Diary Preview Thread

Would there be any interest in a Championship Wrestling from Wigan dynasty?

The idea being Nigel Svensson opens the company to return wrestling to its "sports" roots...

Me too. Ill basically read any c-verse UK diary like a teenager discovering Anne Rice.

PS

It better have Danny Appleseed in it

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In yet another attempt at a C Verse dynasty it was either MOSC or a yet to appear company which ended up being CWW. MOSC seems to have more Storyline potential while CWW has an easier to write 100% match ratio company...

*EDIT who is Danny Appleseed?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! After I ask you a load of questions about the Mexican scene and then didn't even try and write one show I'm delighted to see this. Could be the one thing that grips me to Mexico. Can't wait!

Just noticed the question mark, this better happen and it better be "coming soon" :p

LA LUCHA LIBRE MÁS EXCITANTE EN EL MUNDO!!!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/SOTBPW/SOTBPWComingSoon.jpg

COMING SOON?

Ooh i hope so .. Been wanting a good Mexican dynasty for sooo long. SoTB done by jhd1 will be fun!

A Mexican diary is sorely needed around here. I can't wait!

I toyed around with the idea of one, thanks to the influence of my AAA video game. But I could never get the story going, never knew how I would tackle the obvious language difference...

Come on, jhd! Make this happen!!!

Time to Make an Impact (C-verse)

January Week 1 2010

Hello everyone this is Chris York from Insider Wrestling. As many wrestling fans know, the wrestling business is a rough business not only for the wrestlers in the ring but the owners outside of the ring. One bad contract, one storyline gone wrong can spell doom for a company. As 2010 begins I sit here with a man who wants to take on that challenge, Charles Johnson.

Chris: The best place to start is at the beginning, so please tell the wrestling fans a little about yourself.

Charles: Well Chris, I guess you can call me your typical wrestling fan with a dream. I have always been a fan of wrestling and dreamed about being in the business.

Chris: Most wrestling fans want to become wrestlers though, what made you decide to try and run a company?

Charles: As a kid I was one of those fans to, but as I grew up I realized that I liked writing stories. With my friends I was the one always trying to figure out what was going to happen next. While I have tremendous respect for those in the ring, the physical aspect is not for me.

Chris: Why should wrestling fans tune into Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, have I got that right?

Charles: North American wrestling tends to be about low brow, stupid stories that reads as if a five year old wrote them. In wrestling today looks and comedy are valued over actual in ring work. TNA will look to bring the “wrestling fan” back to the business.

Chris: Any clues as to when your first show will be?

Charles: We hope to have our first show Genesis on Sunday Week 3, 2010.

Chris: Well, thank you Charles and good luck with Total Nonstop Action.

Things to know

Don't get too excited, Total Nonstop Action is in name only (ppvs, belts, name etc...) It has nothing to do with the real world TNA.

I don't own 2010, but this is a scenario that was bugging me to put up here:

Basically it's 2011, with Sam Strong retired from wrestling/dead. The company is in the hands of Alicia Strong & Nicky Champion in a real backstage couple similar to the HHH and Stephanie McMahon, with Peter Valentine holding some minority stock and is basically the elder statesman of this backstage clique.

Basically this would be more focused around Champion's character and his relations with Alicia as well as him becoming the face of USPW and determining what the company stands for and who it includes.

I don't own 2010, but this is a scenario that was bugging me to put up here:

Basically it's 2011, with Sam Strong retired from wrestling/dead. The company is in the hands of Alicia Strong & Nicky Champion in a real backstage couple similar to the HHH and Stephanie McMahon, with Peter Valentine holding some minority stock and is basically the elder statesman of this backstage clique.

Basically this would be more focused around Champion's character and his relations with Alicia as well as him becoming the face of USPW and determining what the company stands for and who it includes.

Man, just go ahead and write this one. I'll run the shows for you on 2010 if you'll write it.

That way I can pick at it like you do with my CZCW!

But seriously, awesome idea. USPW is always a tempting promotion to write for...that would be a great story. I'd find some way to pull the trigger and write it, if you ever got the chance.

Snippets from "USPro: The Other Strong"

In his young career, no one can deny that Erik Strong has made an impact on the wrestling world, first in Rip Chord's Mid Atlantic Wrestling where he was a two-time Mid Atlantic Champion, and now in Dan Stone's North of the Border Professional Wrestling. But what was it that brought Rip Chord to take a chance on "The Shooting Star" and bring him in to his training promotion after his debut in late 2003? Some insiders are now saying it was the recommendation of then TCW wrestler and current USPW owner Sam Strong. Few people have ever put the connection together between the youngster's ring name and the legend's, but since arriving in NotBPW, Erik's use of the Strong Arm Tactic alongside some of Sam Strong's mannerisms have shown the similarities to the common wrestling fan. We here at Pro Wrestling Magazine caught up with Erik Strong for a brief interview.

