Checking on DOTT

And... there went any chance for a face turn from Dace this week. I'm surprised he didn't use the word "hypocrites." In fact, there was a surprising lack of three-syllable-plus words, considering heel promos as they are today. Sorry for defending a troll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we've learned:

1) An update is being worked on by very busy people.

2) There is no definitive date nor guarantee of an official D.O.T.T. release.

3) Please do not ask about any D.O.T.T. updates, because that will stir the pot and get grown men's panties in an uproar.

4) The only way we were able to get a public response about the STATUS of D.O.T.T. '10 besides a vague comment was for me to cut a promo.

4) D Boon stays above the fray, keeps his jolly humor, and has more class than the elitists that worship him.

In other words, back to square one. But at least I got the elitists to go on the record and officially say not for us to hold our breath.

Clarification to those who attacked me for speaking the truth:

- It is a waste of time for me and others to work on a D.O.T.T. update if D Boon and his minions are working on it.

- The fact that the delay for the Official Release is always caused by a handful of people (who complain about the workload) who keep in communication with The Ghost, whereas the masses are left in the dark is...elitist. You guys don't collaborate with the masses or farm work off.

- Hey shipshirt, I have completed a lot of work, genius. It's tough to do alone. I couldn't release it on my own, of course- that would be against the Mod Rules [and you are soooo idealistic to pull the "ask permission" clause, because D Boon has been a hermit when it comes to D.O.T.T.]. Check out some of the older posts by D Boon while the community was scrambling to update DOTT on its own last year: he almost smirks at the struggling ants trying to build a Tower of Babel. Check out DJFunkChris or whatever his name is acting so HARD to please the All-Knowing and Wonderful Oz. Also, it's total B.S. that you elitists didn't pitch in to release the official version of the DB last year.

Sorry if my tone is abrasive; it's just that:

1. The truth hurts for you guys and I'm calling you out in front of everyone, and I didn't curse you or make personal attacks
  2. D.O.T.T. is the best mod of all time
  3. I want it
  4. The only way for you elitists to respond was for me to cut a promo. For this, I was proven to be correct.

Nothing to see here, move along folks. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming (which is crap, by the way).

Word of the Day

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)

n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, financial resources, or forum post count.

a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class of modders.

b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class that holds the Official D.O.T.T. Release Stamp.

What about me? What about Raven?

So we've learned:

1) An update is being worked on by very busy people.

2) There is no definitive date nor guarantee of an official D.O.T.T. release.

3) Please do not ask about any D.O.T.T. updates, because that will stir the pot and get grown men's panties in an uproar.

4) The only way we were able to get a public response about the STATUS of D.O.T.T. '10 besides a vague comment was for me to cut a promo.

4) D Boon stays above the fray, keeps his jolly humor, and has more class than the elitists that worship him.

In other words, back to square one. But at least I got the elitists to go on the record and officially say not for us to hold our breath.

Clarification to those who attacked me for speaking the truth:

- It is a waste of time for me and others to work on a D.O.T.T. update if D Boon and his minions are working on it.

- The fact that the delay for the Official Release is always caused by a handful of people (who complain about the workload) who keep in communication with The Ghost, whereas the masses are left in the dark is...elitist. You guys don't collaborate with the masses or farm work off.

- Hey shipshirt, I have completed a lot of work, genius. It's tough to do alone. I couldn't release it on my own, of course- that would be against the Mod Rules [and you are soooo idealistic to pull the "ask permission" clause, because D Boon has been a hermit when it comes to D.O.T.T.]. Check out some of the older posts by D Boon while the community was scrambling to update DOTT on its own last year: he almost smirks at the struggling ants trying to build a Tower of Babel. Check out DJFunkChris or whatever his name is acting so HARD to please the All-Knowing and Wonderful Oz. Also, it's total B.S. that you elitists didn't pitch in to release the official version of the DB last year.

Sorry if my tone is abrasive; it's just that:

1. The truth hurts for you guys and I'm calling you out in front of everyone, and I didn't curse you or make personal attacks
  2. D.O.T.T. is the best mod of all time
  3. I want it
  4. The only way for you elitists to respond was for me to cut a promo. For this, I was proven to be correct.

Nothing to see here, move along folks. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming (which is crap, by the way).

Word of the Day

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)

n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, financial resources, or forum post count.

a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class of modders.

b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class that holds the Official D.O.T.T. Release Stamp.

Who hurt you, baby? You are projecting a lot of your own insecurities into this.

