What's Going on in YOUR Game?

This happened quite a long time ago and unfortunately I don't have the save anymore, but I never mentioned it on GDS and I thought it was worth sharing anyway. The last game I played, I had Manish Khan go 29 fights unbeaten with a no contest in the middle. It was crazy. He beat Ho, Sukarno, everybody.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's awesome. I've grown to dislike Manish Khan myself, simply because in my games he has a habit of giving great fighters (like the two you mentioned) upset losses without ever building up a legendary run of his own. If I had just one experience like yours (or something even slightly comparable) then I think I'd change my mind about him in a hurry. :D

That's awesome. I've grown to dislike Manish Khan myself, simply because in my games he has a habit of giving great fighters (like the two you mentioned) upset losses without ever building up a legendary run of his own. If I had just one experience like yours (or something even slightly comparable) then I think I'd change my mind about him in a hurry. :D

Yeah, I was never the biggest fan of him for similar reasons either. I was going out of my way to sign organization's champions hoping to tackle him down from top spot but it wasn't until 2005 when Brockett finally held him down for five rounds, haha.

Manish Khan handle Li-Kong Ho his first loss in my game too. Khan like others have said seems to be a dangerous opponent for the top guys raising to the occasion and capable of upsets, but also capable of laying eggs against much weaker competition.

About to hit 2006 in my GAMMA game. Not at the computer right now so I'll just briefly go over how it's been:

Champions:

Heavyweight --- Murilo Satinho (2)

Light-Heavyweight --- Jiroemon Hasegawa

Middleweight --- Isaiah Monroe (2)

Welterweight --- Gideon Navarro

Lightweight --- Manuel Silva (2)

Featherweight --- Rafael Tavares

Lucas Martinez is my biggest re-gen story, having grinded his way through the heavyweight rankings besting Raul Hughes & eventually handing Hassan Fezzik his first loss ever and winning the belt. Fezzik was 39-0 looking to go for the big 40 but was unable to get past Martinez, and in his return fight was unable to best Pai Cheng in a huge upset. Fezzik is now waiting for his last fight before retirement so its a toss up about whether he'll win or lose.

Ben Marquardt is another big re-gen success story, having avenged his loss to Raul Hughes with a big stoppage but hasn't yet tasted Heavyweight gold.

Marlon John has been fighter of the game so far, defending his Light-Heavyweight belt a record 16 times before losing his first ever fight to Affonso Villar.

I'll go in to a bit more detail when I head home tonight!

Hey, I'm actually playing the game instead of watching it play with itself! (err...)

- Dave Bautista vs. Junior 'Cigano' dos Santos

- From player-controlled event 'UFC on FOX' (from the save game 'cabbagepatch')

- Created 07 October 2014

>It's time for the main event of the evening! Dave Bautista will battle Junior 'Cigano' dos Santos in the UFC Heavyweight division.

>UFC have been promoting Bautista like crazy in the build up to this fight, so they'll be expecting big things from him in this fight.

>We are underway!

>There is an exchange of strikes, but neither fighter does any damage.

>dos Santos avoids a quick jab and hits a spinning back fist, putting Bautista down on the ground!

>Bautista recovers his wits quickly, and waits for dos Santos to make a move.

>dos Santos leans over and throws a right hand that tags Bautista, who is lying on his back.

>On his back, Bautista watches as dos Santos comes in looking to get a dominant ground position.

>Bautista tries to get free, but dos Santos is able to secure side control.

>dos Santos looks to roll Bautista slightly and slip behind.

>dos Santos takes the back, Bautista couldn't stop it.

>dos Santos successfully gets both hooks in, and seems primed to finish.

>dos Santos, with both hooks fully in, tries to get the rear naked choke applied.

>Bautista doesn't allow the rear naked choke to be applied.

>dos Santos maintains his hooks, despite Bautista trying to break them.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>dos Santos has solid control over Bautista, and starts pounding away with right hands.

>Bautista is barely able to do anything at all, he cannot get out from under dos Santos!

>The referee has seen enough, he pulls dos Santos off!

>Junior dos Santos takes the victory by way of TKO!

>Official Result: Junior 'Cigano' dos Santos defeats Dave Bautista (TKO (Strikes) in 3:30 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Sucks for Bautista, but great for dos Santos! Come to think of it, didn't Lesnar lose in his first UFC fight? :p

Currently running a twenty man round robin-style King of Pancrase tournament to kick off my new Dawn of MMA game that's taking way longer than expected. Almost two years in, goddamn. Renzo Gracie, Bas Rutten, Ikuhisa Minowa, Takafumi Ito and Masakatsu Funaki currently have the most points. Everybody must face everybody in the tournament roster and then will culminate in an eight-man one night tournament that includes the eight men with the highest point tally to name the greatest fighter of the 1990s.

