The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Maybe it's because I didn't play the first two Diablo games or that I'm playing solo, but I just can't get into Diablo III. The lore is insanely fascinating, but the gameplay is just mediocre so far. There's nothing that really screams "KEEP PLAYING ME".

I'm playing the vanilla game on PS3, so maybe when I get a new computer I'll check out the PC version, but so far I'm glad I got it from the library and didn't pay money for it.

Maybe it's because I didn't play the first two Diablo games or that I'm playing solo, but I just can't get into Diablo III. The lore is insanely fascinating, but the gameplay is just mediocre so far. There's nothing that really screams "KEEP PLAYING ME".

I'm playing the vanilla game on PS3, so maybe when I get a new computer I'll check out the PC version, but so far I'm glad I got it from the library and didn't pay money for it.

I get that.. I blitzed through the original as I was playing it alongside two mates and loved it.

Playing Reaper Of Souls on my own and its kinda.. well.. dull

Bastion is currently 75% off. If you've never played it, it's less than a Starbucks coffee right now and you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

Perhaps surprisingly, I for one didn't really like Bastion. Didn't give it that much time to impress, and it's certainly not bad, but it didn't pull me in. But Banished was more intriguing. Looking forward to playing it again tomorrow, and hopefully my already meager population won't be decimated... again. :p

Today's Deals - (19th September, 2014)

** Deals were in place at time of posting, ordered by price **

Under $3

» Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder // $0.95 ($9.99) // Greenman Gaming

» Just Cause // $1.39 ($6.99) // Steam

» Blood Knights // $2.24 ($14.99) // Humble Store

» Flatout Complete Pack (Bundle) // $2.95 ($29.57) // Nuuvem

» Just Cause 2 // $2.99 ($14.99) // Steam

Under $5

» Bastion // $3.74 ($14.99) // Steam

» Our Dark Purpose // $3.74 ($14.99) // Humble Store

» Just Cause Collection (Bundle) // $3.79 ($18.99) // Steam

» LEGO Batman // $4.99 ($19.99) // Steam

» LEGO Batman 2 // $4.99 ($19.99) // Steam

» LEGO Marvel Super Heroes // $4.99 ($19.99) // Steam

Under $10

» LEGO The Hobbit // $7.49 ($29.99) // Steam

» Tomb Raider: GOTY Edition // $7.49 ($29.99) // Humble Store

» Deus Ex Collection (Bundle) // $7.50 ($29.99) // Gamers Gate

» The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition // $7.58 ($19.93) // DLGamer

» Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition // $7.99 ($39.99) // Humble Store

Under $15

» Deadfall Adventures: Digital Deluxe Edition // $12.50 ($49.99) // Gamers Gate

» F.E.A.R. Collection (Bundle) // $13.74 ($54.99) // Steam

Under $20

» Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition // $16.49 ($49.99) // Greenman Gaming

» Tomb Raider Collection (Bundle) // $17.50 ($69.99) // Gamers Gate

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was busy. I don't think I'll do this at the weekends as that's family time in my household, so I'll be with my wife and daughter. :)

Game Dev Tycoon is well worth the pick up if you don't have it already.

After seeing this post I started playing it. It took a while to get going but once my fantasy action hit game "Elven Butt Pirates" blew up the stores I was hooked.

Online is a massive difference. In a four man group you really progress at a good pace. That said, if you just don't care for the gam play I don't think that'll make or break it for you. Im loving the Ultimate Evil edition on PS4.

Picked up FIFA 14 on Gamefly Digital for $4.25 and am loving it. Why did I not play this series sooner?

I liked 14 and all but it's been the same game for some years now. I'm really hoping this year it's a lot different but I'm not hopeful based on what I'm seeing.

Anyone here playing Wasteland 2? Is it the game I want it to be? ¬_¬

I've made a rule that I'm not going to buy a game if I'm currently playing a game similar to it, so Wasteland 2 will have to wait until I'm done with Shadowrun: Dragonfall (which is MUCH better than SR:Returns), but it's got me all excited because Brian Fargo

But it is a full price release... But the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with a free copy of The Bard's Tale, one of the best games of all time. God I miss that game...

So WWE 2k15 is most probably coming to PC. This is big news, as it's been a quite a while. More reasons not to buy a console. Not that I was going to buy WWE, as the animation still looks like crap compared to the Gamecube titles, for example.

If it comes to PC I'll most definitely get it. Mostly I'm quite good when it comes to genre desperation (buying a game you know is awful just because it's the best in a small genre that you really want to play), but wrestling games and rugby union games always get my money when people bother to make them, no matter how awful they are (Rugby Challenge 2 :().

Anyone here playing Wasteland 2? Is it the game I want it to be? ¬_¬

I've made a rule that I'm not going to buy a game if I'm currently playing a game similar to it, so Wasteland 2 will have to wait until I'm done with Shadowrun: Dragonfall (which is MUCH better than SR:Returns), but it's got me all excited because Brian Fargo <3.

But it is a full price release... But the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with a free copy of The Bard's Tale, one of the best games of all time. God I miss that game...

