What grinds your gears?

brashleyholland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="falling_star" data-cite="falling_star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27610" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You know what really grinds my gears?<p> </p><p> Twitter.</p><p> </p><p> No one is important enough to necessitate constant Twitter updates. <em>No one.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's why I stopped looking there. A few people have funny jokes, or may point out something newsworthy. But, as much as I love Shane Helms, I couldn't give two ****s what his friends are doing. I followed you for you!</p>

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a question. It's simple and might grind a few gears.

How many women like having the seat on the toilet put back down for them after a man was in there?

Personally to me it does not matter as it is easy to put down. The things that make me mad are.

1. Not replacing the empty TP roll.

2. there is good smeelling stuff in there, USE IT.

3. Take your book/magazine back out with you.

I'm not female, but I hear one of the bigger ones is males need to lift the seat up when they are doing a Number 1.

Oh yeah, I hate "Soft" Toilet seats. hard to clean, and easy to dirty. I like something firm under me, thank you very much.

I never understood those squishy sears. Especially in the summer. Sit there for a few and you stick. :p

I'm not female, but I hear one of the bigger ones is males need to lift the seat up when they are doing a Number 1.

False. I don't think males NEED to lift the seat up. It's just more convenient to do so. Well, except in the morning (split stream FTL!).

Besides, if it's that big a deal, get a toilet with a motorized seat. They're cheaper (over their lifetime, since most of them are Water Sense certified), look better than the standard commode (hatbox style is really popular), and most of 'em are push button flush or use motion sensors (stand up or step back and it flushes. Just like the urinals in mall restrooms).

What grinds my gears in this respect is when I get yelled at for putting BOTH seats down (seat and the cover). If you have so many "emergencies" that this is a serious issue for you, to quote Kool Moe Dee, go see the doctor!

False. I don't think males NEED to lift the seat up. It's just more convenient to do so. Well, except in the morning (split stream FTL!).

To quote Sinbad: Women should feel the love more when the man lifts the seat up cause then they know nothing is on it. if the lid is down you better check to make sure you won't stick to it.

And as for the ones that get mad cause the lid was up and they sat down and got their a** wet. Unless they backed in the room then they should notice where the lid is positioned. (Sinbad too)

My Luck.

2 Weeks ago, my PS3 gets the YLOD.

2 Days ago, Xbox360 gets the RROD.

I should probably get off this computer before the damn thing Blue Screens on me.......

My Xbox360 went last week, I think I need a new cord as all I get is a blue screen and nothing else despite the fact that the system is still working. I am just to pissed off to go out and buy more stuff to fix this damn thing. I have already had it fixed four times!

My Luck.

2 Weeks ago, my PS3 gets the YLOD.

2 Days ago, Xbox360 gets the RROD.

I should probably get off this computer before the damn thing Blue Screens on me.......

Ok well the Xbox pretty much is the crappiest system out. :D

What is the YLOD. I have heard the term but have never actually had anyone have it happen to them.

I have a 17 year old brother who plays PS3 like 15 hours a day and has had no problems.

Maybe that's a hint to go do something else.

Well because of my busy schedule I don't turn these things on to play a game or, more commonly, to watch a movie until about midnight. So really there isn't a whole lot I can do between 12 and 2 AM (Sleeping is not an option as I'm not tired at these hours usually).

Ok well the Xbox pretty much is the crappiest system out. :D

What is the YLOD. I have heard the term but have never actually had anyone have it happen to them.

I have a 17 year old brother who plays PS3 like 15 hours a day and has had no problems.

Pretty much an overheating problem where the system gets too hot and causes the solder on the motherboard to lose it's connection to the CPU/GPU. Basically the older PS3 models (which mine was) do not have proper heat sinks which causes the solder to degrade over time.

Not a big deal, will just have to replace it by either sending it in to Sony and getting one of the new slimmer models (probably refurbished) back for about 120-150 (Warranty ended quite a while ago). Or i can just buy a new one. Not sure what I'll end up doing but not too happy with the thought of getting a refurbished machine. Sucks I'll lose my backwards compatibility with a new slim model as well.

As for the XBox, it was my cousins, and he said it had red ringed on him before, so I wasn't too surprised when it happened. Just weird that they both went out on me at a similar time.

