what to do with bryan vessey?

i always kinda wondered what people did with bryan in TCW. its hard to justify pushing him with no mic skills, yes jobbing him seems usless too with his overness and in ring skills.

my main problem is that i find him to like a ticking time bomb in my locker room. sure most nights he goes out and does great, but then he comes back with a bad piss test and he is mad at you no matter what you do.

i tend to leave him stuck in a upper mid card rut, jobbing to people to train them for the main event.

He's never been a character that captured my interest. I considered giving him the big belt once, but the timing was never quite right. I think I needed a babyface champion, when he was a heel... or vice versa. What I ended up doing was bringing in that other Vessey, you know, the young one, and making them a tag team. Bryan cried about their occassional losses a lot, so when his contract came up he refused to resign. Which was fine by me. The drug thing I don't care about, but if you don't like my booking, I'm glad to show you the door.

I'm very insecure.

/shrug

He's one of the three most talented in-ring workers in TCW, argueably one of the ten most talented in the world. So yeah, he's worth the headdache by far.

And two, TCW is match oriented, so his lack of microphone skills isn't a huge issue. If he IS in angles, then just don't have him talk. Have him do things rated on overness. Sometimes folks are worth the trouble, and he's definetely one. If you're jobbing him, but keeping him on the roster, all you're doing is making poor use of a very, very valuable asset. It won't stop him from being a jerk, and you won't be getting as good of results from his as you could. If you release him, all you're doing is making him available for NOTBPW or SWF to snatch up and proceed to use to best you.

Bite the bullet and push him. One guy causing shenanigans backstage isn't a problem.

Push him.

I don't even know why this is a question. He's a beast. Even the AI in one of my games is aware enough of his talent to use him for his in-ring ability.

His contract came up, and as SWF i tried to poach him, and the AI would NOT let me win the bidding war.Then he reeled off like 7 A grade matches in a row.

PUSH HIM

Absolutely push him--he's an amazing worker. The threatened firing strategy that holydogg suggests has always worked to get him off the roids for me, as well, so that's a way to potentially make him slightly less of a risk to the company. A bit more than a year into my TCW game, he's actually turned into something of a locker room leader for me. I couldn't be happier with him. He immediately quit the steroids after a threatened firing and became loyal to my user character. He then quickly took Aaron Andrews under his wing as a protege. He's had several positive locker room incidents and only one negative that I can recall, and he has developed positive relationships with several other people in the back--including forming a loyalty relationship with Tama So-oialo (Kid Toma) on Tama's first day with the company.

And even if he remains a negative influence backstage, he's so valuable as a worker that he's more than worth any headaches he might cause. As far as character or storylines go, my general strategy is to stick him in a stable with a charismatic leader and use him as a silent but elite enforcer type. Currently, my main event heel stable consists of Tommy Cornell, Vessey, Rick Law and Aaron Andrews. Vessey teams regularly with his protege Andrews, and has really helped him continue to develop in the ring, and since he's regularly featured in angles with two extremely charismatic workers, his own entertainment skills have improved dramatically. An angle featuring all four of those workers, all of them rated on entertainment, almost always draws a 100 rating, so he's not holding anyone back in angles. (I always lower TCW's match ratio to 80% to better allow for use of angles, though.) And of course, as has been mentioned, he's one of the top ten pure wrestlers in the entire Cornellverse--so he can always be counted on to bring the goods in the ring. He can drag just about anyone on the roster to an A-grade match without even breaking a sweat.

Absolutely push him--he's an amazing worker. The threatened firing strategy that holydogg suggests has always worked to get him off the roids for me, as well, so that's a way to potentially make him slightly less of a risk to the company. A bit more than a year into my TCW game, he's actually turned into something of a locker room leader for me. I couldn't be happier with him. He immediately quit the steroids after a threatened firing and became loyal to my user character. He then quickly took Aaron Andrews under his wing as a protege. He's had several positive locker room incidents and only one negative that I can recall, and he has developed positive relationships with several other people in the back--including forming a loyalty relationship with Tama So-oialo (Kid Toma) on Tama's first day with the company.

And even if he remains a negative influence backstage, he's so valuable as a worker that he's more than worth any headaches he might cause. As far as character or storylines go, my general strategy is to stick him in a stable with a charismatic leader and use him as a silent but elite enforcer type. Currently, my main event heel stable consists of Tommy Cornell, Vessey, Rick Law and Aaron Andrews. Vessey teams regularly with his protege Andrews, and has really helped him continue to develop in the ring, and since he's regularly featured in angles with two extremely charismatic workers, his own entertainment skills have improved dramatically. An angle featuring all four of those workers, all of them rated on entertainment, almost always draws a 100 rating, so he's not holding anyone back in angles. (I always lower TCW's match ratio to 80% to better allow for use of angles, though.) And of course, as has been mentioned, he's one of the top ten pure wrestlers in the entire Cornellverse--so he can always be counted on to bring the goods in the ring. He can drag just about anyone on the roster to an A-grade match without even breaking a sweat.

He's one of those workers that respects tough love. The only I don't do with him is make him lose when he wants to. If he doesn't want to lose (which is usually against a lower guy), I let him win, but have him get buried/dominated. He bounces back pretty quickly anyway in a performance-based TCW.

He's freaking furious in the TCW game I was playing. :p

He's definitely a huge headache, that guy must have got caught every week with steroids, but I was afraid to punish him too bad because he's so talented. I think it ended up backfiring on me, he just kept getting more and more angry, to the point where's I'd be shocked if he re-signed when his contract is up.

I'll probably try and do what I can to get his morale up as losing someone of that caliber would be a big blow, even with a talented TCW roster.

He's freaking furious in the TCW game I was playing. :p

He's definitely a huge headache, that guy must have got caught every week with steroids, but I was afraid to punish him too bad because he's so talented. I think it ended up backfiring on me, he just kept getting more and more angry, to the point where's I'd be shocked if he re-signed when his contract is up.

I'll probably try and do what I can to get his morale up as losing someone of that caliber would be a big blow, even with a talented TCW roster.

Can always give him a huge bonus.... so he can buy more steroids with it. I think he'll accept that apology.

Well, if you're going to keep him, push him. If you decide it's okay to let him walk, okay. But if you're going to put up with his problems for the sake of his talent, you might as well maximize the use you're getting out of that talent. (And jobbing him out is just going to magnify his problems anyway.)

Well, if you're going to keep him, push him. If you decide it's okay to let him walk, okay. But if you're going to put up with his problems for the sake of his talent, you might as well maximize the use you're getting out of that talent. (And jobbing him out is just going to magnify his problems anyway.)

I agree, but sometimes I have give really crappy wins if he complains about losing. Okay, fine, I'll change the result and let you win... but you end up looking you barely squeaked by.

i couldn't stand his attitude and his drug problem so i jobbed his butt out real fast. he was losing to F- popularity guys from my dev. company and being dominated to boot.

i don't care how talented he is, if he's an a-hole, then he's out the door. i think i got him down to D+ pop before it wouldn't go any lower. about a week before his contract was up i fired him for his 50th steriod bust.....his absolute hatred for me became simply dislike, and he said he learned his lesson and was going to straighten up his life.

he moved to japan to work for BHOTWG or one of the other ones, since his popularity in japan was much higher than that in the US.......

screw that guy

Archived