As I stated earlier, I gave DJ a database that I had worked on myself. Complete with edits to angles, storylines, new angles and storylines and tweaks to stats for wrestlers. The people involved with that reworking of it wanted to go in a direction I wasn't really interested in, bringing in a lot of future workers and complicating it. My passion for the mod lay in that I love the territory era, so that's where the stuff I worked on was. I wasn't interested in creating stuff for the future. So I gave them what I had and let them have at it.

What did you do to help?

You complain about "not farming work off" in the same thread you complain about "the previous group spinning their wheels". The reason the mod is so good is that it's Boon's vision for it. Same with C-Verse 75. They have their team working on it. I also love how you insult Boon and then kiss his ass in the same post! You are a troll par excellence!

If sticking up for someone who is a friend of mine is being a troll, so be it. Thank you for calling me a genius, though!

Check out some of the older posts by D Boon while the community was scrambling to update DOTT on its own last year: he almost smirks at the struggling ants trying to build a Tower of Babel. Check out DJFunkChris or whatever his name is acting so HARD to please the All-Knowing and Wonderful Oz. Also, it's total B.S. that you elitists didn't pitch in to release the official version of the DB last year.

Yup, total B.S. that they didn't give up their time to make something for other people, many of whom appear rather ungrateful - to say the least - for their previous offerings.

Just out of interest, have you considered just making your own mod? As much as I love DOTT, I can't see why the name is THAT important - you could always get a team together to make a mod set in the 80's.

TEAM E.L.I.T.E. is mighty defensive

Get busy on the MOD, shipshirt and Tom Arnold, instead of jousting with me. I'm anxious to play it.

I speak for the silent majority....for the lurkers...for the TEW fans that love D.O.T.T. and are frustrated that D Boon went into hiding because ungrateful wenches upset him...for the contributors who feel let down because the elitists won't share their toys.

And I'm called a troll.

D Boon, bring D.O.T.T. to TEW10 so you can bring happiness to at least 50 people. Yes, I am asking you to make a sacrifice.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

So let it be written, let it be done.

Nothing more to see here, just move right along folks....UNLESS....

TEAM E.L.I.T.E. wants to list the major changes that need to be done to get the DB updated, such as have you guys plan to change TV networks, PPV, promotion size, TV show time slots, and other game balance issues yet. Any issues with how gimmicks or storylines are handled with the new engine?

Fixing workers is one issue, game balance is another.

Obviously work also needs to be done on eras, and some quick dojo edits, but the only true question I have is about major edits to game balance.

I'm sure you will not answer me on the grounds of:

1) You're too busy

2) I need to test it myself

3) You haven't tested it yourself

4) The new D.O.T.T. is not just an update, but has actually been put to 1984, so the TV and timeslots are different anyway

5) You don't want to feed a troll.

Get busy on the MOD, shipshirt and Tom Arnold, instead of jousting with me. I'm anxious to play it.

I speak for the silent majority....for the lurkers...for the TEW fans that love D.O.T.T. and are frustrated that D Boon went into hiding because ungrateful wenches upset him...for the contributors who feel let down because the elitists won't share their toys.

And I'm called a troll.

D Boon, bring D.O.T.T. to TEW10 so you can bring happiness to at least 50 people. Yes, I am asking you to make a sacrifice.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

So let it be written, let it be done.

Nothing more to see here, just move right along folks....UNLESS....

TEAM E.L.I.T.E. wants to list the major changes that need to be done to get the DB updated, such as have you guys plan to change TV networks, PPV, promotion size, TV show time slots, and other game balance issues yet. Any issues with how gimmicks or storylines are handled with the new engine?

Fixing workers is one issue, game balance is another.

Obviously work also needs to be done on eras, and some quick dojo edits, but the only true question I have is about major edits to game balance.

I'm sure you will not answer me on the grounds of:

1) You're too busy

2) I need to test it myself

3) You haven't tested it yourself

4) The new D.O.T.T. is not just an update, but has actually been put to 1984, so the TV and timeslots are different anyway

5) You don't want to feed a troll.

Maybe, just maybe it's in your approach? Like if you just asked like a human being instead of starting this whole thing off snide, insulting and condescending, you'd get some answers. Why anyone would want to assist you on anything is beyond me, when you act like this. I'm sure you don't see it that way.

Case in point, the OP who started this thread asked a question like an adult would and he got an answer. I PMed with everything I knew about it, which honestly, isn't a ton.

Hi JADED,

I'm trying to update D.O.T.T., which is why I cut my promo.

I may or may not be an alter ego, so I can't say if I ever released a mod in the past.

Was working on a "fictional historical" one from scratch, but Tommy's War of the Immortals II is way too similar at this point, so I might as well and wait for Tommy's sequel.

