http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/KANZEN2.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s03m06.png

After the disappointment of being walked out on by his team-mates, Ángel De México will get another shot at Trios victory by joining forces with The Atlantic Connection in a clash with The High Rollers. Sammy the Shark and Nathaniel Ca$ino have made no secret of the fact that they want into the KANZEN Trios Tournament but have the gamblers shown their cards too early by revealing Ashley Grover as their prospective partner? If they win, it could prove to be a masterful decision.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s03m03.png

Rayne Man has had mixed success in the two KANZEN Pro shows so far. After defeating Kirk Jameson in the first main event, he fell to Burning EXILE last month and at 'Flashing Lights' he can get right back into the winning feeling against INVASION members UK Dragon. While Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato will be battling The Animal Kingdom, Dragon will have a chance to prove his solo credentials to the KANZEN Pro crowd.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio02.png

Mere hours after we announced that Los Phoenix are coming to KANZEN Pro, our good friends in New Zealand decided to ruin the success we had planned for announcing them. Instead a video showed up on YouTube to confirm that Halloween Knight will lead Necromancer and Cyanide into the KANZEN Trios Tournament. The ZEN: Art of Wrestling regulars are well-known around the globe thanks to their popular YouTube channel and our only disappointment about brining them in is that Massacre will not be joining them. The Samoan has injured his elbow and will not be able to take part in the special attraction matches that we had planned for nights two and three.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio03.png

We've given you two outside teams so we thought it was only fair to at least reassure some of the early KANZEN regulars that they can compete in the KANZEN Trios Tournament. We had expected Mr. Lucha III and Extraordinario Jr to pick Ángel De México to join them in their team but after their collective victory last week, they have replaced him with Velocidad, a future star of OLLIE rival South of the Border Pro Wrestling. Despite the quick change, we in the KANZEN offices still think Mexico's Most Wanted should be considered amongst the contenders.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s03m07.png

The final match of our third show could be a potential match of the night. Amo Del Gato and Tigre Salvaje Jr will join forces with fellow Mexicans Extraordinario Jr and Mr. Lucha III to battle with Rich and Famous and the Brothers from Different Mothers. Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol lost out to the FREEDOM Fights last week in a very tense tag team contest and will be keen to respond with victory in the turbulent Atomico match.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio04.png

When we announced the opening KANZEN Pro roster, we did it with the full attention of including everyone in our stacked cards. Unfortunately as we look right down the barrel of our third show, there is one name on that list that is yet to feature. So as a way to make that up to him, we offered Dagger a guaranteed spot in the KANZEN Trios Tournament as long as he could find two partners. He did. And so we have the Mother Puckers of Dagger and The Gilbert Brothers. The Canadian trio could be dangerous considering how little we know about them as a unit.

"Flashing Lights" - Thursday Week 4, February 2010

Fox Mask versus Burning EXILE

Ant-Man and Panda Mask II versus Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Geoff Borne versus Air Attack Weasel

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark

Rayne Man versus UK Dragon

Amo Del Gato, Tigre Salvaje Jr, Extraordinario Jr and Mr. Lucha III versus Jackpot Jordan, Jake Idol, Kirk Jameson and Philippe LaGrenier

"KANZEN Trios Tournament" - March 2010

1. "Los Phoenix" - Phoenix I, Phoenix II & Phoenix III

2. "F.E.A.R." - Cyanide, Halloween Knight and Necromancer

3. "Mexico's Most Wanted" - Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad

4. "Mother Puckers" - Dagger, Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert

I think Fox Mask is the guy who has the overness to override EXILE's creative control

Hell Monkey's only threat out of Animal Kingdom is Fox Mask

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Even with Jack Griffith, I don't think the SCCW guys can take out the team who is riding momentum from last month

Not a big Borne fan

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark

Jenkins and McManus appear to be your job squad

Will root for him again against another foreign star

Amo Del Gato, Tigre Salvaje Jr, Extraordinario Jr and Mr. Lucha III versus Jackpot Jordan, Jake Idol, Kirk Jameson and Philippe LaGrenier

Can potentially see ADM getting involved, especially after a likely loss

Guest Poppers

This diary is insanely fun to read. I feel like I am watching Chikara. I am super pumped for the tios tournament.

Fox Mask versus Burning EXILE Momentum so the Kingdom can fight the INVASION.

Ant-Man and Panda Mask II versus Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato Not a chance otherwise.

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith Regular team gets the win for momentum going into the tournament.

Geoff Borne versus Air Attack Weasel Continuing the momentum.

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark Heel shinnanigans.

Rayne Man versus UK Dragon Building up Rayne's angst so he can go super heel.

