Workers that you just don't know what to do with them?

Just wondering whether or not anyone else has workers in their company who, despite the game telling you that they belong fairly high up the card, you simply have no idea for any storylines for them to work and they end up just beating workers lower on the card month after month?

Playing as MAW, I've got this problem with Findlay O'Farraday; I've got American Patriot, Mean Jean Cattley, The Succession, Citizen X, Ricky Douglas and some new workers that I brought in all in good storylines, which leaves O'Farraday - who should be working as an Upper Midcarder - with absolutely nothing to do but beat jobbers and occasionally lose to main eventers. Anyone got a similar issue?

The two that come to mind for me when I'm playing big time feds are Troy Tornado in TCW and Steve Frehley in the SWF. They always seem to get lost in my shuffle while I'm putting other feuds and stables together. In my training games, I usually don't have this trouble. By the time I start feeling stables are necessary, I'm enough into the flow to have a leader picked out and know what I want out of his minions if they aren't already on the roster.

ditto with troy tornado and fonzarelli.

I think part of the problem with tornado is he starts off fueding with benson, who is too annoying to feature prominantly as a major storyline imo. then there is troy's render, which is a bit 'expressionless'.

I ended the storyline, changed the render to one of the modified ones from the geniuses in the old '08 render thread (jacket and shiny glasses) and I flipped him to face. now he's back in the mix.

as for fonzarelli, he's resigned to the tags with someone I think, dont know who yet though...

one other worker I'm struggling with for some reason is Aaron Andrews, he looks too much like Travis Cool (not sure if he's still in '10) and its throwing me off...

Not everyone on the roster needs to be involved in a program at any one given time. So there's nothing wrong with letting some "float" for awhile. If the floating becomes permanent - as in, you can never find anything at all - then maybe its time to job them out and let their contract expire...

Danny Fonzarelli.

Hes not strong enough in the ring run a nice feud with and he falls behind a lot of other strong workers in entertainment skills. I keep thinking I should do something with him but I dont know what.

Yeah, not the most obviously useful worker on TCW's roster. There are ways to make use of him. If memory serves, he does quite well with a brute gimmick and has decent Menace. Switch him to a brute gimmick - there are alts out there that would work with it, or even just make him the Evil Dr. Love - and have him beat a few lower card guys in dominant fashion to shoot up in overness. Then job him out a bit. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Danny Fonzarelli.

Hes not strong enough in the ring run a nice feud with and he falls behind a lot of other strong workers in entertainment skills. I keep thinking I should do something with him but I dont know what.

Put him into a feud with somebody with high entertainment skills for a month or so and this should see him improve in that department.

Danny Fonzarelli.

I always turn him back into Jay Darkness. The Fonzarelli character just annoys me so much, Alt Egos for the win.

He can pull off some solid, albeit plain matches with main eventers, he's kind of my guy who plugs the gap between midcard and main event.

It's Champagne Lover for me. Don't get me wrong, I always hire him whether I'm big or small and he gets over really quick but for as over and perfect as he is I dont think I've ever given him a Main event title

There is nothing wrong with an ultra-talented jobber to the stars, if your promotion can afford that. Guys who do a great job of making lesser workers look great, and that kind of holds them back.

Just wondering whether or not anyone else has workers in their company who, despite the game telling you that they belong fairly high up the card, you simply have no idea for any storylines for them to work and they end up just beating workers lower on the card month after month?

Playing as MAW, I've got this problem with Findlay O'Farraday; I've got American Patriot, Mean Jean Cattley, The Succession, Citizen X, Ricky Douglas and some new workers that I brought in all in good storylines, which leaves O'Farraday - who should be working as an Upper Midcarder - with absolutely nothing to do but beat jobbers and occasionally lose to main eventers. Anyone got a similar issue?

I ransacked Farraday for momentum etc ... then fired him. I couldn't work out what else to do with him. :(

He has an odd collection of stats and seems quickly over taken by people like American Patriot/Elemental and there are some bigger menace types crawling around.

whats funny is that this is very realistic to real life. Some guys the fans are high on, but they just don't have the look (renders) or right skill set that a promotion is looking for, so they get lost in the shuffle and jobbed out the door.

One comment I see with requests that always irritates me is the "I want to push the guy but just can't take him seriously with that pic." Welcome to real life, can't give everyone face lifts, some people are just ugly and some people have a look you can't take seriously. That's life.

I always had problems with Danny Fonzarelli up until now, when I started the game I put him on vacation for three months (time to change his gimmick to monster and name to Jay Darkness.) The one that I really hate booking is Steve Freshley, just never got anything for the guy though I am very happy that he is an upper midcard in TEW 2010 now.

For me, as CGC, it's Dan DaLay. He's not a great worker, or good on the mic, and his not as good a killer heel as other people. Plus he's an ugly mutha effer.

Right there with you. He's fine whenever I feud him with a DeColt. Perfectly capable of pulling quality Main Events with them... It's just when he's not fighting DeColts that I struggle. Alex wants me to keep him at B momentum, so I do, but he's hardly setting the world on fire with interesting feuds.

I like his look though.

Danny Fonzarelli.

Well, here's the problem with Fonzarelli. The canon version of his repackage is missing a key element. Namely the girl who wedged him out The Dark Brotherhood. While Adam's tendency to leave stuff open-ended is generally good for the player, this is a case where it can hurt the character. I can see Jay having outgrown her by 2010. But she wasn't in TCW 08 either. Which means folks have to make up for themselves how Jay got here. And when they can't, it's not a surprise folks end up without an idea of how to use him.

Archived