Outside of the tournament, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka just submitted Royce, Rickson and Couture in his last three bouts. Marcos Ruas is doing super well and Ken Shamrock is about to join my roster. Pretty hectic save so far.

Still can't believe this has happened.

http://i.gyazo.com/c4febdd426e6f3848f492be342674c23.png

In a previous game he was a scrub, in this one he is 13-0. He has beaten Noach van der Capellen twice, Ross Bradley twice and a bunch of other top guys. 11 of his 13 wins are over ranked guys. 9 of them finishes, and the two that weren't were one sided beatdowns (His rematch against Ross Bradley was a 50-43 decision. Had like 4 knockdowns and Bradley was saved by the bell in at least one submission).

He was #1 P4P until his most recent fight where 3 guys passed him in the performance stat.

Next up is Manuel Silva who I stole from FLB. If he beats him I think I'm going to have him move down to LW where there are more ranked guys for him to fight because he has effectively cleaned out the WW division.

Still can't believe this has happened.

http://i.gyazo.com/c4febdd426e6f3848f492be342674c23.png

In a previous game he was a scrub, in this one he is 13-0. He has beaten Noach van der Capellen twice, Ross Bradley twice and a bunch of other top guys. 11 of his 13 wins are over ranked guys. 9 of them finishes, and the two that weren't were one sided beatdowns (His rematch against Ross Bradley was a 50-43 decision. Had like 4 knockdowns and Bradley was saved by the bell in at least one submission).

He was #1 P4P until his most recent fight where 3 guys passed him in the performance stat.

Next up is Manuel Silva who I stole from FLB. If he beats him I think I'm going to have him move down to LW where there are more ranked guys for him to fight because he has effectively cleaned out the WW division.

Bernie Cohen fights at FW in my save hes like a top 25 guy in the division but seems to lose to all the top guys. he's 20-11 with losses to Manoel Cabral, Lamont Banner , Motoki Hojo split loss, Laguera and Rafael Tavares.

im in 2002 so he's in the prime of his career so this is the stage where he needs to put together some wins if he's ever going to challenge for a title.

Bernie Cohen fights at FW in my save hes like a top 25 guy in the division but seems to lose to all the top guys. he's 20-11 with losses to Manoel Cabral, Lamont Banner , Motoki Hojo split loss, Laguera and Rafael Tavares.

im in 2002 so he's in the prime of his career so this is the stage where he needs to put together some wins if he's ever going to challenge for a title.

That is what is so surprising to me. He is better off at LW/FW and yet is dominating 20 pounds above his natural weight. He submits the superior strikers and KO's the superior grapplers. It's pretty remarkable.

Tore Herlovsen has been on a crazy run in my new SIGMA game. He's went 4-0 with 4 (T)KO's, 2 Fantastic ratings, 1 Good and 1 Average. I gave him a title shot, he was ranked at #2 behind Fjodor Kanchelsis who recently recaptured his title with a dominant wrestling win over Jaromir Grygera. I thought Herlovsen has NO chance whatsoever in the fight, Kanchelskis is known as a tough guy (80-90% chin) with excellent wrestling and probably even better boxing than the Norwegian.

Guess yet? Herlovsen won by 4th round KO, putting Kanchelskis on the shelf for almost 4 months, but not before the former champ absolutely schooled him on the ground for 3 rounds. Kanchelskis was landing more on the feet and took Herlovsen down in each round and beat him up with knees from the side control and claimed mount more than once. Somehow the Norwegian didn't get finished though, and now we have a new champion at 9-0, low level national, and ranked #6 in the world. Who would've thought that a 30-year old with just above average striking and poor / average grappling would be so good.

Currently into 2017 with a Titan FC game, first I have really got my teeth sunk into for awhile. I've had some interesting results, and tried to model my recruit on similar level companies in the US. Here are my current (and former) champs.

--

FLYWEIGHT

Current Champion: Damacio Page (22-10)

(won against Pietro Menga (17-1), 2nd Round KO (Kick))

No Defences

Former Champions

Pietro Menga (17-1)

(won against Pedro Nobre (20-2-2-1), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

Defenses: 1

vs. Henry Cejudo (10-1) via 5th Round KO (Kick)

Pedro Nobre (20-2-2-1)

(won against Damacio Page (22-10), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

No Defenses.

BANTAMWEIGHT

Current Champion: Miguel Angel Torres (45-6)

(won against LC Davis (23-7), 3rd Round Submission (Arm Triangle))

vs. John Albert (9-6) via 2nd Round TKO (Strikes)

Former Champions

LC Davis (23-7)

(won against Joe Soto (13-5), 2nd Round KO (Punch))

No Defenses.