Amo Del Gato, Tigre Salvaje Jr, Extraordinario Jr and Mr. Lucha III versus Jackpot Jordan, Jake Idol, Kirk Jameson and Philippe LaGrenier I think there is will be some heel tactics, as well as some disention on the lucha team.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/KANZEN.jpg

KANZEN: Flashing Lights

Thursday, Week 4, February 2010

Jerry’s Basement, Hawaii

Fox Mask versus Burning EXILE – The third show kicked off with Burning EXILE clashing with Fox Mask in his final KANZEN Pro appearance. Though it was a slow between the two big stars, they soon found their rhythm and the match really heated up as it went on. A strong opener that quickly drew the crowd into what was going, it looked like either side could score victory if they were lucky enough to hit their signature move and after Fox Mask rolled out of the Burning Hammer, he hit the Fox Hunter on the Japanese star to end his three match run in KANZEN Pro with defeat. D+

BURNING EXILE: “I said goodbye last week and I just wanted to say goodbye once more... I am annoyed I do not say goodbye to America with a victory... But I know Fox Mask and his talents... I always knew that facing him... It would be the biggest challenge of the three matches that I agreed to when I said I would come to America... Thank you KANZEN Pro... Thank you for welcoming me for your first three shows... Good luck for the KANZEN Trios Tournament... And make sure to invite me back as soon as possible.” E+

The Teen Dreams (Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking) versus The Southern Class Superstars (Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith) w/Julie Forletta – Having defeated The Animal Kingdom on the first, The Southern Class Superstars looked in confident mood as they started things off against the Teen Dreams. Attempting to take advantage of their experience, Elijah Harris and Ernie Turner tried to bully Brendan Idol and Jayson Van Pelt by being very aggressive as soon as the bell went. The young trio did try to utilise their quick speed and agility once they got a chance to attack Griffith and co but it was the well-travelled team that eventually wrapped victory after a frantic, even affair. Jack Griffith avoided the Idoliser with a desperate duck and after Idol landed on his feet, he was dropped by the Jack in the Box to complete victory. D

Geoff Borne versus Air Attack Weasel – AAW scored an impressive debut victory against Jayson Van Pelt last week and in Geoff Borne he faced a very similar worker who was happy to take to the air early on. Having been nicknamed ‘Air’ Borne in Europe, it wasn’t hard to establish why as he took Weasel down with a spectacular arm drag in the opening exchanges before coming at the CZCW stalwart with a vast array of aerial manoeuvres. But despite his flashy repertoire though, Borne was soon reeling to Air Attack Weasel’s much more efficient style. He caught Borne mid-air with a big lariat and with the window of opportunity open, AAW hit the Pop Goes the Weasel to complete a second successive win. E

Ángel De México and The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus) versus The High Rollers (Nathaniel Ca$ino, Sammy the Shark and Ashley Grover) – Having been abandoned by his partners at the end of a defeat last week and making sure everyone knew how unhappy he was about it, Ángel De México seemed to be in a better mood as he tagged with the Atlantic Connection. The international trio seemed to have a decent early understanding as they exchanged quick tags against the well-oiled High Rollers team, featuring the first female KANZEN competitor in Ashley Grover. Both teams seemed keen for victory with the KANZEN Trios Tournament looming and gave a strong showing before Ángel De México trapped Ashley Grover in his Mexican Death submission to rebound in the best possible way. D-

RAYNE MAN: “At school I wasn’t a high achiever. I wasn’t the first name on the sports team. I wasn’t the guy that every girl wanted to go out with. In fact, I don’t think most people in my high school will remember that I was there with them. I wasn’t singled out for glory when I was younger but I never let that stand in my way because I knew where I wanted to end up in my life. And I still know. I want to be the man. I will become the man; and not because of excellent genes or natural ability. I’ll become the best and the greatest through hard-work and determination. I’ll give every single competitor I meet the match of their life. They’ll have to produce their best every time they want to better me... and that goes for you UK Dragon. You’re well known in Japan and Europe for being a big star. Unless you can produce your best right now against me; you’ll be nothing in KANZEN because you won’t have beaten the best.” D-

Rayne Man versus UK Dragon – Losing to Burning EXILE in last week’s main event didn’t sit well with Rayne Man and he seemed hungry to start more aggressively against UK Dragon as a way to put that defeat behind him. With a frantic pace to his movements, Rayne Man refused UK Dragon even a moment of rest as he was dropped by a handful of quick moves that sapped the initial wind from the masked star’s sails. Though, the British star was soon into the battle after a poke to Rayne’s right eye went unnoticed and the WLW star enjoyed a period of domination. Slowly the match tempo right down to near crawling pace, Dragon started to work on Rayne Man’s neck in preparation of the Dragon Drop and though, Rayne did look like he was about launch an impressive comeback after powering to his feet when in a sleeper hold, UK Dragon slipped through the Rayne Storm and hit the Dragon Drop on Rayne Man to score the victory and hand the former SWF star his second successive loss. D

