GDS Fantasy Football League 2010

mjdgoldeneye

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll289/mjdgoldeneye/Untitled-3.jpg

Now is the time for me to start the league back up.

Everyone who played last year has been invited back. However, this year, I am going to limit the league to 12 owners as opposed to 14 from the past 2 years. The 14 team settings left owners having to dig incredibly deep into the free agent pool for mediocre (at best) players and limited roster size to accommodate that many owners. Having 12 teams keeps things fairly inclusive and doesn't lead to a crowded situation. It'll be first-come, first-serve (but I'll reserve a spot for last year's winner as that seems appropriate). If you don't make it to sign-ups in time, we can surely start a second league. I'm sure a few owners from the primary league would be willing to double up to make sure a second league lives up to the first.

So, if you want in, join up!

What's the same?

** Two Divisions, Division Winners Get Top Seeds

** 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST, and 6 Bench Players.

** Most Scoring Settings

What's different?

** Only 6 playoff teams as opposed to 8 due to the smaller league size.

** Scoring for defenses based on points allowed varies slightly more. Now, points scored vary from -5/-2/0/2/5/8/12 rather than -4/-1/0/1/4/7/10.

** Passing/Rushing/Receiving benchmark bonuses removed.

** Fractional points added. (A player with 29 yards scores 2.9 points as opposed to 2.)

** WR/RB flex position added.

** Released players only remain on waivers for 1 day (rather than 2).

** The waivers system. I am NOT getting rid of waivers altogether (trust me, leagues without any waiver system at all suffer for it), but there are plenty of alternatives to what we had last year.

Here are the options:

Rolling List: There's a starting waiver priority and once you successfully make a waiver claim, you move to the back of the list.

Reverse Order Of Standings: What we had last year. The owner in last place gets first pick of the free agent pool and successful claims don't change the order. (Just weekly standings.)

Weekly Rolling List (Based On Standings): Same as rolling list, but order resets weekly based on standings.

Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB): Every owner gets a budget to spend on free agents and they each place blind bids on players. Whoever bids the most on a player gets them and that owner has that much less to spend. Ties are settled by a choice of any of the 3 above waiver methods.

If you have a preference, let me know.

Owners:

EAST

1. mjdgoldeneye - Springfield Isotopes

2. Crychon - Grabthar's Hammer

3. GarnerFTW - Rizzinators

4. BHK1978 - The Giants

5. Gruntmark - Scranton Electricity

6. moon_lit_tears - Moons Monsters

WEST

1. Wallbanger - Tagon's Toughs

2. Eisen-verse - The Wrath of Eisen

3. nZane - E-Ville Elite

4. Astil - Astilian Jobbers

5. Comradebot - Moscow Machines

6. ShadowedFlames - Maryland Massacre

(I tried to make the divisions somewhat region based, but this year they're just cosmetic. :D Also, I'll let schedules generate themselves. I tried to do something fancy last year and it took, like, hours to set up)

Second League:

EAST

1. mjdgoldeneye - Springfield Isotopes

2. Imarevenant - Come Back Barry

3. PeterHilton - The Married Life

WEST

1. randomfreeze - The Jurassic Crush

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I so do want to play, but for the last three years I sign up then never have time...

but I do have a steady job now.

And I'm not in school anymore...

Aw, fudge it.

Sign me up as the Connecticut Condors

EDIT: Also, I've always loved the idea of a "keeper" league. Doesn't have to be this league per say, but I've always thought keeper leagues where really cool.

It's still the 4th, so I'll be sending invites later tonight. If you were in the league last year, you should have an e-mail floating out there already, but if you need another, I'll send it.

I was in it for the last 2 years but haven't heard of anything? I would LOVE to come back; if possible! :D

EDIT: I just checked the email you sent it to. Sorry, I have way to may email accounts. haha. I re-signed back up for this year! Hells yes!

I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I'd like to return this year.

An invite should have been sent to a phoenix*_*@hotmail.com address (stars replace numbers to add a bit of privacy). I'll send you a PM in a bit anyway.

I just signed up again. Not to divert attention from this thread but do people want me to start up a picks league again? Last year activity fell off sharply towards the end of the year, so I am wondering if there was any interest.

I'd do it.

Anyways, if you didn't play last year, once you sign up, post your team name here so I know who's who.

ATTENTION

As of the time of posting, there are 7 teams signed up (from being invited after last year), 4 that have posted in the thread wishing to sign up, and 5 teams yet to respond to invites (invited after playing last year, one which is my friend playing to fill space, so I can tell him not to sign up).

We're already near capacity (much faster than anticipated), so if you're left out, don't worry. Considering how fast this went, maybe a side league would work. :D

Posting from my DSi. I will join in the morning. I came home and my bed kidnapped me. If I can get free before I fall asleep I will do it tonight. Hot day, rides, fireworks, and a band. My feet hurt. :p

Hopefully there'll be room tomorrow.

At this rate, there'll surely be about half a dozen people missing out, so add me and my friend who's always up for a fantasy league and we've got another 8 team league.

Moons Monsters are going down, my Giants will crush all (despite the fact that they were the lowest scoring team last year)!

Dude. You are talking to a girl who WON her league. Well Co-one her league. Me and my sis-n-law shared a team in a league with all guys. We took first place. We have the trophy to prove it. :D

I do lots of research for this stuff. :D

And like that, we're full up!

I didn't expect that in the least, and I'm sorry to anyone who missed out.

I'm creating a second league now. People from last year who missed these sign-ups and PeterHilton get right of first refusal. After they all join, decline, I'll let people double up. :D

I don't think I want to go above 8 teams in the second league, but if it's that highly demanded, we can go to 12.

GDSFFL 2: Electric Bugaloo is now active.

If you want in on the second league, go here.

Enter:

League ID: 109540

Password: Ryland

Only join if you missed a chance at the first league and were in the league last year or are PeterHilton. If you are neither, I will remove you from the league until they get a chance to sign up. In general, if I don't know who you are, I'll remove you.

Everyone else will get a chance after they do.

Archived