"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Two, Week Thirteen

January 10, 2011

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

Two spots have been claimed; only four tickets remain for this season's playoffs! Hello once again, League fans and wrestlers alike! Tori Montgomery here, ready to get you caught up and ready for next week!

Some shuffling of the divisional standings, some minor tweaks to the top six, and some narrowing of deficits mean that we are far from done yet. After the chaos from the card last week, let's look at the fallout and see where we stand....

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS: AFTER WEEK ELEVEN

One division champion is confirmed, with every other division set up to possibly be clinched this coming week, as you'll see below...

ALPHA DIVISION

Y-1. Nuclear Templeton (8-4, 4.417 AMR)

2. SGRaaize (5-7, 5.000 AMR)

3. Robbie Maynard (5-7, 4.833 AMR)

4. Ly Quang Bao (5-7, 3.417 AMR)

Y—Clinched Divisional Title

(The logjam is broken as follows: Raaize has the better combined record against Bao and Maynard (2-1, Bao 2-2, Maynard 1-2). The resulting Maynard/Bao tie for third is broken by AMR, as the season series is split 1-1 and both have a 2-3 Alpha Division record.)

BETA DIVISION

1. Sebastian Moore (8-4, 2.833 AMR)

2. Maxx Skabb (7-5, 4.500 AMR)

3. Shawn Arrows (3-9, 5.333 AMR)

4. Thor Hammerskald (3-9, 5.250 AMR)

(Tie broken by Arrows' season sweep over Hammerskald.)

GAMMA DIVISION

X-1. Sean (10-2, 3.250 AMR)

2. The Phoenix (9-3, 3.833 AMR)

3. Tarik Nolan (8-4, 6.167 AMR)

4. El Demonio de Sangre (3-9, 3.833 AMR)

X—Clinched Playoff Berth

DELTA DIVISION

1. Johnny Triumph (8-4, 4.583 AMR)

2. Scott Stevens (6-6, 4.583 AMR)

3. Diamond (5-7, 5.083 AMR)

4. Super Century (3-9, 4.750 AMR)

THE CURRENT PLAYOFF PICTURE:

DIVISION LEADERS:

1. Sean (Gamma): 10-2

2. Johnny Triumph (Delta): 8-4

3. Nuclear Templeton (Alpha, clinched): 8-4

4. Sebastian Moore (Beta): 8-4

(Triumph earns the #2 seed due to his 4-1 Divisional record versus Nuclear/Moore's 3-2. Templeton claims the #3 seed with a victory over Moore in week )

WILD CARDS:

5. The Phoenix (9-3)

6. Tarik Nolan (8-4)

IN THE HUNT:

7. Maxx Skabb (7-5)

8. Scott Stevens (6-6)

(NOTE: Anyone not listed here has been eliminated from playoff contention.)

CLINCH SCENARIOS

ALPHA DIVISION: Nuclear Templeton has clinched the division. At worst, he is the #4 seed, and next week I will post the scenarios possible for him to earn a first-round bye in the playoffs.

BETA DIVISION: Two people are in contention for this division.

• Sebastian Moore (8-4) clinches with a win, as he has the tie-breaker over Maxx Skabb.
  • Maxx Skabb clinches with wins this week and next week, AND losses by Moore this week and next week. This scenario would have Skabb finishing at 9-5, Moore 8-6, and thus winning the division. A tied record gives the division to Moore, as Moore beat Skabb twice this season.

GAMMA DIVISION: This one is a doozy, folks. Three people can still win this division. Here's how each of them can do just that:

• Sean (10-2) clinches the division and a first-round bye by defeating The Phoenix this week. This would give Sean a two-match lead over second place with one to go (insurmountable lead).
  • The Phoenix (9-3) needs to defeat Sean this week, and win next week to clinch the division and also a first-round bye. In this scenario, Phoenix would hold a 2-0 head-to-head tiebreaker over Sean, and would clinch regardless of Sean's result in week 14.
  • Tarik Nolan (8-4) needs ALL of the following to happen in order to win the division:
    * Win both his remaining matches
    * Phoenix defeats Sean this week
    * Phoenix loses in week fourteen
    * Sean loses in week fourteen.
    This scenario gives the tie-breaker to Nolan, as all three men would be tied at 10-4, and Nolan would be 3-1 against the men he'd be tied with (Phoenix 2-2, Sean 1-3). This is the only scenario for Nolan to clinch—if any of the above conditions do not happen, he's out of the divisional race.

DELTA DIVISION: This one is real simple. Only two people are in this hunt, and they face each other this week.

• Johnny Triumph (8-4) clinches with a win over Scott Stevens this week (insurmountable three-match lead).
  • Scott Stevens (6-6) needs to beat Triumph this week, win next week, and have Triumph lose next week. In addition, Stevens' week 14 match must have a higher match rating than Triumph's, or he loses the tie-breaker. This scenario plays out as follows: head-to-head is tied at 1-1, divisional record is tied at 4-2. Their AMR will be the same after this week as they are tied at the moment and are facing each other. If Stevens wins, Triumph loses, and both have the same match rating, it will come down to seasonal winnings, which Triumph has all but locked up and thus would win the final tie-breaker.

DIRECTOR'S NOTE: I've done the calculations already. Triumph leads the seasonal earnings by about $720 at the moment. The ONLY way Stevens could win a fourth-tier tie-breaker is to have back-to-back A* Matches of the Night. This would give him the final tie-breaker, should all other conditions remain tied, by a hair over $7.

WILD CARD: The Phoenix clinches a wild card spot at worst with a win OR a Maxx Skabb loss this week.

Tarik Nolan clinches a wild card spot at worst with a win AND a Maxx Skabb loss this week.

CHANGES IN POPULARITY: JAPAN--KINKI

INCREASED

Johnny Triumph: 18.2650 -> 27.0437

Thor Hammerskald: 18.0000 -> 23.8880

El Demonio de Sangre: 19.0000 -> 20.6958

Robbie Maynard: 18.0680 -> 20.4937

The Phoenix: 16.7120 -> 19.0540

Nuclear Templeton: 14.3610 -> 18.4940

Tarik Nolan: 11.5640 -> 17.3050

Diamond: 14.9240 -> 15.7410

Ly Quang Bao: 12.0000 -> 14.4275

DECREASED

Maxx Skabb: 19.9040 -> 17.9820

SGRaaize: 15.5960 -> 14.6847

Super Century: 15.0000 -> 14.5225

Sean: 15.0000 -> 13.3250

Sebastian Moore: 18.0000 -> 13.1750

Scott Stevens: 15.0000 -> 9.9720

Shawn Arrows: 8.6360 -> 7.3318

BY THE NUMBERS

LEAGUE LEADERS: BRAWLING ABILITY

1. Thor Hammerskald

2. Maxx Skabb

3. Johnny Triumph

4. Tarik Nolan

5. Sebastian Moore

LEAGUE LEADERS: CHAIN WRESTLING

1. Johnny Triumph

2. Super Century

3. SGRaaize

4. The Phoenix

5. Tarik Nolan

LEAGUE NEWS

Only one item this week...I've been given very few details, but I do have confirmation that Commissioner Colt Marshall has approved The League's second managerial permit for next season. I've yet to be given any details about the person in question, but I can confirm that this new manager will be in the corner of The League's lone female wrestler, Diamond, during Season Three.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

I'm putting a slight change to the results format, as you'll see below. In addition to total points, I will now be including the past week's score, so the readers can see how well their favorite fared against the current leaders.

Two scores of seven points this week top the weekly leaderboard, though the top four remain unchanged....

1. I Effin Rule: 67 points (7 last week)

T-2. Prophet: 62 points (6 last week)

T-2. Tori Montgomery: 62 points (7 last week)

4. derek_b: 59 points (5 last week)

T-5. moon_lit_tears: 56 points (3 last week)

T-5. Ranson: 56 points (6 last week)

7. masterded: 55 points (5 last week)

8. SeanMcG: 49 points (2 last week)

9. Jman2k3: 48 points (2 last week)

10. Dangrel: 47 points (6 last week)

11. Wrestling Century: 46 points (5 last week)

12. Jaded: 33 points (0 last week)

13. TheKenwyne: 30 points (0 last week)

14. Toasty: 4 points (0 last week)

15. Arrows: 3 points (0 last week)

With two weeks plus the playoffs remaining, 28 points remain up for grabs.

This is the final week of our Japanese tour, as we roll into Yokohama. As has been the case over the last month or so, the same rules apply.

WEEK THIRTEEN: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (Japan—Kanto)

(Strong Style match, Strict Rules Enforcement, ref bumps allowed)

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: Ly Quang Bao (5-7, 6%) vs. Shawn Arrows (3-9, 12%)

Current Odds: Arrows 4-5 (favorite), Bao 5-4

Bao picked up a win last week, and finds himself once more in the opening match of the night against the veteran Shawn Arrows. This could be a closer match than I expect, but I have to give the nod to the vet here.

