The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="damonster" data-cite="damonster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26660" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Munoz vs. Sonnen for UFC on Fox 2? Does anyone believe this rumor, I don't but hope it's true.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really don't want to see this fight, Sonnen will most likely put a whooping on him unfortunately.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="damonster" data-cite="damonster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26660" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Munoz vs. Sonnen for UFC on Fox 2? Does anyone believe this rumor, I don't but hope it's true.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know for a fact that it's been offered and is still on the cards. </p><p> </p><p> The original plan for UFC on Fox was to have Rampage fight Shogun if A) Shogun beat Hendo and B) he didn't get smashed to bits in the process. Obviously neither of those things happened. </p><p> </p><p> Because of that, I'd say there's a pretty good chance of Munoz/Sonnen going down. </p><p> </p><p> In terms of the fight...I've really rated Munoz for a while, but after seeing how he struggled with the likes of Okami, I can see Sonnen giving him fits. I know its a sweeping generalisation, but if you're getting taken down by Chris Leben, a fight against Chael Sonnen probably isn't gonna go too well for you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26660" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know for a fact that it's been offered and is still on the cards. <p> </p><p> The original plan for UFC on Fox was to have Rampage fight Shogun if A) Shogun beat Hendo and B) he didn't get smashed to bits in the process. Obviously neither of those things happened. </p><p> </p><p> Because of that, I'd say there's a pretty good chance of Munoz/Sonnen going down. </p><p> </p><p> In terms of the fight...I've really rated Munoz for a while, but after seeing how he struggled with the likes of Okami, I can see Sonnen giving him fits. <strong>I know its a sweeping generalisation, but if you're getting taken down by Chris Leben, a fight against Chael Sonnen probably isn't gonna go too well for you.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly the reason why I don't really want to see this fight.</p><p> </p><p> I love watching Leben, but he is no wrestler. Had his cardio been up to scratch I think I may have favoured him to beat Munoz by TKO. Sonnen will likely pick Munoz up and drop him at will. Munoz may be able to stuff a couple of early shots but as the fight goes on he will tire and Sonnen will get through.</p>

<p>Chris Leben suspended for one-year for failing a drugs test. Given the drugs, Oyxcodone and Oxymorphonem, clear from the system rather quickly and he knew the date he would get tested, it suggests Leben has a serious problem. I think it's interesting that most of the UFC drug test failures in recent years have come when the UFC have to do the testing themselves.</p><p> </p><p>

For UK MMA fans, remember that the TUF 14 finale is live on FX,</p>

Anyone else pumped for a TUF finale for the first time in many a moon? Bermudez-Brandao and Dodson-Dillashaw are both actually good fights! And Bisping-Miller should be fun. As a Brit I know I'm supposed to love The Count and I sort of support him in a reluctant sort of way but he's not the ambassador for the sport the UK needs, all macho posturing and cocky BS. Dan Hardy was, with his educated nature and traditional martial arts background but then he discovered he's actually a bit naff at fighting. Anyways, bottom line is I find both Miller and Bisping irritating so I'm bound to win on Saturday, right?

Anyone else pumped for a TUF finale for the first time in many a moon? Bermudez-Brandao and Dodson-Dillashaw are both actually good fights! And Bisping-Miller should be fun. As a Brit I know I'm supposed to love The Count and I sort of support him in a reluctant sort of way but he's not the ambassador for the sport the UK needs, all macho posturing and cocky BS. Dan Hardy was, with his educated nature and traditional martial arts background but then he discovered he's actually a bit naff at fighting. Anyways, bottom line is I find both Miller and Bisping irritating so I'm bound to win on Saturday, right?

Yeah, Brandao won me over on the show. Crazy as a bag of spanners and a guy who swings for the fences from the get go: What's not to like? As for the fight, Bermudez' best chance is to drag it out. With that said, his striking defence is garbage, and he gives up submissions easily. Brandao is a legit BJJ blackbelt...I can see him rocking Bermudez, defending the desperation shot then taking his back for the RNC finish.

Dodson is a flyweight, pure and simple. He's a great fighter, but he could be just a bit too small for Dillashaw. With that said, he's an incredible athlete and his movement in the cage is exceptional. Plus, his low centre of gravity could actually work to his advantage when it comes to defending takedowns. I'm gonna go with Dodson sticking and moving his way to a decision victory.

As for the main event, I read this earlier on Yahoo, which totally sums up Mayhem for me...

For someone who runs his mouth constantly, his best win is over Robbie Lawler five years ago and he's best known for getting laid on by Jake Shields for 25 minutes. His entrances? They're just pale imitations of Genki Sudo.

Anything can happen in MMA...but I could never pick a guy like Miller over a guy like Bisping.

Yeah, Brandao won me over on the show. Crazy as a bag of spanners and a guy who swings for the fences from the get go: What's not to like? As for the fight, Bermudez' best chance is to drag it out. With that said, his striking defence is garbage, and he gives up submissions easily. Brandao is a legit BJJ blackbelt...I can see him rocking Bermudez, defending the desperation shot then taking his back for the RNC finish.

Dodson is a flyweight, pure and simple. He's a great fighter, but he could be just a bit too small for Dillashaw. With that said, he's an incredible athlete and his movement in the cage is exceptional. Plus, his low centre of gravity could actually work to his advantage when it comes to defending takedowns. I'm gonna go with Dodson sticking and moving his way to a decision victory.

As for the main event, I read this earlier on Yahoo, which totally sums up Mayhem for me...

Anything can happen in MMA...but I could never pick a guy like Miller over a guy like Bisping.

While I think Bisping will win by UD, I don't think he's a better fighter than Miller is. He's a bit better, but not by much. He's fight against higher-profile opponents, but has yet to obtain a win over a higher-profile opponent. His actual wins don't inspire any confidence. That being said, all his losses are from heavier-handed fighters, which seem to disrupt his rhthym. Miller's record inspires even less confidence, but his losses are against people that out-grappled him. I'm not exactly sure Bisping can do that, and even if he's able to, does he want that? Mayhem is just good enough on the ground to pull a late-round surprise, or an "Anderson Silva" special. Bisping has to out-point Miller, and he has to keep standing, and go for the takedown late in each round to synch it. I also think Bisping is not taking Mayhem as seriously as he should, even though he knows he should be. There's also the unpredictability factor of either or both guys fight emotionally, which put the whole fight out of whack.

Bisping by Decision... the rest, I'm not too sure on any guy.

Lay-offs have nothing to do with your cardio as long as you've trained and prepared properly.

Miller looked absolute garbage tonight. Getting ready for Cotto vs Margarito now...hopefully a fight where two people have come to throw down, rather than just one.

Are you kidding? First round mayhem made bisping his bitch. If miller had good cardio for this fight bisping would have gotten owned. Bisping is also a pussy, gets "poked in the eye" and turns around before the ref does anything, or how about trying to kick miller in the head when he was grounded. No wonder everyone outside of the UK hate him.

Lay-offs have nothing to do with your cardio as long as you've trained and prepared properly.

Miller looked absolute garbage tonight. Getting ready for Cotto vs Margarito now...hopefully a fight where two people have come to throw down, rather than just one.

That's a fair point, but the only other thing is "adrenaline dump", which seems possible, but I have some doubts about that.