The Minor Questions Thread

i start a 0/0/0 game in mexico with my own promotion and after 8 events so far, im still 0.00 of popularity in mexico.

ive been doing good shows, with good ratings.

is there something wrong?? or is normal??

thanks for your help

Do your fighters have any popularity?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just looked up the boxing weight divisions and I couldn't believe my eyes. They have divisions as little as 3 pounds long. Most of them are, in fact. The only big weights are Cruiserweight and Heavyweight.

I have to say, it's absolutely ridiculous and I can't imagine boxing sticking around too long now that MMA has taken the front seat. 3 pounds does not a difference make in a fight, boxing or otherwise. To suggest otherwise is just silly. The boxing classifications are laughable.

Boxing has tradition on its side. While MMA has certainly taken away some of boxings popularity in a lot of peoples eyes these sports arent that similar. Personally, I think MMA is promoted much better right now while boxing thinks they can live on their tradition.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey this may have been asked before, but I was just wondering what was roughly the right number of fighters to have per division.I am trying to get my game set to where ALPHA-1 and GAMMA let the young fighters actually develop instead of getting picked up with one or two fights and thrown to the wolves.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I'm noticing a weirdness with weight classes. Right now, I'm running two. Heavyweight (206-600lbs) and Light Heavyweight (186-205.) On world rankings, nearly half of the guys in my Light Heavyweight division are ranked as Middleweights. I thought maybe they were gaining weight to fight in Light Heavyweight (since it's the lightest class I have), so I created a Middleweight division (171-185) but it has no one in it, so it apparently isn't that.</p><p> </p><p>

So, it's a very minor thing, but does anyone know what's going on with this weight class weirdness? If at all possible, I'd really prefer for my guys to fight in whatever weight class they're globally ranked in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Afroduck" data-cite="Afroduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey this may have been asked before, but I was just wondering what was roughly the right number of fighters to have per division.I am trying to get my game set to where ALPHA-1 and GAMMA let the young fighters actually develop instead of getting picked up with one or two fights and thrown to the wolves.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ultimately, it's whatever you can afford and whatever you like. I have had up to 60 per division but that was just dumb. I'd have 7 cards fully booked and i'd still have guys left over. There are guys I'd forget about who hadn't fought in over a year. Unacceptable.</p><p> </p><p> I tried to cut that number in half over the years and I found that to be much better for my GAMMA promotion, but it didn't help young fighters much. The competition gets so stiff that you have to be a good fighter to get anywhere in my GAMMA. It became too hard to develop my fighters. I wish I could control a bought-out company and develop my young fighters there, but when i send guys down they don't get used.</p><p> </p><p> So... to answer your question... the more fighters the better it is for younger fighters I'd think. You have to keep some straight up cans on your roster for your future prospects to beat. With 30 fighters per division, you won't have any room for cans.</p>

I start with 16 fighter per weight class and double it up to 32 a little later, but I don't keep any cans. Fighters on winning streaks fight fighters on winning streaks, fighters on losing streaks fight fighters on losing streaks, debut vs debut, etcetera, etcetera

Practically every title fight is #1 vs #2 and lots of title defenses are a rare thing.

<p>Surprisingly, I couldn't find this in the help file, so let me ask here. During contract negotiation, what's the point of having a "The contract will be for X fights" and "The contract will guarantee up to X fights." ? I always seems to have to renew the contract with one guaranteed fight left. If I don't, they walk out after the last guaranteed fight, regardless of the other number.</p><p> </p><p>

So what's the point of having both those fields? The guaranteed number of fights seems to be the only thing that matters.</p>

<p>Do you have "The contract will be for X fights" and "The contract will guarantee up to X fights" the same?</p><p> </p><p>

If not, it sounds like your game is glitched bro.</p><p> </p><p>

"The contract will be for X fights" is how many fights you can have before the fighter leaves. If you don't resign him when he has one fight left his contract will be over and he will leave.</p><p> </p><p>

"The contract will guarantee up to X fights" is pretty much what sounds like. You are saying he will get X amount of fights, if you either cut him or his contract runs out time wise before you give him that many fights, you will have to pay him for each fight he didn't get. So let's say you signed him for a five-fight contract, all guaranteed, for 18 months at $500 a fight, yet only gave him 3 fights before the 18 months were over. You would have to pay him $1000 for the two fights he didn't get.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="green poncho" data-cite="green poncho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have "The contract will be for X fights" and "The contract will guarantee up to X fights" the same?<p> </p><p> If not, it sounds like your game is glitched bro.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going to count on a guy I just signed to be sure (as I've never specifically counted before), but if (for instance) I sign someone with a contract that guarantees 2 fights and is for 4, I'm pretty sure they've been leaving after the 2nd fight if I don't resign them. Seems that way, anyway, even though I haven't been counting fights to be sure.</p><p> </p><p> *Edit: I feel fairly certain at this point it's my game glitching. A title just disappeared and I can't book 3/4ths of my roster on shows anymore. Yeah, I think something is definitely going on with my game. Also, contracts _do_ end after the guaranteed number of fights, not however many the contract is for. Ugh.*</p>

