Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comradebot how many Warren Moon throwbacks do you own? Zero is not an acceptable answer.

Nope, I don't actually. I currently have a Doug Flutie throwback from the New Jersey Generals, a Cardinals Kurt Warner jersey (I <3 Warner, not so much the Cardinals), and an autographed Rams Ricky Proehl jersey on my wall at home. I had a Marc Bulger jersey (needed a new Rams jersey after Proehl's got autographed), but it got stolen in a burglarly. If I get a new jersey anytime soon... probably James Lauriniatis. Hands down my favorite player on the Rams right now, and not sure who I would get for a Texans jersey. GM already has an Andre Johnson one, and I don't want to match. Maybe DeMeco Ryans or Mario Williams.

I wouldn't mind an Moon throwback, but I'd also like a Ray Childress, Lorenzo White, Cris Dishman, or Ernest Givins throwback (or Al Del Greco, just for the laughs).

That said, his domestic issues aside... Warren Moon was a hell of a quarterback. The Run N' Shoot was the prelude to the Greatest Show on Turf, and it was really awesome to watch the Oilers offense come out to "Bad Moon Rising" and then sling the ball all over the field. Good times, good times...

Nope, I don't actually. I currently have a Doug Flutie throwback from the New Jersey Generals, a Cardinals Kurt Warner jersey (I <3 Warner, not so much the Cardinals), and an autographed Rams Ricky Proehl jersey on my wall at home. I had a Marc Bulger jersey (needed a new Rams jersey after Proehl's got autographed), but it got stolen in a burglarly. If I get a new jersey anytime soon... probably James Lauriniatis. Hands down my favorite player on the Rams right now, and not sure who I would get for a Texans jersey. GM already has an Andre Johnson one, and I don't want to match. Maybe DeMeco Ryans or Mario Williams.

I wouldn't mind an Moon throwback, but I'd also like a Ray Childress, Lorenzo White, Cris Dishman, or Ernest Givins throwback (or Al Del Greco, just for the laughs).

That said, his domestic issues aside... Warren Moon was a hell of a quarterback. The Run N' Shoot was the prelude to the Greatest Show on Turf, and it was really awesome to watch the Oilers offense come out to "Bad Moon Rising" and then sling the ball all over the field. Good times, good times...

Ok, this post and your explanation of why you hate Bud Adams (aside from his flipping off the Bills, which I count as a positive) clears the air. I saw the backlash against Modell and LeBron for screwing over Cleveland, so I know where you're coming from.

Since the Run N' Shoot and Warren Moon's godlike passing abilities (both in RL and Tecmo Super Bowl) are what made me an Oilers/Titans fan in the first place I never really cared where they played... I did start to cheer all the other Houston teams in the process though, so people tend to think I'm from Texas.

Lets play a little game real or fake name a team and we discus if they are a real possabilty for a playoff run or fake no playoffs or lose in the wild card I'll start with Tampa Bay real or fake?

Fake, but getting there. Give them another year or so to develop that offensive line and their weopens and they should be able to make a decent run in the playoffs.

Here's one i'm wondering about

Houston

Agree they just have hit a little ruff patch.

How about the Redskins

R-E-A-L. :)

As much as I like you moonikins, I gotta disagree.

The Redskins have some great talent, but it's alot of talent that has just recently come together (including their coach).

It takes more than one year for all of that to gel. I think Washington fans should be excited for their team, just temper some expectations. They're not gonna go from crap to super amazing in just one year, it's a process. It'll really help that Mike Shanahan is a hell of a coach, and he can most certainly mold the Skins into a good football team.

This year, I think they fall just short at 9-7 or 8-8. Next year, solid shot at winning the division or at least getting a wild card.

As much as I like you moonikins, I gotta disagree.

The Redskins have some great talent, but it's alot of talent that has just recently come together (including their coach).

It takes more than one year for all of that to gel. I think Washington fans should be excited for their team, just temper some expectations. They're not gonna go from crap to super amazing in just one year, it's a process. It'll really help that Mike Shanahan is a hell of a coach, and he can most certainly mold the Skins into a good football team.

This year, I think they fall just short at 9-7 or 8-8. Next year, solid shot at winning the division or at least getting a wild card.

