The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I've been recording some of the weird animations i've seen in FIFA for a video, but what I did find hilarious was just stopping my player and watching the AI not react. I even started getting my players to start playing Keepy Uppy as the AI just stood there.

I've added the video here

A lot of the keepy-uppy stuff early in the video can be explained by the fact that you're causing them approximately zero problems. They're 7-0 down, it's not like they're desperate to score a winner or equaliser, so they don't really gain anything by closing you down in the middle of the pitch when you're not threatening them.

But some of the other stuff... yeeeeaahhh... Especially when you just stroll through the middle of the two defenders and they barely move.

My favourite is Aguero with the clothesline on Sterling(?) and then just bouncing off and falling over. ¬_¬

I'll stick to PES. :p

Been running through Final Fantasy VII again. Never beaten it but man I love playing it. I haven't played an RPG in so long.

I played it for the first time earlier this year and I was really surprised at how well it compares to modern RPGs. The story is great, Cloud's not the emo he's stereotyped to be (I think VIII actually started the trend of wangst-y protagonists) I love the Active-Time Battle system and One Winged Angel is the greatest boss fight music, bar none.

I just got Endless Legend, which is pretty great so far. It's basically Endless Space combined with Fallen Enchantress combined with Civilization 5 (because of the hexagon grid). It's a really, really gorgeous game.

I just got Endless Legend, which is pretty great so far. It's basically Endless Space combined with Fallen Enchantress combined with Civilization 5 (because of the hexagon grid). It's a really, really gorgeous game.

Does it run well? Do you have a big gaming rig?

Endless Space ran like crap for a long time on my old rig. The new one handles it no problem but my old rig was able to play much better looking games with far less problems. Endless Space was good but for me personally was one of those games that ran so poorly it annoyed me.

Both Endless Space and Legend run great on my machine that's almost a year old now. I got a gaming laptop on cyber Monday last year for deployments and things like that, so I don't think it's aged a whole lot.

I definitely know what you mean about machines running games worse than they they theoretically should, though.

o.O ... I bought a gaming laptop some 5 years ago back when wife and I had just got together, weren't married and didn't live together yet - and it still runs everything I throw at it perfectly fine. Certainly enough I'll get a proper desktop again next year, but far as running games is concerned I'm still good atm.

I did get Endless Legend a while back and like much of what I've seen, but find the combat system lacking. I know, 4x games aren't particularly known for indepth strategic battles, but to me it's a little barebones in EL. Though that may have changed since I haven't played in a few months now.

so anyone else checking out "Middle Earth-shadows of Mordor?"

for anyone unfamiliar with it, the gameplay is basically a combination of Batman Arkham city and Assassin's Creed- but set in middle earth during the period between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings for instance, you have the counter fighting of the Arkham series and also the stealth killing of Assassin's Creed all set in an open world environment like those games.

It was released yesterday and I played for a couple hours and I really enjoyed it. reviews were overwhelmingly positive ( Steam had 1000 positives to only 77 negatives)

for anyone unfamiliar with it, the gameplay is basically a combination of Batman Arkham city and Assassin's Creed- but set in middle earth during the period between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings for instance, you have the counter fighting of the Arkham series and also the stealth killing of Assassin's Creed all set in an open world environment like those games.

It was released yesterday and I played for a couple hours and I really enjoyed it. reviews were overwhelmingly positive ( Steam had 1000 positives to only 77 negatives)

Strongly considering the game atm - I don't mind when games are sorta kinda like this or that game if they're good and I like the middle earth setting anyways. But since I just paid around 50€ for Fifa 15 on PC I'll wait a little - it's not like I am short on games xD...

Just subscribed to GameFly. Goes good with my budget and it allows me to try new games. First game up is EA Sports UFC.

How is GameFly now? I've used it in the past a couple of times but they always seem to have a small amount of copies of each game available. Never really seemed worth the money because most of the games I'd rent were never available.

How is GameFly now? I've used it in the past a couple of times but they always seem to have a small amount of copies of each game available. Never really seemed worth the money because most of the games I'd rent were never available.

It seemed decent with availability. UFC had a medium availibility and I got it. So not bad really on the available games front.

Haha to me Batman basically IS assassin's creed. Regardless, I checked this game out a little bit. Didn't get a ton of time with it but if you're into linear action games it seems to be one of the more solid next-gen titles.

Haha to me Batman basically IS assassin's creed. Regardless, I checked this game out a little bit. Didn't get a ton of time with it but if you're into linear action games it seems to be one of the more solid next-gen titles.

While they are the same in a lot of respects, i'd say the combat mechanics are somewhat different. shadows has the free flowing counter combat that you see in the arkham games while the stealth part is more assassins creed, including hiding in bushes, stealth kills and such.

obviously it borrows heavily from both games, but I think it does so fairly successfully.

Oculus Rift DK2 Status: READY: We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

[Jim Ross]Buh gawd finally, FINALLY!! [/Jim Ross] :D I'm so excited to finally get my hands on the Rift DK2!