Well because of my busy schedule I don't turn these things on to play a game or, more commonly, to watch a movie until about midnight. So really there isn't a whole lot I can do between 12 and 2 AM (Sleeping is not an option as I'm not tired at these hours usually).

Pretty much an overheating problem where the system gets too hot and causes the solder on the motherboard to lose it's connection to the CPU/GPU. Basically the older PS3 models (which mine was) do not have proper heat sinks which causes the solder to degrade over time.

Not a big deal, will just have to replace it by either sending it in to Sony and getting one of the new slimmer models (probably refurbished) back for about 120-150 (Warranty ended quite a while ago). Or i can just buy a new one. Not sure what I'll end up doing but not too happy with the thought of getting a refurbished machine. Sucks I'll lose my backwards compatibility with a new slim model as well.

As for the XBox, it was my cousins, and he said it had red ringed on him before, so I wasn't too surprised when it happened. Just weird that they both went out on me at a similar time.

Well that sucks.

I have yet seen a reason to get either an Xbox or a PS3.

I don't play video games often though. The ones I like are nice and handy on my PS2 :D

Well that sucks.

I have yet seen a reason to get either an Xbox or a PS3.

I don't play video games often though. The ones I like are nice and handy on my PS2 :D

and the PS2 seems to be able to handle longer gameplay and lasts longer in general. I'm on my 2nd one since they came out and i've had it for 2 years now. And this is a refurbished one.

My reputation. Wait, lemme explain that. :p

I have a tendency to gravitate toward women of a particular...ahh, body type. While not exclusive, a quick look at most of the women I've dated kinda gives a general idea of what body type I prefer. It's not a conscious thing either (I don't say "I can't date her, her booty isn't big enough" or "No childbearing hips = fail", though I do have conscious issues with IBTC members).

So I go to dinner with some longtime friends and I take a woman I've been hangin' out with of late. She's a translator for the UN (speaks 8 languages fluently) and also happens to be Japanese. So during the communal 'women go to the restroom together' thing, a few of my friends make comments like "expanding your horizons?" and "she doesn't seem to be your type, physically" and (the funniest one) "Did she used to be a wrestler?". That's not to say she's lacking a future behind her but it's not as 'rap video vixen' obvious as women I've seen in the past (especially not in a black pantsuit).

My niece is about to go to Italy for the summer (which is how I met Miya, taking the niece to take an intensive immersion course in Italian) and even she says that! So yeah, hate hate hate what has apparently become my reputation. :(

and the PS2 seems to be able to handle longer gameplay and lasts longer in general. I'm on my 2nd one since they came out and i've had it for 2 years now. And this is a refurbished one.

Lets see, I got my PS2 about 4 years ago? I don't play often enough though. I honestly have like 5 games I play and that is it. I don't play sports or FPS so that narrows down my choices big time. I am mostly into classic RPGs. I like the ones that make you think. :D

My reputation. I do have conscious issues with IBTC members).

When I seen this I was like no way. I have heard things about you sir. None I will believe because I don't take other peoples opinions over my own.

That statement made me like you even more. :D

Well let me tell you what makes me mad. I have a cousin that is married to a female who has worked in the banking area for about 15 or so years. 5 years ago she lost her job to someone with a degree and more experience. Well sucks for her move on. So she got a job at another bank as a teller. Now she makes like 10 bucks an hour and her husband makes like 16.

So now they think there better than everyone else because they throw there money that they don't have around. The only people that suffer are there two kids that have to spend evenings at home because there parents want to hang at the bar all the time. Makes me so mad I'd love to smash there heads together, but you can't hurt air. :)

When I seen this I was like no way. I have heard things about you sir. None I will believe because I don't take other peoples opinions over my own.

I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, ya can't prove anything.

That statement made me like you even more. :D

Oh, well then, yeah I said it. :p

Well let me tell you what makes me mad. I have a cousin that is married to a female who has worked in the banking area for about 15 or so years. 5 years ago she lost her job to someone with a degree and more experience. Well sucks for her move on. So she got a job at another bank as a teller. Now she makes like 10 bucks an hour and her husband makes like 16.

