USPW: The Battle for Prime Time

USPW Women's Scramble Match: Alicia Strong vs. Anaconda vs. Connie Morris vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson © vs. Cherry Bomb

Loser Leaves Town Match: Giant Redwood vs. Captain USA

USPW World Tag Team Title Match: Savage Fury vs. The Oracles of Destruction vs. The Towers of Power ©

USPW National Title Match: ???? vs. Peter Valentine

Professor Stern vs. Chris CaulfieldIntoxication Parameter vs. The Titans

USPW World Heavyweight Title Match: Bruce the Giant vs. Enygma ©

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USPW Women's Scramble Match: Alicia Strong vs. Anaconda vs. Connie Morris vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson © vs. Cherry Bomb

USPW World Tag Team Title Match: Savage Fury vs. The Oracles of Destruction vs. The Towers of Power ©

Professor Stern vs. Chris Caulfield

Intoxication Parameter vs. The Titans

Since I really don't have much of an idea, this is a guess based mainly on the fact I don't like the idea of titles being dropped in multi-man matches

You can get SOME mileage out of Redwood

Towers retain in a standard match

Going to go with Datsun or Jackson being the mystery guy

I think the Professor would lose a lot of credibility losing his first match

Baine let me down, so this is strictly a spite prediction

Unless you are planning on bringing in a new heel here, I'm going to go with Bruce. Baine and T-Rex are the only qualified heels to challenge Enygma, and Baine's lost enough credibility to be down to T-Rex level. Bruce freshens things up

USPW Women's Scramble Match: Alicia Strong vs. Anaconda vs. Connie Morris vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson © vs. Cherry Bomb - This is USPW, but it isn't time for Raven Robinson to drop the title in a weird match.

Loser Leaves Town Match: Giant Redwood vs. Captain USA - I'm guessing USA is retiring.

USPW World Tag Team Title Match: Savage Fury vs. The Oracles of Destruction vs. The Towers of Power © - Savage Fury drop the fall so Oracles can stay officially 'undefeated' but not win the titles.

USPW National Title Match: ???? vs. Peter Valentine - Mystery men don't win if it's someone from within the roster.

Professor Stern vs. Chris Caulfield - Stern wins in his debut

Intoxication Parameter vs. The Titans - DQ Finish to keep Titans strong, but give Justice & Stone the win.

USPW World Heavyweight Title Match: Bruce the Giant vs. Enygma © - Flip of a coin.

How can I pick against my girl?

For Lexa90, I will say Giant Redwood gets the win and keeps his spot!

Savage Fury and the Oracles battle with each other and Towers come in and clean up the scraps.

It's hard to pick against Mr. Squiggles but this National Title was brought back specifically for Peter Valentine.

Gotta go with the majority here. Stern wins in his debut match via cheating. It's not cheating if you don't get caught, right?

A close fight but the good guys step away with the win and a beatdown after the match.

Bruce wins but not the title in an old Vince McMahon Sr. ploy to continue the feud.

It screams title change, and I like an option where Anaconda is still chasing the title

Probably depends on which contract runs out first, but at least Cap'n can come back as a manager if needs be.

Not ready to give up yet

A few different options, but Valentine retains. But it might be by a DQ defeat

Don't want to kill his momentum now.

But when Baine gets them 1 on 1 it'll be a different matter...

Not yet.

I would be very surprised if Raven is still champion here, this sort of match is ideal for a title change to take place. Just as to who wins the belt here I'm not sure but i'll go with the general consensus and go with daddy's girl.

Unless Captain USA is about to retire, he has more to offer than Redwood. He can still have his occasional team with The Force and after he actually does retire he has the entertainment skills to be moved into more of a manager type role. Redwood on the other hand is a poor quality (and also so jobbed out, you can no longer take him seriously) monster heel, in a promotion brimming with monster heels.

The Towers hold onto the titles, as Savage Fury and The Oracles cancel each other out, with their own personal feud with one another far from over. I do see The Oracles eventually winning these belts down the road though.

My tip for the mystery guy here was going to be Nicky Champion but apparently he is involved in random tag team action, Jackson wasn't mentioned in the preview so it could be him and actually it would make sense with him being former Sneer Corp and Valentine still being part of Sneer Corp. As for who wins, Valentine to lose the match but to hold onto the title.

Stern to win via nefarious means, the smug heel has to get off to a winning start otherwise fans won't be rabid for him to get his comeuppance when he finally does get it dished out to him.

Edd Stone with some sort of powerbomb reversal for the win ! but the Titan's will probably get some heat back with a post match beatdown.

USPW World Heavyweight Title Match: Bruce the Giant vs. Enygma

DQ win for Engyma when Bruce goes overboard with the beating he is about to put on the masked man.

I think the Captain offers more .. Unless he's retiring.

The other two teams focus too much on each other.

Never back against the ????'s

Needs the debut win methinks.

Tough call here, but i do think its time for a change ...Sure i'm wrong though!