At this point, I will be working on D.O.T.T. on my own and will be playing with myself once it's done. I hope I don't splatter myself in the eye.

Ciao

Who are Team E.L.I.T.E?

I'm sorry it's just that you seem to have pitted yourself against a group of people and given them a silly name. And the group of people you have pitted yourself against is the mod-makers.

Then you try and make yourself sound like a messiah, a voice of the "silent majority" and of the "lurkers". Yet the people here who once did share views similar to yours have now turned against you because you are a complete and utter Burk.

DOTT was a great mod. But by no means is it the be all and end all. Have you tried playing some of the others? The H-Verse is particularly good I've found compared to current standards.

I'm guessing you have bought TEW. If you have then obviously you'll be rallying Adam for a refund because the mod you wanted isn't coming when you want it.

Now please stop harassing people and trying to make it sound like you're the face of an underground rebellion with thousands of followers. You're just a whining baby who hasn't got his rattle.

As for myself, I have tried making mods, I was halfway through a GDS-Verse WS2 mod when I wiped my hard-drive by accident, I was devastated. I had actually kept tabs on how long I spent on that data, it was 112 hours, and that is still a trifle, I was just converting data, and I was only halfway.

The amount of interest for the mod I was making was little, I expect maybe 10 people would have downloaded it at the most, but I still put in the effort.

Yes, one of the reasons I was working on that data is because sebsplex gave me permission, but the data is the mod-makers intellectual property. Let me show you what that means, here is a quote from you:

Check out some of the older posts by D Boon while the community was scrambling to update DOTT on its own last year: he almost smirks at the struggling ants trying to build a Tower of Babel. Check out DJFunkChris or whatever his name is acting so HARD to please the All-Knowing and Wonderful Oz. Also, it's total B.S. that you elitists didn't pitch in to release the official version of the DB last year.

I am now going to use a thesaurus to replace some of the words, in effect I'm going to edit what you did and release it into the public domain without your permission.

Audit out some of the enfeebled posts by D Boon while the stomping ground was trekking to modernise DOTT on its own endwise year: he almost glows at the undertaking ants trying to habit an Obelisk of Babel. Check out DJFunkChris or whatever his denomination is acting so ADAMANTINE to please the omnipotent and startling Oz. Conjointly, it's undivided B.S. that you braggarts didn't erect in to release the canonical rendering of the DB endwise year.

Mine was actually more endearing and less insulting, so I think it should be made the canonical rendering. :p

Hi JADED,

I'm trying to update D.O.T.T., which is why I cut my promo.

I may or may not be an alter ego, so I can't say if I ever released a mod in the past.

Was working on a "fictional historical" one from scratch, but Tommy's War of the Immortals II is way too similar at this point, so I might as well and wait for Tommy's sequel.

At this point, I will be working on D.O.T.T. on my own and will be playing with myself once it's done. I hope I don't splatter myself in the eye.

Ciao

The answer to your problems isnt to update the mod... It's to make your own. If you KNOW that you cant release a mod that's an update on someone elses work, and that angers you, then why not make your own mod. Start from scratch. This whole thread is sad. :(

As I stated earlier, I gave DJ a database that I had worked on myself. Complete with edits to angles, storylines, new angles and storylines and tweaks to stats for wrestlers. The people involved with that reworking of it wanted to go in a direction I wasn't really interested in, bringing in a lot of future workers and complicating it. My passion for the mod lay in that I love the territory era, so that's where the stuff I worked on was. I wasn't interested in creating stuff for the future. So I gave them what I had and let them have at it.

There was alot of work that was put into the mod from what you gave us. It was very good.

There was also another that gave me more updated stats and such, though he only communictated to me through PM. I tried to replace the worker file with the new worker file to eliminate some time, and it messed up all the gimmick files (Even with deleting and importing into the database). That was what really through me for a loop with it. They are still messed up in some ways, I can't remember if it's in the profiles or promotions, but one of them is still a bit messed up.

Just wanted to let you know that your communication was 100% helpfull, and totally unexpected. Bassically, I'm saying "Thankyou".

NOW:

Some explanations of events that had happened (in my life) with DOTT after D. Boon's Ghost gave me permission.

I had a hard drive failure, that I didn't anticipate which had me lose quite a bit of information. At the same time I have been litterally doing two different jobs (although at the same place and under the same management) which I had failed to get one I was hoping for, although it looks like I'm going to get one even better in a week or so. I only bring this up, because I was working six days a week and had no time to get my computer back up to par during this time period. It was quite a good while. At this point, I'm still working two different jobs, and I'm still trying to get a better job (within' the same company).

