THe RaNDoM THReaD

Wrestling Century

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said there was, in fact, I think it's a criminally underrated flavor.

So true, everybody these days likes chocolate smh.

Not me. Chocolate is good in small doses. It's something we crave from time to time, but for me Chocolate as a whole...is not as good as some Vanila, add some Butterschotche or cherries and cherry juice...Yuummy

So from midnight tomorrow to midnight Monday, Vince Russo will be donating any money he gets from people becoming VIP subscribers to his website to the Fighting Back cancer charity. He's doing this completely unprompted and he even appeared on newLegacy's stream twice to join in. With all of this info, Russo's went up in my eyes. He gets a lot of stick online for his booking but he seems like a genuinely nice guy who is up for a laugh. He even took part in nL fantasy booking WWE on EWR (Hopefully the video goes up on Youtube soon).

So from midnight tomorrow to midnight Monday, Vince Russo will be donating any money he gets from people becoming VIP subscribers to his website to the Fighting Back cancer charity. He's doing this completely unprompted and he even appeared on newLegacy's stream twice to join in. With all of this info, Russo's went up in my eyes. He gets a lot of stick online for his booking but he seems like a genuinely nice guy who is up for a laugh. He even took part in nL fantasy booking WWE on EWR (Hopefully the video goes up on Youtube soon).

I must admit I do find myself hating Russo less these days than I use to. I find most of his "shoot" videos entertaining and he does make alot of sense when he explains stuff. Although I HATE that he calls wrestling fake.

Russo gets a ton of negativity thrown his way but he was responsible for some pretty great stuff in his time. I think he was an ass at times, but I felt like in the last 10 years or so he gives a lot of good stuff up in interviews and in general has always been an engaging guest on any podcast/radio show I've ever heard him on.

i am having my knee shaved, at first i thought this was rather funny and didn't really take it in until i got home and looked it up on youtube

i imagined seeing a doctor with a gillete razor but DAMN i am wrong

also this isn't random but how do you ost pictures i can't figure it out i have a photobucket account

Does anybody know a good program to rip flv's? Most of the browser addons are specific for youtube, but not the smaller sites. I've found some that record your desktop but those were packed with lots of malware and had a low framerate.

I have 2 recommendations, one for FireFox and one for general internet usage.

1. Get the "Flash Video Downloader" extension (the one SPECIFICALLY with that name) from FVD Media Inc. and the "Flash and Video Download" (again, specifically that name) from Download Flash And Video. The first one will download videos with their titles, but only uses the regular download method; the 2nd one lets you use DTA, but only saves the original filename of the video.

2. I have a group of websites to recommend for online ripping and downloading. See below:

KeepVid.com - usually reliable, allows you to rip 720p mp4 from YouTube, requires Java 7 though and might not play nice if your Java isn't EXACTLY the one it works best with. Supports a fair amount of common video sites, including Vimeo, Viddler, and DailyMotion, if YouTube's not the only vidsite that floats your boat.

SaveFrom.net - also downloads in 720p, supports Playlist downloading (it'll show all the vids in the list and you can download each), and seemingly has a wider range of sites it works with. Plus you can download higher-res DailyMotion and even (public) Facebook vids. 2nd fastest actual download times, depending on site.

LataaYoutube.com - allows you to download 480p and 1080p vids when available, but scrambles the filename and seems to only support YouTube, along with having slightly more limited support on which types of videos you can download (hopefully the ones you WANT to download aren't part of that group). On the plus side, you can simply put "lataa" in front of youtube in the video's url and it'll take you right to the rip page.

ClipConverter.cc - supports a fair amount of common video sites, allows you to download 480p and 1080p vids when available, does NOT scramble the filename, lets you decide which format you want to download in, and the downloading itself is reasonably quick, tied with KeepVid for sheer speed. When you're about to download, make sure you uncheck the downloader accelerator crap and close the popup window if it's not blocked.

All the above sites support download managers like DTA.

Thanks, but I know of those. They cannot cope with some smaller sites that choose to stream their vids because those fragment the videos in tiny pieces so you cannot assemble a full video. I don't really care that much as you can just view them on the site anyway. For some reasons it just frustrates me that I can't save all videos. :p

Only thing that works is record software, but that's not free, and has a crappy framerate.