I would be very surprised if Raven is still champion here, this sort of match is ideal for a title change to take place. Just as to who wins the belt here I'm not sure but i'll go with the general consensus and go with daddy's girl.

Unless Captain USA is about to retire, he has more to offer than Redwood. He can still have his occasional team with The Force and after he actually does retire he has the entertainment skills to be moved into more of a manager type role. Redwood on the other hand is a poor quality (and also so jobbed out, you can no longer take him seriously) monster heel, in a promotion brimming with monster heels.

The Towers hold onto the titles, as Savage Fury and The Oracles cancel each other out, with their own personal feud with one another far from over. I do see The Oracles eventually winning these belts down the road though.

My tip for the mystery guy here was going to be Nicky Champion but apparently he is involved in random tag team action, Jackson wasn't mentioned in the preview so it could be him and actually it would make sense with him being former Sneer Corp and Valentine still being part of Sneer Corp. As for who wins, Valentine to lose the match but to hold onto the title.

Stern to win via nefarious means, the smug heel has to get off to a winning start otherwise fans won't be rabid for him to get his comeuppance when he finally does get it dished out to him.

Edd Stone with some sort of powerbomb reversal for the win ! but the Titan's will probably get some heat back with a post match beatdown.

DQ win for Engyma when Bruce goes overboard with the beating he is about to put on the masked man.

This is why there was the rumor of 'readers' awards floated around awhile back, before the DOTY's. This kind of depth of reason helps the diary as a whole, I think. Getting a sense of others' opinions helps me to form my own, I guess.

I'm seconding TK's picks, in any case. :)

Also, JHD, my apologies for missing the last round of predictions.

The women's division is pretty interesting right now - so well done, because normally I'm not a big fan of women's wrestling - and I like Belle so I'll go with her, especially as most are picking others. She might pick up the win off the back of Anaconda's hard work

At this point, I have no clue who will win or lose this one. Redwood is pretty hopeless. USA likewise, but his tag partner did just get some groovy new paint so I'll take Cap'n to keep going

I think the champs will hang on for now while the other two teams cancel each other out. I expect the Oracles to win the belts when they get a straight-forward 2v2 match

Guessing Jackson and a defeat for Valentine, although he may not lose the title

Stern is my favourite character in the diary, so I'll go for him on that basis alone. But also he needs to win here to really show that he can actually back up his nauseous spouting

Yep, Justice and Stone are too good for the Titans, who'll look menacing to keep them strong

I'll stick with the champion to somehow pull this one out

This is why there was the rumor of 'readers' awards floated around awhile back, before the DOTY's. This kind of depth of reason helps the diary as a whole, I think. Getting a sense of others' opinions helps me to form my own, I guess.

I'm seconding TK's picks, in any case. :)

Also, JHD, my apologies for missing the last round of predictions.

Hey NoNeck, not to worry! You're right about the comments, it is always interesting to see why people have picked certain things. When someone confidently suggests the complete opposite of what I've booked always makes me worry though :D

That said, I appreciate how time consuming things are so the predictions without comments are a just as huge a bonus in my eyes and it is humbling to know that so many people are enjoying the diary.

Anyone who would like to predict, but hasn't had a chance, the show will be up tonight between 9 and 11pm GMT. In theory. :p

So that gives you around 9 hours in which to get those last ditch guesses in! This show is going to be a long one, definitely the most 'big show' write up so far (in my opinion anyway) even if the last event was more stacked with surprises. Anyway, I've still got one match-up to write so I'm off, I hope you all enjoy the read later on.

Hey NoNeck, not to worry! You're right about the comments, it is always interesting to see why people have picked certain things. When someone confidently suggests the complete opposite of what I've booked always makes me worry though :D

That said, I appreciate how time consuming things are so the predictions without comments are a just as huge a bonus in my eyes and it is humbling to know that so many people are enjoying the diary.

Anyone who would like to predict, but hasn't had a chance, the show will be up tonight between 9 and 11pm GMT. In theory. :p

So that gives you around 9 hours in which to get those last ditch guesses in! This show is going to be a long one, definitely the most 'big show' write up so far (in my opinion anyway) even if the last event was more stacked with surprises. Anyway, I've still got one match-up to write so I'm off, I hope you all enjoy the read later on.

I simply cannot wait man, been looking forward to reading this for a few days :)

Reason and a Sam Strong ran promotion are strange bedfellows. Still I will go with the Tigerkinney flow.

It's Sunday March Week 2

Live in front of a sold out audience of 10,000 at Virginia Park Fields (Mid Atlantic)...

...live on U-Demand...

...UNITED STATES PRO WRESTLING PRESENTS...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Extras/USPW_Liberty.jpg

Your Announce Team:

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DannyJillefski.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/MickyStarr.jpg

Danny Jillefski and 'Mighty' Micky Starr

[it's the third PPV in USPW history and the Virginia Park Fields is packed here tonight! The people of Virginia have gone all out to present this show as the biggest night so far in the rollercoaster ride of the Strong-Stallings Era. With its usual red, white and blue ropes, most would be forgiven for missing the new ring setup - a large USPW logo sits in the centre of the mat and the ring apron sports the Liberty & Justice logo. For the folks at home, proceedings look noticeably more polished as the company takes this opportunity to wow a few more potential fans. As our camera settles down at ringside we see our two unforgettable hosts...]

