Official MLB Discussion Thread

BHK1978

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O's starch-0...now B Roberts hit a 3 run hmmer!!

Woohoo go O's!!!!!

I really really like the O's this year. They have so much power and their pitching might be good. Buck is a great manager too. They are who I'm playing a season with in MLB The Show this year to see if I can catch the rest of the division.

On an unrelated note, this is the first year I ended up buying MLB.tv, and so far I am loving it. The PS3 app for it is really cool, for games I don't end up watching you can set what events you want to see, like homers, steals, runs or whatever you pick, then just go event by event through the game. And the computer version lets you plug in your fantasy team, so every time one of my players come up I get an alert and can switch over to see their at-bat.

I really really like the O's this year. They have so much power and their pitching might be good. Buck is a great manager too. They are who I'm playing a season with in MLB The Show this year to see if I can catch the rest of the division.

On an unrelated note, this is the first year I ended up buying MLB.tv, and so far I am loving it. The PS3 app for it is really cool, for games I don't end up watching you can set what events you want to see, like homers, steals, runs or whatever you pick, then just go event by event through the game. And the computer version lets you plug in your fantasy team, so every time one of my players come up I get an alert and can switch over to see their at-bat.

Yeah!!!!!

4~0...take that you stinking O's haters!!!!!!

Man I can't type. Thank god BHK didn't see that!

Boo Yankees!!

Yeah!!!!!

4~0...take that you stinking O's haters!!!!!!

Man I can't type. Thank god BHK didn't see that!

Boo Yankees!!

There is still a lot more baseball left. The Orioles will probably be right around .500 this season. Now that is just my opinion, who knows.

There is still a lot more baseball left. The Orioles will probably be right around .500 this season. Now that is just my opinion, who knows.

Idk, i think the O's have a better overall offense then the Yanks. They are a more balanced team with speed and should score a lot of runs. They also have a talented fielding team.

They one thing that to me will hold the O's back is the pitching staff. They had a great series against the Rays ( :( ) but how much can a pitching staff that didn't excite people last year really excite people for the long run this year.

I am somewhat rooting for the O's because it sucks to be in the toughest division in all of sports. I hope they have a good season and prove.... hey I don't need 200 million dollar payroll like the Rays have done 2 of the last 3 years.

Idk, i think the O's have a better overall offense then the Yanks. They are a more balanced team with speed and should score a lot of runs. They also have a talented fielding team.

They one thing that to me will hold the O's back is the pitching staff. They had a great series against the Rays ( :( ) but how much can a pitching staff that didn't excite people last year really excite people for the long run this year.

I am somewhat rooting for the O's because it sucks to be in the toughest division in all of sports. I hope they have a good season and prove.... hey I don't need 200 million dollar payroll like the Rays have done 2 of the last 3 years.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they have a better offense than the Yankees. Sure they have some pop in there, but I don't think they can match up with New York in terms of offense. They added Derrick Lee and Vladimir Guerrero, both these guys can still hit pretty well, but they are both getting up there in years and have seen their better offensive days go by.

They added Mark Reynolds too. The guy can hit the ball out of the park like very few, but if he doesn't hit a homer he's either striking out or just hitting a pop fly, he hit .198 last year and has led the league in strikeouts three years in a row.

I'm sure they'll have a strong offensive year and will be exciting, and like I said before I really like them, but I wouldn't put them up there with the big three just yet. I'd say they have a year like the Blue Jays had last year, they were fun and played good baseball, but were still on the outside looking in.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

I can't even reply to this.:D There is no way the Orioles are going to outscore the Yankees. The Yankees had the best offense last year, and this is pretty much the same team. Plus they play in a park were the balls leave the park at a rapid pace.

It is insane to think that the first four or five games of the season are going to be indicative of what will happen during the entire season. Look at the Red Sox right now, they have a really good team and yet they are 0-3. As much as it pains me to say this, I fully expect the Red Sox to win the division this year and maybe even the league.

Also, one only has to look back to the 1978 Yankees to see what I am saying is true. In July they were 14 1/2 games out of first place. And by season end they managed to force the Red Sox into a one game playoff.

So who cares how they were last year?

Are you saying they will stay the same or better than last year? That they can't get worse?