To clarify to anyone ready, Shadowrun: Dragonfall is Shadowrun: Returns, as it is DLC to SR:R's, but it is a full length campaign. And I agree that is is leaps and bounds over SR:R's initial campaign, The Dead Mans Switch. I finished Dragonfall, never got very far in to The Dead Man's Switch.

And I'm playing Wasteland 2! It's a flawed game, but I love it. It can be very difficult and there are parts about it that can seem frustrating and a bit buggy. A case in point is during one mission very early in the game, I was supposed to help somebody having a crisis and then go about the mission I was already going there to do. After having doing most everything, I asked about my original mission and the NPC got mad at me. The game doesn't have a morality system, but it still seemed kinda weird.

I've also had to go through a couple interactions more than once because I didn't follow up with the right question, I would just switch the subject, which meant the character didn't advance their quest. No huge problems in the game. If you can live with how Shadowrun is a bit rough around the edges, you should be just fine in Wasteland 2. Even with my complaints, I'm trying to speed through this response to get back to it. If you have any specific questions about things you might have heard that were good or bad, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them!

I very rarely buy full priced games nowadays but I made an exception with Wastelands 2. I love the difficulty that's there, there's very much that X-COM feel of every mission being the last. HP matters, ammo is extremely valuable and water is a matter of life and death. I haven't advanced that far into the game yet, only the first few places, since I started a new game thrice already, tinkering my stats and attributes and whatnot. In my first run I created a Russian guy named Drago with strength of 10.. Needless to say, not a very wise choice.

The game reminds me of Divinity: Original Sin which I also bought with almost full price; I regret buying that game, not regretting buying Wastelands 2. The UI, story and the general feel are far superior to D:OS in my opinion. I also own Shadowrun Returns and Blackguards and out of the four WL2 is by far the best game, atleast for me.

I'm very much looking forward to playing WL2 a lot more in the following weeks and months, the replay value seems to be huge. I love the critical fails that one can have in picking locks or disarming alarms and so on.. Every gameplay is different.

TotalBiscuit is going to make a review of the game this week I think, so one might wait for a bit to come out, I'm sure he's got some valuable thoughts about the game.

. Some highlights are the first cave that starts at
and
:D He made a mistake of advancing too fast since the perception skill only works at a close distance, also he didn't even try to disable the bombs in the boxes (can't remember if he even had a guy that had a bomb disarm skill) which I understood right from the start when I played the first time.

Sadly no Ironman Mode as of yet for the diehard X-COM hardcore veterans. Sure you could not press load but the temptation is just too much, you know? :D I want it disabled completely.

D-Lyrium, if you have any questions and/or need more info concerning the game, contact me on Steam :3 In general for everyone who enjoys a turn-based RPG, when this game goes on sale for 25 or lower, GET IT.

I too have got Wasteland 2, though I haven't gotten very far yet. I restarted to do 4 customized characters instead of 1 custom + 3 default (you have a squad of 4, to those not aware). It seems like a game with huge potential, feeling and playing a lot like Fallout 1+2 (God I want HD remakes of those games!). In fact, my biggest complaint with Wasteland 2 is a rather unfair one: it's *not* a Fallout game. It simply feels so much like Fallout to me (which, of course, is a good thing) that I constantly find myself wanting it to *be* a Fallout game...

I've been steering clear of those Wasteland-style games because the theme doesn't fit me, but I might have to put my preferences aside in favor of great gameplay. Recently started Baldur's Gate Enhanced (finally), but my untrained eye (only played the first one once) doesn't see much changes. I guess they want to balance between an authentic experience and some novelties.

If there's ever a HD version of Fallout II - which I doubt immensely - I'd definitely play it. :)

Banished is 5€ for the next two hours on humblebundle store. Only just noticed. Mount&Blade is just 80cents.

I picked up Banished and I played it a bit this past weekend. I thought it was a really cool game that I'll have to put more time into. Seems like you can do quite a bit in that game. I definitely need to work harder on getting resources and not overwhelming my people with tons of buildings to build. I tend to try and build too much too fast in games like that. That's always my downfall. :o

So umm.. Last night I started playing Wasteland 2 at approximately 3AM midnight.. Had an amazing time, got several levels ups and skill improvements, etc, few sidequests cleared.. Thought that well maybe it's time to go to bed, then I quit the game and took a glimpse at the clock..

7.10AM

-.-'

:D

That to me is a quite good indicator of a good game! I had no idea I had been playing for 4hrs!

So I bought Wasteland 2.

Digital Deluxe edition.

I'm so weak. :'(

To clarify to anyone ready, Shadowrun: Dragonfall is Shadowrun: Returns, as it is DLC to SR:R's, but it is a full length campaign. And I agree that is is leaps and bounds over SR:R's initial campaign, The Dead Mans Switch. I finished Dragonfall, never got very far in to The Dead Man's Switch.

Aye, but it's standalone DLC, you don't need the original to play it. It's basically the exact same game but with a different (and far, far better) story.

In fact, my biggest complaint with Wasteland 2 is a rather unfair one: it's *not* a Fallout game. It simply feels so much like Fallout to me (which, of course, is a good thing) that I constantly find myself wanting it to *be* a Fallout game...

That was my main hangup tbh, the fact that it would feel like a Fallout ripoff, even though the original pre-dated Fallout and it's by the same guy. ¬_¬