Danny Jillefski: Welcome everybody to USPW's Liberty & Justice! America's finest wrestling event since Red, White & Blue! I'm your host Danny Jillefski and at I'm sitting here at ringside along with the legend, the one and only, 'Mighty' Micky Starr...

Micky Starr: Thanks Danny and we have an enormous night planned, I can't wait!

Jillefski: True Micky. And now folks - in case you've been living without TV for the last few weeks or your memory is a bit like Mick's, take a look at this next video...

[Our opening segment is a five minute video recapping the last few months. The expense of the video is clear, with the movie-like feel to proceedings reinforcing the new production values. By the time the video has finished the audience in Virginia, and everyone at home, knows that this is the biggest of occasions. Not only do we see Bruce the Giant's feud with Enygma, we see the plight of Captain USA and Giant Redwood, the tag team struggle between The Oracles and Savage Fury, and Edd Stones' incredible debut.]

Segment Rating: A

15 Minute Scramble Match for the USPW Women's Title

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Womens.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/AliciaStrong.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/BelleBryden.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/RavenRobinson.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/CherryBomb.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ConnieMorris.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Gorgon.jpg

Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson © vs. Cherry Bomb vs. Connie Morris vs. Anaconda

After Micky Starr had explained the rules for this title bout for the benefit of the audience the bell rang and all six women went straight to it - Alicia focused on her last opponent, Cherry Bomb, whilst Belle headed for Connie Morris. Anaconda, meanwhile, went determinedly after anyone she could, although eventually settled upon Women's Champion Raven Robinson. After a couple of minutes Connie Morris had fallen to the outside leaving Belle to double-up with Anaconda against Raven. Outnumbered and overpowered Raven was unable to retaliate and soon enough Belle help to lift Raven up for Anaconda...Hydra Bomb! Raven's body hit the mat with a thud as Anaconda's crucifix power bomb was perfectly executed. But Belle wasn't about to let the opportunity pass...roundhouse kick to Anaconda...caught! Anaconda caught Belle's fought and flipped her over backwards! Turning back to the champion, the big woman went for the pin...1....2....3! We have our first fall and it goes to Anaconda – could we have an upset on our hands!?

First Place (1 Fall) - Anaconda

A couple of seconds later and across the ring Alicia Strong hit Cherry Bomb with the Strong Arm Tactic...1...2...3! That ties things up...

Joint First Place (1 Fall Each) – Alicia Strong and Anaconda

Over the next couple of minutes, and some great action from all six women, both Raven Robinson and a dogged Belle Bryden managed to get a pin each, against Cherry Bomb and Connie Morris respectively.

Joint First Place (1 Fall Each) – Alicia Strong, Anaconda, Raven Robinson and Belle Bryden

At the ten minute mark, Women's Champion Raven was the first to get a second pin on the board, finally beating down Anaconda enough for the three count. That lead wouldn't last long, however, when an opportunistic pin from Alicia Strong against Connie Morris tied things back up.

Joint First Place (2 Falls Each) – Alicia Strong and Raven Robinson

With only three minutes left things became frantic, especially when Cherry got a shock roll-up pin on Raven Robinson. As Alicia focused on the big Anaconda, Belle aimed to get a second pin against the unlucky Connie Morris. Despite a momentary fight back, Connie's suplex attempt was interrupted by Cherry Bomb knocking into her as she brawled with Raven. Foolishly, Connie turned her back on Belle to remonstrate with Bomb...she turned back around...Dish of the Day! Belle covered Connie...1....2....3! There's no time left - it's a three-way draw!

Joint First Place (2 Falls Each) – Alicia Strong, Raven Robinson and Belle Bryden

Wait...there were still a couple of seconds left and Alicia locked in the Boston Crab on Anaconda...

Can she get the submission in time!? It's locked in...she's tapped...the bell...which came first!?

….

…..

The winner is...

Alicia Strong wins with 3 falls,

Alicia Strong is the NEW USPW Women's Champion!

Match Rating: D

Starr: What a way to get this event underway - we've got a new champion!

Jillefski: That submission and the bell were awfully close together - I'd be surprised if Belle lets this one lie!

No Disqualification Loser Leaves Town Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/GiantRedwood.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/CaptainUSA.jpg

Giant Redwood vs. Captain USA

The sheer desperation of both these men was clear from the off, the bell signalling a charge from both and flurry of frantic, but largely ineffective punches. Barely a minute had passed when the huge Redwood, aiming to finish this match as quickly as possibly, locked in a bearhug! USA frantically hit Redwood in the head, trying desperately to free himself...USA started to tire...one last punch...Redwood let go!