FREEDOM Fighters (Amo Del Gato and Tigre Salvaje Jr) and Mexico’s Most Wanted (Extraordinario Jr and Mr. Lucha III) versus Brothers from Different Mothers (Kirk Jameson and Philippe LaGrenier) and Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol) w/Maryam Vega and Debbie Nair – Well accomplished in Atomico matches it was no surprise to anyone that the team full of Mexican wrestlers started the better of the teams in the semi-main event. That said, it was surprising how receptive Mr. Lucha III and Extraordinario Jr were to Amo Del Gato and Tigre Salvaje Jr after they had abandoned Ángel De México last week after suffering defeat. The Mexican foursome used the lucha rules to their complete advantage early on but with Rich and Famous eager to gain revenge on the FREEDOM Fighters for last week’s defeat, the Rudos squad were soon in the ascendancy and had quickly isolated Tigre Salvaje Jr on their side of the ring. Salvaje played the face in peril to perfection but after ducking Jameson’s Brotherly Love he dove from the ring and allowed a lucha tag to happen. Instead, all hell broke loose with everyone someone feeling correct in stepping through the ropes. A mass brawl ended with Extraordinario Jr having a war of words with Debbie Nair while Jackpot Jordan stalked the OLLIE star. On the command of Jordan, Nair made Extraordinario aware of his company in the ring and upon turning around he was dropped by the Cash In and pinned to give the Rudos team glory. D

FOX MASK: “Hell Monkey... I saw what you had to say about my team-mates through your geeky online thing and I sensed a little jealousy as you spoke. Don’t flatter yourself. You were never even considered as a potential member of The Animal Kingdom. You are a talented guy, yes. But you are not a team player. I don’t understand why you think you are. You clearly want INVASION all about you and if you had of got into The Animal Kingdom... You’d expect that to be all about you as well. Ant-Man and Panda Mask are team players. They are guys that know how to work in an equal squad. That’s why they are in The Animal Kingdom. And that’s why they will pick you and Kazuma apart tonight.” D+

The Animal Kingdom (Ant-Man and Panda Mask II) versus INVASION (Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato) – Spurred by the harsh of Hell Monkey from last month, Ant-Man actually called the WLW star into the ring as the bell rang. The tiny star seemingly wanted to get Hell Monkey one-on-one straight away and after shoving Kazuma Narato to one side, Ant-Man actually did pretty well. He couldn’t match the electrifying speed of Hell Monkey and seemed to have beaten off more than he could chew before he actually caught Monkey in mid-air as he tried a cross-body. Ant-Man slammed the INVASION leader onto the canvas with enough force that it seemed to have a big effect on his ribs. Having made his point Ant-Man allowed Panda Mask II into the match and it was The Animal Kingdom team that controlled the early action of the match. But given the sheer abilities of the INVASION team, it was never going to be plain sailing for Ant-Man and Panda Mask. Panda was masterfully kept well away from his partner by Narato and Hell Monkey though on a couple of occasions he did avoid the Narato Sunner and then the Hell Fire Kick. Desperately, he threw a big lariat at Narato which lead into a few exchanges that saw both teams simply hunting that crucial match-winning attack. All four men went for the jugular on each other until Ant-Man caught Kazuma as he landed from a missed Narato Sunner and hit the Antidote for the biggest of upsets. The lesser two members of The Animal Kingdom bring the third KANZEN show to a glorious end with a well-earned win over Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato. D

Show Rating: D

“Flashing Lights” Results
  1. Fox Mask
    (Fox Hunter -> Pin 13’22)
    Burning EXILE

2. The Southern Class Superstars (Jack Griffith [W], Elijah Harris and Ernie Turner)
    (Jack in the Box -> Pin 9’22)
    The Teen Dreams (Brendan Idol [L], Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking)

3. Air Attack Weasel
    (Pop Goes the Weasel -> Pin 7’59)
    Geoff Borne

4. Ángel De México and The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus)
    (Mexican Death -> Submission 11’22)
    The High Rollers (Nathaniel Ca$ino, Sammy the Shark and Ashley Grover [L])

5. UK Dragon
    (Dragon Drop -> Pin 14’01)
    Rayne Man

6. Brothers from Different Mothers (Kirk Jameson and Philippe LaGrenier) and Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan [W] and Jake Idol)
    (Cash In -> Pin 13’45)
    FREEDOM Fighters (Amo Del Gato and Tigre Salvaje Jr) and Mexico’s Most Wanted (Extraordinario Jr [L] and Mr. Lucha III)

7. The Animal Kingdom (Ant-Man [W] and Panda Mask II)
    (Antidote -> Pin 17’33)
    INVASION (Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato [L])

Thank you to everyone that has predicted during the first three shows. The results are below:

Poppers - 11/14

MaxxHexx - 15/22

John Lions - 11/22

Huntman - 9/15

MichiganHero - 5/8

SWF Fan - 3/8

Poppers and MaxxHexx have been declared joint winners and will both get to nominate a new signing each for KANZEN.