Tori's Pick: Shawn Arrows, 14:20, B-

CAGE MATCH: SGRaaize (5-7, 15%) vs. Thor Hammerskald (3-9, 11%)

Current Odds: Raaize 3-4 (Favorite), Hammerskald 7-4

Both men are eliminated from playoff contention, and are wrestling for pride now. Raaize is the League veteran in this one, and can wrestle circles around Hammerskald as long as he stays out of the powerful reach of Thor. I've got Raaize determined to at least finish the season with an even record.

Tori's Pick: SGRaaize, 11:50, C

GAMMA DIVISION: El Demonio de Sangre (3-9, 15%) vs. Tarik Nolan (8-4, 15%)

Current Odds: Nolan 2-3 (Favorite), Demonio 13-9

I think Vegas has this one dead on, folks. Nolan is looking to end the season with a 5-1 Gamma Division record, and I think he does it with ease this week.

Tori's Pick: Tarik Nolan, via pinfall (Regulator), 9:20, D

Nuclear Templeton (8-4, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (7-5, 15%)

Current Odds: Templeton 9-10 (favorite), Skabb 11-10

The only advantage is that Templeton went 2-0 last season against Skabb. Otherwise, these two match up rather evenly on paper. This could be the Match of the Night, folks, and I'm picking Skabb to at least remain alive in the Beta Division hunt for at least a little while.

Tori's Pick: Maxx Skabb, via pinfall (Lethal Injection), 18:30, A

Robbie Maynard (5-7, 15%) vs. Sebastian Moore (8-4, 15%)

Current Odds: Moore 7-10 (favorite), Maynard 13-9

First meeting between these two, and the only advantage I can see Maynard having is is superior stamina. Otherwise, Moore is going to out-fight, out-wrestle, and basically out-do Maynard in general here. Maxx Skabb's short-lived dreams of Beta Division dominance end here with Maynard tapping out.

Tori's Pick: Sebastian Moore, via submission (Chonan Lock), 14:20, C+

DELTA DIVISION: Super Century (3-9, 15%) vs. Diamond (5-7, 15%)

Current Odds: Pick 'em (no favorite)

Diamond won their last match-up, and once again this is just a matter of pride. I actually have Century with an ability edge over Diamond, but that didn't stop her last time. Calling for history to repeat here.

Tori's Pick: Diamond, via pinfall (Diamond in the Sky), 16:30, B+

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (10-2, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (9-3, 15%)

This is a potential clinching match for Sean—a win and he's the Gamma Division champion. Sean won their match last season, Phoenix has beaten Sean more recently. It's going to come down to body condition, I think, and the key match-up is Phoenix's legs versus Sean's torso. It's about equal, but I give the slight nod to Phoenix on this one, and think he'll be able to see off the challenge once again to send the Gamma Division race to week 14 with the top three still able to win the title.

Tori's Pick: The Phoenix, via submission (Eternal Requiem), 17:50, B

DELTA DIVISION: Scott Stevens (6-6, 20%) vs. Johnny Triumph (8-4, 15%)

Triumph won this match earlier in the season; but Stevens will be desperate for a victory when the bell sounds. This is also a potential clinching match—and in this case, I see the clinch happening. Stevens' slide continues, as he falls out of the playoff hunt with a whimper and a few taps of the mat.

Tori's Pick: Johnny Triumph, via submission (Horns of VIctory), 14:20, C-

The regular season concludes next week in northern Mexico...who will be enjoying the warm weather as divisional champions? Find out next week, wrestling fans! Until then, this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

================================

TRAINING PM'S DUE BY 8:00 PM FRIDAY, 14 JANUARY / 1:00 AM SATURDAY, 15 JANUARY

PREDICTIONS DUE BY 8:00 PM SATURDAY, 15 JANUARY / 1:00 AM SUNDAY, 16 JANUARY

You didn't ask for them, but you got them anyway...

WEEK THIRTEEN TEASERS

• Despite the long, drawn-out Strong Style, two matches finished in less than 3:30 each!
  • Match of the Night: a 14-minute affair that outshone a pair of 20+ minute matches.
  • Three Divisions were up for clinching this week. At least one of those divisions was clinched this week...
  • ...as well as at least one division going down to the regular season finale to be clinched! It's just getting interesting, folks!

GAMMA DIVISION: El Demonio de Sangre (3-9, 15%) vs.Tarik Nolan (8-4, 15%)

Season Two, Week Thirteen

Yokohama, Japan

January 15, 2011

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxBiUbCP8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object> THE LEAGUE: WEEK THIRTEEN

The cheers are deafening as the camera cuts to the interior of the Yokohama Arena as 17,000 fans has packed the venue for the final leg of this season's Japanese tour. As the pyro finishes the traditional welcoming display, we go to ringside and our usual crew.

Bob Sinclair: For the last time this season, welcome to Japan and this week's episode of The League! Bob Sinclair sitting at ringside, along with Frankie Garnett, and tonight will go a long way towards determining who makes the playoffs, Frankie!

Frankie Garnett: No kidding, Bob. The Alpha Division has been clinched already, the other three divisions can be locked up tonight as well as both wild card positions. We could head into Mexico next week just needing to determine the seeding, Bob!

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: Ly Quang Bao (5-7) vs. Shawn Arrows (3-9)

Bob Sinclair: And we're not going to waste any time tonight, ladies and gentlemen, as we start with what should be an excellent match.

Frankie Garnett: We're starting with violence already? Oh, hell yes! Let's get to it!

Bob Sinclair: You heard the man, Amelia. Take it away!

The bell sounds.

Amelia Williams: Ladies and gentlemen, our opening contest of week thirteen is a First Blood match! The only way to win is to cause your opponent to bleed!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening notes of Linkin Park's "Numb" hit as he emerges from backstage, casting his gaze over the largely jeering crowd before flipping them the bird and dashing down the entrance ramp, diving under the bottom rope and into the ring.

Amelia Williams: Introducing first, from Raleigh, North Carolina, weighing 212 pounds...Shawn Arrows!

Bob Sinclair: I continue to hear rumors, but nothing more concrete than that, about Arrows not returning next season, Frankie. Have you heard anything?

Frankie Garnett: No, I have not. He's been real tight-lipped backstage; and I heard he even got into a shoving match with tonight's opponent before the show began.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyxX3tNkodY?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Psykosonik's "Panik Kontrol" echoes throughout the arena as our next participant emerges, nearly hidden in a cloud of red smoke. As the beat continues, he sprints down the aisle, leaping onto the apron and somersaulting over the top rope, coming to a halt in the middle of the ring and looking ready to fight as the song fades.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Bien Hoa, Vietnam, weighing 177 pounds...Ly Quang Bao!

Bob Sinclair: It's no secret that Bao has said he's leaving after this season, and among the audience I noted several high-ranking officials from PGHW in attendance. You have to think that Bao is looking to make an impression here.

Frankie Garnett: If it involves violence, then I approve wholeheartedly!

Ly Quang Bao hit the Forearm Blow

Shawn Arrows took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Shawn Arrows hit the Punch

Shawn Arrows hit the Back Kick

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Dropkick missed!

The Punch was countered into a Arm Drag.

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Senton missed!

Ly Quang Bao hit the Knee Pull

Ly Quang Bao applied the Rear Seated Chinlock

Ly Quang Bao hit the Stomp

Ly Quang Bao applied the Knee Bar

Ly Quang Bao hit the Knee Pull

Ly Quang Bao hit the Stomp

Shawn Arrows moved and the Snap Driving Elbow missed!

Ly Quang Bao broke the Surfboard.

Ly Quang Bao hit the Charging Forearm

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Shawn Arrows hit the Arm Drag

Shawn Arrows hit the Senton

Ly Quang Bao moved and the Stomp missed!

Ly Quang Bao hit the Strong Open Handed Chop

Ly Quang Bao hit the Mounted Elbow Smashes

Shawn Arrows is busted open.

Frankie Garnett: What in the [censored]?!?!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of three minutes and twenty seconds...Ly Quang Bao!

Bob Sinclair: Bao wasting no time here, as he pulls out the victory in an incredibly quick time!

Frankie Garnett: That's not fair! First Blood matches are supposed to take a while, so we can enjoy the violence! I feel robbed!

CAGE MATCH: SGRaaize (5-7) vs. Thor Hammerskald (3-9)

Bob Sinclair: Would a cage match help calm you down, Frankie?

Frankie Garnett: Not really, but it beats nothing.

Bob Sinclair: Then that's what you're getting. Amelia?

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-UbViuK4fY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Amon Amarth's "Death in Fire" hits the speakers, to a decent ovation as the League rookie emerges from backstage, looking every bit the part of a Viking warrior as he strides to the ring with a determined look on his face.