A couple of minutes later, with Redwood back on the ascendancy, he sent USA to the ropes, waiting for a flapjack attempt...DDT from USA! USA stopped just in time to reverse the move...1...2...kick out!

The kick out from Redwood launched USA across the ring giving the Giant a chance to get back to his feet. Once again the action swung the way of the Giant who began to slow after another couple of minutes. Realising that USA had the edge on him in terms of stamina, Redwood took the first opportunity to hit the outside and take advantage of the no disqualifaction rules. Sending a young female steward over the barricade, Redwood stole her chair, folded it up and slid it into the ring.

Following the chair, Redwood clambered into the ring and a big scoop slam put the Captain down. As Redwood lifted the chair...low blow! The big man staggered...Hail to the Chief...landing it onto the chair!

USA went for the cover 1...2....3!

Captain USA wins in 6:19 via pinfall

Match Rating: E+

[As Captain USA drops to his knees in relief, Giant Redwood picks the veteran up and slams him back down hard on the canvas. Suddenly, the music of Sam Strong hits the arena...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/SamStrong.jpg

Sam Strong: Redwood, you know the rules - you lost this match and, unfortunately, that means we're going to have to let you go. Captain USA will be the one to get a USPW contract...

[The crowd cheer to the annoyance of the big man in the ring...]

Strong: Jethro, we've known each other a long time – no hard feelings right? Oh, and for attacking Captain USA whilst without a contract – you'll be paying a $10,000 fine as well!

[A furious Redwood explodes, running as fast as possible (which isn't very) towards Strong who is quickly surrounded by bodyguards. Despite a few staff being flung aside by the bearded monstrosity, Redwood is quickly subdued and Sam shakes his head in disappointment before heading backstage.]

Segment Rating: B

Jillefski: Giant Redwood has been fired! Captain USA won that match by the skin of his teeth!

Starr: I can't believe on of them actually won a match! Will this be the turn around for Captain USA - I guess we'll have to wait and find out!

USPW Tag Team Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Tag.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPW_Tag.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Java.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/TribalWarrior.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/HellsBouncer.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ManMountainCahill.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DannyRushmore.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/MickMuscles.jpg

Savage Fury vs. The Oracles of Destruction (w/The Guru) vs. The Towers of Power ©

With three of the biggest, and most menacing, tag teams on the planet, this match promised to be a classic but unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to expectations. Still, although no-one stood out the performances of all six men were solid, even if not exactly spectacular.

As most of the crowd would have expected, there was no holding back in this match and from the bell the three legal men were brawling wildly across the ring. It didn't take long for The Oracles to begin to use their manager and the referee's timidity to their advantage. Angered by their opponents' tactical cheating, both Fury members remained in the ring after a tag resulting in a mass six-man brawl that the referee had no chance of ending.

Several minutes in and with Ares controlling Muscles in one corner and Zeus punishing Rushmore in the opposite, The Guru began barking orders at the two Oracles...two irish whips...one collision...three men!?

Baby Jamie got caught up in the middle of it! The two Towers sandwiched the official between them and all three dropped straight to the ground. Having been on the outside for a minute or so, the Fury ran back in to attack the downed Towers who eventually fought back to reach their feet.

As Baby Jamie rolled in pain The Guru slid two chairs underneath the bottom rope. With the Fury and the Towers still battling it out neither team saw the chair shots coming...Java...Muscles...Warrior...Rushmore! Ares and Zeus took out all four competitors with savage chair shots! Rushmore began to get back up...chair shot! With The Towers out, this one looked all over but as Zeus looked set to drop the weapon in his hand The Guru shouted, pointing towards the Fury stirring. Grinning, the two huge men lifted the chairs...and then dropped them...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/WarlordAgony.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/WarlordPain.jpg

...it's the Lords of War! Agony hit the Hostile Takeover on Zeus while Ares took on Pain. Outside the ring, The Guru laid in a crumpled mess and things didn't seem any better inside the ring for the self-proclaimed Gods of Wrestling. With Zeus taken care of the Warlords focused on Ares...War Machine! Seven broken bodies lay in the centre of the ring and one on the outside...Warlord Pain went to wake up the referee...Agony picked up Java...and put him on top of Ares! Baby Jamie came around just in time to see the pin...1....2.........3! The crowd can't believe it - The Lords of War have just given the Fury the titles!

Savage Fury win in 10:44 via pinfall

Savage Fury are the NEW USPW Tag Team Champions!

Match Rating: D+

[As Java and Tribal Warrior come to, the Lords of War join the crowd in congratulating the new champions. At the same time, Baby Jamie stoops over Ares checking on the huge wrestler a hand thrusts upwards clutching the official's throat. Spookily, both Ares and Zeus sit upright at exactly the same time and turn towards the celebrating Fury. Casually flinging Jamie aside, the seemingly reborn Oracles begin to trade punches with both the Fury and the Lords of War - all six men giving as good as they got.

