Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

Well, we have one confirmed vacancy so far, still need to hear from a few others. I'll have another update over the weekend.

I'm looking at the weekend of August 29-30-31 for the draft - that should give folks plenty of time to do their research. Can folks start to let me know what times are good for them (or if it's easier, times not available)? I'll do my best to accommodate everyone, but that can be easier said than done.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have one confirmed vacancy so far, still need to hear from a few others. I'll have another update over the weekend.

I'm looking at the weekend of August 29-30-31 for the draft - that should give folks plenty of time to do their research. Can folks start to let me know what times are good for them (or if it's easier, times not available)? I'll do my best to accommodate everyone, but that can be easier said than done.

You didn't send the emails out yet, right?

I can probably do 7PM EST at the earliest on any day.

I will have a pre-draft order set up. I will be on Vacation during this time so I won't be able to have a guaranteed internet access for the draft.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys wanna rate teams here, but I just did my first draft of the year (10 teams w/IDPs, no PPR). I had the 9th pick and here's how it turned out:

QB - Tom Brady

RB1 - Zac Stacy

RB2 - Reggie Bush

RB3 - Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce

WR1 - Calvin Johnson

WR2 - Dez Bryant

WR3 - Michael Floyd

TE - Vernon Davis

D/ST - San Francisco

D - Paul Posluszny (JAX)

D - James Laurinaitis (STL)

DB - Johnathan Cyprien (JAX)

DB - DeAngelo Hall (WAS)

DL - Greg Hardy (CAR)

DL - Calais Campbell (ARI)

Bench:

RB4 - Bernard Pierce/Ray Rice

RB5 - James Starks

WR4 - James Jones

WR5 - Jarrett Boykin

WR6 - Malcom Floyd

WR7 - Steve Smith Sr.

You guys might not be too familiar with the IDPs as I don't think I know anyone else who actually plays with them, but what do you think? I think that my RBs could have turned out much worse since I didn't take one til round 3. And I was happy to get Brady in the 8th. I think it's a solid squad.

Not sure if you guys wanna rate teams here, but I just did my first draft of the year (10 teams w/IDPs, no PPR). I had the 9th pick and here's how it turned out:

QB - Tom Brady

RB1 - Zac Stacy

RB2 - Reggie Bush

RB3 - Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce

WR1 - Calvin Johnson

WR2 - Dez Bryant

WR3 - Michael Floyd

TE - Vernon Davis

D/ST - San Francisco

D - Paul Posluszny (JAX)

D - James Laurinaitis (STL)

DB - Johnathan Cyprien (JAX)

DB - DeAngelo Hall (WAS)

DL - Greg Hardy (CAR)

DL - Calais Campbell (ARI)

Bench:

RB4 - Bernard Pierce/Ray Rice

RB5 - James Starks

WR4 - James Jones

WR5 - Jarrett Boykin

WR6 - Malcom Floyd

WR7 - Steve Smith Sr.

You guys might not be too familiar with the IDPs as I don't think I know anyone else who actually plays with them, but what do you think? I think that my RBs could have turned out much worse since I didn't take one til round 3. And I was happy to get Brady in the 8th. I think it's a solid squad.

At this point Brady's barely a top 10 QB, unless the receiving corps is improved and stays way healthier; you'll need to plug in whoever's playing the Cowboys or Raiders or Jags whenever you can. Stacy's a good get for waiting on a running back, I think he could be big. I'm also a bit down on the 49ers defense. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I don't think they'll be quite as good as they've been the last couple years due to free agency and off the field stuff.

This could seriously be the year that one guy who just drafts all the Cowboys could win his league. I think they have the worst defense in the NFL by a wide margin (they were a bottom 5 unit before they lost Ware and Sean Lee from their pass rush), but their offense is so loaded every game could come down to the last possession.

So Bradford is down with a torn ACL for the second straight year. Its hard to believe he's been with the team for five seasons now and he's only played in just over 50% of our games. I remember hearing rumors that Holmgren who at the time was the Browns "President" was offering damn near their whole draft for Bradford basically. I never took the time to see how real the rumors where because I didn't care. I wanted Bradford badly I thought he was going to be an elite guy. Of course my judgment was askew since he was the QB of my favorite college team being drafted by my favorite pro team. I would think thats a fairly rare occurrence for most fans.

