lambert, and soon fell victim to the cheating ways of Marcus McKing... a "Long Live The King" later, and Marcus once again prooved why he's APWF's royalty. Now McKing gets a shot to defeat Two Eagles again, this time with the APWF title on the line, at the Steel City Supercard in a match of his choosing.

Meanwhile, Bill Popinowski, having suffered his first defeat in his run with APWF after nearly two years, has begun to question whether it was his beloved Communism which ultimately failed him in his battle with "America's Native Son", Chief Two Eagles. Seeing a potential "business opportunity", Terry Lambert has begun to show the disillusioned Polish monster the ways and powers of capitalism... the International Wrestling League has begun to panic as its prized member seems willing to listen to Lambert's stories of glory of his twisted vision of the American Dream.

Following the overwhelmingly critically acclaimed "best of seven series" (done successfully with match traps ON) against Kenzo Isozaki, which ultimately ended with his victory and winning the APWF Tri-State title from Kenzo, APWF's "other Terry", Terry Carmen, has found himself in the cross-hairs of the brutal Giant Grimsley. Despite his small stature, the scrappy 43 year old veteran has become an underdog favorite in APWF, using his vast wrestling knowledge and technical abilities to conquer his consistently larger opponents. But now he faces possibly the largest wrestling in the USA today, and no amount of ability or strategy may be enough for him to ultimately overcome the massive monster who has taken to brutalizing him at every turn... Or will Terry Carmen proove once and for all that size truly doesn't matter?

In other news, APWF has recently signed it's first ever "pay-per-view" deal, meaning we can now charge people money for the ability to watch such events as the King of Wrestling or the Steel City Supercard live from the comfort of their own homes! Finally, no more hoping to be one of the lucky few thousand who can manage to get a ticket to the best wrestling in America today!

With the recent opening of APWF's new "child company", Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling, word has it APWF is already looking to further expand its family. The rumour is APWF is looking to officially open a facility which is currently known only as "The Steel Mill", which experts believe will be used as a "training school" to help develop the future of American wrestling. Further rumors have come with a great deal of names for potential head trainers of this potential new wrestling school, with both of APWF's own Terry Carmen and Farmer Fran at the forefront of the possible Head Trainer candidates.

So not really a what's going in my game, which will come tomorrow probably as I have only one more show to go with CZCW in 2013. But I just got my first extra point for a new talent. Right now I have Negotiating 4, Motivating 6, Creativity 4 and Leadership 6. So what should I spend that point on. I'm thinking Motivating or Negotiating as my backstage hasn't been under 100% in 3 years.

So not really a what's going in my game, which will come tomorrow probably as I have only one more show to go with CZCW in 2013. But I just got my first extra point for a new talent. Right now I have Negotiating 4, Motivating 6, Creativity 4 and Leadership 6. So what should I spend that point on. I'm thinking Motivating or Negotiating as my backstage hasn't been under 100% in 3 years.

Honestly, I'd go motivation. You'll likely never get negotiating to the magical seven needed to help with written deals when you hit Cult, and creativity can be worked around.

I'm just about to start a TCW game, as I haven't ever played them. Probably going to set the ratio to 70-80%, because I like having angles in my shows to setup storylines and matches. Even if it's just a short interview, or post match beat down, or promo to get a stable over.

My favourite products to run are one with Popularity and Performance equal so I'm thinking about lowering Realism or Modern to low, would there be a difference at all if I lowered Realism to Low vs Modern to Low? Or maybe I should just bump Risque or Comedy to Medium?

I'd say Comedy. Comedy gets you sponsorships easier. Though I'm not sure if Risque at medium will have negative effects on that...and, of course, you don't want to miss out on certain wrestlers.