Besides losing the data, I haven't updated my subscription to Rapidshare.

As far as the statement about me needing D. Boon's approval SOOoooo Much, I had it from the beginning. I didn't get it (DOTT) to the place I wanted it to be, but I'm confident with a few of the people that were in the thread helping, we could have had I been able to keep up the "momentum". This was a failure on my part, that had nothing to do with D. Boon's Ghost giving his stamp of approval. As I said, I already had that. D. Boon's Ghost is not an elitist type of person, nor does he/would he come to me and say "Chris, your work really sucked on DOTT, I'm ashamed of it." or anything like that, because that's just not the way he's built. There was no "stress" on my end with him. The MOD... DOTT, it's just about the most perfect mod I've ever played, in every year of TEW. The only one even close is the default (Dereks and Mr. T's historical based ones as well), which I do play now, because of that fact, and I'm not a C-Verse fan...

It was the Mod, and the legacy of the mod that made me appear hesitant. Myself and other's were doing alot of testing over and over and over and over, hoping to get better results by tweaking different area's of the database. It's not something you can just say "Ok, this is how it's going to be and that's it", without testing it out first. We weren't only in the thread, we were communicating through PM's and such as well. Trying different things till we were able to get the gameworld to re-act in a believable way.

Alot of that was what the hold-ups were about. You can simulate a month, but you learn litterally nothing. Simulating a couple of years tells the story a bit better, but one simulation going correctly doesn't mean it's going to be like that everytime. So you test and test, till it happens more times then not.

Then you come back and discuss other problems, or what has been done to eliminate a problem. That's the only way I know to do these things, and so communicating every test and every little area that is changed is just throwing a bunch of non-important stuff into the thread.

DOTT has proven to be one of the best, if not the best community MOD for TEW over the years, and you have to respect that if your going to work on it. You have to try to stay as close to the original as possible, or you lose the balance the mod has, and overall gameworld.

I just can't believe people would say anything in a negative way about D. Boon's Ghost at all. He's always been one of the most cooperative and helpfull people I've known in this community. SHAME on anyone for being that way toward him. He's gave alot of us the dream mod, and in alot of ways Game, that we have always wanted.

By the way Mr. Rick Arnold, is that "other" game paper and pen related? I've been wondering if anything has gone farther with that one.

I am literally in tears from laughing so hard right now.

This was the first I knew this forum was so "clicky." Keep up the great work fellas I think the majority will be able to wait for when its ready to be released.

And DJ you did a great job with the mod last year. In my opinion you took the perfect approach in dealing in the leadership role. You made it a democracy when many others would have gotten power hungry and tried to dictate the mod until it wasnt anything like Boon & others had worked on.

Please get to know the community better before making outrageous statements Dace. You cant speak for the minority when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nothing more to be said here; we can agree to disagree. You can say I played loose with the facts, my perceptions are wrong, that I plagiarized a thesaurus, and that my tone sucks.

That's fine.

You think I care what you people say or think about me? My overness was F and my momentum was F going into this thread.

I'm just trying to get us D.O.T.T. this year since being polite didn't do jack last year, as D Boon and TEAM E.L.I.T.E. didn't release an official version.

All you guys can thank me later after we get the [RELEASE: Death of the Territories] thread. It will be released because I cut a promo.

Nothing to see here, just move along folks. Stay on the sidewalk, please. Thank you.

Anything else to be said is simply +1, +2, etc.

God bless D Boon's Ghost.

It's called motivation and leadership.

It's getting TEAM E.L.I.T.E. to commit to the project publicly.

It works in IT and programming all the time.

Programmers and scripters don't want to be held accountable with due dates.

Thanks to me cutting a promo, they went on record, instead of ignoring the almost daily inquiries about D.O.T.T. dating back to last year.

Again, you can thank me at release date. I'll be there.

You can continue to waste space by typing on your keyboards, but this thread should be locked pretty soon, since the storyline can't advance anymore.

It's called motivation and leadership.

It's getting TEAM E.L.I.T.E. to commit to the project publicly.

It works in IT and programming all the time.

Programmers and scripters don't want to be held accountable with due dates.

Thanks to me cutting a promo, they went on record, instead of ignoring the almost daily inquiries about D.O.T.T. dating back to last year.

Again, you can thank me at release date. I'll be there.

You can continue to waste space by typing on your keyboards, but this thread should be locked pretty soon, since the storyline can't advance anymore.

Either you have a warped view of reality, or you are BSS and writing this from within TEW. I hope the latter, because at least he has charisma.

Archived