DOTM: January nomination thread

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -October 1st- the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (SeanMcFly's "World Wrestling Entertainment :: The Big Time" )

8. You can NOT nominate Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"

9. You can NOT nominate Tristram's "Prequel to Death of WCW" or Olympia's "MIDSOUTH (The Watts Way)"

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)
  • 2nd* BoomKing's "WCW 1999: We Three Kings"
  • 2nd* DSE81's "The New NWA"
  • 2nd* Keefmoon's "World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal to Attitude"

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* James Casey's "MAW 10 Simple Rules"
  • 2nd* Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious"
  • 2nd* Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"
  • 2nd* Mistaken's "Money to Burn"

There is no rookie cat this month or next. As well this is the last '08 DOTM, I have run every one since the Jun kick off of TEW 08. Should we hold elections? or should TEW 10 see changes? I want to hear from you on what you all think.

Nominations will be open until January 31st (12 pm Eastern)

I shall second Marcel Fromage's XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious for C-Verse Diary

For Real World I shall nominate Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)

As well this is the last '08 DOTM, I have run every one since the Jun kick off of TEW 08. Should we hold elections? or should TEW 10 see changes? I want to hear from you on what you all think.

Well mistaken there is the old line, "If it aint broke don't fix it."

I think that you do a great job running this, but if you are no longer interested in doing it then I would say hold elections.

mistaken, if you're happy to keep going then I think you're doing a fine job - can't see any need for changes.

I'm gonna nominate Self's FCK diary as it continues to rock.

And because it's going to happen, and because I don't think '10 diaries are excluded, let's have infinitywpi's Welcome. You Know The Drill :)

I'm assuming that the three votes should read two votes, but if not then I can come up with a third vote as well.

Oh, and with regard to moving diaries to the '10 forum, does anyone know if we PM Adam directly?

mistaken, if you're happy to keep going then I think you're doing a fine job - can't see any need for changes.

I'm gonna nominate Self's FCK diary as it continues to rock.

And because it's going to happen, and because I don't think '10 diaries are excluded, let's have infinitywpi's Welcome. You Know The Drill :)

I'm assuming that the three votes should read two votes, but if not then I can come up with a third vote as well.

Oh, and with regard to moving diaries to the '10 forum, does anyone know if we PM Adam directly?

'10 diaries would be rookie (that's why there is no rookie) and just PM adam, and when he gets a chance he will move them up. :cool:

I'll update the top post after dinner.

Man, people really abandoned this forum fast, huh? No more love for the diaries that have been rocking and ruling for the past few years? A shiny new game comes out and suddenly we're not good enough? Just because we don't have 'dirt sheets' or 'comedy matches' or the ability to turn our letter-grades into numbers? We may not have fancy new features, but we have something better than that. Heart. Fortitude. Longevity. What happened to loyalty? What happened to...*transmission cut off because Self went into promo-mode and got... It was basically a Heel turn with catchphrases and swearing. I'm sorry. Please keep reading my show.*

Haven't read any diaries for a while, so no noms from me.

Man, people really abandoned this forum fast, huh? No more love for the diaries that have been rocking and ruling for the past few years? A shiny new game comes out and suddenly we're not good enough? Just because we don't have 'dirt sheets' or 'comedy matches' or the ability to turn our letter-grades into numbers? We may not have fancy new features, but we have something better than that. Heart. Fortitude. Longevity. What happened to loyalty? What happened to...*transmission cut off because Self went into promo-mode and got... It was basically a Heel turn with catchphrases and swearing. I'm sorry. Please keep reading my show.*

Haven't read any diaries for a while, so no noms from me.

I was wondering about this. My 5SSW only lasted two months because TEW2010 came out. So it's fairly easy to drop and start over with the new game. I can't imagine doing that with a diary I'd been writing for a year! Are people going to migrate their diaries over to 2010?

I was wondering about this. My 5SSW only lasted two months because TEW2010 came out. So it's fairly easy to drop and start over with the new game. I can't imagine doing that with a diary I'd been writing for a year! Are people going to migrate their diaries over to 2010?

I think for the older diaries that have been going a while, there are usually 2 options - a) think of a point to finish the current diary and head to it, or b) carry on with that game and migrate it over (usually re-creating it in the new version).

I know when a new model comes out, I prefer to finish up my old game - which I did in this case with XWA, although I had to rush it as I didn't expect TEW10 to come out quite so fast as it did. But equally some people will move their diary over and carry it on, like Phantom Stranger is.

But also, I think if you've had a diary game going for a year or so, the new game is quite a good thing. On the one hand, a long running diary can be hard to let go, but the new game gives you reason to try something different, which can often be a godsend! :)

we are uptodate and have plenty of people left to nominate

my thanks go to DSE81, I really think I have a shot this month, I rolled out TV, and proved that Whiskey Jack can still put out great matches.

if not many more noms come through, I will let those unseconded go through, just to make the voting interesting.

Archived