Amelia Williams: Our next match is a steel cage match, in which the only way to win is to escape the cage! Introducing first, from Oslo, Norway, weighing 310 pounds...Thor Hammerskald!

Bob Sinclair: Hammerskald has confirmed that he will be back for next season, though one has to wonder if he'll have a turn-around like Phoenix did coming into this season.

Frankie Garnett: If he takes some illegal supplements—

Bob Sinclair: No. Just...no, Frankie.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuokfaRcR8?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> A Portugesa hits the speakers to a rousing chorus of jeers as the Tron displays the national flag of Portugal. Emerging from the entryway, he turns to salute his homeland's flag before calmly walking to the ring, ignoring the fans as he enters the cage and bounces off the ropes a couple of times to stretch.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Torres Vedras, Portugal, weighing 231 pounds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair: Raaize has not confirmed whether he is returning for a third season, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. He seems to be right on the cusp of being a major player in The League.

Frankie Garnett: Not to mention the revenue he brings in from the Portuguese population!

SGRaaize hit the Running Clothesline

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

SGRaaize hit the Knee Pull

SGRaaize applied the Arm Bar

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

SGRaaize hit the Stomp

SGRaaize applied the Arm Bar

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

SGRaaize applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Thor Hammerskald blocked the American Figure Four Leglock.

SGRaaize applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Thor Hammerskald counters by fighting back.

The Kick To Gut was countered into a Single Leg Grapevine.

SGRaaize picks up Thor Hammerskald from behind.

SGRaaize hit the Hammerlock Kick

SGRaaize applied the Top Wrist Lock

Thor tastes the Portugal Lariat, and could be on the verge of losing!

He is trying to escape...

Could this be the end?

He is getting closer!

He is almost there!

He hits the floor!

Frankie Garnett: What.

Bob Sinclair: The...

Frankie Garnett: [censored]!!!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, in a League-record two minutes and fifty seconds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair: In all of the years I've watched wrestling, folks, I've never seen a cage match end that quickly.

Frankie Garnett: Oh, hell no! Two violent matches, and both end in less than four minutes?! I demand a refund!

Bob Sinclair: You're an employee, Frankie, you don't get refunds!

GAMMA DIVISION: El Demonio de Sangre (3-9) vs. Tarik Nolan (8-4)

Frankie Garnett: After that debacle, we should!

Bob Sinclair: In any event, coming up is the first of the potential playoff-clinching matches. After Beyond Ringside went to print this past week, it was discovered that there was an error in the playoff scenarios listed. Tarik Nolan has a head-to-head victory over Maxx Skabb back in week five. A win here, and Nolan has locked up at least a wild card berth regardless of Skabb's actions later tonight.

Frankie Garnett: So both wild cards could come from the Gamma Division?

Bob Sinclair: Yes.

Frankie Garnett: Man, I bet whoever made the divisions never expected that happening....

Bob Sinclair: In any event, let's head to the ring.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Xx_vjGnlo?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The beat of Danzig's "Am I Demon" hit the speakers as the lone luchador in The League emerges from backstage. His mask is obscured by the smoke billowing around him, and it is a blood-red spotlight that follows him to the ring as he hops over the top rope and waits impatiently for the carnage to begin.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is a Gamma Division match scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Tijuana, Mexico, weighing 142 pounds...he is El Demonio de Sangre!

Bob Sinclair: Demonio has no hope of making the playoffs; all he can do is attempt to play spoiler for a week against Nolan.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, Demonio has not won a match in his division this season. Do you expect him to start now?

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> "Regulate" hits the speakers, immediately drawing the ire of the crowd as a large figure stands in the entryway, backlit by a clear spotlight. Pyro explodes on the stage, causing the light to shut off as the figure finally emerges onto the stage proper. Laughing at the boos hurled in his direction, he takes his time walking to the ring and subsequently entering it for his next match.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Shreveport, Louisiana, weighing 292 pounds...Tarik Nolan!

Bob Sinclair: Here's someone who should not be overlooked come playoff time, Frankie. Nolan comes in with a 4-1 Gamma Division record, best in the division. I do not like Demonio's chances.

Frankie Garnett: Can you be more obvious? This is going to be a beasting, plain and simple.

Tarik Nolan moved and the Patadas de Canguro missed!

Tarik Nolan hit the Eye Gouge

The referee warns that that was illegal.

The European Uppercut was countered into a Puñetazo.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Legsweep Kick

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Stomp

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Senton

El Demonio de Sangre picks up Tarik Nolan.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Legsweep Kick

Tarik Nolan blocked the Face Stepping.

Tarik Nolan recovers and stands up.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Patadas de Canguro

El Demonio de Sangre picks up Tarik Nolan.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Open Handed Slap

Tarik Nolan took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Headbutt was countered into a Puñetazo.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Dropkick

Tarik Nolan took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Tarik Nolan hit the Punch

Tarik Nolan hit the Kick To Gut

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt

Tarik Nolan hit the Stomp

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Stepping

Tarik Nolan hit the Seated Kick

Tarik Nolan hit the Stomp

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Stepping

Tarik Nolan hit the Seated Back Kick

Tarik Nolan looks sharp, he knows that the match has swung in his favour.

El Demonio de Sangre easily rushed the Power Taunt.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Patadas Voladoras

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Flip Legdrop

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Slingshot Senton Bomb

A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage.

Tarik Nolan recovers and stands up.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Patadas Voladoras

The Seated Back Dropkick was countered into a Low Blow.

The referee is furious at that breach of the rules.

Frankie Garnett: I thought it was strict rules enforcement in Japan, Bob.

Bob Sinclair: It's supposed to be.

Frankie Garnett: Then why in the heck do the ref let these people get away with it?!

Tarik Nolan picks up El Demonio de Sangre.

Tarik Nolan applied the Bear Hug

Tarik Nolan hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

El Demonio de Sangre easily rushed the Power Taunt.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Crucifix Cradle

The referee begins the count...

1!

Kick Out Just Before The Two!

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Wheel Barrow Bulldog

El Demonio de Sangre climbs the turnbuckles.

El Demonio de Sangre hit the Moonsault

El Demonio de Sangre grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Tarik Nolan counters by reversing on El Demonio de Sangre.

El Demonio de Sangre blocked the Spinebuster.

Tarik Nolan hit the Shoulder Tackle

Tarik Nolan hit the Press Powerslam

1!

Tarik Nolan whips El Demonio de Sangre into the ropes.

Tarik Nolan hit the Powerslam

Tarik Nolan used the Slit Throat Motion

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt To Groin

Tarik Nolan hit the Press Powerslam

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner at a time of eight minutes and fifty seconds, and securing a spot in the Season Two playoffs...Tarik Nolan!

Bob Sinclair: And so Nolan joins Templeton, Sean, and Phoenix as confirmed entrants in this season's playoffs with that win.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, Nolan went 5-1 against the Gamma Division. Half of the playoffs are Gamma Division. He may be the favorite to win it all this season!

Nuclear Templeton (8-4) vs. Maxx Skabb (7-5)

Bob Sinclair: You may be on to something there, Frankie....

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hnIqp4Xkw?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Disturbed's "The Night" blares throughout the arena as spotlights begin to pan over the audience, as if looking for someone. A dim red light shines on the entryway, revealing a hulking figure making his way to ringside. As the refrain hits, the spotlights immediately focus on him as white strobe lights flash on the entrance stage. He slides under the bottom rope, his orange jumpsuit a stark contrast to most of the clothing in the audience as the song fades into silence.

Amelia Williams: This match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 289 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair: With Skabb's shot at a wild card berth eliminated, he needs to win here and get some help from Beta Division leader Sebastian Moore if he's going to still be in contention after this week.

Frankie Garnett: And how likely do you see that happening?

Bob Sinclair: Anything's possible, Frankie.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8InLP2whA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Billy Idol's "Shock to the System" hits the speakers, bringing the crowd to their feet in ovation as one of the League's more recognizable faces emerges from backstage and across the green-tinted stage. As he hits the end of the entrance ramp, he throws his arms into the air, sending a pair of mushroom clouds into the air from the stage as he makes his way to the ring and through the ropes.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Atlantic City, New Jersey, weighing 278 pounds, he is the Alpha Division champion...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair: Templeton punched his ticket to the playoffs last week, which will be the first post-season appearance for the big man from New Jersey.

Frankie Garnett: Does he still have a shot at getting a bye, though?

Bob Sinclair: That'll be determined after this week is over, Frankie. Too many variables to take into account right now.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Forearm Strike

Maxx Skabb moved and the Knife Edge Chop missed!

Maxx Skabb hit the Throat Thrust

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Knee Pull.

Nuclear Templeton recovers and stands up.

