A Sad Day for Metal Fans Worldwide

Ragin Cajun

Way off topic for a game site but as a metal head I mourn the passing of arguably the greatest metal vocalist of all time. Ronnie James Dio passed away from stomach cancer this morning.

If you weren't aware, he is the acknowledged founder of the "devil horns" salute that all metal fans know.

RIP Ronnie.

Way off topic for a game site but as a metal head I mourn the passing of arguably the greatest metal vocalist of all time. Ronnie James Dio passed away from stomach cancer this morning.

If you weren't aware, he is the acknowledged founder of the "devil horns" salute that all metal fans know.

RIP Ronnie.

Indeed, Rainbow were never the same without him.

RIP Ronnie, Long Live Rock 'n' Roll.

One of the greatest metal singers of all time. Rainbow, Heaven and Hell, Dio, Black Sabbath. He was a true icon for millions. When I saw him last. He looked great. Such a shame. At least he is in a better place. Explaining the Devil Horns to God.

One of the greatest metal singers of all time. Rainbow, Heaven and Hell, Dio, Black Sabbath. He was a true icon for millions. When I saw him last. He looked great. Such a shame. At least he is in a better place. Explaining the Devil Horns to God.

You forgot Elf! That was back when Dio's voice was at it's best.

I was really saddened by this :(

Will never forget being in the front row to see Heaven and Hell at the Spectrum.

There isn't a hole deep enough to put the wackos in. For once i think that if they do protest Dio's funeral that they will much more than they bargained for. Metal fans take what they love to extremes all the time, this time it might go a lot father than just insults and curse words.

I hope nothing happens and that people ignore those worthless wastes. I hope that Metal rises above the hate and simply pays their respects to a true Metal God. A man that loved what he did and loved his family and fans. I know i loved his music and am a fan. I know that if there is truly a god and a heaven, that RJD is there, rocking his heart out.

There isn't a hole deep enough to put the wackos in. For once i think that if they do protest Dio's funeral that they will much more than they bargained for. Metal fans take what they love to extremes all the time, this time it might go a lot father than just insults and curse words.

I hope nothing happens and that people ignore those worthless wastes. I hope that Metal rises above the hate and simply pays their respects to a true Metal God. A man that loved what he did and loved his family and fans. I know i loved his music and am a fan. I know that if there is truly a god and a heaven, that RJD is there, rocking his heart out.

In the Midwest some crazy church started protesting dead soldiers funerals. Though not over the war, it was over gay rights or abortions or something not war related at all (quite confusing). So a bunch of bikers started showing up and making sure they stayed far enough away from the churches and cemeteries.

In the Midwest some crazy church started protesting dead soldiers funerals. Though not over the war, it was over gay rights or abortions or something not war related at all (quite confusing). So a bunch of bikers started showing up and making sure they stayed far enough away from the churches and cemeteries.

They had something here on the east like that too. They had some stuff at the unknown soldiers tomb where people were protesting the fallen soldiers rights. Really made me super mad.

Westboro Baptist Church. They're crazy, but they're also very smart people. They're a family full of lawyers.

Not just SOME crazy church. THIS crazy church.

And man oh man how I hate hearing of these scum. Even though I have since backslidden and don't really even pretend to practice anymore, I have great sympathy for the Christian religion. Growing up I was always in church circles and the folks I dealt with always tried to be good, sympathetic people. Toward the end of my "walk", I fell in with a somewhat hardcore group who didn't always succeed at walking their love talk. But even in that situation, they were never so misguided you couldn't see them making the attempt.

These Westboro people are a whole nother topic entirely. There is clearly no love in their hearts and you'd have to name something really horrible for me to not wish it on them. It's scum like this that form the image of Christianity for the never-saved and lead to all the hatred for Christians you see around the 'Net. It's scum like this that make underinformed people not listen when I try to broaden their horizons on the subject of Christians from a base of experience.

I just don't get how we bulldoze the Branch Davidians and let a sect this destructive live. They want to talk about false gods and prophets? Prophets don't get any falser than the ones at Westboro. Not even when they establish their media empire out of Virginia Beach.

Archived