Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

Haven't you heard? Neither did anyone else. Or are you not familiar with Kurt's story? Nobody else thought Kurt was that kinda QB either. People don't generally let their franchise QBs play in the Arena League, after all (or bag groceries for a living).

I'd take the skillset of an Arena QB in an offense that has to pass the ball around 80 times a game in tight spaces over what Tebow did in college any day of the week.

He's a great guy and an amazing competitor.

If he doesn't become a much sharper, much more accurate passer very quickly he'll be out of the NFL within 6 years.

And that will be up to Josh.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had basically accepted the fact we would get Taylor Mays a few days ago and I was fine with that. A lot of people had been saying it, but maybe he had some other issues we didn't know about since a few teams with safety needs passed on him and he's still on the board.

Mays is awful in coverage. Awful. He just runs around trying to hit the **** out of people. Not agreat fit in a league that as pass happy as the NFL today.

And I suppose it's your assertion that a player who hadn't played the position since HIGH SCHOOL was ready to start in the NFL?

Tebow wasn't drafted to start now (we're not the Rams). He was drafted to start 1-3 years down the line. So you might wanna call Scott Pioli and tell him that 1-3 years on the bench learning isn't long enough to make a player ready to be an NFL caliber passer. Oh wait....

Not really sold on Cassell yet tbh. And being a first round pick means Tim is going to feel pressure to start sooner rather than later.

If management can resist that temptation..maybe...

And I suppose it's your assertion that a player who hadn't played the position since HIGH SCHOOL was ready to start in the NFL

Cassel had a QB rating of 69.9 last year not exactly "franchise QB" material. In NE his rating was 89.4. In 09 his INT rate was 1 INT every 30 attempts the year before it was 46.4 attempts every INT. Not too mention his cmp percentage dropped by ten percentage points.

Cassel was a system guy and the Chiefs will be drafting a QB in a few years as well.

As far as Warner goes he was in Arena football all they DO is PASS the ball. So yes a guy that does nothing but throw the ball in a semi pro atmosphere I'd say is more proen to becoming a QB than Tebow. Time will tell if tell if Tim can throw and Josh can scheme.

It's not the scouting structure. He just doesn't throw like an NFL QB. I honestly just don't believe that he'll ever be anything more than a below average passer, and for all the VY comparisons...Vince was a much better athlete and scrambler.

Titans fan here. Titans have such an awesome offense live, along with a 2,000 year back (:D), and the past few first round picks have been good. CJ and Kenny Britt the past two years. I think Vince will do better with the starting role this time around. He literally turned the team around last year when Kerry Collins and our defense couldn't figure out how to play football for the first six games. I dislike the Patriots with a passion (odd with me being from Maine) and that 59-0 beating was a day I'll never forget. :mad:

For anyone who doubts his skills, check out the amazing 99-yard drive against Arizona for the win last season in 2:37.

Figging Vikings gave up a 1st round draft to lions. and should have had that runner from Cali but now hes off to the lions.

Well they better draft a QB (doubt they will) and a running back in 2ed round.

Course we also need a new center and right guard.Thats 1 reason our run game sucked last season.

I was hoping the Pats would be able to grab Jermaine Gresham or Dez Bryant, but the defensive needs are pretty pressing as well, so I'm content with last night's action.

And about Tebow, I'll say this...if he's as hard a worker in the pros as people said he was in college, he should be okay. I don't think he'll be the dominant force he was, but I think he'll turn out to be a good pro.

Cassel had a QB rating of 69.9 last year not exactly "franchise QB" material. In NE his rating was 89.4. In 09 his INT rate was 1 INT every 30 attempts the year before it was 46.4 attempts every INT. Not too mention his cmp percentage dropped by ten percentage points.

Cassel was a system guy and the Chiefs will be drafting a QB in a few years as well.

As far as Warner goes he was in Arena football all they DO is PASS the ball. So yes a guy that does nothing but throw the ball in a semi pro atmosphere I'd say is more proen to becoming a QB than Tebow. Time will tell if tell if Tim can throw and Josh can scheme.

So WRs from the Arena League should be awesome, right?

Figging Vikings gave up a 1st round draft to lions. and should have had that runner from Cali but now hes off to the lions.

Well they better draft a QB (doubt they will) and a running back in 2ed round.

Course we also need a new center and right guard.Thats 1 reason our run game sucked last season.

Why do we need a new rb? Adrian is more then good enough, yea losing Chester to the bears sucks but we dont need Jahvid Best to take up Chester Taylors spot. And the lions still wont be good enough even with Best, yea he is fast, but he is coming off a HUGE concussion, and has always been injury prone (missed multiple games every season he played at Cal) The lions still have NO offensive line and he Best wont help them THAT much. And we have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round now and an extra 4th rounder from trading that spot to the lions so im really hopping we take McCoy now and than a guard or center to help out A.P.

All Tebow's done is won championships (and a Heisman) in the most competitive conference in all of college football. I'm not too concerned, honestly.