<p>There are two main ways a contract can be finished. Either when they fight the number of fights you signed them for or whenever the agreed length of time is over. </p><p> </p><p>

So let's say you sign a guy for 5 fights, you garuntee 3 fights, and the contract is for 24 months.</p><p> </p><p>

They will fight 5 times for you regardless. Unless the 24 months passes before that time, then the contract is up. Theyll renegotiate after the 4th, but even if they sign somewhere else they'll still fight the 5th fight for you before they leave for the other company. They'll also renegotiate if they have 28 days left on the contract.</p><p> </p><p>

When you garuntee the fight, you are saying to the fighter that you are at least promising them 3 fights. If you cut them, you'll have to pay their fight salary as a penalty. YOU are making the garuntee not them. </p><p> </p><p>

But if you have a contracted fighter for 5 fights he has to fight 5 times unless you don't book him enough and the time expires on the contract.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dormammu" data-cite="dormammu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going to count on a guy I just signed to be sure (as I've never specifically counted before), but if (for instance) I sign someone with a contract that guarantees 2 fights and is for 4, I'm pretty sure they've been leaving after the 2nd fight if I don't resign them. Seems that way, anyway, even though I haven't been counting fights to be sure.<p> </p><p> *Edit: I feel fairly certain at this point it's my game glitching. A title just disappeared and I can't book 3/4ths of my roster on shows anymore. Yeah, I think something is definitely going on with my game. Also, contracts _do_ end after the guaranteed number of fights, not however many the contract is for. Ugh.*</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you have the latest patch? The roster glitch at least was fixed along time ago.</p>

<p>How do stat increases work? Do they gain stats faster when booked in more fights? That is, do they gain stats only during their preparation camp? </p><p> </p><p>

And can you influence what stats they gain? Like if you keep booking someone that's primarily a stand-up striking vs people who like to take it to the ground and submit, will their stat increases focus more on takedown defences and submission defences, as to prepare for their opponent better? </p><p> </p><p>

Or is it just dependent entirely on their camp? If so what kind of stat gains can you expect from someone not associated with a camp?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mtimmins" data-cite="mtimmins" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do stat increases work? Do they gain stats faster when booked in more fights? That is, do they gain stats only during their preparation camp? <p> </p><p> And can you influence what stats they gain? Like if you keep booking someone that's primarily a stand-up striking vs people who like to take it to the ground and submit, will their stat increases focus more on takedown defences and submission defences, as to prepare for their opponent better? </p><p> </p><p> Or is it just dependent entirely on their camp? If so what kind of stat gains can you expect from someone not associated with a camp?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty sure it's depending on camp or if they have no camp I believe they work on one of the eight (Physical, Mental, Boxing, Kick Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Ground And Pound) at the "Average" level. ex. "This fighter currentley isn't part of any camp, but is working on improving their striking".</p><p> </p><p> A fighter can end up being a can or HOFamer depending on camps and how soon they get to them.</p><p> </p><p> There is also that destiny stat, in some game a fighter can end up going to a real good camp and end up a can, while in another the same fighter might join a "bad" camp and be very successful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is camp reputation static, or can it change over time?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They change over time. Depends on the success of the fighters in it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="green poncho" data-cite="green poncho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They change over time. Depends on the success of the fighters in it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even though Jaded was the one that asked, I would like to say thanks green for the answer. I have always wondered that myself I just never thought to actually ask it.</p><p> </p><p> I have a question that may or may not have been covered already. If I were to set a fighter's tactics to fit his or her style better would that up the chances of them winning? </p><p> </p><p> The reason why I ask is I never bother with that aspect of the game and I usually let the fighter do what they want. Basically, I just want to know what gives the fighter the best shot. Changing their tactics or just leaving them as is.</p>

<p>hi guys, i create my heavyweight title and im trying to create a tournament to fill that title.</p><p> </p><p>

the problem is that my title is not showing.</p><p> </p><p>

i check the weights range and its ok...</p><p> </p><p>

what else can be??</p><p> </p><p>

thanks in advice!!</p>

<p>4th times a charm?</p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone ever do a 4th fight between 2 guys?</p><p> </p><p>

I basically never put two guys together for a 4th time on general principal. Cabral and Sugar are the only lightweight main-eventers I have at this point but Sugar won the decider to take the series 2-1 and it just seems wrong to put them together again.</p><p> </p><p>

And does this game ever seem like a big version of rock, paper, scissors to anyone else. I'll give you an example:</p><p> </p><p>

Katou beats Yamada. </p><p> </p><p>

Yamada beats Hasegawa.</p><p> </p><p>

Hasegawa beats Katou.</p><p> </p><p>

And repeat. Not a criticism, that's fairly realistic, just wondering if anyone else felt that way.</p>

I've had a 4th fight before on a few occasions. Sometimes ya just need a good main event and it's sitting there. I've never had a steller commercial rating from a 4th fight though. I'm not saying fans dont care about a 4th fight in the game... but everytime I personally have done it I feel like there was less commercial intrest in the fight. Still, I'm in a High International popularity company in GAMMA now so I need two fights pretty much both with High Popularity. The minor commercial intrest hit i MIGHT take in a 4th fight between two main eventers is better than having a main event with two less popular fighters.

Archived