No one fell as a wave of officials engulfed the three teams, pulling them as far apart as possible. Soon enough, a furious Ares and Zeus are led backstage, The Guru slung over one man's shoulder. At the curtain the pair turn around and with one last stare head backstage. Both the Fury and the two legends look on uncomfortably before celebrating with the crowd once again, although their actions are noticeably more timid. In all the excitement no one noticed the Towers of Power skulk off through the crowd but not a single person in the arena thinks for one minute that they are done with this title!]

Segment Rating: B-

Jillefski: We've got new Tag Team Champions! Savage Fury are the new champions!

Starr: But what are the Lords of War doing here - and why are the siding with the Fury!?

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/NickyChampion.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/FordGumble.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DarrylDevine.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/AndreJones.jpg

Nicky Champion & Ford Memphis vs. Darryl Devine & Andre Jones (w/Seduction & Cat Jemson)

This was definitely the throw-away of the card, though the continuing subplot of Jones and Memphis kept the crowd interested for its short duration.

Although all four men saw their share of action, whenever Memphis and Jones were in the ring things were noticeably more aggressive. This open bout came to a close when Memphis deliberately knocked Jones from the apron leaving Devine alone in the ring. When Devine charged at the television champion, Memphis ducked the incoming clothesline and stood waiting...Heartbreak Hotel! The savate kick connected perfectly and three seconds later the victory was his.

Nicky Champion & Ford Memphis win in 6:16 via pinfall

Match Rating: D+

Jillefski: I think Jones got knocked off the apron on purpose there Mick...

Starr: Good. Great win for Champion & Memphis, Devine's luck seems to be out at the moment!

[The crowd pops when we head backstage to see American Everyman Freddie Datsun. Without a match tonight, Datsun is hard at work fixing a broken table. Those cheers soon turn to boos as Datsun's former tag team partner Des Davids walks on to the screen...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/DesDavids-1.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/FreddieDatsun.jpg

Davids: Still fixing tables for the old folk's home eh Freddie?

Datsun: What do you want Des?

Davids: I just came to say – no hard feelings, right!? I mean, you know how it is...

Datsun: “I know how it is!?” Not only did my partner, my friend, turn on me in a title match but he then beat me up in a corridor a week later. So Des, “how is it?”

Davids: You know, I had to move on, see the bigger picture. I didn't want to turn on you, I didn't want to attack you in that corridor but Shane was right, it had to be done for the good of this company. For the good of Des Davids...

Datsun: Oh I see, Shane said this, Shane said that. Well, you've explained yourself pretty well – I think I'm beginning to know “what it's like...”

[seeming pleased at coming to a truce with his former partner, Davids drops his guard and it was the moment Datsun had been waiting for lifting the off-guard former football star into the Death Valley Drive he calls the Patriot Press...right through the table! The nearly finished table broke in half, surrounding Davids with shards of wood...]

Datsun: Damn, I broke the table again...oh well Des, you know how it is...

Segment Rating: C-

Jillefski: It's about time someone showed Des Davids a lesson and I'm sure glad it was Freddie Datsun to do it!

Starr: I know, but what will the old folks home say!?

USPW National Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPWNational.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/JumboJackson-1.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/PeterValentine.jpg

Aaron Jackson vs. Peter Valentine (w/Shane Sneer)

When the newly christened Aaron Jackson was revealed as the Sam Strong-picked challenger, not many of the crowd were surprised, but most were happy to get behind the former Sneer Corporation goon. When Shane Sneer accompanied National Champion Peter Valentine to the ring, Jackson's icy stare wasn't enough to cool the manager's unsettling grinning.

The match began solidly with a test of strength won with a low blow from Peter Valentine. From there on, however, it was all Jackson who made a number of devastating suplexes on the champion. When one such slam left Valentine open for a high risk move, Jackson headed up to the second rope...elbow drop...missed! Shane Sneer had pulled Valentine by his legs right out of the ring!

But that wasn't all...they headed straight to the back! Handing Valentine the title, Sneer and the champ walked back towards the curtain laughing to themselves at the expense of Jackson.

A chorus of boos greets the bell as Jackson is declared the winner, but not the new champion.

Aaron Jackson wins in 7:54 via count-out

Peter Valentine retains the USPW National Title.

Match Rating: D

Starr: Aaron Jackson had that match won!

Jillefski: Jackson gets screwed by Sneer again!

[before our next match begins we see a short video recapping Professor Stern's debut and the feud leading up to this contest...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/HenryLee.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/ChrisCaulfield.jpg

Despite months of assured and knowledgable commentary from Professor Stern about everyone else's ability, or lack thereof, his first match in USPW is nothing but a wild brawl. The hot crowd were shown a treat as the relatively stoic personality of The Expert was replaced by an unhinged menace, brawling all around the ring with Caulfield. For most, the contrast between Stern's out-of-ring personality and his in-ring style was a surprise, but those who had seen Stern in a previous guise were merely amused by the subtle irony of Stern's character. As the fight between the two Hardcore icons wore on the crowd barely had time for breath – relentless action covering the entire ring, and much of the outside as well.