Your forgetting that the Florida team also had one of the best defenses in college football history, and besides Tebow also had a very, very good offense. Im not knocking Tebow, the guy was one of the best NCAA QB's of all time, im very concerned on how he translates to the NFL. He is not an accurate passer, and the strength advantage he held over defensive players is gone now becuase he is in the big leauges now. Like Stenn said, I hope the guy has a great carrer and that all of his doubters (me being one) can look back and realize how wrong we were, but I dont think that will be the case, I think we will look back and realize its a waste of a first round pick as far as talent goes. I mean props to McDaniels for completly revamping that Broncos team and brining some guys with great character, but Denver already has 2 QB's and an offense that does not run anything close to what Urban's gators ran.

And I agree with you, but just pointing out how ridiculous it is for one unproven QB to be bashed when another unproven QB is being given the benefit of the doubt. Then again, Derek Anderson did OK with the Browns.

What's funny is that most opinions on Tebow won't change. If he does well, the haters will say "It's the system that McDaniels runs" and if he doesn't, the fans will probably say the same things. Fat chance on anyone switching their opinions due to the result.

As for today, I'm hearing Taylor Mays to the Eagles in the 2nd round? Thoughts on that happening?

Derek Anderson did well for a moment with the Browns he remembered they were the Browns and he was Derek Anderson.

Isn't that why Russell went number one? He had intangibles, he was a winner a leader? People RAVED about his LSU championship win and how that just rocketed him up the ladder.

I don't really care for this primetime, one round at a time crud. I'd rather just get it out of the way.

Why do we need a new rb? Adrian is more then good enough, yea losing Chester to the bears sucks but we dont need Jahvid Best to take up Chester Taylors spot. And the lions still wont be good enough even with Best, yea he is fast, but he is coming off a HUGE concussion, and has always been injury prone (missed multiple games every season he played at Cal) The lions still have NO offensive line and he Best wont help them THAT much. And we have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round now and an extra 4th rounder from trading that spot to the lions so im really hopping we take McCoy now and than a guard or center to help out A.P.

Im hoping for McCoy also,but i doubt the vikings will take him.I think they are hoping to much that Farve comes back and dont want to do anything to push him away. Drafting another QB just might do that but in truth Vikings need one for the future.

Im hoping for McCoy also,but i doubt the vikings will take him.I think they are hoping to much that Farve comes back and dont want to do anything to push him away. Drafting another QB just might do that but in truth Vikings need one for the future.

Exactly, we can not count on T.Jack to win the division for us if Brett decides not to come back. If he does come back thaen atleast this year we still look good, but once he is gone for good things get pretty bleak, we are left with T.Jack at QB or a rookie with zero experinence, im really hoping Childress has talked to Brett and told him they are looking at a QB but only as a complete back-up. All McCoy or Clausen need to do if we draft them and we get Brett back is sit and watch Brett do his thing and once Brett reties for good than we play them. Seems simple to me, but knowing Brett anything can happen

Sorry for the double post but YES! Clausen to the Panthers! Absolutely amazing!

Perhaps, but Rich Eisen brought up a good point. Where does Clausen fit in when/if John Fox gets fired? If he doesn't beat out Matt Moore (and the odds are against him doing that given the gap in practical, real NFL experience), he probably won't play due to the lame duck coach playing CYA.

New England is hittin' home runs though. Brady's got a VERY good target now.

Perhaps, but Rich Eisen brought up a good point. Where does Clausen fit in when/if John Fox gets fired? If he doesn't beat out Matt Moore (and the odds are against him doing that given the gap in practical, real NFL experience), he probably won't play due to the lame duck coach playing CYA.

New England is hittin' home runs though. Brady's got a VERY good target now.

Jimmy Clausen has been touted to be the most NFL-ready QB in the draft. Pair that with the fact that John Fox is close friends with Charlie Weis and I see him having inside information on Clausen. Now, it is a possibility for Fox to lose his job after this season. That would mean that Clausen is the brand new QB for Bill Cowher. ;)

Isn't that why Russell went number one? He had intangibles, he was a winner a leader? People RAVED about his LSU championship win and how that just rocketed him up the ladder.

Actually, Russell's big thing was his physical stats. He was a "specimen" with a "rocket arm". Your memory is faulty.

I like Toby to the Vikings. He'd probably add 3 years to Adrian's career, just punishing the hell out of people.

Jimmy Clausen has been touted to be the most NFL-ready QB in the draft. Pair that with the fact that John Fox is close friends with Charlie Weis and I see him having inside information on Clausen. Now, it is a possibility for Fox to lose his job after this season. That would mean that Clausen is the brand new QB for Bill Cowher. ;)

I think it's quite the indictment when The Big Show's team (who needs a quarterback like the wizard needs food: badly) passes you over twice. He's NFL ready but everywhere you look, the same thing is said: he has questionable intangibles.

But he's going to an awesome team since even when he plays, he's not gonna have to do much. Hand off to DeAngelo. Hand off to Jonathan. Play-action pass to Smith.

I think it's quite the indictment when The Big Show's team (who needs a quarterback like the wizard needs food: badly) passes you over twice. He's NFL ready but everywhere you look, the same thing is said: he has questionable intangibles.

But he's going to an awesome team since even when he plays, he's not gonna have to do much. Hand off to DeAngelo. Hand off to Jonathan. Play-action pass to Smith.

Now, we just need to get a Wide Receiver to complement Smitty. I don't see a Golden Tate dropping to us. Maybe a Mardy Gilyard or a Jacoby Ford?