For the Trios Tournament, the overall predicting champion will help plan my next KANZEN Pro Tournament which is pencilled in for July...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio05.png

Coming off their most successful weekend as a trio, it should be no surprise to those in the KANZEN universe that The Animal Kingdom will be competing in our first Trios Tournament. Lead by Fox Mask who handed Burning EXILE his first KANZEN Pro defeat in the 'Flashing Lights' opener, Ant-Man and Panda Mask II are coming off the biggest upset in KANZEN to date and that wave of momentum could be enough to see them towards victory.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio06.png

While maybe not able to produce win-loss records to back up their confidence, Jefferson Stardust and the rest of The Awesomeness are more than happy to tell everyone just how awesome they are. Last time they competed in KANZEN, the trio actually lost to The Animal Kingdom but if you ask any of the three they'll no doubt be backing themselves to stroll through the whole tournament.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio07.png

While no doubt lacking in experience together, the trio of Rayne Man and Natural Storm could be dangerous opponents for whoever they meet in the first round. They are all talented competitors in their own right and with D.C. and Howard having forged an impressive tandem together, they may just be capable of claiming the odd scalp or two.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio08.png

Getting us to the half-way point in the team announcements is the dangerous trio of INVASION. Despite suffering tag team defeat to Ant-Man and Panda Mask II on the last KANZEN show, UK Dragon's victory over Rayne Man did mean INVASION ended the night with some glory. Despite that, the INVASION trio will be targetting the Trios Tournament as a chance to assert themselves as the top group in all of KANZEN Pro.

5. "The Animal Kingdom" - Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II

6. "The Awesomeness" - Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro

7. "Calm Before The Storm" - D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man

8. "INVASION" - Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio09.png

When we announced the KANZEN Trios Tournament we expected interest from teams across the world, but when we got a call from Sam Strong requesting a team of his get a place in the competition we knew we'd reached further than we could have imagined. And we couldn't say no to a man like Sam Strong. So we've got Captain USA and The Hillbillys coming all the way to KANZEN Pro.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio10.png

After the impressive performance of Ashley Grover on our third show, we felt compelled to allow these fine ladies into our field after they contacted us. Lead by Steph Blake the Deadlier Species, that also includes Golden Delicious and Zoe Ammis, could easily be underestimated by any male opponents they face and that makes them a very dangerous trio.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio11.png

Following on from their win on the last KANZEN show, Ángel De México and the Atlantic Connection have given themselves a complete team name and are set to be the 11th team in our sixteen team field. Having looked very competent together against The High Rollers, the Global Connection will be looking to ride that momentum towards the later nights of the three night tournament.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio12.png

Trained by Shawn Gonzalez, the three man group of The Latino Kings have been waging war in FREEDOM Championship Wrestling for nearly four years now... and given their experience together, they are probably the best versed team in our Trios Tournament field. Hector Gallindo, Rudy Velasquez and Jesus Chavez have combined in every combination through the years and are said to be licking their lips at the prospect of healthy Trios competition.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio13.png

Despite not being entirely successful so far in KANZEN Pro, we just couldn't find a way to say no to The Teen Dreams. The teeny boppers love them too much. They'd riot if we dared not include them in this competition.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio14.png

While we are aware that Nathaniel Ca$ino, Sammy the Shark and Ashley Grover lost out last month to the Global Connection, they bet us for a place in the tournament over a game of cards. While we in the KANZEN Pro office know all about the gamblers abilities around the table, we couldn't resist the challenge. Needless to say, we lost. The High Rollers are in.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio15.png

It seems the influence of Fox Mask reaches further a field than America. It gets all the way down to Mexico and even across the ocean to Japan. That's why we've found ourselves including a second Animal Kingdom squad in the Trios field. The Calamari Kid, Silver Shark and MPWF's Spanish Superfly will look to represent The Animal Kingdom just as impressively as the original trio.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/trio16.png

Rounding out the field of sixteen, we've got the unbeaten trio of Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith. The Southern Class Superstars have competed in two KANZEN Pro Trios matches so far and won them both. And knowing that their former employer Sam Sneer's new promotion is being represented elsewhere in the field, will probably only make them hungrier for victory.

5. "The Animal Kingdom" - Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II

6. "The Awesomeness" - Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro

7. "Calm Before The Storm" - D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man

8. "INVASION" - Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

9. "Team USPW" - Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly

10. "Deadlier Species" - Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis

11. "Global Connection" - Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus

12. "The Latino Kings" - Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez

13. "The Teen Dreams" - Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking

14. "The High Rollers" - Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark

15. "The Animal Kingdom II" - Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Cannonball Kid

16. "The Southern Class Superstars" - Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

I'm always a bit apprehensive when I enter a dynasty based on either KANZEN, ZEN or the real CHIKARA, since I love the product so much I'd be automatically critical if it wasn't what I expected (also the reason I've never done one myself).

This is awesome though, keep it going. :D I love the Mother Puckers, and the Teen Dreams are very similar to a trio I've got going in my "might do a dynasty later" CZCW game. Mine is based more on the Throwbacks than yours though, and includes Rod Remus instead of Van Pelt, but only because I made a concious effort not to use any ACPW guys for the first year or so. Van Pelt fits just as well.

I also love the CHIKARA-style interviews between shows (presumably posted on t'internet in the Cornellverse), and the way they're done during the shows too. It's a small detail, but not having workers "coming to the ring" and cutting promos every ten minutes adds a lot to the feel of the dynasty IMO.

