Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars

Total Violence Connection (Eddie Peak & Genghis Rahn) vs The New Wave

TCW World Tag Team Championships Match

Benny Benson vs Sammy Bach

Joel Bryant vs Ricky Dale Johnson

Clark Alexander vs Sam Keith

The Machines vs Rocky Golden & Bryan Vessey - Draw

Joey Minnesota vs Rick Law

Funny, these two were my favorite back in 2004.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay I get to post mine before TK this time, which means he gets to steal them, like he usually does. :p

I don't really dislike Rahn as much as others do, and think he actually serves the purpose of adding "Hardcore wrestling" to the long list of styles that are present in TCW, a diversity that I think helps it shape it's image. That said, The New Wave are the stronger team, and while Peak/Rahn as Tag Champs actually does sound kinda cool, New Wave just seem like the safer pick. Also, it's just the second show, so I'm not really expecting a title change.

And all that aside, how could you bet against the GREATEST TAG TEAM IN THE WORLD TODAY?! (Who I am giving what I hope will be a very cool/edgy gmmick with my next show..which will indeed be posted, as soon as my damned computer starts working.)

Hmm. This match could go a ways in telling me how seriously you're taking Benson's push..I mean, Bach's one of the cornerstones of the company, in my opinion, (And really should've been in the Upper Midcard by the time 2010 came around. Had to have been booked very badly in the two-year span to stay right where he was, quite frankly.) but Benson is likely more popular than Bach is..still, Bach's one of my personal favs of the C-Verse, kinda hard to bet him against him. I'll say Bach edges out Benson, with the injuries sustained taking their toll and costing him.

If this grades out like how Bryant/Baine graded out for me, you'll be quite pleased and surprised with the result..out of all of the B+ matches I've ever booked, that may be the one that I was most pleased with. :p Anywho, Bryant should put up a decent fight, hang on with a few cheap tactics, but doesn't really put much doubt in fan's minds as to who will end up winning.

Ah, the match-up that, in the Total Control world, apparantly convinced Cornell that Alexander wasn't ready to rise..maybe he expected a little too much out of a lower carder. That aside, easiest match of the night to predict. Keith gets an easy win after losing out to Golden.

The Machines vs Rocky Golden & Bryan Vessey

This reminds me of the superface six mans that I book so often. :p Heels are just strong enough to make a good match-up, but the faces are just that step above them, and the conclusion is nearly foregone.

Not really a tough choice here - Law looks set to be the next challenger, so he picks up momentum. Although you did imply that the title scene may not be going where we think it is..eh, still going with Law.

And hey, I mentioned the title being in the semi-main in my predictions! I pointed it out as a reason why I didn't think the belt would change.. :p

Yay I get to post mine before TK this time, which means he gets to steal them, like he usually does. :p

I don't really dislike Rahn as much as others do, and think he actually serves the purpose of adding "Hardcore wrestling" to the long list of styles that are present in TCW, a diversity that I think helps it shape it's image. That said, The New Wave are the stronger team, and while Peak/Rahn as Tag Champs actually does sound kinda cool, New Wave just seem like the safer pick. Also, it's just the second show, so I'm not really expecting a title change.

And all that aside, how could you bet against the GREATEST TAG TEAM IN THE WORLD TODAY?! (Who I am giving what I hope will be a very cool/edgy gmmick with my next show..which will indeed be posted, as soon as my damned computer starts working.)

Hmm. This match could go a ways in telling me how seriously you're taking Benson's push..I mean, Bach's one of the cornerstones of the company, in my opinion, (And really should've been in the Upper Midcard by the time 2010 came around. Had to have been booked very badly in the two-year span to stay right where he was, quite frankly.) but Benson is likely more popular than Bach is..still, Bach's one of my personal favs of the C-Verse, kinda hard to bet him against him. I'll say Bach edges out Benson, with the injuries sustained taking their toll and costing him.

If this grades out like how Bryant/Baine graded out for me, you'll be quite pleased and surprised with the result..out of all of the B+ matches I've ever booked, that may be the one that I was most pleased with. :p Anywho, Bryant should put up a decent fight, hang on with a few cheap tactics, but doesn't really put much doubt in fan's minds as to who will end up winning.

Ah, the match-up that, in the Total Control world, apparantly convinced Cornell that Alexander wasn't ready to rise..maybe he expected a little too much out of a lower carder. That aside, easiest match of the night to predict. Keith gets an easy win after losing out to Golden.

This reminds me of the superface six mans that I book so often. :p Heels are just strong enough to make a good match-up, but the faces are just that step above them, and the conclusion is nearly foregone.

Not really a tough choice here - Law looks set to be the next challenger, so he picks up momentum. Although you did imply that the title scene may not be going where we think it is..eh, still going with Law.

And hey, I mentioned the title being in the semi-main in my predictions! I pointed it out as a reason why I didn't think the belt would change.. :p

Pains me to say it, but it's hard for me to not agree with the picks and the reasonings behind them.

Pains me to say it, but it's hard for me to not agree with the picks and the reasonings behind them.