We followed up getting that QB by having him throw to Danario Alexander (who last I checked couldn't stay healthy) Marty Gilyard (is he even in the league anymore?), Brandon Gibson (who is a perfectly average receiver who is a spot starter for the Dolphins) Amendola (who can't stay healthy) and Laurent Robinson (is he still even in the league?)

It never got better for us from an offense standpoint. Injured or not we haven't drafted a single playmaking receiver since the days of the Greatest Show on Turf. I don't know if Bradford would have ever lived up to the hype but between not being healthy and having nobody to throw to when he was healthy its a bummer he never got a real shot to be a top level QB.

Has the keeper league invites been sent out yet? If so, I haven't received mine yet.

As a perennial league you don't have to be re-invited, so you should be able to go to the ESPN Fantasy Football main page and Wrath of Eisen should be available in your My Teams section. If you see a message like 'Your league manager must reactivate this league for the upcoming season' please let me know right away, because I have in fact reactivated the league and would need to figure out why you're seeing that message.

I've tenatively set the draft date for Friday 8/29 @9pm ET, and I'll send a league email for this as well. It would be a good idea for you to check on your team ahead of time so you can mark you keepers and protect them from the draft.

At this point Brady's barely a top 10 QB, unless the receiving corps is improved and stays way healthier; you'll need to plug in whoever's playing the Cowboys or Raiders or Jags whenever you can.

Well considering he's still a top 10 QB in a 10-team league (with another year of experience/rapport with these receivers, plus Gronk returning if that will even matter substantially), I'm not sure if I'm going to really need to plug and play. I didn't really lose on much by taking Brady in the 8th, I was going to wait even longer but I was horrified by the other guys that I would have been taking.

In further Rams news, I'm reading that they're interested in trading for Mark Sanchez? Seems interesting tbh.

I'm not a fan I think we need to stay the course with Hill unless Cousins becomes available and I doubt he will because 1. Who knows if RG3 will stay healthy and 2. I'm still not buying this guy is going to be relevant in the league at all so I'm sure they will hang onto him. Names I've heard here in town are Freeman, Sanchez, also I've heard a 6th round pick for Chase Daniel from KC former Mizzou QB and mentored under Breese for a few years.

As a perennial league you don't have to be re-invited, so you should be able to go to the ESPN Fantasy Football main page and Wrath of Eisen should be available in your My Teams section. If you see a message like 'Your league manager must reactivate this league for the upcoming season' please let me know right away, because I have in fact reactivated the league and would need to figure out why you're seeing that message.

I've tenatively set the draft date for Friday 8/29 @9pm ET, and I'll send a league email for this as well. It would be a good idea for you to check on your team ahead of time so you can mark you keepers and protect them from the draft.

Great!

I just realized I was using the wrong log-in. I'm set and ready to go. Also, Friday night looks good for me too (the draft).

So since the rosters don't reset until just before the draft does that mean that you can't do a pre draft ranking system until just before the draft? I'm not sure if I'll be home at the start of the draft and wanted to get things squared away before then. Also does anybody know if there is an app for espn fantasy football or a way to draft via app on your phone?

Attention all players:

We noticed in the minutes before the draft began that the draft order was not snaking, but instead going 1-12, 1-12, which isn't even an option in the draft settings.

I reset the draft (no picks were made). I am going to find someone on the ESPN site to complain to, hopefully get it sorted, then I will reschedule the draft for tomorrow (Saturday 8/30) at the same time (9pm ET).

Apologies to those who made the draft, I'll do the best I can to figure this out.

So since the rosters don't reset until just before the draft does that mean that you can't do a pre draft ranking system until just before the draft? I'm not sure if I'll be home at the start of the draft and wanted to get things squared away before then. Also does anybody know if there is an app for espn fantasy football or a way to draft via app on your phone?

Yeah, you can set predraft rankings up until the draft starts. Keepers lock about an hour before the draft but that isn't the same as the predraft rankings.

There is an ESPN app I believe but I haven't tried it.