Injuries happen, players get older. Pfft

yankees will go down this year.

Very true injuries do happen but they have players that have been consistently good throughout their careers. So one can assume that they are going to continue to play at the level that they have in the past. And you are right they do have a lot of older players and with age does come a drop off in production (Unless you are Ted Williams, the baseball player and not the bum with the golden voice.). Therefore, it is a valid point to think with age their stats might drop off.

That being said I am pretty sure the Yankess will either win the division or at the very least finish in second place to the Red Sox. The Orioles will be nothing more than a .500 team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

I really thought Manny was going to have a hard time getting into the hall of fame before this but, after this I think he has no chance.

Also I was wondering about something that I wanted to see what some of you would comment on. A-Rod opted out of his contract the during the 4th game of the World Series and pretty much became bigger news at that point then the World Series. This upset a lot of people in the baseball community. Now a lot of people are outed it seems by baseball when they do something that pisses the game off or MLB wants to make itself look like they are doing everything they can to clean the game up. A-Rod opts out, upsets Bud and company so a year later they get their payback outing one of their key players as a payback method. A-Rod never got suspended and nothing happened outside of him looking dumb.

Now I know this seems far fetched but I wanted to see what some of you think about this theory.

So the O's are making me very happy. :p

My brother is a lucky person.

A friend was selling some tickets to today's game (7:05) ladt week. Four of them plus parking for $100. My brother being a huge fan took the tickets. He looks at the seating online. They were first base 2nd or 3rd row back.

Well he gets even luckier. Last nights game was pushed to today 4:05) for a double header. Last nights ticket holders got a new game or their money back. Tonight's holders got a double header.

He also found out that the tickets his friend sold him were part of a season ticket holders package. They got to go in to watch batting practice and all that stuff.

Needless to say he's onto of the world, and his fiancé is even happier because she loves Nick Markakis (who is NOT joining the Yankees, so in your face BHK)

So the O's are making me very happy. :p

My brother is a lucky person.

A friend was selling some tickets to today's game (7:05) ladt week. Four of them plus parking for $100. My brother being a huge fan took the tickets. He looks at the seating online. They were first base 2nd or 3rd row back.

Well he gets even luckier. Last nights game was pushed to today 4:05) for a double header. Last nights ticket holders got a new game or their money back. Tonight's holders got a double header.

He also found out that the tickets his friend sold him were part of a season ticket holders package. They got to go in to watch batting practice and all that stuff.

Needless to say he's onto of the world, and his fiancé is even happier because she loves Nick Markakis (who is NOT joining the Yankees, so in your face BHK)

Must have been nice to see them lose 13-1.:D

It happens..oh hey how's the Yankees record? Oh yeah not as good as the O's...:p

Trust me when I say, the Orioles are not good enough to hang with the elite of the American League. And I will stick by what I said, despite the horrible start I think the Red Sox are way too stacked to play this bad all season long.

Trust me when I say, the Orioles are not good enough to hang with the elite of the American League. And I will stick by what I said, despite the horrible start I think the Red Sox are way too stacked to play this bad all season long.

Pfft...I'm saying the Yankees suck. That has nothing to do with your thoughts.

But

You did say Markakis would become a Yankee. :p

As much as I think it would be great if the Orioles could finally get above 500 for the season it would just take too many things for that too happen.

1. Older hitters need to stop their recent decline

2. Young pitchers need to pitch well beyond their years

3. AL East needs to become weaker top to bottom

4. They need to find a closer that will be able to close against top teams

5. Adam Jones and Matt Wieters need to start living up to their potential

As much as it pains me to say this I believe the Yankees will win the AL East. While the Red Sox may be the best team later in the year at this point they are not gelling as a team. Crawford appears to be a fish out of water at this point and Salty should not be the catcher on a contending team.

You have the Red Sox/Yankees who will each win 90+ games. You have one of the best hitting teams in baseball in Toronto. You also have the Rays who cant seem to hit right now but Id imagine once Longoria comes back with that young pitching and solid defense come together they will be a handful as well. Its just hard to find wins in this difficult division. I believe a big reason the Yanks/Red Sox often underachieve in the playoffs is from the grind of this division and beating on each other all season that the playoffs kind of turn into a letdown spot for each team.