Nearing the ten minute mark neither man had really made their mark, instead Caulfield matching Stern's impressive in-ring debut punch for punch. When the action once again spilled onto the concrete, Stern saw the opportunity he had been waiting for and flung his opponent into the steel steps. A huge crash rang across the arena as Caulfield's back sent one half of the steps careering across the blue mats surrounding the ring. But Stern wasn't done yet lifting Caulfield and dropping his chin on the barrier that segregated the audience from the brutality beyond. Picking the battered Caulfield up, Stern headed for the ringpost...reversed! The crowd cheered as Stern's head bounced off the steel ring support! Getting back into the match, Caulfield dodged a wild punch and an improvised back bodydrop sent The Expert sprawling across the announcers table – much to the amusement of the crowd, and the frustration of Micky Starr.

But as Caulfield clambered over the table to get to Stern the sound neither man expected rang out across the arena...the bell was ringing...both men had been counted out!

As Stern got to his feet and Caulfield turned to the referee neither men knew exactly what was happening. Slowly, as it dawned on them both the brawl began again spreading out around the ring, up the aisle and through the curtain! The match may have ended, but the fight certainly did not!

No Contest in 9:44 via Double Count Out

Match Rating: C

Starr: I could have had him Danny!

Jillefski: If I were you Micky, I wouldn't go anywhere near these two - this is beyond a simple one-on-one, it's turning into a war!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/JamesJustice-1.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/EddStone.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/TysonBaine.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/T-Rex.jpg

Intoxication Parameter vs. The Titans (w/Sheik Mustafa)

Four of the biggest names in the business guaranteed a match to remember and with all four giving their all, everyone's expectations were met. All four men are respected singles wrestlers in their own right but having been placed in teams did them no harm whatsoever. The more experienced teaming of Baine and Rex took the early lead, Justice and Stone still getting to grips with the others' style. Still, the chemistry between the two was undeniable and despite the dominating performance of Baine, at several points in the match the Parameter looked to have this one won.

A trip from the unusual quiet Sheik Mustafa brought Justice face-first into the canvas allowing T-Rex to move in. With Justice still on the ground, T-Rex showed his immense strength by picking The Dude up in a full nelson and raising him up and beyond his feet...it was the Jurassic Crush! Justice just about wriggled free only to receive a savage kick to the gut for his troubles. Rex wasn't done yet, however, and threw Justice against the ropes...big mistake! Justice slid under the bottom rope, tagging in Stone at the same time!

Dropkick from Stone! Tyson Baine runs in...another dropkick! T-Rex got back up and charged at the youngster...kick to the midsection from Stone...Party's Over!

The seated faceplant worked a treat and Rex flipped 180 degrees on impact leaving Edd just to cover the fallen Titan...1....Baine tried to break it up...2....Justice cleared the ring...3! What a victory for Intoxication Parameter!

Intoxication Parameter win in 14:28 via pinfall

Match Rating: C+

[With victory theirs, Justice and Stone head backstage shaking hands with everyone on the aisle. As they reach the curtain they turn and both teams spend a moment to stare at each other. Tyson Baine makes a cut-throat signal whilst Mustafa appears to be hurling abuse in Arabic. Neither team is kidding themselves – this one isn't over by a long shot!]

Jillefski: That has to be the biggest win in Edd Stone's young career - a pin over former World Champion T-Rex.

Starr: And boy do Sheik Mustafa and Tyson Baine look annoyed about that - it's great!

USPW Word Heavyweight Title Match

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/USPWWorld.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/BrucetheGiant.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/Enygma.jpg

Bruce the Giant vs. Enygma

Having just seen a classic bout from two top tag teams, the crowd were ready to see the biggest match of their lives and they weren't in anyway disappointed. Throughout the match both Enygma and Bruce the Giant gave the performance of their lives, the dominating Bruce using powerful strike attacks to great effect while the smaller Enygma used a number of takedowns and fast attacks to keep Bruce from taking outright control.

After several minutes of great action Bruce caught a crossbody attempt from Enygma...fallaway slam! Bruce went for the leg drop...missed! Enygma rolled out of the way just in time!

A minute later Bruce was still on top when a huge clothesline turned the champion inside out. Bruce went for the Giant Choke Slam....head scissors reversal! How on earth did Enygma do that!? Bruce nearly fell out of the ring!

That reversal was the catalyst and for the next couple of minutes Bruce held his knee uncomfortably clearly having twisted it on his way down. Several shoulder charges from Enygma couldn't take the big man down but the fifth seem to set him rocking...Enygma ran to the ropes...springboard shoulder block...caught....Choke Slam! Has Bruce turned this around again!? 1....2.....kick out! Having held their breath for the last few seconds the crowd breathe out a huge sigh of relief before urging their champion to get back up.

It took another few minutes for Enygma to return to his previous momentum but once there he had learnt from the last mistake and wasn't leaving anything to chance. Focusing on Bruce's knee, Enygma was determined to fell the Giant. Like his match with Baine last month, it took a low dropkick to finally buckle Bruce's leg but with a much larger weight to hold up the result was devastating, his huge frame buckling before falling down, trapping Enygma underneath him!

