Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

Click on the Characters section. It should be on the bottom information paragraph, just above the ratings (rumble, tech, performance, etc).

I might just be dumb, but I can't see the HOI information for every worker. I saw that Bryan Vessey was 19% of the way there, but when I went to check on Benny Benson I couldn't see any information on this.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on where you put the territory. Some areas have a dearth of talent available or qualified to be owners or bookers (or willing to take over a promotion of that size or product type). The promotion needs an owner first and foremost. Can't hire a booker without an owner. So that's your primary problem right now.

Where's the dev promotion based?

Great Lakes, US.

I might just be dumb, but I can't see the HOI information for every worker. I saw that Bryan Vessey was 19% of the way there, but when I went to check on Benny Benson I couldn't see any information on this.

I guess because most people have no or few points towards it, and those aren't displayed.

If you filter by respect (around B) you'll see a bunch who are in or a fair way there.

How long do you book the women in USPW? 6 minute matches and you get penalized for match length? 8 and 10 same thing?

I cant see womens matches being much longer, do they need to be like 4 minutes?

Perhaps check the "Expected Match Length" in your Product screen. I would assume it is based on that.

I recall Adam Ryland mentioning in another thread something along the lines of that it depends on the worker whether or not there'll be HOI information for them

there is also "singular chemistry" which contains things like workers who get nervous if used in the main event, workers who don't bring their "A" game unless it's being shown on TV \ PPV, workers who hate working tag matches, etc, etc, etc

So a worker penalised for motivation could always have a problem working against that opponent?

Hmm...

They have to be at least 1% of the way or else it won't mention anything.

I have to say, I'm liking the new match reports - especially about the crowd and in-ring action. One question though, I keep getting the 'penalised for holding back slightly' note even when I use all out. Is there anyway of stopping this or do they hold back on TV and not at events (haven't got that far yet)?

What does the computer generated characters appearing in 2026 mean? Are those just generated from the characters that have died/retired or are they new characters entirely?

Same as it's always been... no randomly generated guys will join the gameworld until after that date. The Cornellverse is always set by default to not generate new people, so only those that are set to appear in the database will show up until then. Also, generated workers will only appear after if you have set them to via the in game options, which will then allow regens to happen and dojos to spawn people.

The exception are the emergency announcers/refs/road agents that will be auto generated if a game area doesn't have enough to go around.

Quick question - what's the criteria/is there any way to determine which characters would be agreeable to a contract for limited appearances? When I play MAW I like to bring in a few indy names for the Rip Chord tournament for kind of an "us vs. them" effect, but all the guys I've offered contracts to aren't interested in just the one-shot.

Quick question - what's the criteria/is there any way to determine which characters would be agreeable to a contract for limited appearances? When I play MAW I like to bring in a few indy names for the Rip Chord tournament for kind of an "us vs. them" effect, but all the guys I've offered contracts to aren't interested in just the one-shot.

I don't think MAW is big enough for anyone worth bringing in to agree to. Might be Cult size or bigger or perhaps determined by a worker's personality. But generally speaking, outside of possibly Japan (freelancer), I think you need to be big enough for a worker to sign what amounts to a "tryout" contract.

You might wanna try talent trades for that.

Usually it is best to trade talent for the RCI.

I need some help understanding gimmicks. The current gimmick one of my wrestlers is using says that "he would have problems working this gimmick, as he does not have all the requirements necessary." What constitutes as a requirement? I see it has 92 Babyfaces, 89 Heels, 50 Risk, 14 Difficulty, and 15 Subtlety. The worker in question has a 62 in Babyface Performance and an 86 in Heel Performance. Are those numbers not high enough or what?

I need some help understanding gimmicks. The current gimmick one of my wrestlers is using says that "he would have problems working this gimmick, as he does not have all the requirements necessary." What constitutes as a requirement? I see it has 92 Babyfaces, 89 Heels, 50 Risk, 14 Difficulty, and 15 Subtlety. The worker in question has a 62 in Babyface Performance and an 86 in Heel Performance. Are those numbers not high enough or what?

The requirements are hidden (although can be seen via the editor). There's no need for them to be displayed, as there's simply no sense in the user going through a list matching them up when he can simply use the tick box provided in the filter to eliminate any gimmicks that don't match up.

Archived