Maxx Skabb hit the Eye Gouge

Maxx Skabb hit the Jab Punch

Maxx Skabb hit the Clubbing Blow

Maxx Skabb hit the Knee Lift

Maxx Skabb hit the Face Stepping

Maxx Skabb applied the Choke Hold

Maxx Skabb hit the Stomp

Maxx Skabb hit the Face Stepping

Maxx Skabb hit the Gorilla Press

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Rear Crossface Blows.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Bodyslam.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Knife Edge Chop

The Headbutt was countered into a Standing Spinebuster.

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Nuclear Templeton rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

The Elbow Blow was countered into a Throat Thrust.

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Gorilla Press missed!

Nuclear Templeton applied the Body Scissors

Nuclear Templeton hit the Face Stepping

Bob Sinclair: Templeton needs to be careful here; after last week's chicanery against Diamond I wouldn't be surprised if the refs are watching him more—

Frankie Garnett: Bob, until these refs actually DQ someone, there's not going to be much to deter these wrestlers from such blatant tactics.

Bob Sinclair: You might be on to something there....

Nuclear Templeton applied the Rear Chinlock

Maxx Skabb recovers and stands up.

The Forearm Strike was countered into a Punch.

Maxx Skabb hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

Nuclear Templeton counters by fighting back.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Elbow Blow

Nuclear Templeton hit the Discus Punch

Nuclear Templeton hit the Seated Back Dropkick

Maxx Skabb moved and the Snap Driving Elbow missed!

Maxx Skabb grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Nuclear Templeton counters by fighting back.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Charging Forearm

Nuclear Templeton hit the Seated Dropkick

Nuclear Templeton takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Nuclear Templeton picks up Maxx Skabb.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Flying Knee Strike

Nuclear Templeton hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

Nuclear Templeton hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Maxx Skabb is busted open.

Nuclear Templeton picks up Maxx Skabb from behind.

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Full Nelson Butt Bomb.

Skabb hits the Lethal Injection; the end draws near for Nuclear Templeton!

Look out! Templeton's gone Nuclear!

Frankie Garnett: Oh, yeah! It just got real in here!

Nuclear Templeton grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Strong Forearm Strike Flurry

Nuclear Templeton drags Maxx Skabb back into the ring.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Strong Forearm Strike Flurry

Nuclear Templeton drags Maxx Skabb back into the ring.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Apocalypse Now.

The Charging Forearm was countered into a Punch.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Over Shoulder Backbreaker.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Back Suplex Pin.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Full Nelson Butt Bomb

Nuclear Templeton hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

The Rain of Pain was countered into a Low Blow.

Frankie Garnett: Ha! Templeton should be used to that!

Bob Sinclair: No kidding....

Maxx Skabb hit the Big Legdrop

Maxx Skabb picks up Nuclear Templeton from behind.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Pumphandle Slam.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Charging Forearm

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Back Suplex Pin.

Maxx Skabb hit the Full Nelson Bomb

Maxx Skabb has to stop and wipe the blood from his eyes.

Maxx Skabb hit the Headbutt To Groin

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Big Legdrop missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Full Nelson Butt Bomb

Maxx Skabb blocked the Rain of Pain.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Rain of Pain.

Maxx Skabb hit the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Nuclear Templeton broke the Gutwrench Powerbomb.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Strong Charging Forearm

Nuclear Templeton leaves the ring.

The referee begins counting the competitors out.

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Rain of Pain.

The Prison Riot was countered into a Forearm Strike Flurry.

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count.

The Armageddon Lariat was countered into a Sidewalk Slam.

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out.

Maxx Skabb hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

The referee was not happy with that move.

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out.

And Nuclear Templeton has been assigned to Solitary Confinement!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of fourteen minutes even...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair: Skabb still has a chance, Frankie!

Frankie Garnett: If Moore loses coming up next, that is. I don't see it happening.

Robbie Maynard (5-7) vs. Sebastian Moore (8-4)

Bob Sinclair: Well, we're going to find out right now!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening riffs of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" hits the speakers, drawing a mixed reaction from the crowd as one of the League's initial playoff wrestlers emerges from the stage, bathed in a blue light shining beneath him. After pausing to mentally prepare himself, he walks to the ring, his eyes never leaving the squared circle as he climbs onto the apron and ducks between the ropes.

Amelia Williams: This contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair: Maynard will not be in the playoffs this season, but you can be sure that Skabb has become one of his biggest supporters for at least this match!

Frankie Garnett: Talk about a fair weather fan...

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjVnTLn6og?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> It is to Muse's "Assassin" that he emerges, an arrogant smirk crossing his face as he soaks in the jeers of the crowd. Looking up at the spotlight for a moment, his smirk seems to get even bigger as he walks down the ramp, ignoring the catcalls of the crowd as he ascends the steps, wipes his feet on the apron, and steps through the ropes.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Manchester, England, weighing 237 pounds, he is the Beta Division leader...Sebastian Moore!

Bob Sinclair: Moore holds his destiny in his hands. A win here and he locks up the Beta Division and knocks Skabb out of the postseason.

Frankie Garnett: Moore looks ready to go, Bob. Someone ring the bell, let's get this started already!

Sebastian Moore hit the Punch

Sebastian Moore hit the Back Kick

Sebastian Moore hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Sebastian Moore applied the Knee Bar

Robbie Maynard broke the Western Spinning Toe Hold.

Robbie Maynard applied the Front Facelock

Robbie Maynard hit the Open Handed Slap

Robbie Maynard hit the Running Clothesline

Robbie Maynard applied the Arm Bar

Robbie Maynard hit the Knee Drive To Arm

Robbie Maynard hit the Stomp

Sebastian Moore moved and the Knee Drop missed!

Robbie Maynard moved and the Stomp missed!

Robbie Maynard hit the Punch

Robbie Maynard hit the Elbow Strike

The Front Facelock was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Sebastian Moore applied the Body Scissors

Sebastian Moore applied the Rear Chinlock

Sebastian Moore hit the Knee Pull

Robbie Maynard blocked the Knee Bar.

Robbie Maynard recovers and stands up.

Sebastian Moore hit the Punch

Sebastian Moore hit the Slap Kick

Sebastian Moore hit the Triple Kick Combo

Robbie Maynard moved and the Corkscrew Legdrop missed!

Sebastian Moore broke the Arm Bar.

Robbie Maynard broke the Front Slam.

Robbie Maynard hit the Kick To Gut

Robbie Maynard applied the Side Headlock

Robbie Maynard hit the Kick To Gut

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

Robbie Maynard applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Sebastian Moore slipped out the back of the Headbutt To Groin.

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Forward Russian Legsweep.

The Vertical Suplex was countered into a Slap Kick.

Sebastian Moore applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Sebastian Moore used the La Magistral Cradle

1!

Bob Sinclair: Moore was looking for a quick victory there, but to no avail as Maynard is still too fresh.

Frankie Garnett: Thank goodness. I doubt anyone would like a third match to end like the first two.

Sebastian Moore takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Sebastian Moore hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Sebastian Moore hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Sebastian Moore hit the Kneeling Kick Rush

Sebastian Moore applied the Camel Clutch

The referee checks the submission...

It seems to be locked in!

Escaped!

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Chonan Lock.

Robbie Maynard hit the Face Plant

Sebastian Moore slipped out the back of the Legdrop To Groin.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Back Suplex.

Robbie Maynard blocked the German Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Robbie Maynard takes control.

Robbie Maynard hit the Belly To Belly Suplex

Sebastian Moore counters by fighting back.

Sebastian Moore hit the S.T.O.

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Robbie Maynard moved and the Chonan Lock missed!

Robbie Maynard hit the Vertical Suplex

Robbie Maynard picks up Sebastian Moore from behind.

The Back Suplex was countered into a Diving DDT.

Sebastian Moore picks up Robbie Maynard.

Sebastian Moore hit the Triple Forearm Blow

The Heel Hook Leg Grapevine was countered into a Low Blow.

Robbie Maynard picks up Sebastian Moore from behind.

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Outside

Sebastian Moore moved and the Plancha Dive missed!

The referee begins counting the competitors out.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Kneeling Kick Rush.

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count.

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Single Arm DDT.

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out.

Robbie Maynard applied the Stop the Ferry

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out.

Bob Sinclair: Big mistake by Maynard there, could that be the turning point of this match?

Frankie Garnett: If Moore is smart, he'll capitalize on it!

Sebastian Moore broke the Merseyside Maul.

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

The Small Package was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Sebastian Moore hit the Gutwrench Suplex

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Single Leg Grapevine.

The Merseyside Maul was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Robbie Maynard broke the Camel Clutch by reaching the ropes.

Sebastian Moore looks sharp, he knows that the match has swung in his favour.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Kneeling Kick Rush.

Escaped!

Sebastian Moore with the takedown, and he has that Chonan Lock on tight, Frankie!

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

Escaped!