The referee had no choice but to count the pin...1....2.....he'd found the rope! Engyma survived again.

Bruce was still down, clearly in enormous pain, as Enygma used the ropes to squeeze himself from beneath his opponent. The mysterious one rested Bruce's knee on the rope and hopped out onto the apron. Using the top rope as a hold, Enygma leant back and flung himself over the red cable and into the ring...leg drop onto Bruce's knee! The Giant roared in agony as the small frame of Enygma forced his leg downwards against the rope. When Bruce rolled into the center of the ring, the champion signalled to the crowd...Enygma Variation!

Bruce's face was contorted in agony...would he tap? He edged towards the rope...it was just too far away...

Would this be it!?

Bruce tapped! Bruce the Giant tapped!

As the bell signals victory for Enygma, the crowd stand to their feet as one, applauding the performances - not only of Enygma but of both men. Never before has a match of such quality been seen in a USPW event and the crowd are sure making their feelings known!

Enygma wins in 20:25 via submission

Enygma retains the USPW World Heavyweight Title in his 3rd defence.

Match Rating: B

Starr: What a match! What a match! What a match!

Jillefski: I know - in all my years I have never seen anything as good as that Mick! Enygma is still the champion - who would have thought it!

[Enygma can't quite believe it – he's beaten Bruce the Giant! As the referee raises the champion's hand the crowd stand and applaud the stunning performance once again when suddenly...a gasp!]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/Cards/CorporalDoom.jpg

[it's Corporal Doom! He's just hit Enygma with the World Title belt! As the crowd near rioting point, Doom dismisses them arrogantly and turns to the confused Bruce the Giant...he's offered him his hand! Corporal Doom raises Bruce the Giant's hand in victory! That moment of solidarity with the Giant has now gone and the crowd's hate rains upon both Doom and Bruce as the credits begin to roll on another momentous USPW night...]

Segment Rating: B+

Jillefski: Who does Corporal Doom think he is!? Having just given the performance of a lifetime, Enygma deserves a little more respect than that!

Starr: If I were Sam Strong I'd be a little concerned about that sort of behaviour - especially as Sam has got Doom's old job!

Jillefski: That's right Mick. Folks - I know you've got a lot of questions, all I can say is tune into Sports America on Tuesday night - hopefully by then, we'll have some answers! Thanks for watching all and good night from Micky Starr, Danny Jillefski and USPW!

OVERALL RATING: B-

PPV Buy Rate: 0.73

A little earlier than planned but all the 'regular' predicters had posted and I couldn't hold on any longer! Hope you all enjoy the show which, if you haven't guessed is the post above this. If you've not read Liberty & Justice! it's probably best you do before reading the rest of this post...

And it is score time...congratulations to tigerkinney and all those who copied, I mean agreed with, him (I jest!). Tigerkinney, Dragonmack and NoNeck scored a respectable 5/7 whilst a mention should go to Bigpapa42 and Marcel Fromage for their close-but-no-cigar 4/7. A warm welcome as well to bgbuff who made his first prediction for this show, taking the grand total of predicters up to 30! :eek: Very much appreciated all.

After three shows this month our leaderboard is as follows...

1. tigerkinney and Dragonmack...13

2. Marcel Fromage...11

3. jesseewiak and Bigpapa42...10

It's been a crazy month for predictions so with two shows left before prize time everything can, and probably will change so keep them predictions coming in. Remember, the people with the most number of correct picks recieves three alts of their choice (oooh) :D

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the show - even if BHK will kill me for giving Savage Fury the titles! Alicia winning the belt, especially in the fashion she did, will hopefully bring another burst of energy to the fairly small women's division. Yes, Bruce really did lose to Enygma and no, I didn't cheat. Don't ask me how but he accepted the loss propelling Enygma to As across the US and leaving Bruce only on B+ - I'm happy with that! And don't I keep my word!? Check out the backstory post after the first show...Commissioner Doomed?...didn't I tell you Doom would be back :D

Okay, so our alts of the week come in the shape of surprise showing Lords of War...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/WarlordAgony_jhd2.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/WarlordAgony_jhd.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/WarlordPain_jhd.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/USPW/WarlordPain_jhd2.jpg

In case you are wondering why I've posted the same alts twice, one version has a t-shirt, the other doesn't :p

Right, that's all from me, I hope you enjoyed the show - I'll be back with the prediction card at the usual time (i.e. tomorrow).

Great show, my friend! You definitely had me fooled on several of the predictions but that is a good thing! The Lords of War was definitely an unexpected but welcomed surprise, as was the return of Corporal Doom. Enjoyed the interaction between Freddie and Des and the last match was a great one, had me on the edge of my seat. Well done!

