The Video Game Thread

Genadi

My (then) 11 month daughter grabbed the controller one time I was getting her a bottle and jammed X a lot.. It took me through and brought Assassins Creed Unity. This was 6 weeks ago now.

I pointed out that EU and UK state that:

When a consumer purchases digital downloads, or software downloads from a business; their ability to cancel the order can be restricted if the trader has made the consumer aware in a durable form (letter, email, text message etc) exactly what it is they have agreed to, and that once the consumer begins to download the material they will lose their right to cancel the purchase, and the consumer has confirmed they are aware of this.

I didn't download it, and they said they couldn't definitively tell if I'd downloaded it, but just just keep sending back

I can see from your e-mail that you'd like a refund for your recent purchase from the PlayStation Store. Regrettably, as stated in the PlayStation Network Terms of Service, we are unable to offer a refund for purchases made on PlayStation Store unless the content is found to be defective.

On another note, Im tempted to just claim that Unity as a whole is defective and see where that takes me

Sucky situation, I hope you'll win the fight. Let us know what happens.

I love Romance of the Three Kingdoms! RotK X is one of the best games to ever come out on the PS2.

I'm playing XI on the PC right now. IT's the first I"ve ever tired. Loving the board game Risk, this seems right up my alley without all the set up and tear down....plus the extras of being able to create my officers and such..it's been a great joy to play.

My (then) 11 month daughter grabbed the controller one time I was getting her a bottle and jammed X a lot.. It took me through and brought Assassins Creed Unity. This was 6 weeks ago now.

I pointed out that EU and UK state that:

When a consumer purchases digital downloads, or software downloads from a business; their ability to cancel the order can be restricted if the trader has made the consumer aware in a durable form (letter, email, text message etc) exactly what it is they have agreed to, and that once the consumer begins to download the material they will lose their right to cancel the purchase, and the consumer has confirmed they are aware of this.

I didn't download it, and they said they couldn't definitively tell if I'd downloaded it, but just just keep sending back

I can see from your e-mail that you'd like a refund for your recent purchase from the PlayStation Store. Regrettably, as stated in the PlayStation Network Terms of Service, we are unable to offer a refund for purchases made on PlayStation Store unless the content is found to be defective.

On another note, Im tempted to just claim that Unity as a whole is defective and see where that takes me

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they fix it for you soon. I tend to be nice to companies till they get on my nerves. You should get a female to call because then she can yell and they wont' get to angry at her. :D

I'm playing XI on the PC right now. IT's the first I"ve ever tired. Loving the board game Risk, this seems right up my alley without all the set up and tear down....plus the extras of being able to create my officers and such..it's been a great joy to play.

X is even better IMO, because it features a ton of RPG elements and lets you play as an officer instead of a ruler if you want, while still having all the customization of XI (Though I will admit that the duels and debates are cooler in XI). You can even switch sides or form your own kingdom mid-game if you get sick of your liege.

Seriously, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is the best argument around for why you should still own a PS2.

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they fix it for you soon. I tend to be nice to companies till they get on my nerves. You should get a female to call because then she can yell and they wont' get to angry at her. :D

Ringing them is pointless. They don't even have a queuing system. It's just 'all our operators are busy, try later'

Hilarious. The telephony team claim that they can't refund and to email the same people I have been dealing with for 6 weeks

X is even better IMO, because it features a ton of RPG elements and lets you play as an officer instead of a ruler if you want, while still having all the customization of XI (Though I will admit that the duels and debates are cooler in XI). You can even switch sides or form your own kingdom mid-game if you get sick of your liege.

Seriously, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is the best argument around for why you should still own a PS2.

I have Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII and i love it so much i have never got round to playing any other

It seems to have lasted all this time i think i bought it in 2004 or 05, i remember i was going to buy one a few years back but i think it said i could only be a ruler i like being an officer and ranking up...but will see if i can get X

I think I just made a HUGE mistake. I picked up Dying Light and it is the worst game I've played in years (actually that's a little lie, it's the 2nd worst behind Destiny). The control scheme is just uncomfortable and the number of times I've died by getting stuck in a wall or "invisible object" is absolutely stupid. It's like developers don't even test their games anymore.

The controls may be better for PC, but I stupidly bought it on Xbox One and RB & RT are Jump and Attack - you can't change it to a more comfortable scheme that you find easier to use because it only has "Preset" controls, each one more annoying and not even slightly user friendly. The number of times I've hit LT by mistake and thrown firecrackers or other explosive weapon is getting beyond a joke. Guess i's my fault really that I'd have the nerve to expect a game to have a manual edit available on the controls selection so I can set it up how I like to play. Not that I just paid a shitload out for it or anything.