PWM: Well let's start with the big one. Are you Sam Strong's illegitimate son?

PWM: And then came the trade.

Erik: Yeah, I was blown away when I heard that. Dan Stone called me into his office and said that Sam Strong called him and wanted to bring me in full-time. I'd signed a written deal with North of the Border, so I didn't get it until he brought up Darryl's name.

PWM: Darryl Devine?

Erik: Mr. Mighty Fine himself. So Dan Stone says he's wanted to get Darryl for a while and Sam getting him to put pen to paper really hurt that. Since Devine's been going in circles putting 90 year olds over down there, I bet he jumped at the idea to come up here and wrestle again.

PWM: So Sam acknowledged it?

Erik: In a way. Actually, he asked me how I'd like to try my hand at some booking. He and Shane Sneer walked me through how they put together a show and it seemed like a good time. I've had some input in a few of the shows in the past month. I really liked setting up the tag title guys, Des and Freddie, and then guys like Savage Fury and Danny and Mick.

PWM: Do you plan to do more booking?

Erik: Well I don't know what Sam's got in mind, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

Coming Soon

(The only thing I'm waiting on is the money to buy 2010. :o)

Man, just go ahead and write this one. I'll run the shows for you on 2010 if you'll write it.

That way I can pick at it like you do with my CZCW!

But seriously, awesome idea. USPW is always a tempting promotion to write for...that would be a great story. I'd find some way to pull the trigger and write it, if you ever got the chance.

The thing about USPW is that it's basically at a crossroads at this point in time. TCW's got money troubles, Sam Strong's on the verge of retiring, a good few SWF guys would jump to USPW due to product issues...

It's like Hogan/WWF or nWo/WCW or SWF/70s. A defining moment for the wrestling scene in North America, I think.

As for the running/writing duo, I'd say you should concentrate on getting better first and then writing CZCW. USPW can wait. :p

Though now that I'm thinking about it, I could just as easily do it in 2010 and lay some background to excuse it so I can dive in it completely...

Let's Play NYCW: I'm halfway there (WHOOOOOOA LIVING ON A *shot*) on booking the show, I know, but I really don't want to type pedantically right now. But it sure as hell isn't dropped.

ELITE: Also not dropped; this is more due to figuring out the show format and what I want to book.

"Brilliance will always thrive, but to survive? You've got to be ****ing lucky" -Preston Holt

California, Cali, The Coastal Zone. Whatever you call it, the state is a hellmouth waiting to destroy whoever is naive enough to attempt to make their career there. Sports, Hollywood, Music or Wrestling, it's a serious undertaking. I knew what I was getting into.

Booze, Bitches, Bank and Blood.

This is the story of Ben Fowler.

Bastard Badger

ELITE Pro.

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy190/tomisland/ELITE/RandomMale32.jpg

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy190/tomisland/ELITE/ELITE.jpg

Not so much of a diary preview, although I am starting a diary soon, set from the night after Summerslam.

Thing is I won't be using TEW for this as I just want to write a diary and do the best one I can without having to spend time using the game and running shows in it. I don't have the game, not the new one anyway, but I have no intention of using it. I just want to do a WWE diary and make it as enjoyable as possible. With that said I just want to be sure that isn't actually an issue. I don't think it is and believe many others have done diaries without using the game.

I have a system to throw in random injuries and what not that I will have to deal with too so I won't escape those problems.

Not so much of a diary preview, although I am starting a diary soon, set from the night after Summerslam.

Thing is I won't be using TEW for this as I just want to write a diary and do the best one I can without having to spend time using the game and running shows in it. I don't have the game, not the new one anyway, but I have no intention of using it. I just want to do a WWE diary and make it as enjoyable as possible. With that said I just want to be sure that isn't actually an issue. I don't think it is and believe many others have done diaries without using the game.

I have a system to throw in random injuries and what not that I will have to deal with too so I won't escape those problems.

Besides Bigpapa who turned his game diary into a fantasy one, we usually put them in the special diary forum.

Tbh, I'd much rather it be in this forum as I imagine it will get a whole lot more people looking at it and if it were to get put in the special forum I probably would lose my drive to do it. Plus, there are diaries going on in the forum at the moment such as Boomking's 'Punk's Not Dead' for which he doesn't post grades for any segments or matches, so my diary would just be the same as that in that respect.

Anyway, it's a few months off yet.

Archived