I wasn't sure where to put this but I just wanted to share it because I think it's pretty cool. Fighting Spirit Magazine did an article on Ricochet and they just so happened to print one of my tweets in the top left corner. This is my second social media success after David Blaine gave me a follow two years ago :p

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q685/RynWlsn/fsmtweet_zps15feb253.jpg

Yesterday I discovered the comedic wonder that is Frankie Boyle. And here I always thought Scots were too busy kicking attempted terrorists (who are also on fire) in the balls to be funny.

Frankie Boyle's also dabbled in the wrestling scene, look up Kelvin Brawl on google for some more info.

And if you like Frankie Boyle, give Billy Kirkwood a google as well. He's similar in style to Boyle slightly and he does a whole wrestling themed show with Chris Brooker called I Am The Tag Team Champions.

And we've stopped kicking terrorists in the balls and just downgraded to kicking each other in the nether regions. :p

• 2 months later...

I saw something on Yahoo earlier that I found funny:

http://news.yahoo.com/shy-bladder-group-protests-directv-ad-160601938.html

For those of you who do may not trust the link, basically the article is about the Rob Lowe DirectTV commercial where he poses as a nerdy guy who cannot pee in front of others. Well apparently there is a group called the International Paruresis Association who are protesting this commercial. The group I guess is a support group for people who have shy bladder syndrome.

Who even thought such a group was even real? This country has become so overly pc that it seems everybody that has even the remotest of problems belongs to a group that will protest anyone who makes fun of said problem. I have a hangnail right now, I wonder if I can join a group that protects people who suffer from having hangnails...

I saw something on Yahoo earlier that I found funny:

http://news.yahoo.com/shy-bladder-group-protests-directv-ad-160601938.html

For those of you who do may not trust the link, basically the article is about the Rob Lowe DirectTV commercial where he poses as a nerdy guy who cannot pee in front of others. Well apparently there is a group called the International Paruresis Association who are protesting this commercial. The group I guess is a support group for people who have shy bladder syndrome.

Who even thought such a group was even real? This country has become so overly pc that it seems everybody that has even the remotest of problems belongs to a group that will protest anyone who makes fun of said problem. I have a hangnail right now, I wonder if I can join a group that protects people who suffer from having hangnails...

I agree. Instead of choosing their battles all of this groups fight every single one even if in the end it just makes them look bad. For example (a kind of old one) the Jonah Hill one where a TMZ reporter kept hounding him and got a lot of flak for calling the guy a fggt.

By attacking everyone if just turns away those people stand in the middle against you. Hate groups and PC groups are basically playing ping pong with their public image.

Anyways that just my opinion and while I used the LGBT community as an example I have the same opinions towards race, gender (Feminism or MRA), political, religious, etc. groups.

Yesterday I discovered the comedic wonder that is Frankie Boyle. And here I always thought Scots were too busy kicking attempted terrorists (who are also on fire) in the balls to be funny.

If you dig Frankie Boyle, check out his work on Mock of the Week. I also love Jimmy Carr, a more posh version of Frankie, check out his stuff and 8 out of 10 cats on youtube.

i cracked a tooth today, in one of our local shopping centers is a temp Werther's Original sweet shop stands, i bought nearly all the different flavours and munched them

i was sat at my table drawing, and was crunching away before i felt a pain i have never felt anything like, i spat the contents of my mouth out and there was half a tooth

and the pain started, never have i felt such a pain, i cleaned it out with salt water and now have a golf ball lump on the side of my jaw

now i am on a course of antibiotics, and a nice trip to the dentist ahead of me, and she even joked she is looking forward to pulling this one, as its going to be nasty,

i cracked a tooth today, in one of our local shopping centers is a temp Werther's Original sweet shop stands, i bought nearly all the different flavours and munched them

i was sat at my table drawing, and was crunching away before i felt a pain i have never felt anything like, i spat the contents of my mouth out and there was half a tooth

and the pain started, never have i felt such a pain, i cleaned it out with salt water and now have a golf ball lump on the side of my jaw

now i am on a course of antibiotics, and a nice trip to the dentist ahead of me, and she even joked she is looking forward to pulling this one, as its going to be nasty,

Tooth pain has to be the worst feeling in the world.

Wait till she pulls it and it heals. Then when you forget about it and you're eating some chips and a small piece jabs into your gum. Yup that stuff hurts.