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Slap Kick.

Robbie Maynard moved and the Triple Kick Combo missed!

Robbie Maynard climbs the turnbuckles.

Sebastian Moore moved and the Flying Body Press missed!

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

Sebastian Moore blocked the Capture Suplex.

Robbie Maynard hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

Robbie Maynard hit the Small Package

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Bob Sinclair: He almost caught Maynard napping!

Frankie Garnett: Man, Moore would have never forgiven himself if he lost to that!

Sebastian Moore blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

Sebastian Moore rolled through with the Merseyside Maul.

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Kick To Thigh.

Sebastian Moore whips Robbie Maynard to the corner.

Sebastian Moore hit the Corner Clothesline

Robbie Maynard broke the Chonan Lock by reaching the ropes.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Chonan Lock.

Sebastian Moore picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

Sebastian Moore hit the Back Suplex

Escaped!

The referee has medically disqualified Robbie Maynard as he is clearly too hurt to defend himself any further.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of twenty minutes and forty seconds, and this season's Beta Division champion...Sebastian Moore!

Bob Sinclair: And Moore makes a thunderous statement as he locks up his playoff spot!

Frankie Garnett: You're not kidding, Bob. Moore looks like he means business as the season comes to a close!

DELTA DIVISION: Super Century (3-9) vs. Diamond (5-7)

Without warning, all of the lights go off in the arena, casting everything into pitch blackness. A few seconds pass before a spotlight shines on one of the turnbuckles, revealing no one there. This is repeated with all four turnbuckles, each revealing no one there. Finally, one last spotlight shines down onto the middle of the ring, which reveals the caped form of The League's resident superhero, who stands with arms folded and staring intently into the audience.

Amelia Williams: This is a Delta Division contest from the Halls of Justice, weighing 205 pounds...Super Century!

Bob Sinclair: This is for nothing but pride, as both participants are out of the playoffs.

Frankie Garnett: Does that mean I can walk away for a few minutes?

Bob Sinclair: No.

Frankie Garnett: (sighs)

<object width="28" height="28"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GE59m3A9oI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The instrumental-only version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" hits the arena to a mixed reaction as The League's lone female member emerges from backstage. There is a confident smirk on her face as she talks trash with some of the louder fans before sprinting into the ring by diving under the bottom rope. As she stands, she proceeds to the corner nearest the announce table, hands thrown in the air as the soaks in the crowd reaction.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Aberdeen, Scotland, weighing 137 pounds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair: We’ve finally received word on Diamond's new manager for next season.

Frankie Garnett: Oh?

Bob Sinclair: Apparently, it's an old drinking buddy of hers, who goes by "Jayde."

Frankie Garnett: ...Female?

Bob Sinclair: Yes.

Frankie Garnett: Giggity!

Diamond hit the Legsweep Kick

Diamond hit the Face Rub

Diamond hit the Face Stepping

Diamond hit the Stomp

Diamond applied the Women's Choke Hold

Diamond hit the Face Rub

Diamond climbs the turnbuckles.

Diamond waits as Super Century stands.

Diamond hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Diamond hit the Dropkick

Diamond hit the Legdrop To Groin

Diamond used the Stripper Dance

Diamond hit the Rolling Senton

Diamond used the La Magistral Cradle

1!

Kick Out!

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Spinning Back Kick.

Super Century hit the Kick To Knee

Super Century hit the Jab Punch

Super Century applied the Side Headlock

Super Century hit the Knife Edge Chop

Diamond moved and the Elbow Strike missed!

Super Century blocked the Women's DDT.

Diamond hit the Spinning Head Scissors

Diamond used the Stripper Dance

Diamond hit the Rolling Senton

Diamond used the La Magistral Cradle

1!

Kick Out!

Diamond hit the Women's DDT

Super Century moved and the Charging Basement Dropkick missed!

Super Century hit the Spinning Backhand Blow

Super Century hit the Dropkick

Super Century hit the Stomp

Super Century hit the Knee Pull

Super Century applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Super Century hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Super Century hit the Splash

Diamond slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Diamond grimaces as she moves, her neck seems to be hurting her.

Super Century moved and the Missile Dropkick missed!

Super Century hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Diamond rushed the Spirit Roar.

The Backflip Kick was countered into a Single Leg Grapevine.

Super Century climbs the turnbuckles.

Diamond rushed the Moonsault.

The Super Rana was countered into a Rana.

Super Century grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

Super Century picks up Diamond from behind.

Super Century grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

Bob Sinclair: Century's neck could be a problem for him in the later parts of this match if it's acting up this much now.

Frankie Garnett: That implies that there will BE a later part of this match, Bob.

Diamond blocked the Sleeper Hold Neckbreaker.

Super Century whips Diamond into the ropes.

Super Century hit the Twisting Powerslam

Diamond counters by fighting back.

Super Century shook the ropes to stop the Missile Dropkick.

Super Century throws Diamond off the top rope.

Super Century looks sharp, he knows that the match has swung in his favour.

Super Century hit the Flying Body Press

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

The Zero Grav was countered into a Splits Counter Dropkick.

Super Century counters by fighting back.

Diamond moved and the Springboard Rana missed!

Super Century hit the Hammerlock Kick

Super Century hit the Sleeper Hold Neckbreaker

Super Century picks up Diamond.

Diamond broke the Small Package.

Diamond hit the Rana Pinfall

1!

Diamond hit the Second Rope Dropkick

The Zero Grav was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond used the Standing Moonsault

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Super Century moved and the Springboard Rana missed!

Super Century hit the Hammerlock Kick

Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick!

Forget the Beatles, this is a Diamond in the Sky!

Well, that was smart. Just get Super Century angry, why don't you...?

Frankie Garnett: Oh, for crying out loud, just stay down, would you?!

Diamond slipped out of the Small Package.

Super Century shook the ropes to stop the Top Rope Diving Rana.

Diamond broke the Back Superplex.

Diamond throws Super Century off the top rope.

Super Century moved and the Standing Moonsault missed!

Super Century picks up Diamond.

The Zero Grav was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Super Century moved and the Arabian Press missed!

Super Century applied the Camel Clutch

Escaped!

Super Century hit the Springboard Rana

Diamond shook the ropes to stop the Century Splash.

Diamond throws Super Century off the top rope.

Diamond hit the Split-Legged Moonsault

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Diamond hit the Springboard Rana

Super Century moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Super Century just broke the laws of gravity and Diamond's neck with the Zero Grav!

1!

Super Century hit the Missile Dropkick

The Camel Clutch was countered into a Low Blow.

Diamond used the Standing Moonsault

1!

Diamond hit the Slingshot Legdrop

1!

Diamond has to stop momentarily, her neck clearly in agony.

Bob Sinclair: Diamond's won a match or two before with that move, but cannot get it to work for her tonight.

Frankie Garnett: Because someone is too dumb to just lay there! Finish him, Diamond, and put him out of our misery!

The Jawjacker was countered into a Spinning Back Kick.

Super Century has to stop momentarily, his neck clearly in agony.

The Small Package was countered into a Punch.

Super Century moved and the Charging Basement Dropkick missed!

Super Century hit the Flying Clothesline

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Super Century hit the Missile Dropkick

Diamond hit the Springboard Rana

Super Century moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Diamond slipped out the back of the Camel Clutch.

Super Century broke the Lung Blower.

Super Century is seen to wince as he moves, his back clearly hurting.

Diamond shook the ropes to stop the Missile Dropkick.

The Small Package was countered into a Punch.

Diamond hit the Missile Dropkick

Diamond picks up Super Century from behind.

Super Century moved and the Springboard Rana missed!

Super Century hit the Small Package

1!

Super Century hit the Springboard Rana

Diamond slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

The Rana Pinfall was countered into a Elbow Strike.

Super Century hit the Small Package

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Bob Sinclair: Century nearly stole that one!

Frankie Garnett: Again, I repeat. Who the heck wins with a small package anymore?

Super Century is seen to wince as he moves, his back clearly hurting.

Diamond rushed the Missile Dropkick.

Super Century blocked the Super Rana.

Super Century blocked the Super Rana. This is the second block in a row, and Super Century takes control.

The Back Superplex was countered into a Super Rana.

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Super Century shook the ropes to stop the Second Rope Dropkick.

Super Century hit the Superplex

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of twenty-five minutes and twenty seconds...Super Century!

Bob Sinclair: And Century picks up a hard-fought win here tonight!

Frankie Garnett: It's finally over?

Bob Sinclair: Yep.

Frankie Garnett: Thank goodness, now we can get to the important matches.

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (10-2) vs. The Phoenix (9-3)

Bob Sinclair: Indeed, Frankie. Coming up is a chance for Sean to lock up the Gamma Division against the man many say shouldn't be in contention—

Frankie Garnett: Because he cheated!