I like you too C-bot. :) I agree with you too. I think they have potential. I'm not thrilled with McNabb as a QB either. I think in a few years they can be great, but for now I can be happy with good.

I like you too C-bot. :) I agree with you too. I think they have potential. I'm not thrilled with McNabb as a QB either. I think in a few years they can be great, but for now I can be happy with good.

Honestly, McNabb is a good QB. Is he Kurt Warner (my other hero, next to Ricky Proehl)? Hardly. But he's a smart, accurate passer who is capable of scrambling but only does so when it's typically the best decision. It could be worse. Jason Campbell could still be there, for instance.

Could've brought in JeMarcus Russell. Or Brady Quinn. The list of crappy QBs goes on.

Honestly, McNabb is a good QB. Is he Kurt Warner (my other hero, next to Ricky Proehl)? Hardly. But he's a smart, accurate passer who is capable of scrambling but only does so when it's typically the best decision. It could be worse. Jason Campbell could still be there, for instance.

Could've brought in JeMarcus Russell. Or Brady Quinn. The list of crappy QBs goes on.

Well it was rather fun watching them beat the Eagles. :p

I'm glad Campbell is gone. I'm not denying McNabbs skill, just don't care for him.

Well it was rather fun watching them beat the Eagles. :p

I'm glad Campbell is gone. I'm not denying McNabbs skill, just don't care for him.

I would love to have McNabb on the Vikings then we could develop a younger guy for a couple years. Though Childress would have to draft a young quarterback, which he has shown he has no interest in doing, as he is an idiot. I think he still thinks T-Jack is going to be a real quarterback.

I would love to have McNabb on the Vikings then we could develop a younger guy for a couple years. Though Childress would have to draft a young quarterback, which he has shown he has no interest in doing, as he is an idiot. I think he still thinks T-Jack is going to be a real quarterback.

The truest thing ever said about Brad Childress. I have absolutely no respect for him as a head coach. For the Vikings to be above average at best with so much talent so often... unacceptable.

Except as someone who enjoys seeing the Packers regularly best them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
The BROWNS BEAT DA SUPER BOWL CHAMPS AGAIN!!!

In my pay league for FFB I didn't think I stood a chance to win. I was down by 40pts with Eli and Knicks left.

We do a PPR league. 1 PPR+1 point per 25 yards.

1 pt per 25 passing yards.

Eli had me -4 when I came home. -2 per fumble/interception.

But I'm actually ahead now. I LOVE this. :p

But I feel bad Romo is down and out for 6 weeks. atleast. :(

In my pay league for FFB I didn't think I stood a chance to win. I was down by 40pts with Eli and Knicks left.

We do a PPR league. 1 PPR+1 point per 25 yards.

1 pt per 25 passing yards.

Eli had me -4 when I came home. -2 per fumble/interception.

But I'm actually ahead now. I LOVE this. :p

But I feel bad Romo is down and out for 6 weeks. atleast. :(

Stephen McGee. Cowboys might as well call this season a wash. See if you can't get Roy Williams a little more trade value and progress Bryant along. Figure out who you want on the O-Line and Running game and have a nice high draft pick and Bill Cowher come in.

P.S. I think Cowher will make Ware even better..... I know..... scary.

Hey, guess who owns Romo in one league?

ME!!!

:(

On the plus side, at least I have Kyle Orton on my bench. Hopefully the last couple of weeks turn out to be flukes and he starts lighting up the field again. Also, yay... I get to go pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick for his bye week. Starting Fitzpatrick is never a good sign for your fantasy team.

Hey, guess who owns Romo in one league?

ME!!!

:(

On the plus side, at least I have Kyle Orton on my bench. Hopefully the last couple of weeks turn out to be flukes and he starts lighting up the field again. Also, yay... I get to go pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick for his bye week. Starting Fitzpatrick is never a good sign for your fantasy team.

LOL, my sis in law has Romo. Her backup is Mark Sanchez, I offered her Eli. :D

Gator...you have like 7 QBs don't you?

And starting Ryan Fitzpatrick has been a pretty good idea recently.

Yup, Romo is already off the don't cut list on yahoo, so he's gone and Ryan Fitzpatrick is in.

Still, odds are I start Kyle Orton next week. SF is just awful, I see the Broncos beating them senseless.