The graphics are ok, nothing earth shattering to be honest but I can deal with graphics not being up to scratch if the game play was less... well crap. The "Parkour" is rubbish as well. You jump to grab a ledge, but if your sight is even slightly off the ledge, bang, you hit the ground with an energy shattering thud.

Onto the missions... by which I mean the various go here, set a trap, go here, pick this up or go here and... you get the picture. It's Dead Island with Parkour - weapon degrade is bordering on you wondering why you even have a weapon in the first place. I can probably kill 2 zombies (or Damage Sponges as they should be called) with a weapon before it "breaks" and I'm left with another ("where did they come from") 15 zombies shambling at me and no safe escape.

I've probably forgotten some things, but then this game is so bad (in my opinion) that I'd be here all evening ranting on about it.

Alternatively, maybe I'm just no good at it (it's usually what people say when they disagree with a review) - either way it was a waste of my money.

I think I just made a HUGE mistake. I picked up Dying Light and it is the worst game I've played in years (actually that's a little lie, it's the 2nd worst behind Destiny). The control scheme is just uncomfortable and the number of times I've died by getting stuck in a wall or "invisible object" is absolutely stupid. It's like developers don't even test their games anymore.

The controls may be better for PC, but I stupidly bought it on Xbox One and RB & RT are Jump and Attack - you can't change it to a more comfortable scheme that you find easier to use because it only has "Preset" controls, each one more annoying and not even slightly user friendly. The number of times I've hit LT by mistake and thrown firecrackers or other explosive weapon is getting beyond a joke. Guess i's my fault really that I'd have the nerve to expect a game to have a manual edit available on the controls selection so I can set it up how I like to play. Not that I just paid a shitload out for it or anything.

The graphics are ok, nothing earth shattering to be honest but I can deal with graphics not being up to scratch if the game play was less... well crap. The "Parkour" is rubbish as well. You jump to grab a ledge, but if your sight is even slightly off the ledge, bang, you hit the ground with an energy shattering thud.

Onto the missions... by which I mean the various go here, set a trap, go here, pick this up or go here and... you get the picture. It's Dead Island with Parkour - weapon degrade is bordering on you wondering why you even have a weapon in the first place. I can probably kill 2 zombies (or Damage Sponges as they should be called) with a weapon before it "breaks" and I'm left with another ("where did they come from") 15 zombies shambling at me and no safe escape.

I've probably forgotten some things, but then this game is so bad (in my opinion) that I'd be here all evening ranting on about it.

Alternatively, maybe I'm just no good at it (it's usually what people say when they disagree with a review) - either way it was a waste of my money.

I don't have Dying Light, but my brother does on his PC and he's been playing it almost constantly. So I'd say it probably is better on PC like you said. Doesn't excuse not being able to re-bind the controls though, especially considering you can on the PC version.

I've been mostly swapping between NBA 2K14 (I'm not paying $60 for a slight update) and Resident Evil HD. How far I've gotten in the latter would make my younger self so proud. Crimson Heads still scare the shit out of me.

Well, this concerns me a tad. I got this game for Xbox One, mainly because of convenience. Well to be clear, I rented it from GameFly. I hope it can be somewhat satisfying for me. From watching it so far, it looks like the zombies are an actual threat, which they should be in a ZOMBIE GAME. Anyways, I'll prob review it if/when I finish it so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Well, this concerns me a tad. I got this game for Xbox One, mainly because of convenience. Well to be clear, I rented it from GameFly. I hope it can be somewhat satisfying for me. From watching it so far, it looks like the zombies are an actual threat, which they should be in a ZOMBIE GAME. Anyways, I'll prob review it if/when I finish it so keep your eyes peeled for that.

From what I've seen in some LP's fighting zombies at the beginning is asking to die since your weapons and skills are too low level. You end up surrounded or attracting 5 zombies while trying to kill 1.

Yeah, buying Unity was definitely a mistake in my gaming decisions. Best of luck to you on this situation, Clarity.

I think i'm going to give up trying to get this sorted. Even in the face of regulations, they still paste generic messages about the TOS.

Guess I'll get the last laugh when I flog all the Playstation stuff (losing them at least £300 or $451 since they wont get anything from a sale)

On a lighter note, I found a video that makes it even harder to take Resident Evil seriously

I agree, but for some reason RE:Rev2 is the only februari game I'm actually looking forward to, which is sad. :p

Luckily, with the new (small) Divinity:Original Sin patch, I can finally get to playing this game during januari.

I just started Last of US on PS4. Voice acting, graphics, sound design, animation.... all fantastic. It's the combat I'm not crazy about. Stealth is obviously encouraged as you never have a ton of ammo, and melee weapons are unreliable as they break easily. Sooo.... I walk up to rooms with 20 guys in them and take an unreasonable amount of time sneaking up and doing the same exact stealth kill move. Over. And over. and over.

And then I get to watch a 20 minute movie as a reward...