Bob Sinclair: ...for a divisional title. It's simple—Sean wins, and he's the Gamma Division champion. Phoenix wins, and it goes to next week with three people still in contention for the title.

Frankie Garnett: Enough with the talk, let's get to the beating of that fat blob by Sean already!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPSzGVCPH0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> The opening chords of "The Instinct" hit as the entryway is bathed in a fiery orange light. Twin pillars of flame erupt from the entrance stage, one per side, as The League's largest member walks to the ring. As he approaches the steps, he pauses, bowing his head for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and releasing a shout to the skies above as he climbs onto the apron and steps between the ropes.

Amelia Williams: This is a Gamma Division contest scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the End of Nowhere, weighing 337 pounds...this is The Phoenix!

Bob Sinclair: For everything the guy has been through before coming here, Frankie, he deserves a shot at the League Championship.

Frankie Garnett: That's like saying that Ben Roethlisberger deserves another chance at—

Bob Sinclair: I'm cutting you off before you get us thrown off the air, Frankie.

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GECit4oSpbk?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> Black Sabbath's classic "Iron Man" hits the arena speakers, as strobe lights begin to flash in the entryway. Fog rolls in from the entrance proper as a figure emerges, walking slowly to the ring and mentally preparing for what's ahead of him. He slides in under the bottom rope and walks over to one of the nearby turnbuckles, leaning up against them as the song fades.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds, he is the current Gamma Division leader...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: Sean wasn't able to figure out the puzzle that is The Phoenix earlier in the season, he gets another shot tonight with a first-round bye at stake.

Frankie Garnett: Say hello to your Gamma Division champion, folks! Sean's got this one covered!

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean applied the Front Facelock

Sean hit the Punch

Sean hit the Forearm Strike

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Punch

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

Sean applied the Front Facelock

The Punch was countered into a Elbow Strike.

The Phoenix hit the Single Leg Trip

The Phoenix hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

The Knee Pull was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Sean hit the Stomp

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

The Phoenix hit the Forearm To Back Of Head

The Phoenix applied the Hammerlock

The Phoenix hit the Running Neck Snap

The Phoenix hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

The Phoenix applied the Rear Chinlock

The Phoenix picks up Sean.

The Phoenix hit the Vertical Suplex

The Phoenix hit the Rear Crossface Blows

The Phoenix applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

The Phoenix applied the Camel Clutch

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Sean hit the Running Knee Lift

Sean hit the Legdrop To Groin

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

The Phoenix whips Sean to the corner.

The Phoenix takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Sean slipped out the back of the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

Sean hit the Dropkick To Knee

The Phoenix broke the Sleeper Hold by reaching the ropes.

Sean hit the Inverted Atomic Drop

Sean hit the Dropkick To Knee

Sean hit the Face Plant

The Move of the Night! was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

The Phoenix hit the Roundhouse Punch

Sean broke the Eternal Requiem by reaching the ropes.

Bob Sinclair: Phoenix was just a few seconds away from retaking the Gamma Division lead there, Frankie!

Frankie Garnett: Illegally, I should add!

Bob Sinclair: How? Phoenix is one of the cleanest wrestlers in The League!

Frankie Garnett: Has anyone checked his medicine cabinet?

Bob Sinclair: You're hopeless, Frankie....

The Phoenix whips Sean to the corner.

Sean blocked the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

The Phoenix hit the Corner Clothesline

Sean slipped out the back of the Camel Clutch.

The Phoenix moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

Sean climbs the turnbuckles.

The Phoenix counters by fighting back.

The Phoenix hit the Capture Suplex

Sean blocked the Eternal Requiem.

The Phoenix hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At The Last Second!

Sean blocked the Capture Suplex.

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

The Small Package was countered into a Forearm Strike Flurry.

The Phoenix grimaces as he moves, his neck seems to be hurting him.

The Eternal Requiem was countered into a Low Blow.

The Phoenix broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

The Phoenix blocked the Face Plant.

The Phoenix counters by fighting back.

The Phoenix hit the Triple Forearm Blow

The Phoenix is struggling, trying to...yes! He has the Eternal Requiem locked in!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

The referee has called for the bell!

Frankie Garnett: Oh, son of a—

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of eleven minutes and ten seconds...The Phoenix!

Bob Sinclair: And with that, Phoenix re-assumes the Gamma Division lead and controls his fate next week in Mexico!

Frankie Garnett: He's got to be doing something illegal! He HAS to be!

DELTA DIVISION: Scott Stevens (6-6) vs. Johnny Triumph (8-4)

Bob Sinclair: Speaking of illegal, our main event features two men who are quite willing to use the rulebook as a weapon in a match.

Frankie Garnett: Which is fine if the ref doesn't pay attention to you!

Bob Sinclair: The scenario boils down to this, folks. Stevens needs a boatload of help in order to make the playoffs, a win tonight gives him one part of the equation.

Frankie Garnett: He'll make it. He doesn't know how to fail!

Bob Sinclair: His record says otherwise, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: Hey!

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/418344693/c67c6a9d" width="280" height="25" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

The lights in the arena go pitch black, as red lasers and spotlights light up the area. The video screen lights up and flashes across the screen, "Nothing survives my sting!" Over the audio system a snippet of Dave Mustaine from the song "Scorpion" yells, "I am the Scorpion whoah!!!" This causes the crowd to start booing as a mash up of "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack and "Amazing" by Kanye West hits the speakers, and the man in question walks to the ring, talking trash the whole way.

Amelia Williams: Our main event is a Delta Division contest scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Houston, Texas, weighing 265 pounds..."The Scorpion" Scott Stevens!

Frankie Garnett: Here is the true League Champion this season, forced to wrestle under legal duress with injuries that would render most mortal men helpless!

Bob Sinclair: Uh, Frankie? You've got something brown on your nose there....

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc6rpM7RtB0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></embed></object> A remixed version of "Ecstasy of Gold" hits the speakers, which is nearly drowned out in jeers as he emerges from the entryway, a rain of golden sparks falling behind him as he walks to the ring with a confident look on his face. Instead of taking the steps closest to him, he walks around to the opposite side of the ring, drawing in more jeers as he finally climbs the steps and enters the ring.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 228 pounds, he is the Delta Division leader...Johnny Triumph!

Bob Sinclair: A win by Triumph here and he locks in his spot in the playoffs, giving up our field of six...but with the seeding order to be decided.

Frankie Garnett: He's got to get by Stevens first. Get him, Scorpion!

Scott Stevens hit the Punch

Scott Stevens hit the Forearm Strike

Johnny Triumph moved and the Kick To Thigh missed!

Johnny Triumph hit the Knife Edge Chop

Johnny Triumph hit the Elbow Strike

The Eye Gouge was countered into a Spinning Back Kick.

Scott Stevens hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Elbow Drop On Knee.

Scott Stevens slipped out of the Top Wrist Lock.

Scott Stevens hit the Forearm Strike

Scott Stevens hit the Punch

Johnny Triumph took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Johnny Triumph hit the Slap To Chest

Johnny Triumph hit the Knife Edge Chop

Johnny Triumph hit the Single Leg Trip

Scott Stevens blocked the Rear Chinlock.

Scott Stevens recovers and stands up.

Johnny Triumph hit the Elbow Strike

Johnny Triumph hit the Punch

Johnny Triumph applied the Side Headlock

Johnny Triumph hit the Single Leg Trip

Johnny Triumph hit the Face Stepping

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph hit the Stomp

Scott Stevens slipped out of the Arm Bar.

Scott Stevens hit the Kick To Thigh

Scott Stevens hit the Knife Edge Chop

Scott Stevens applied the Body Scissors

Scott Stevens hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Johnny Triumph hit the Inverse Drop Toe Hold

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Johnny Triumph picks up Scott Stevens.

Johnny Triumph hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

Bob Sinclair: Triumph appears to have been in control of the match for the most part.

Frankie Garnett: Stevens is letting him get confident, Bob. Just watch.

Scott Stevens counters by fighting back.

The Triple Kick Combo was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

Scott Stevens blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Scott Stevens slipped out the back of the Boston Crab.

Scott Stevens hit the Back Suplex

Johnny Triumph blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Scott Stevens hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Johnny Triumph hit the Hammerlock Kick

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Breaker

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Scott Stevens slipped out the back of the Horns of Victory.

Johnny Triumph broke the La Magistral Cradle.

Scott Stevens slipped out the back of the S.T.O..

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Forward Russian Legsweep.

Scott Stevens broke the Running Hot Shot.

The Leg Lariat was countered into a Single Leg Grapevine.

Johnny Triumph picks up Scott Stevens.

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Scott Stevens moved and the Field Goal Low Blow missed!

Johnny Triumph moved and the Triple Kick Combo missed!

Scott Stevens moved and the Triple Forearm Blow missed!