The truth hurts, my friend. Truth hurts. :cool:

Weird though, how all the picks are on the right..

Hey BP, are you going to try to make the predictions harder then they were in Gen-S?

The truth hurts, my friend. Truth hurts. :cool:

Weird though, how all the picks are on the right..

Hey BP, are you going to try to make the predictions harder then they were in Gen-S?

When I list out the matches, I alternate between face and heel being first. So I'm not looking to create nor prevent any patterns...

I'm not making an overt effort towards making things more difficult to predict. But I imgine they will be, overall. My intent is to feature more competitive matches on TV. Its partly not having to worry about the repetitive booking penalty and partly just the way that I think TCW would approach things. There are going to be matches on the A show that are not expected to be competitive - not outright squash matches, but close enough - but they will be relatively rare. The obviously less competitive matches - main eventers against lower midcards, etc - will happen on the B show... which will not get full write-ups or predictions.

As for the comment about the Golden-Vessey vs Machines match, main event tags and six-man tags will likely be quite common. The reduction of penalties in those matches is one of my favorite aspects of 2010 thus far. Tag team wrestling will be a huge aspect of my TCW.

Couldn't decide whether to go for Benson winning and having some sort of post-match altercation with Tornado and whoever else, or whether they'd cost him the match so I went with the former. :)

Heh, pretty much agreed with TK and Zeel, but have to go with The Machines here. Tag team experience will be the deciding factor, in the event of an actual finish.

Just dropping in to say that the first show was brilliant. I really enjoyed the matches which were very well written as was the rest of the show. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tommy has in store for us after his stable disbanded.

The layout is also superb. Very easy on the eye which makes it all flow really well.

Looking forward to this!

Possible DQ finish, but the champs to retain for at least a little while longer.

Erm, not sure about this one. Benson could do with getting back some momentum after the last show.

It's RDJ!

Don't know Alexander, but I do know Keith wants a return to form after his defeat at the hands of Golden.

Vessey and Golden are two of your top men so I think they'll manage a win here.

Rick Law rocks. Need I say more?

Lots of predictions coming through again. Looks like the PPV was a complete anomaly in that regard. Thanks everyone!

I'm always a big fan of heels first, faces second... just me though...

That works. The main problem with that is when its a title match, I prefer to have the challenger first and the champion second. I started alternating beyond that just for color-coding (an easy an effective way to identify who is face and who is heel, without having to check the front page).

Just dropping in to say that the first show was brilliant. I really enjoyed the matches which were very well written as was the rest of the show. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tommy has in store for us after his stable disbanded.

The layout is also superb. Very easy on the eye which makes it all flow really well.

Thanks Totti. Glad you enjoyed that one. I was a pleasure to write - after some of the ideas have been brewing for close to a year, its almost a relief to have this thing up and running.

New Wave is the standard of tag teams. Plus, we all know it is too soon in the diary for a title change.

Interested in seeing your direction of Bach.

The swerve ending to the PPV which has granted RDJ some momentum so he gets the duke, IMO.

I see you pushing Clark (not to the moon, but least a high cloud or two) in the future or you wouldn't have him facing Kieth.

Toss up as we know what all four men are capable of. I don't think the world champ will lose this match.

Heel Rick Law = total supreme awesomeness, lol.

That works. The main problem with that is when its a title match, I prefer to have the challenger first and the champion second. I started alternating beyond that just for color-coding (an easy an effective way to identify who is face and who is heel, without having to check the front page).

/agree.

I'm sorry I didn't keep going. That's the way that we do it. Heel first then the face. If it's for a belt, challenger first, then the champion.

Total Violence Connection (Eddie Peak & Genghis Rahn) vs The New WaveTCW World Tag Team Championships Match

DQ Finish, this is going to set up a hardcore match at a future date I think. Its the only thing Rahn is good for;)

Hmmm...This should probably go later on the card you will get a great grade from this matchup... I like Bach too much.

No brainer

No Brainer

Clever move teaming Golden with Vessey to build up his performace skills a bit. This will be a great match as well. I am not sure what this is setting up going forward but its a nice match for ratings.

I like Law but I cant see you going with Law vs Golden any time soon therefore. Im taking Minnesota.

by DQ. I bet Peak & Rahn go over board and beat the tag champs to bloody pulp. Cause they can and also cause Peak will still be pissed about his loss.

I agree with these.

Don't see a title change yet, plus possible long term potential feud here.

Should be decisive

Vessey is the choice here and a good pairing with Golden

Going against the tide, most likely influenced by my full mark status of former NYCW Wrestlers.

Cannot get over on Benson for some reason, just annoys me. i usually let him go in my games.

Trevor

Glad to see that the show hasn't been posted yet as I still wanted to make picks but couldn't because my comp was being fixed anyways here they are.

Just a heads up that I have been working on the show over the past few days. Much like the PPV, I don't want to rush things. This show sets up quite a bit, as one might expect. So I'm taking my time a bit more. I would like to have it posted before Monday, but I could be looking at as a busy weekend, so it might not happen.

Archived