I was doing these youtube type promos as pre-show segments (because bless 'em, but Brendan and Hocking aren't exactly ratings-grabbers in interviews and also because they're technically not on the shows. The live audience doesn't get to see them, so they shouldn't contribute to the show's rating). Not sure if that's what you're doing?

Some of the trios seem a bit filler, like the Global Connection, but that's not surprising (and happens in real life too. Al Snow, D'Lo Brown and Glacier? ¬_¬).

To stick true to the KoT tradition, you have to have one of your trios (or at least one member of a trio) get stuck in traffic/signed to the SWF/mysteriously no-show the event on the day of the show and be replaced by a randomly drawn worker! ¬_¬ I vote Angel de Mexico.

Oh, and of all the companies in the entire CVerse, the one I wouldn't expect to represent in the Trios Tournament, especially the first ever one, would be USPW. :p Especially since the FCW team aren't there, or anyone from CZCW, or ACPW (JVP aside).

tl;dr version: I likey, keep going and don't jack it in after a month like SDM did ¬_¬

To stick true to the KoT tradition, you have to have one of your trios (or at least one member of a trio) get stuck in traffic/signed to the SWF/mysteriously no-show the event on the day of the show and be replaced by a randomly drawn worker!

This.

Also, didn't know you were such a big Chikara guy.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m01.png

With the KANZEN Trios Tournament fast approaching, we felt it was fair that we start to announce the matches that will happen in round one. We won't be releasing the brackets because we're mysterious like that but on Night One, you will be set to see Team USPW taking on the Mother Puckers in a battle of debutants. Dagger is part of our regular roster but he hasn't made an appearance yet. Victory over a team like The Hillbillys and Captain USA would be the perfect star.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m02.png

After scoring a submission victory over the first female KANZEN competitor Ashley Grover last month, Ángel De México and the Atlantic Connection will take on the fully female trio of the Deadlier Species. Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis are all talented women by themselves but the question still remains over whether or not they can work as a team.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m03.png

Match three of the round will see The Teen Dreams pop group taking on the hard-as-nails Latino Kings. Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez don't mess around and they won't take kindly to a group of wrestlers that are trying to break onto the Billboard 100 while also forging careers for themselves in the squared circle. The thugs could force the match to get pretty messy.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m04.png

Because they hail from New Zealand, no one is really ready to give ZEN's Four Extreme Agents of the Revolution any chance of completing victory in the KANZEN Trios Tournament. But in their opponents, the F.E.A.R. trio not only have a chance to advance to the second round but with victory over the highly-rated luchadores could also put New Zealand wrestling on the map, more so than their successful YouTube video has done.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m05.png

UK Dragon defeated Rayne Man in singles action on the last KANZEN Pro show. Luckily for Rayne Man, he has the perfect opportunity to exact his revenge as his squad take on INVASION in the first round of the KANZEN Trios Tournament.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m06.png

Jack Griffith, Ernie Turner and Elijah Harris may just have drawn themselves the hardest opponents of the round. The Calamari Kid, Silver Shark and Spanish Superfly are well-known in many areas of the world for their incredible skills and with the Southern Class Superstars not as spritely as they once were, they could have a hard job slowing down the second Animal Kingdom team.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m07.png

The first Animal Kingdom squad will be busy with the High Rollers who managed to gamble their way into the field of sixteen. Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II are riding on arguably the biggest of momentum in their careers and will be pretty confident about reaching the second round.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s04m08.png

That leaves only two squads without opponents, and they are Los Phoenix and The Awesomeness. The legendary line of OLLIE stars have been teaming together since their staggered debuts and that makes them the most experienced Lucha Libre trio in the field; but they will be across the ring from the most confident trio in the field as well. Jefferson Stardust will no doubt see potential victory over the Phoenix line-up as a future hallmark moment in his fledging career.

"KANZEN Trios Tournament : Night One" - Thursday Week 2, March 2010

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Dagger, Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Cyanide, Halloween Knight and Necromancer

D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Cannonball Kid versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II versus Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Dagger, Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert

The talentless, yet popular USPWers stick around

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis

ADM carries his team

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez

Matt Hocking and Brendan Idol both annoy the hell out of me

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Cyanide, Halloween Knight and Necromancer

Extraordinario is no Ordinario Superstar

D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

Can see an Invasion/Animal Kingdom matchup in the future rounds

Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Cannonball Kid versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Undefeated team gets the edge

Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II versus Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark

Superior team gets the edge

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro

The Phoeni are one of the biggest names you have going into this

"KANZEN Trios Tournament : Night One" - Thursday Week 2, March 2010

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Dagger, Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert So many tough to call matches! I am gonna do terrible in my picks.

Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis Sara Del Rey is the only woman who stands a chance against the men.

Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez More experience.

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Cyanide, Halloween Knight and Necromancer A local talent win.

D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon Giving Rayne man more angst.

Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Cannonball Kid versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith Then you can use the new guys for special other matches.

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro lol at the thought of them losing.

Guest Poppers

Because I love The Gilberts

I'm guessing their gonna do well if only to show that even women can compete in KANZEN to a good level, also personally I'd prefer these 3 on performance than the other 3

Rudy is my current favourite character in the whole C-Verse, so Thugs for the win in this thing

You won't fly them over to lose straight away, there would be no point

Main event calibre talents really in this group, so they'll have to do well

Would Cougar Mask not have made a better pic to go in the Animal Kingdom 2

I haven't picked a face team to win yet :p

Same reason as above. Monteiro for the loss

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/KANZEN.jpg

KANZEN Trios Tournament 2010: Night One

Thursday Week 2, March 2010

Jerry’s Basement, Hawaii

Team USPW (Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly) versus Mother Puckers (Dagger, Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert) – The first Trios Tournament kicked off with a battle of nations with Team United States Pro Wrestling taking on the all-Canadian trio of The Gilbert Brothers and Dagger. The loveable Hillbillies and their patriotic partner were well-backed by the KANZEN crowd as they engaged in battle with the Canucks. Team USPW were much slower around the ring than their opponents but when they hit any of the Canadians, they made sure to do damage with their blows. After clubbing Dagger across the chest, Al the Hillbilly hit his jumping Southern Legdrop on the Mother Puckers team captain to send them through to the quarter finals. E+

HALLOWEEN KNIGHT: “You know... When I first saw the draw for this match... I started to panic... Here we are; travelling all the way from New Zealand to take part in a Trios tournament and we end up drawn against three of the most watched wrestlers on the internet. Three men that as each day passes are recruiting more and more subscribers to their movement... Oh no wait... That’s us!”

Necromancer grunts.

Cyanide cackles.

HALLOWEEN KNIGHT: “Here was me thinking that Mexico’s Most Wanted must be considered the favourites for this match when... In fact; I feel sure that we are the most well-known team in this whole god-damn thing! We are stars across the world! Across the whole globe! And we’re headed straight for the tournament finals that why we haven’t booked our returns back home until the end of the month!” E-

Mexico’s Most Wanted (Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad) versus F.E.A.R. (Cyanide, Halloween Knight and Necromancer) – As the match kicks off, it’s soon clear that the majority of the crowd are keen to see F.E.A.R. in action. And it is the New Zealand trio that force much of the early action displaying lucha skills not expected of them. Halloween Knight and Cyanide produce a number of slick aerial moves that have Mr. Lucha III bamboozled before the hotly-tipped Mexicans get their act together. Velocidad is a worthy addition to their ranks and he quickly shows the same promise as his partners with some confident wrestling before Mr. Lucha III plants Cyanide with the Third Strike to dump the ZEN team out of the competition at the first hurdle. D-

Global Connection (Ángel De México, Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus) versus Deadlier Species (Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis) – The Deadlier Species took a while to get into their showdown with the Global Connection. Having teamed together last month Ángel, CJ and Riley had a much better understanding and tried to make the most of it. Of course the women proved they are no pushovers and were soon matching all three men around the ring. The only exception was in the power stakes but given that the Global Connection are not known for their brawling ability, they were unable to effectively put away the all female squad. They had chances but didn’t take them before Zoe Ammis scooped Ángel De México into her Confidential Matters DDT for a victory against the tide of the match. E+

PHOENIX I: “Good favourable fans in the afternoon of KANZEN. My name is Phoenix and the people any side of me is the best team of the history of the Mexican wrestling. We expect to find you in exciting spirits. Of course this is exciting for you. This is the tournament of the trios. Who is there of you that wouldn’t be looking ahead to this? I know that we are. And we are looking at really ahead to give ours all while we compete in America by the first time. I feel that confidant Los Phoenix can be more brilliant than the Awesomeness!” E

Los Phoenix (Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III) versus The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro) w/Lisa Bowen – Despite being defeated last month by The Animal Kingdom, The Awesomeness showed no signs of having lost any of their swaggers. The brash trio strutted to their ring for their showdown with the historic Los Phoenix and despite the OLLIE trios’ reputation, Jefferson Stardust and his partners were not to be put off. It was the leader of The Awesomeness that actually led the line for his team. Unlike their match last month when Stardust stayed out of the ring, he seemed prepared to go toe-to-toe with Phoenix I and his two protégés though; he was on the wrong end of an uphill struggle. Given the lucha libre rules behind the match and their sheer amount of experience together, it wasn’t long before Los Phoenix had The Awesomeness scrambling. The American put up a spirited early fight against the multi-time OLLIE Champions but the sheer number of multi-man combinations that Los Phoenix were able to conjure up meant that they were always strong favourites for the win. Soon enough, Phoenix II planted Huey Cannonball with the Phoenix Splash to send the OLLIE team into the last eight. E+