Scott Stevens hit the Short Arm Clothesline

Scott Stevens applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Scott Stevens applied the Camel Clutch

Escaped!

Z''HA''DUM! Scott Stevens just levelled Johnny Triumph!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At Two-And-A-Half!

Frankie Garnett: Come on, ref! You're as blind as the ones who were in Pittsburgh earlier today!

Bob Sinclair: He's Japanese, Frankie. He can't understand you.

Frankie Garnett: Neither can NFL officials, apparently....

Scott Stevens hit the S.T.O.

Scott Stevens picks up Johnny Triumph from behind.

Scott Stevens picks up Johnny Triumph.

Z''HA''DUM! Scott Stevens just levelled Johnny Triumph!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Frankie Garnett: Called it!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of eleven minutes and forty seconds...Scott Stevens!

Bob Sinclair: And Stevens still has a chance in the Delta Division!

Frankie Garnett: Told you he would!

Bob Sinclair: Folks, next week is the final week of the regular season, with two divisions yet to be decided and seeding yet to be done. Who will have the advantage as we enter the playoffs? We’ll find out next week, right here on The League!

============

SHOW SUMMARY

1. Ly Quang Bao (6-7) def. Shawn Arrows (3-10)

* Time of Match: 3:20

* Match Rating: F

* Winner's Offense: 62%

* Bao: Head 52, Body 53, Arms 98, Legs 100

* Arrows: Head 37, Body 48, Arms 100, Legs 96

2. SGRaaize (6-7) def. Thor Hammerskald (3-10)

* Time of Match: 2:50

* Match Rating: F

* Winner's Offense: 94%

* Raaize: Head 49, Body 84, Arms 100, Legs 89

* Hammerskald: Head 16, Body 62, Arms 80, Legs 76

* This is tied for the shortest match in League History.

3. Tarik Nolan (9-4) def. El Demonio de Sangre (3-10)

* Time of Match: 8:50

* Match Rating: E

* Winner's Offense: 56%

* Nolan: Head 49, Body 88, Arms 100, Legs 98

* Demonio: Head 31, Body 41, Arms 99, Legs 83

* As Nolan holds the tie-breaker for the #6 spot, he has clinched a playoff berth.

4. Maxx Skabb (8-5) def. Nuclear Templeton (8-5)

* Time of Match: 14:00

* Match Rating: A*

* Winner's Offense: 41%

* Skabb: Head 0, Body 65, Arms 100, Legs 82, Heavy blood loss

* Templeton: Head 25, Body 73, Arms 100, Legs 86

* This is the Match of the Night for week 13.

5. Sebastian Moore (9-4) def. Robbie Maynard (5-8)

* Time of Match: 20:40

* Match Rating: B+

* Winner's Offense: 62%

* Moore: Head 50, Body 82, Arms 91, Legs 78

* Maynard: Head 0, Body 0, Arms 100, Legs 66

6. Super Century (4-9) def. Diamond (5-8)

* Time of Match: 25:20

* Match Rating: A

* Winner's Offense: 50%

* Century: Head 0, Body 30, Arms 96, Legs 92

* Diamond: Head 0, Body 46, Arms 93, Legs 72

7. The Phoenix (10-3) def. Sean (10-3)

* Time of Match: 11:10

* Match Rating: C+

* Winner's Offense: 53%

* Phoenix: Head 49, Body 94, Arms 100, Legs 87

* Sean: Head 37, Body 74, Arms 99, Legs 85

* As a result of this win, The Phoenix has clinched a playoff spot.

8. Scott Stevens (7-6) def. Johnny Triumph (8-5)

* Time of Match: 11:40

* Match Rating: C+

* Winner's Offense: 49%

* Stevens: Head 43, Body 82, Arms 96, Legs 73

* Triumph: Head 0, Body 36, Arms 99, Legs 94

==================

WEEK FOURTEEN: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (Mexico—Northern)

(Spot Monkey Style Match, Illegal Maritinetes, Ref Bumps allowed)

ALPHA DIVISION: SGRaaize (6-7, 12%) vs. Robbie Maynard (5-8, 6%)

The Phoenix (10-3, 15%) vs. Super Century (4-9, 4%)

BETA DIVISION: Maxx Skabb (8-5, 15%) vs. Thor Hammerskald (3-10, 15%)

ALPHA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH: Nuclear Templeton (8-5, 15%) vs. Ly Quang Bao (6-7, 15%)

Sean (10-3, 15%) vs. Scott Stevens (7-6, 15%)

BETA DIVISION: Sebastian Moore (9-4, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (3-10, 15%)

Tarik Nolan (9-4, 15%) vs. Diamond (5-8, 15%)

CAGE MATCH: El Demonio de Sangre (3-10, 26%) vs. Johnny Triumph (8-5, 12%)

I was robbed! Apparently not as bad as Baltimore, (I didn't see most of the game, past the fumble.) but darn it, I was robbed! I need to talk to Phoenix's dealer. :p

ALPHA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH: Nuclear Templeton (8-5, 15%) vs. Ly Quang Bao (6-7, 15%)

Also taking the under on 1 chair shot during Nuclear's hardcore match. Something about making it legal seems to take the temptation out of using weapons. lol

On behalf of his handler, Nuclear is going to destroy Ly Quang Bao... because of his handler. Srsly, I hope Nuclear drags out the punishment until he can hit a move that puts all body parts at 0 AND ups the bloodloss to the maximum.

So Thor has the longest and shortest matches in the League. I knew I'd be breaking records coming in, but this isn't what I meant... :D

Folks, I've just been informed that I have to work tonight; which means that I likely won't get pages updated tonight as planned (since, you know, work and all that stuff.)

I will attempt to update them tomorrow, and will push the other deadlines back a day as appropriate due to this setback. Those will be posted as soon as I get all players' pages updated.

*sighs* I hate winter.... :mad:

I feel bad doing this to all of the players, but I'm going to have to update pages tomorrow. Lack of sleep over the last two days (plus a 21-hour work shift) have wiped me out. I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this message.

Pages will be updated--barring another 20+ hour shift--and the deadline is tentatively pushed back to Sunday for training, Monday for predictions (will try to get the show and playoff preview posted back to back next Monday to resume normal scheduling).

Thanks for bearing with me, folks. I do appreciate it.

I feel bad doing this to all of the players, but I'm going to have to update pages tomorrow. Lack of sleep over the last two days (plus a 21-hour work shift) have wiped me out. I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this message.

Pages will be updated--barring another 20+ hour shift--and the deadline is tentatively pushed back to Sunday for training, Monday for predictions (will try to get the show and playoff preview posted back to back next Monday to resume normal scheduling).

Thanks for bearing with me, folks. I do appreciate it.

Bah. You and your "personal life" and "health" and "bodily functions". I've had enough of this whining. Write, servitor!

I kid, of course. Take what you need.

Bah. You and your "personal life" and "health" and "bodily functions". I've had enough of this whining. Write, servitor!

I kid, of course. Take what you need.

I know right? He woke up Monday about 9 and just got off work at 4pm today. Like he needs sleep. Slacker!!

:). I Kidd too. We had a nice snow/ice storm here.

Season Two, Week Fourteen

January 19, 2011

You know, Terry, I should have stayed in Arizona. This working out of New York stuff has its disadvantages, especially the snow and ice. Do you realize how slow those plow drivers travel on the interstate? I mean, good grief!

...oh, we're about to go on? All right then...

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

We are one week away from the start of the playoffs, and two divisions remain unclaimed! Hello, everyone, and welcome back to Beyond Ringside! Tori Montgomery here, and it comes down to this for five men. Three are already assured spots in the post-season, but all are in contention for the Gamma Division title, while another needs to simply win to claim the Delta Division title. We'll get to that shortly.

But first...

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS: AFTER WEEK THIRTEEN

Two division champions are crowned, two remain.

ALPHA DIVISION

Y-1. Nuclear Templeton (8-5, 4.846 AMR)

2. SGRaaize (6-7, 4.615 AMR)

3. Ly Quang Bao (6-7, 3.154 AMR)

4. Robbie Maynard (5-8, 5.077 AMR)

Y: Clinched Division

(Tie broken by head-to-head record)

BETA DIVISION

Y-1. Sebastian Moore (9-4, 3.231 AMR)

2. Maxx Skabb (8-5, 4.923 AMR)

3. Shawn Arrows (3-10, 4.923 AMR)

4. Thor Hammerskald (3-10, 4.846 AMR)

Y: Clinched Division

GAMMA DIVISION

X-1. The Phoenix (10-3, 3.923 AMR)

X-2. Sean (10-3, 3.385 AMR)

X-3. Tarik Nolan (9-4, 5.769 AMR)

4. El Demonio de Sangre (3-10, 3.615 AMR)

X: Clinched playoff berth

DELTA DIVISION

1. Johnny Triumph (8-5, 4.615 AMR)

2. Scott Stevens (7-6, 4.615 AMR)

3. Diamond (5-8, 5.385 AMR)

4. Super Century (4-9, 5.077 AMR)

THE CURRENT PLAYOFF PICTURE:

DIVISION LEADERS:

1. The Phoenix (Gamma): 10-4

2. Sebastian Moore (Beta, Clinched): 9-4

3. Johnny Triumph (Delta): 8-5

4. Nuclear Templeton (Alpha, clinched): 8-5

(Triumph earns the #3 seed due to his 4-2 Divisional record versus Nuclear's 3-2)

WILD CARDS:

5. Sean (10-3)

6. Tarik Nolan (9-5)

IN THE HUNT:

8. Scott Stevens (7-6)

(NOTE: Anyone not listed here has been eliminated from playoff contention.)

