GDS Fantasy Football League 2010

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, commence discussion about waivers. I'm not getting rid of them. That's out. What option (see first post) do you like best?

Also, draft times. It's a long way after, but I'm aiming for an afternoon on a weekend in August. If you know you'll be around/away on a given day, let me know. I want the largest number of people to be able to draft.

Also, there's a new auction draft that Yahoo added this year. I don't think many people will go for it, but if people like the idea of it, we can have the second league use it. If you're more comfortable with the regular draft, that's fine.

Here are the options:

Rolling List: There's a starting waiver priority and once you successfully make a waiver claim, you move to the back of the list.

Reverse Order Of Standings: What we had last year. The owner in last place gets first pick of the free agent pool and successful claims don't change the order. (Just weekly standings.)

Weekly Rolling List (Based On Standings): Same as rolling list, but order resets weekly based on standings.

Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB): Every owner gets a budget to spend on free agents and they each place blind bids on players. Whoever bids the most on a player gets them and that owner has that much less to spend. Ties are settled by a choice of any of the 3 above waiver methods.

I like any of the first three, the fourth one I am not that crazy about. I just think it would be a pain in the posterior to deal with. If someone were to put a gun to my head I like the first one the best.

MJ I just realized you have the draft set at standard. You guys don't do a snake draft?

Random Order, Snaking is the standard on Yahoo.

I'll randomize the order sometime before the draft and set it so everyone knows where they're picking ahead of time.

It definitely snakes though.

Random Order, Snaking is the standard on Yahoo.

I'll randomize the order sometime before the draft and set it so everyone knows where they're picking ahead of time.

It definitely snakes though.

Ok. Just wondering. I've never done them on Yahoo. We have used Espn for ours and Standard there is (1-10 1-10)

It's pretty dumb. I've always loved Snake drafts.

Boo! Weekly rolling lists are for wussys. :D

I was just trying to pick what seemed most fair!

What I dont like...is when everyone is on instant pick up free agency. Few people just tend to circle the pickup list Sunday while the rest of us actually watch football.

I'm gonna sign up for a spot in the second league, I'll post my team name up here once I go through the motions so you don't delete me from existence.

I think it was mentioned by someone else...but I'd totally be up for a keeper league. I've got three great ones in baseball but have never been able to get a solid one for football so if there is just enough interest for a keeper league I'd be game.

What I dont like...is when everyone is on instant pick up free agency. Few people just tend to circle the pickup list Sunday while the rest of us actually watch football.

That's why in our league you can't drop or do any pick ups until I think it's Tuesday morning. I like the idea of lineups locking during that time.

I go steps further. If I see an owner's starter at a position go down (or even better: two of his starters at the same position go down), I will purposely and immediately pick up the best free agents at that position and drop whoever I need the least so I can force him to trade or take someone of a significantly lesser value.

I picked up 3 RB's after a guy's 2 RB's went down and he basically quit after that.

THAT is why I want waivers. I'm not going to try to draw a line that I think is fair and dance around it all year. I'm quite enthusiastic about FF, and I can't help but do what I can to give myself an advantage and that normally requires me to do completely dickish things. Waivers help to de-Belichick me (and others). :D

So was there a reason I wasn't invited back?

You were. Everyone from last year was sent an invitation e-mail automatically when I renewed the league. Were you Come Back Barry? An e-mail was sent to yeoj@******.com (stars for privacy) for that team.

I just figured first-come, first-serve was most fair. I didn't think just letting the same dozen people play every year was right. I did NOT, however, anticipate the entire league filling up in 4 hours during the time when most people are celebrating the 4th.

I specifically meant to reserve a spot for last year's winner, Chris Caulfield, but it filled way too fast for me to even think of how to do that (I wasn't on during all 4 of the hours people were signing up).

I opened a second league for the many who missed the first league's sign-ups. We can easily put together an 8 team league without double ups (aside from me). See above for how to join.

If "The Jurassic Crush" doesn't let me know who they are by the end of the day, I will remove them from the second league. I only want people from last year and PeterHilton (who was invited this year, but missed sign-ups) to join that league until I give word. Others will get a chance to join once the others all join or refuse. Please, no one new join the second league until I give word.

Whoops, said I would tell you my team name and then totally forgot, Jurassic Crush is me...I wasn't in the league last year though so my reading comprehensive is awful. You can go ahead and toss me from the league then until you fill up the others you wanted in first.

Whoops, said I would tell you my team name and then totally forgot, Jurassic Crush is me...I wasn't in the league last year though so my reading comprehensive is awful. You can go ahead and toss me from the league then until you fill up the others you wanted in first.

There'll probably be room either way. Any others will be tossed unless I know who they are and they're one of the ones I'm waiting on.

Also, I've always loved the idea of a "keeper" league. Doesn't have to be this league per say, but I've always thought keeper leagues where really cool.

Would anyone want to join a keeper league if I started one?

I'd be all in for a keeper league...like I said, they are the most fun I've had with my baseball teams and I've never had a good one with football. I'd love to sign up for one and I can help out with the rules if needed.

Thanks, I may need the help, but we shall see.

I see, that email is wrong don't know why yahoo would have that one actually.

Just sucks spent the last two years playing with the same people who I did enjoy playing with yet I missed out cuz I dared to not logg into the site during the right 5 hours.

As for the 8 team league, appreciate the gesture but played in many smaller leagues like that over the years and have never enjoyed them. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, cheers.

I see, that email is wrong don't know why yahoo would have that one actually.

Just sucks spent the last two years playing with the same people who I did enjoy playing with yet I missed out cuz I dared to not logg into the site during the right 5 hours.

As for the 8 team league, appreciate the gesture but played in many smaller leagues like that over the years and have never enjoyed them. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, cheers.

Take my spot. :)

Take my spot. :)

Nope. lol :p

Sorry please don't take my post as wahhhhhhhhhhh I want someone's spot wasn't what i intended but can see how it looks like that.

Was just venting. I play in like 5 leagues. All for money, so, the last 2 years it's been nice to have a league that was just for fun and where everyone was active (nobody just blowing the league off). So, yeah, just frustrated, not trying to take a spot or anything.

Sorry please don't take my post as wahhhhhhhhhhh I want someone's spot wasn't what i intended but can see how it looks like that.

Was just venting. I play in like 5 leagues. All for money, so, the last 2 years it's been nice to have a league that was just for fun and where everyone was active (nobody just blowing the league off). So, yeah, just frustrated, not trying to take a spot or anything.

Seriously. Look at my first post. I was waffling. You have history in the league, you should get in.

If I do start up a keeper league, I'll need time for that. If I don't, well then I'll enjoy the games on Sunday.

Seriously, take it.

I get your not asking. Since I didn't play last year you can take mine. It's not that big a deal to me. :)

Archived