God damn Enygma... he embarasses (IMO) Bruce and Baine, so T-Rex is out of the question. Who else can seriously challenge him? It doesn't look like any of the giant guys which fill up USPW can take him down, so someone very Stern-esque will have to do it.

Great show by the way, even though I butchered all of my predictions. Stern for champ?

I simply cannot wait man, been looking forward to reading this for a few days :)

Thanks SWF, I hope it's been worth the wait!

Great show, my friend! You definitely had me fooled on several of the predictions but that is a good thing! The Lords of War was definitely an unexpected but welcomed surprise, as was the return of Corporal Doom. Enjoyed the interaction between Freddie and Des and the last match was a great one, had me on the edge of my seat. Well done!

Thanks angel! The Freddie and Des skit was the final bit of writing. I just couldn't get anything to work but it slowly came together and eventually I was quite happy with the outcome (especially the table bit) - I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Doom coming back is definitely going to be played out over the next couple of months so hopefully we'll have a fairly sizeable storyline to be going on with. Same applies to the Lords of War who are certainly not going away anytime soon!

The Savage Jobbers winning the titles was the only blight on what was a great show!:D

Seriously, that was a great show!

I guess a blight has to happen occasionally right!? :D Haha, thanks BHK I'm glad you enjoyed it. Even though SJ won the titles they are definitely not out of the woods - especially with The Towers and The Oracles gunning for them.

God damn Enygma... he embarasses (IMO) Bruce and Baine, so T-Rex is out of the question. Who else can seriously challenge him? It doesn't look like any of the giant guys which fill up USPW can take him down, so someone very Stern-esque will have to do it.

Great show by the way, even though I butchered all of my predictions. Stern for champ?

I can definitely see where you are coming from John. My thought process went as follows; having a draw in the first PPV I wanted Enygma to win clean against Baine in number 2. Then when it came to PPV3 I was doubtful Enygma would be 'allowed' to win but, to be honest, I'm glad he did. Sure, I could have had a DQ win but then I'm going to get stuck in a PPV#1=DQ, PPV#2=clean win every time. Perhaps a pinfall would have been a better option but the match was definitely designed to show Enygma, who is certainly not typical of USPW superstars, to be a worthy champion and someone who can beat anyone on his day, rather than Bruce being weak.

Don't worry though, I think Doom might have something in store for our masked champion! Could it be Stern - who knows!? :D I don't want to give too much away but at Freedom Fight! there will be more than titles at stake in our main event :eek:

Get your predictions in for

USPW American Wrestling

March, Week 3, 2010

USPW Women's Title Match

Alicia Strong © vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson

Alicia Strong won the USPW Women's title at the last possible minute at Liberty & Justice with the bell and Anaconda's submission taking place at almost the same time. A furious Belle Bryden demanded a rematch immediately and surprisingly was granted her wish. She'll not be alone, however, as Raven Robinson will use her rematch clause to enter this match.

Will Alicia's belt be hers to keep, or will we see the title change hands yet again?

The Southern Assassins vs. The Forces of America

Captain USA surprised everyone when he defeated Giant Redwood at Liberty & Justice to save his USPW career. It seems that he is now back to teaming with The Force - the veteran pair take on the recently debuted Southern Assassins in tag team action.

Will the new USA be a Force to be reckoned with, or will the Assassins kill his hopes dead?

Edd Stone vs. Des Davids

'Party Animal' Edd Stone got the victory of his life two nights ago against T-Rex and Tyson Baine but will be wary about coming up against recently turned Des Davids. Davids, on the other hand, will be looking for a big scalp in his bid to prove to Datsun once and for all that his decision was the right one.

Will Stone's party roll on through the night, or will Davids have kicked him into touch?

10-Man Battle Royal To Decide the #1 Contender For The World Heavyweight Title

James Justice vs. Tyson Baine vs. Professor Stern vs. Nicky Champion vs. Andre Jones vs. Freddie Datsun vs. Zeus vs. Chris Caulfield vs. T-Rex vs. Aaron Jackson

With #1 Contender Bruce the Giant losing his title shot against Enygma last Sunday night, USPW is in need of a new contender. With that goal in mind, the Board of Directors have arranged a 10-man battle royal and the winner getting his title shot in two months time at May's Declaration of Independence! Ten of the biggest names in the company will compete in the same ring, at the same time, in this over-the-top-rope spectacular.

Who will survive the gauntlet and challenge for the biggest prize?

Plus, we'll hear from former USPW Commissioner, Corporal Doom, and newly crowned tag team champions Savage Fury will be in the USPW Event Centre. See all this, and more, only on USPW American Wrestling!

Quick Picks...

USPW Women's Title Match: Alicia Strong © vs. Belle Bryden vs. Raven Robinson

Edd Stone vs. Des Davids (w/Shane Sneer)

10-Man Battle Royal To Decide the #1 Contender For The World Heavyweight Title:

10-Man Battle Royal To Decide the #1 Contender For The World Heavyweight Title: James Justice

10-Man Battle Royal To Decide the #1 Contender For The World Heavyweight Title: T-Rex

Archived