CLINCH SCENARIOS

ALPHA DIVISION: Already clinched.

BETA DIVISION: Clinched last week.

GAMMA DIVISION: This one is a doozy, folks. Three people can still win this division. Here's how each of them can do just that:

• The Phoenix (10-3) clinches with a win OR a Sean loss OR if Phoenix, Sean, and Nolan all lose this week. Phoenix holds a tie-breaker over Sean, but not over Tarik Nolan.
  • Sean (10-3) clinches with a win AND a Phoenix loss. He loses tiebreakers both to Phoenix (head-to-head) and Nolan (division record).
  • Tarik Nolan (9-4) wins the division with a win AND losses by both Phoenix and Sean. This scenario gives the tie-breaker to Nolan, as all three men would be tied at 10-4, and Nolan would be 3-1 against the men he'd be tied with (Phoenix 2-2, Sean 1-3). This is the only scenario for Nolan to clinch—if any of the above conditions do not happen, he's out of the divisional race.

DELTA DIVISION: Only two people have a shot here.

• Johnny Triumph (8-5) clinches with a win OR a Scott Stevens loss
  • Scott Stevens (7-6) wins the division if he wins AND if Triumph loses, AND Stevens' week 14 match must have a higher match rating than Triumph's, or he loses the tie-breaker. This scenario plays out as follows: head-to-head is tied at 1-1, divisional record is tied at 4-2. If Stevens wins, Triumph loses, and both have the same match rating, it will come down to seasonal winnings, which Triumph has all but locked up and thus would win the final tie-breaker.

WILD CARD: Both wild card positions are clinched by whomever does not win the Gamma Division.

FIRST ROUND BYE: The winner of the Gamma Division will have one of the two byes (and most likely the top seed). The scenarios for the other three divisions are as follows:

• ALPHA DIVISION (Nuclear Templeton): Win AND losses by Moore and Triumph, as Nuclear loses tie-breakers to both men.
  • BETA DIVISION (Sebastian Moore): He has the inside track—a win clinches the bye. He could possibly move up to the #1 seed, but that would take a lot of help: Win AND all three members of the Gamma Division who are playoff-bound (Sean, Phoenix, Nolan) lose. This would give Moore a 5-1 Division Record tiebreaker over Phoenix's 4-2.
  • DELTA DIVISION (Johnny Triumph): Win ANDSebastian Moore loss. This would tie the two at 9-5, and Triumph would hold the tie-breaker (AMR). Scott Stevens, should he win the Delta Division, is unable to compete for a bye.

CHANGES IN POPULARITY: JAPAN--KINKI

INCREASED

Scott Stevens: 20.0000 -> 22.5717

Super Century: 15.0000 -> 22.0667

Maxx Skabb: 15.0000 -> 20.3740

Sebastian Moore: 15.0000 -> 20.3480

Diamond: 15.0000 -> 19.0667

Nuclear Templeton: 15.0000 -> 17.6260

The Phoenix: 15.0000 -> 17.5918

Robbie Maynard: 15.0000 -> 16.8520

SGRaaize: 15.0000 -> 15.8497

Ly Quang Bao: 6.0000 -> 6.5400

DECREASED

Tarik Nolan: 15.0000 -> 14.8447

Johnny Triumph: 15.0000 -> 14.5950

Sean: 15.0000 -> 14.5248

El Demonio de Sangre: 15.0000 -> 11.7387

Shawn Arrows: 12.0000 -> 9.4600

Thor Hammerskald: 11.0000 -> 8.6003

BY THE NUMBERS

Due to the ice and snow, my server which had the files I was going to work off of was taken off-line, and thus I have had no time to prepare this segment for this week. It will return next week for the playoffs.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

1. I Effin Rule: 74 points (7 last week)

2. Prophet: 67 points (5 last week)

2. Tori Montgomery: 67 points (5 last week)

4. derek_b: 65 points (6 last week)

5. moon_lit_tears: 62 points (6 last week)

6. Ranson: 60 points (4 last week)

7. masterded: 59 points (4 last week)

8. Jman2k3: 55 points (7 last week)

9. SeanMcG: 54 points (5 last week)

MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED:

10. Dangrel: 50 points (3 last week)

11. Wrestling Century: 46 points (0 last week)

12. Jaded: 33 points (0 last week)

13. TheKenwyne: 30 points (0 last week)

14. Toasty: 4 points (0 last week)

15. Arrows: 3 points (0 last week)

With this week plus the playoffs remaining, 20 points remain up for grabs.

After over a month, the League emerges from Japan and heads south of the border—we're heading to Mexico City, folks! Expect shorter matches—hopefully, not three-minutes-short—and moves that drop folks on their head to be illegal.

Also, Vegas odds are not included this week as the analyzer for Beyond Ringside is feeling under the weather.

With the division clinched by Templeton, this is simply a matter of who the better man is. Raaize leads the career series 2-1, and is in far superior shape entering this week. This should be easy pickings.

Tori's Pick: SGRaaize, via pinfall (Portugal Lariat), 7:10, E

First of the potential division clinching matches here. Honestly, I cannot see how Phoenix can lose this one. The big man locks up the division and a bye in short order.

Tori's Pick: The Phoenix, via submission (Eternal Requiem), 4:10, F

With Skabb out of the running for the playoffs, he is going to take out his frustration on Hammerskald. Thor may put up a good fight, but Skass is just going to be too much on this night.

Tori's Pick: Maxx Skabb, via pinfall (Solitary Confinement), 9:40, D

Templeton was heard on his flight to Mexico that he was going to, and I quote, "make Bao wish he never told us he signed with PGHW." He may have his division won, but he's still in contention for a bye, and Bao is going to feel it in this one. One thing I do want to make note of here: I'm taking the under on the "Number of Templeton-delivered chair shots" proposition.

Tori's Pick: Nuclear Templeton, via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat), 11:20, C+

In my mind, Sean's already reduced to a wild card entry, but could still fall to the 6th seed. Stevens will be fighting for a shot at the Delta Division. I think the suspense will go to the last match, as Stevens picks up what would easily be called an upset.

Tori's Pick: Scott Stevens, via submission (Arachnophobia), 10:10, C

Moore won the division last week, a win gives him at least the #2 seed. I'm afraid Arrows' season ends on a low note, as Moore rolls in with momentum and an all-important bye.

Tori's Pick: Sebastian Moore, via submission (Chonan Lock), 12:10, C

At this point, Nolan could end up with the #5 seed if Sean loses as predicted. However, he's going against Diamond, who he lost to last season. Nolan's in far better condition and easily outpowers his opponent. It should be a slam dunk, right? I think history repeats itself here, though. Upset alert of the night.

Tori's Pick: Diamond, via pinfall (Slingshot Legdrop), 14:10, B-

In my mind, this match determines the Delta Division. Triumph needs a win, or at the very worst to equal Stevens' effort in the ring, to win the division. However, he's facing Demonio basically on Demonio's home turf, and that's going to be difficult to handle. I think Demonio may pull out the win, but in the Match of the Night which would still give the division to Johnny Triumph.

Tori's Pick: El Demonio de Sangre, 19:40, B+

Next week is the post-season, a one-night tournament that will crown a new League Champion! I've been asked to man the commentary tables once again, which I will do with pleasure. We're going to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the League Playoffs, folks! Until then, this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

<hr>

<hr>

PAGES ARE (FINALLY) UPDATED, FOLKS!

TRAINING PM'S DUE BY 8:00 PM EST SUNDAY, 23 JANUARY / 1:00 AM GMT MONDAY, 24 JANUARY

PREDICTIONS DUE BY 8:00 PM EST MONDAY, 24 JANUARY / 1:00 AM GMT TUESDAY, 25 JANUARY

While getting things ready for tonight's show, I noticed that the prediction standings I posted above are incorrect. The correct ones have replaced them, and the standings above are now accurate as of the end of week thirteen.

Also, there will be no teasers this week or next, given that it's a bit late for teasers this week and teasing the playoffs just seems asinine to me. :cool:

Archived