The Teen Dreams (Brendan Idol, Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking) versus The Latino Kings (Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez) – Following the rather slick contest between Los Phoenix and The Awesomeness, the Trios Tournament got a little untidy as the ruthless Latino Kings rolled into town. Seemingly tasking themselves with rearranging the beautiful faces of The Teen Dreams, Jesus Chavez and Hector Gallindo were particularly aggressive with the jaws of JVP and Hocking before Rudy Velasquez gave the Teen Dreams an opponent they knew how to compete with. Brendan Idol and Van Pelt gave Velasquez more than a few headaches with their aerial prowess before a sneaky lucha tag by the Kings saw Chavez bring JVP crashing back to earth with a savage clothesline. The big swing in momentum played right into the hands of the FCW trio and that allowed Chavez to eventually drop Idol with the 187 Neckbreaker. D

FOX MASK: “Last month I stood right here and peered through the curtain with enormous pride rushing through my veins. To see my men... My chosen warriors of the Animal Kingdom defeating Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato when no-one would even consider that they had a chance. They announced to the world of wrestling that they have arrived. Ant-Man and Panda Mask are not two faceless wonders that rock up to make the crowd smile. They are not curtain jerking entertainment acts. They are instead... going to stand alongside me as we reach the pinnacle of Trios competition; and it all starts against the sneaky High Rollers! Come on boys... Let’s do this!” D

The Animal Kingdom (Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II) versus The High Rollers (Ashley Grover, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark) – Having been badly found out by Ángel De México’s Mexican Death last month, Ashley Grover made sure she started the match for The High Rollers and tried to prove herself. No doubt spurred on by the victory for the all-female team earlier in the show, she didn’t hold back from the fight though as soon as Ant-Man started to spin with her high above his head, Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark kicked themselves into action. The two gamblers quickly caught the attention of the referee and got themselves into the match, evening matters up. An even battle was fought from there; before Zoe Ammis stepped out of the backstage area and started to shout at Grover. The female star booted Panda Mask II in the mid-section and then headed for the ropes to respond to Ammis. However Ammis retreated before Grover could vent her retort and when he turned back to the centre of the ring, she was slapped into the Panda Claw and forced to tap out for the second match in a row. D

Calm before the Storm (D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man) versus INVASION (Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon) – In the penultimate first round match, Rayne Man and his Natural Storm looked really unpractised together as they started their showdown with the hotly-tipped trio of INVASION. A number of early tags that happened when one or the other partner didn’t know about it clearly indicated that they weren’t on the same page. Naturally that played into the foreigners’ hands and they were able to dominate a lot of the early action. Gradually though, the Tecnico squad did get their act together even if it was a little too late. The strong start for INVASION saw them through with Hell Monkey rounding out the victory by hitting the Hell Fire Kick on Rayne Man. After the match, Natural Storm tried to pick the defeated Rayne Man up but the frustrated man simply shoved his namesake away and made sure to make his own way backstage. D+

The Animal Kingdom II (Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Calamari Kid) versus The Southern Class Superstars (Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith) w/Julie Forletta – With the show arriving at the main event, there was a real buzz in the crowd that they were going to see a special main event as the Southern Class Superstars took on Fox Mask’s second squad of Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and the former Underwater Union member The Calamari Kid. And it was the Trio that are all now based in Mexico that enjoyed the brighter start as they continued on from where their Animal Kingdom counterparts had left off against The High Rollers. Their innovative and attractive styles meant that they were quickly backed by the crowd as they really went for Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith. But given the experience that the Southern Class Superstars possess, they didn’t panic. They simply waited on an opportunity to show itself and when it did, ‘Southern Justice’ grabbed Silver Shark and threw him into the SCS corner. That allowed to Griffith to swing the match back into the favour of his squad and though they couldn’t corner Silver Shark forever, after a quick flurry of tags from both sides left bodies mangled on all sides of the ring, it came down to The Calamari Kid and Jack Griffith. With no partners to call on, both men went for the jugular and after ducking the Sea Food, Griffith pulled the Jack in the Box out... and got the pinfall to claim the last place in the quarter finals. D+

Show Rating: D

“Trios Tournament 2010: Night One” Results
  1. Team USPW (Al the Hillbilly [W], Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly)
    (Southern Legdrop -> Pin 9’04)
    Mother Puckers (Dagger [L], Jesse Gilbert and Joe Gilbert)

2. Mexico’s Most Wanted (Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III [W] and Velocidad)
    (Third Strike -> Pin 10’15)
    F.E.A.R. (Cyanide [L], Halloween Knight and Necromancer)

3. The Deadlier Species (Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis [W])
    (Confidential Matters -> Pin 9’34)
    Global Connection (Ángel De México [L], Curtis Jenkins and Riley McManus)

4. Los Phoenix (Phoenix I, Phoenix II [W] and Phoenix III)
    (Phoenix Splash -> Pin 11’43)
    The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball [L], Jefferson Stardust and Roger Monteiro)

5. The Latino Kings (Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez [W] and Rudy Velasquez)
    (187 Neckbreaker -> Pin 10’26)
    The Teen Dreams (Brendan Idol [L], Jayson Van Pelt and Matt Hocking)

