THe RaNDoM THReaD

Wrestling Century

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Americans can stop pretending to be interested in that crap now that it is over with.:p

Hey now. Anyone that takes there time to learn and play that sport would not think it's crap.

Besides those men and women are pretty athletic to be out there moving for that amount of time pretty much non stop. I have a lot of respect for the people who play that sport.

Granted i would choose American football over it, I have nothing against the sport.

Hey now. Anyone that takes there time to learn and play that sport would not think it's crap.

Besides those men and women are pretty athletic to be out there moving for that amount of time pretty much non stop. I have a lot of respect for the people who play that sport.

Granted i would choose American football over it, I have nothing against the sport.

This coming from someone who hates Basketball.:D

I am never a fan of something that I feel is forced down my throat. Why are we are supposed to enjoy something because the rest of the world loves it?

And there is no American football there is football and there is soccer. And this is not me flaming the board to get a reaction this is my opinion.

While I am at it I hate NASCAR, Polo, the Olympics, Golf, and Tennis. So it is just not soccer.:D

This coming from someone who hates Basketball.:D

I am never a fan of something that I feel is forced down my throat. Why are we are supposed to enjoy something because the rest of the world loves it?

And there is no American football there is football and there is soccer. And this is not me flaming the board to get a reaction this is my opinion.

While I am at it I hate NASCAR, Polo, the Olympics, Golf, and Tennis. So it is just not soccer.:D

I dislike basketball, but I would never be so rude about it. Oh wait yes I would. I think it's a bunch of men in short shorts running back and forth grabbing each other....Ahem.. :D

Nascar is boring. Polo is...well I've never watched it. Hating the Olympics is just silly. Golf...eh!. TENNIS? are you flippen crazy man?

I dislike basketball, but I would never be so rude about it. Oh wait yes I would. I think it's a bunch of men in short shorts running back and forth grabbing each other....Ahem.. :D

Nascar is boring. Polo is...well I've never watched it. Hating the Olympics is just silly. Golf...eh!. TENNIS? are you flippen crazy man?

Sounds like soccer...:cool:

How is hating the Olympics silly? Who wants to watch hours and hours of that crap every two years? I kind of wish the would put the summer and winter Olympics back to being in the same year. That way I don't have to be inundated with a bunch of sports that I could care less about.

I really enjoy the Olympics, because for two weeks Im an expert on several odd sports.

NASCAR is the worst. Three hours of left turns. I could commute into Houston in the morning and basically get that. Drag racing however is pretty cool.

Nascar is rather boring. Drag racing is boring to me as well.

Sounds like soccer...:cool:

How is hating the Olympics silly? Who wants to watch hours and hours of that crap every two years? I kind of wish the would put the summer and winter Olympics back to being in the same year. That way I don't have to be inundated with a bunch of sports that I could care less about.

The Olympics are fun to watch. Many countries competing to be the best.

Maybe Americans can stop pretending to be interested in that crap now that it is over with.:p

Srsly!

PREACH!

Yeah, just nod sagely and smile courteously when people talk about futbol.

I don't see how you can hate tennis. It's probably the last refuge of tall, athletic women who dress in very little and run short distances and bounce...uhh, nevermind. :p

And the Olympics? Come on! What exactly do you have against people who play non-revenue generating sports? You think you're too good to play badminton or table tennis???

Um, short shorts? When was the last time you watched a game? 1974? If the shorts got any longer, they'd be PANTS!

Um, short shorts? When was the last time you watched a game? 1974? If the shorts got any longer, they'd be PANTS!

Last time I watched was about 4 years ago when I was at a poker game and the idiots wanted to watch the game while playing.

Needless to say I won money that night. :D

Well I normally win money so I guess the game had no effect. :p

I don't see how you can hate tennis. It's probably the last refuge of tall, athletic women who dress in very little and run short distances and bounce...uhh, nevermind. :p

Sadly the good looking ones are never all that good at the game itself (well Maria Sharapova is good), and the ones that are good look like men.:D

Sadly the good looking ones are never all that good at the game itself (well Maria Sharapova is good), and the ones that are good look like men.:D

errr, we obviously have WIDELY varying ideas of what's attractive. Either that or you're not up on the tour. Seriously, almost half of the top twenty right now is hot. Sure, Serena is an acquired taste (not everyone likes thighs like that and her guns put many guys to shame) but Marion Bartoli doesn't look like a man. Maria Sharapova is actually middle of the road nowadays. I think you're thinking more of an Anna Kournikova type (all look, no game) or Lindsay Davenport (who, at her best, looked very much like a dude).

MLT, you can go back to when Jordan was playing (90s) and the shorts were still crazy long. The rules say shorts can't extend more than an inch below the knee....and most players sit right on the boundary. I'll give you some criticisms of the NBA (it's more 'streetball' than basketball with all the isolation plays teams run, defense is often secondary in talent evaluation...until the playoffs, etc) but short shorts haven't been in play since the late 80s/early 90s.

I'll give you some criticisms of the NBA (it's more 'streetball' than basketball with all the isolation plays teams run, defense is often secondary in talent evaluation...until the playoffs, etc) but short shorts haven't been in play since the late 80s/early 90s.

Blame the kids for wanting to be like Mike on that right there. Now I am not saying that was how Mike played because it was not. However,the sport became more about looking like Jordan or Dominique offensively as less like playing good defense. Plus in all honesty the only major sport were defense sells is football.

People tend to bore when a pitching duel happens in Baseball, or a good defensive low scoring game happens in Basketball or Hockey. In today's short attention span society people want to see more runs, points and goals scored.

Blame the kids for wanting to be like Mike on that right there. Now I am not saying that was how Mike played because it was not. However,the sport became more about looking like Jordan or Dominique offensively as less like playing good defense. Plus in all honesty the only major sport were defense sells is football.

People tend to bore when a pitching duel happens in Baseball, or a good defensive low scoring game happens in Basketball or Hockey. In today's short attention span society people want to see more runs, points and goals scored.

Maybe. But championships sell and you can't get those without good D. So it becomes a case of do you want to be sexy losers or boring champions? I'm not saying I think they should return to the days of Pat Riley's Knicks (who would bruise you to death). But actually putting effort into defense would improve the game exponentially as it would lead to more highlight reel quality finishes (dunking over Manute Bol was always a highlight, wasn't it? And what happens when the post gets real crowded? Hello more 3's and dunks on follows!).

I see what you're saying and agree with it, I just don't think it's necessary. I'll give you baseball though (the plays at the wall and deep in the hole stops notwithstanding) but hockey I haven't cared about since I was 12 so I have no idea what would work for them. With so many teams bleeding money, they need to do something.