So now they think there better than everyone else because they throw there money that they don't have around. The only people that suffer are there two kids that have to spend evenings at home because there parents want to hang at the bar all the time. Makes me so mad I'd love to smash there heads together, but you can't hurt air. :)

I've seen this a lot, actually. I have some clients that are like this, both on the tax side and travel wise. People who are "house poor" but still live well beyond their means. I have one pair of clients who insist on 'doin' it big' with their vacation twice a year....but they always leave their kids behind. Granted, you don't really want to be taking kids to Fiji or the Seychelles or Vegas but they do 'driving distance' vacations with the kids (Six Flags, Hersheypark, Dorney Park) while they go jaunting around the world for their own vacations. I also don't get how or why, with a total household income of 83k, they need to lease a BMW and an Infiniti (and prior to the Infiniti, they had a Land Rover Discovery). If one of them got laid off (a distinct possibility since the husband is a corporate middle manager - basically layoff fodder), it would be absolutely catastrophic since they have no savings to speak of.

Wait... that didn't come out right. I mean, as long as you like her, who cares (other than you)?

Hello? I'm a guy. Many guys like to show off their gfs/wives. While I've always been the odd one (the least attractive physically of my group of friends but tending to "draw" the most striking companions), their opinions do have some value. They don't rule me but just having them note that I'm seemingly going against my "type" makes me feel like I'm growing up in some way.

And growing up is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, because grown ups suck IMO.

But we've always tended to have very similar tastes in women, except I've always liked 'em smart and multidimensional while my friends just cared about their physical assets.

I've seen this a lot, actually. I have some clients that are like this, both on the tax side and travel wise. People who are "house poor" but still live well beyond their means. I have one pair of clients who insist on 'doin' it big' with their vacation twice a year....but they always leave their kids behind. Granted, you don't really want to be taking kids to Fiji or the Seychelles or Vegas but they do 'driving distance' vacations with the kids (Six Flags, Hersheypark, Dorney Park) while they go jaunting around the world for their own vacations. I also don't get how or why, with a total household income of 83k, they need to lease a BMW and an Infiniti (and prior to the Infiniti, they had a Land Rover Discovery). If one of them got laid off (a distinct possibility since the husband is a corporate middle manager - basically layoff fodder), it would be absolutely catastrophic since they have no savings to speak of.

Sadly, this is happening way too much in America. We are conditioned to live a certain lifestyle and even if we do not have the means to live such a lifestyle, who cares because that is what credit cards are for. Like Remi said (well not his exact words but the gist of them), if you can’t afford to buy something, you don’t buy it.

I really do not understand why people do not get this. I know people want a BMW to make themselves look richer than they actually are. However, is it really worth it if you can’t pay for it and you may end up losing your home?

I have a buddy who has to buy the latest gadgets as soon as they come up. Dude has two big screen HD televisions, three Blu-Rays, tons of wrestling memorabilia, and a bunch of other useless crap. And guess what? He can’t afford any of it! He is always hungry because he would rather spend his money on crap just to keep up appearances than eat food! And that is becoming the social norm in the United States today and I cannot fathom ever living like that.

Sadly, this is happening way too much in America. We are conditioned to live a certain lifestyle and even if we do not have the means to live such a lifestyle, who cares because that is what credit cards are for. Like Remi said (well not his exact words but the gist of them), if you can’t afford to buy something, you don’t buy it.

I really do not understand why people do not get this. I know people want a BMW to make themselves look richer than they actually are. However, is it really worth it if you can’t pay for it and you may end up losing your home?

I have a buddy who has to buy the latest gadgets as soon as they come up. Dude has two big screen HD televisions, three Blu-Rays, tons of wrestling memorabilia, and a bunch of other useless crap. And guess what? He can’t afford any of it! He is always hungry because he would rather spend his money on crap just to keep up appearances than eat food! And that is becoming the social norm in the United States today and I cannot fathom ever living like that.

It's just not about the stuff they buy.

It's about how they present themselves. They carry themselves like there the best people in the world. Let me tell you though...THERE NOT. I could tell you some stories about them but you would question why I still consider them family.

You know what else gets me?

I know there are people who can't work, and have children to support.

What I hate are these ghetto dwelling women who REFUSE to work because they want to stay home all day and do drugs with there *man*.

Let me tell you something you don't have a *man* because if you did you wouldn't be sitting in some 20 a month crap hole while your kids are running around at midnight outside unattended and you're worried about where your next joint is going to come from.

I see far too many females like this and it makes me sick.