6. The Animal Kingdom (Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II [W])
    (Panda Claw -> Submission 8’20)
    The High Rollers (Ashley Grover [L], Nathaniel Ca$ino and Sammy the Shark)

7. INVASION (Hell Monkey [W], Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon)
    (Hell Fire Kick -> Pin 14’13)
    Calm before the Storm (D.C. Rayne, Eddie Howard and Rayne Man [L])

8. The Southern Class Superstars (Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith [W])
    (Jack in the Box -> Pin 17’44)
    The Animal Kingdom II (Silver Shark, Spanish Superfly and The Calamari Kid [L])

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m01.png

The Trios Torunament reaches the quarter finals stages with the clash of the two most experienced teams in the field. Phoenix I has had a hand in training the two men that stand alongside him which means they know each other inside out while The Latino Kings all learned to wrestle together. Both teams have stood together right from their first day in wrestling which means they barely need to communicate in the ring and also means they are hard to divide and conquer. It will take something special to put each other down.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m02.png

Having put in an impressive debut in the first round, Velocidad will no doubt need to be at his best when he and his partners come up against INVASION in the second round. Hell Monkey and Kazuma Narato put recent disappointments behind them with a solid victory in the first round but in Mexico's Most Wanted, they are standing opposite a very skilled Lucha trio.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m07.png

With eight defeated teams from the first round floating around, we thought its only right to give them something to do. As such, we announced a secondary tournament featuring two four-way qualifying matches. Fought under elimination rules, the two winning entrants will compete on night three to become the first Spirit of KANZEN tournament winner. The first qualifier will feature Ángel De México, Spanish Superfly, Jesse Gilbert and F.E.A.R. star Necromancer.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m05.png

Despite an opening show victory over Kirk Jameson, Rayne Man has dropped falls on the previous three KANZEN shows. On the second night of our Trios Tournament he's got a chance to respond in the best possible fashion as he clashes with Sammy the Shark in the High Rollers' first singles KANZEN match.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m03.png

The third Trios Tournament quarter final will see the all-Animal team of The Animal Kingdom taking on the all-female team of Deadlier Species. We really couldn't make this up. Oh wait; we did.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m04.png

Rounding out the second round we've got a match that may not be seen as a potential show stealer but could be the most competitive match of the night. The Southern Class Superstars of Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith will take on a team that work alongside their former employer, Team USPW. Sam Sneer, the former own of Southern Class Championship Wrestling, will no doubt be keeping an eye on how his former men do against the man that he now calls colleagues. There may even be some resentment from the men that haven't quite put SCCW behind them.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m08.png

In the second Spirit of KANZEN qualifier, we've put Brendan Idol, Geoff 'Air' Borne, Joe Gilbert and The Awesomeness leader Jefferson Stardust in the four corners of the ring. Should be high-flying and entertaining.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/flatvanawful/kanzen/s05m06.png

Rounding out the second night of the KANZEN Trios Tournament will be the tag team showdown between the new Underwater Union and the F.E.A.R. team of Cyanide and Halloween Knight. The Calamari Kid and Silver Shark who were both said to be very disappointed about crashing out of the Trios Tournament will team against the ZEN pairing that alongside Necromancer, scored themselves a lot of fans with their performance even if their underhand actions doesn't make them good guys.

"KANZEN Trios Tournament : Night Two" - Tuseday Week 3, March 2010

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Ángel De México versus Spanish Superfly versus Jesse Gilbert versus Necromancer

Brendan Idol versus Geoff Borne versus Jefferson Stardust versus Joe Gilbert

Rayne Man versus Sammy the Shark

Silver Shark and The Calamari Kid versus Cyanide and Halloween Knight

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez I think they will lose in the finals.

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon Best three you have.

Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis They will go far.

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith Heel power!

Ángel De México versus Spanish Superfly versus Jesse Gilbert versus Necromancer Best worker.

Brendan Idol versus Geoff Borne versus Jefferson Stardust versus Joe Gilbert Random guess.

Rayne Man versus Sammy the Shark Keeping the losing streak going.

Silver Shark and The Calamari Kid versus Cyanide and Halloween Knight From the sounds of it you are keeping them around.

Oh and so I saw you were starting up another dynasty too? What's up with that?

Phoenix I, Phoenix II and Phoenix III versus Hector Gallindo, Jesus Chavez and Rudy Velasquez

Extraordinario Jr, Mr. Lucha III and Velocidad versus Hell Monkey, Kazuma Narato and UK Dragon

Ant-Man, Fox Mask and Panda Mask II versus Golden Delicious, Steph Blake and Zoe Ammis

Al the Hillbilly, Captain USA and Pete the Hillbilly versus Elijah Harris, Ernie Turner and Jack Griffith

Ángel De México versus Spanish Superfly versus Jesse Gilbert versus Necromancer

Guest Poppers

Ángel De México versus Spanish Superfly versus Jesse Gilbert versus Necromancer(runner-up

Archived