Again, not sure if medium risque will do that...

~~~

Anyone ever tried a promotion that's 10% matches? Wrong topic, but...>_>

I'm just about to start a TCW game, as I haven't ever played them. Probably going to set the ratio to 70-80%, because I like having angles in my shows to setup storylines and matches. Even if it's just a short interview, or post match beat down, or promo to get a stable over.

My favourite products to run are one with Popularity and Performance equal so I'm thinking about lowering Realism or Modern to low, would there be a difference at all if I lowered Realism to Low vs Modern to Low? Or maybe I should just bump Risque or Comedy to Medium?

Dropping realism to low is probably the best way to go. Adding Comedy risks making a somewhat tricky product even worse.

I've had good results slightly lowering the match lengths, lower the match ratio to 80% for TV and also lowered Realism to low and upped Risque to Very Low.

So, back to my IWC game...

Only did one show last night as I was out and about..but it was the highest rated show we ever had at a 49 (judge me all you want, I'm proud).

I am regretting, now, not doing a lot of things sooner...like revamping my product to emphasize performance more, main event storylines, keeping gimmicks fresh. I am also really looking forward, for some reason, to Canadian Dragon leaving. I had some information wrong about the 54 rated match that Beauchamp had, it was against Dean Waldorf, not Danny Patterson (Patterson vs. Beauchamp was 51). I figured the longest reigning champ vs. the current champ would have to get higher than 54...not so much apparently. The question is, now, who will step up when CanDrag leaves?

I'll be putting a lot of consideration into it, but right now it's a close race between Riley McManus and Animal Harker. I'm leaning towards Riley, but ultimately I'm going to go with whoever has been having the best matches outside of the current main event picture. El Ladron has also been doing quite nicely as of late, but I don't know if he's quite at the same level just yet.

Once Dragon leaves, I've decided to split the Paratroopers tag team of Paradox and Paradigm and let them take a chance in singles, I'll probably put Jebediah and Ox Ko*mumble*uk since I somehow feel they'd mesh well, and will then hire a new face. Kristian Von something out of ACPW is my most likely candidate...and I can't remember if anyone has been on my shortlist longer. Trix Triumph is also on there as my backup. I kinda wish my roster had higher turnover, in terms of pumping out talent to the top feds, but it hasn't been happening. Maybe I need to go to war with TCW, USPW, and SWF or something...

I started a TNA game with the KYR 2011 mod. Three months in and the first death occured, Mr. Aguila died on a drug overdose.

In TNA news, my most notable signings are Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho (who will start a fued down the line), I brought back Christopher Daniels and also signed Chris Hero and Charlie Haas (who will be reunited with Shelton Benjamin). In turn, I released or am going to release Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore, Miss Tessmacher and Cookie. Hogan and Foley will soon be phased out of active competition once their storyline reaches that point.

2013 wasn't much of a growth year for CZCW in terms of overness. But our bank account has swollen to well over 2mil.

A new owner goal popped up in the middle of the year which meant. Acid II, Ash Campbell, Frankie-Boy Fernandez, Jason Thunder and Lomas Lightning all would not be able to be resigned. Looking to cut one more work (I have a little OCD I always need an even number of workers) I let Stretch the Chicken Boy loose.

This year had an over arcing story in the main event. Marc Speed went on to defend his title against all five of the other main eventers. After beating them all the three main event tag teams had matches against each other each ending in a draw. They finally met in a three way tag match which The Island Warriors went on too win when Mikey James laid out his partner Ota (turning Ota Face) and walked off leaving Bali So'oialo to pin him. Bali then beat his tag partner Tama So'oialo in the same night and in a third match beat Marc Speed for the Coastal Zone Championship title match.

The next week Speed took back his title (to fufill a title requirement) Then The Island Warriors drew The Combatants (Fox Mask and Marc Speed) and in a final match up that was my best match ever in a CZCW Modern Cage match Bali So'oialo and Marc Speed pulled a B+ title match for Bali to regain the title. On the same show Mikey James won a four way number one contender match only to be snapped up by TCW three days later. A Replacement has been brought in for Mikey but won't be shown until January, suffice to say it is a returning Zoner who was not with the company at the start of the game but whose bio states some good matches from this person years before.

Snap Dragon defended his Xtreme title against Acid II and The Thrill Seekers, Jeremiah Moose and Roderick Remus. Eventually triumphing before we lost Acid II. After fending off those thugs he had a nice three match series with Angel De Mexico who's tag partner, Cal Sanders, was off finding himself (gimmick change) in the middle of the year.

The tag team titles held by The Top Rope All-Stars (Ash Campbell and The American Flash) were defended against Rich and Famous, until Ash Campbell's contract wasn't renewed giving Rich and Famous a well deserved title run. This must have been a blow to Campbell who's father Nemesis died of a drug overdose earlier in the year and is now unemployed having left PSW to focus on CZCW in 2012.

With both Acid II and Ash Campbell gone Snap Dragon and The American Flash join together as The Lost Souls. And Jared Johnson and El Diablo also lose their partners forming now The Evolution of Evil.

2014 looks to be a year of more financial growth and then 2015 is the Quarter century mark for CZCW and with a stacked War chest could this mean a push toward cult and beyond for the little promotion they said that couldn't but always has.

And now for my problem Amazing Fire Fly has been with me since January 2010 and has not seen a single point in growth in psychology which still sits firmly at 40. But he's got great chemistry with La Sombra Jr in their tag team Heroes De La Mexicanos and a flashiness of 95 which when put with good opponents means an exciting match. The thing is La Sombra Jr has grown 23 points in psychology in the same 4 years and although he'll be stuck at the lower end of the card until I can get him more overness in our overlapping regions he does have a singles career ahead of him when I hit cult and beyond. So I'm thinking I should keep Fire Fly on untill I get a little ways into cult to keep the tag experience going and then drop him, but I hate wasting two more years on a guy who's not going to see any psychology growth (or stamina growth for that matter 40 something year old Ota has grown 9 points in stamina in 2 years while being in terminal decline but Fire Fly hasn't gained a single point).

Sid Vicious took over the role as head booker in WWE o.O ... (Vince retired) ... The man who said "I am twice the man as you are, Kevin Nash (I think) ... and I have half the brain!" Let's just say I didn't expect this, lol (KYR 2011 data).

North Of The Border Pro Wrestling

Beginning of May 2010 with $6,054,033

20 shows completed

Champions

NOTBPW Canadian

Steve DeColt

17 Defense made so far

I tried to have Steve drop the title to Sean McFly at the April Pay Per View but he didn't want to lose the match. I am glad that I didn't do this in the long run because since Steve is feuding with Dan he should probably lose it to Dan and not Sean.

NOTBPW Womens

Kristabel Plum

7 Defenses made so far.

NOTBPW Tag Team

Brown and Haynes: Omar Brown and Harlem Haynes

4 Defenses made so far.

Feuds

Sean McFly vs. Jeremy Stone

Dan Stone Jr. vs. Steve DeColt ©

NOTBPW Canadian Championship Feud

New Signings

Ted Brady

Dirty Frank

Larry Wood

Note: The next update will be after I complete the month of August so on the first day of September in game. By then I should have some new champions but I didn't want to change any titles in the first four monthes because I thought it was too early except for the Canadian Title Change I wanted to do but changed my mind about that I noted earlier.

Archived