Your biggest flops

In an SWF game I had going I signed Hell Monkey and tried to build him up by teaming him with Lobster Warrior and giving them the tag team titles. Thinking that having him team with a main event star would raise him up the ranks and gain more popularity he would eventually be a main eventer. However I am sad to say that it didn't work and the highest he ever got to was a Midcarder.

For me it has to be randomly created worker Karl Turnbull. He had good stats and excellent potential so I decided to push him hard and make him my black Brock Lesnar. He had great chemistry with lower-midcarder Samoan Machine so they feuded for a couple of months, pulling off B+ matches to begin with then A's as the feud went on. However, during that feud Machine jumped up to Main Eventer and Turnbull's popularity maxxed out at B-, making him an Upper-mid for life :(

I have a regen named Brad Garolfo.

88 Brawl, 94 Entertainment, 92 Consistency, and I signed him young.

He made it to the midcard, got stuck there and just would not move further. In five years he hasn't moved beyond 58 pop.

I finally found a promising option for him, discovering great chemistry as an opponent and partner with Big Cat Brandon...who was promptly stolen away on a written contract.

The worst bit is that he is a real troublemaker, and has been disrupting my backstage that whole time.

I consider Killer Shark the biggest bust in the history of my 2022 WCW game. When he left TCW after graduating from their dojo in whatever year it was - I was so freakin' excited. Here's a guy with 100 Menace who will be able to get over extremely easy. Sure, getting anyone over is actually pretty easy, but getting them to put on quality matches is another. I haven't used him since 2018 and I'm planning to sign him up soon. His 100 Menace will have him shooting up my card in no time. I just hope I'm able to get him into programs with guys who will help his Psychology and whatnot.

I'm already planning for Killer Shark vs Bruce The Giant (Bruce as the babyface legend). The size of the two of them will carry the match alone.

Aristocrat in a 0/0/0 fed from 08. SWF released him when they fell to cult, and he had developed into one of the better workers on their roster. Seeing as my champion left, I decided to have a tourney for the title, which he won. Problem was, he had bad chemistry with all 3 opponents, and that just kept going. I ended up jobbing him out and teaming him with Handsome Stranger, who he had great chemistry with.

YES! I've sacked his useless ass today.

At war with 21CW I thought it would be fun to sign their champ The Steamroller to run a hardcore program with Sharky George who was temporarily out of the title picture.

Unfortunately it turned out Steamroller was a jerk and didnt like to lose. And was quite rubbish anyway.

His final match with Sharky was "mailed in" and absolutely stunk (a 45 when I expected high 50s+) so I sacked him a week before his contract ran out out of pure spite.

I honestly think I'm better off now he's back with 21CW. Now, how to steal DJ Reason from them...

Bryan Holmes in PGHW. The guy was pulling off amazing matches with everyone, no matter how low their pop or how useless they were in the ring. If I could've gotten his pop past C+, he would've been definitely A matches everyday. Alas, he stayed at C+ for 2 years despite heavy pushing and is stuck in the role of gatekeeper for me. Sad really...

• 4 weeks later...
Eric Eisen to TCW. Huge debut push. I put him in a stable with he and Tommy Cornell as the top guys. They completely dominated TCW for a while, but whatever I did he would score low ratings. Fortunately Cornell was on fire and carried him (inside and outside the ring). But I ended up having to end my biggest storyline of the year early, as Eisen slipped down the card, to be released when his contract expired. That's what you get when yo do too much character booking.

Andre the Giant in my WotI 2 draft game. He's one of the most over wrestlers in the whole game, but can't seem to put on a good match to save his life. Making it worse are two owner goals for his pop and momentum. I put the belt on him, and entire shows started tanking until I aborted his push.

There was also a WWE diary game where I ran things mostly based on input from the readers. The A-shows were only mediocre, but our iteration of NXT bombed horribly and produced a mild boost for Low Ki and nothing for anybody else.

Trent Peak with APWF. Once upon a time, he was one of my fastest rising stars, made it all the way up to Upper Midcarder. But, his love of demanding at least one title run every year begin to wear on me, and it also meant he had to lose a title before winning it back/winning a new one. The problem is, with the exception of his Psychology he's mostly just "solid", and the lower quality of his perpetual winning/losing titles storylines started dragging down shows and, not to mention, it made it harder to get more talented people length midcard title runs.

So, long after his time feuding with the likes of Terry Lambert and Marcus McKing, Peak has now fallen all the way down to Lower Midcard, had his last APWF Tri-State title run ended without any real buildup, and has spent the last coupel of months putting over guys like Terry Carmen and Sheik Mustafa in dark matches. SWF just offered him a contract. Last time they did, I managed to keep him on board... this time, well, guess Trent can go demand title runs from them for a while. I'm not against the idea of bringing him back, but it'll be nice to not worry about trying to find ways to get midcardish belts on him and instead giving runs to the guys I really WANT to give runs.

For me, it is in my current game. I've started my own promotion, and I've hired Ekuma the Hawaiin (sp?) Strong Man. I was hoping that his skills would improve in time so he could become a Main Eventer, since he has good Menace, so I gave him my Midcard Title. But in every single match that he's been in he hasn't improved <em>at all.</em> I've checked in the editor and he literally hasn't improved at all, so I made him drop my midcard title. Now I don't know what to do with him, since all my plans for his push have failed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wrestling Century" data-cite="Wrestling Century" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29014" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For me, it is in my current game. I've started my own promotion, and I've hired Ekuma the Hawaiin (sp?) Strong Man. I was hoping that his skills would improve in time so he could become a Main Eventer, since he has good Menace, so I gave him my Midcard Title. But in every single match that he's been in he hasn't improved <em>at all.</em> I've checked in the editor and he literally hasn't improved at all, so I made him drop my midcard title. Now I don't know what to do with him, since all my plans for his push have failed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you have any veterans in your roster e.g. Joel Bryant, Bob Casey and Rafael Ruiz? If so, team Ekuma up with them. That may help/</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wrestling Century" data-cite="Wrestling Century" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29014" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For me, it is in my current game. I've started my own promotion, and I've hired Ekuma the Hawaiin (sp?) Strong Man. I was hoping that his skills would improve in time so he could become a Main Eventer, since he has good Menace, so I gave him my Midcard Title. But in every single match that he's been in he hasn't improved <em>at all.</em> I've checked in the editor and he literally hasn't improved at all, so I made him drop my midcard title. Now I don't know what to do with him, since all my plans for his push have failed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Turn off the auto-save and edit one of the narratives to Ekuma fulfills his potential.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe he already maxed out and had a bad roll. I dunno.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29014" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have any veterans in your roster e.g. Joel Bryant, Bob Casey and Rafael Ruiz? If so, team Ekuma up with them. That may help/</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I currently don't have any veterans on my roster, but I'll hire one and I will try that. Thanks for the tip!</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29014" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Turn off the auto-save and edit one of the narratives to Ekuma fulfills his potential.<p> </p><p> Maybe he already maxed out and had a bad roll. I dunno.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He probably got a really bad destiny roll. Thanks for the tip, but doing that would feel like cheating to me, and I usually don't like to play the game that way.</p>

<p>For now, it's Viv Jacobs.</p><p> </p><p>

I had plans for her and Emma Bitch to be a potent power-based tag team and feud with the top team in the promotion (Affliction). But Viv's skills were so bad (namely her safety and psychology) that she dragged down every match she participated in (even when protected). I have a team that can have a good to great match with anyone (Tayla & Brooke) but the dark match I did with them against Emma & Viv was horrific (rated in the 40s. The Icons can pull a 60+ rated match out of even an Opener tag team) so I sent Viv down. By the time she comes back, she should be much better overall (*fingers crossed*) then I have an idea for a different program for her.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Now that I think about it, add Christina Charisma and Ashley Grover to that list.</p>

Archived