FEATHERWEIGHT

Current Champion: Gleristone Santos (30-4)

(won against Eric Marriott (26-7), 2nd Round KO (Punch))

vs. Alan Omer (22-5) via 1st Round KO (Punch)

Former Champions

Eric Marriott (26-7)

(won against Kalvin Hackney (14-6), 3rd Round Submission (Armbar))

No Defenses.

LIGHTWEIGHT

Current Champion: Terry Etim (20-5)

(won against Henry Martinez (13-5), 4th Round KO (Kick))

No Defenses

Former Champions

Henry Martinez (13-5)

(won against Jason High (21-7), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

No Defenses

Jason High (21-7)

(won against Mike Ricci (13-6), 4th Round KO (Kick))

No Defenses

Mike Ricci (13-6)

(won against Jorge Gurgel (17-10), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

No Defenses

WELTERWEIGHT

Current Champion: Dan Hornbuckle (27-5)

(won against Brian Foster, 2nd Round KO (Punch))

Defenses: 2

vs. DaMarques Johnson (18-15) via 2nd Round Submission (Armbar)

vs. Murilo Santana (7-1) via 2nd Round KO (Punch)

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Current Champion: Alessio Sakara (20-12-1)

(won against Fabio da Costa (13-1-1), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

No defenses

Former Champions

Fabio da Costa (13-1-1)

(won against Michael Kuiper (17-5), 1st Round Submission (Guillotine))

vs. Delson Heleno (26-8) via 3rd Round Submission (Guillotine))

Michael Kuiper (17-5)

(won against Hector Urbina (), 3rd Round TKO)

No defenses.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Current Champion: Vinny Magalhaes (15-8-1)

(won against Aaron Rosa (22-6), 3rd Round TKO)

vs. Joey Beltran (17-12-1) via 3rd Round Submission (Americana)

Former Champions

Aaron Rosa (22-6)

(won against Anton Berzin (7-3), 2nd Round TKO)

No Defenses.

HEAVYWEIGHT

Current Champion: Tony Johnson (10-3)

(won against Philip de Fries (14-4-1), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

No Defenses.

Former Champions

Philip de Fries (14-4-1)

(won against Walt Harris (10-6), 5th Round Decision (Unanimous))

vs. Dave Herman (25-10) via 5th Round KO (Punch)

--

Scheduled Title Fights

Flyweight: Damacio Page (22-10) vs. winner of Pedro Nobre (20-2-2-1) vs. Jonathon Brookins (15-7)

Bantamweight: Miguel Angel Torres (45-6) vs. Anthony Gutierrez (7-1)

Featherweight: Gleristone Santos (30-4) vs. Noah Zamora (9-1)

Lightweight: Terry Etim (20-5) vs. Rene Nazere (14-3)

Welterweight: Dan Hornbuckle (27-5) vs. winner of Carlos Eduardo Rocha (14-3) vs. Brock Jardine (16-5)

Middleweight: Alessio Sakara (20-12-1) vs. winner of John Phillips (21-7-1) vs. Brian Rogers (14-9)

Light Heavyweight: Vinny Magalhaes (15-8-1) vs. winner of Jamal Patterson (13-3) vs. Corey Anderson (6-2)

Heavyweight: Tony Johnson (10-3) vs. Nick Gaston (11-1-1)

• 2 weeks later...

More to come later, but I had to post this now.

SIGMA 16, week 2 of January, 1999--"Ice Cold" Lars Bohlin defending his Featherweight Championship against "Little Dragon" Li-Kong Ho.

Bohlin wins by decision in an Abysmal match, handing Ho the first loss of his career and probably winning worst match of the year.

Wow.

Edit--If you were the promoter/owner of SIGMA, how would you sell this? I'd hyped the match big time (figured it'd be awesome and Ho would win), but Lars Bohlin just won for the European promotion over the debuting challenger who was the #1 Featherweight in the world. Change Bohlin's nickname to "The Dragon Slayer"? Boost his name value? Or is it not that big a deal?

SIGMA 16, week 2 of January, 1999--"Ice Cold" Lars Bohlin defending his Featherweight Championship against "Little Dragon" Li-Kong Ho.

Bohlin wins by decision in an Abysmal match, handing Ho the first loss of his career and probably winning worst match of the year.

Wow.

Edit--If you were the promoter/owner of SIGMA, how would you sell this? I'd hyped the match big time (figured it'd be awesome and Ho would win), but Lars Bohlin just won for the European promotion over the debuting challenger who was the #1 Featherweight in the world. Change Bohlin's nickname to "The Dragon Slayer"? Boost his name value? Or is it not that big a deal?

I stopped hyping any of Li-Kong Ho's fights because in the 4 title fights I've hyped all 4 have been rated as poor. if you hype a fight and its a dull fight than the ratings go down as I understand it. for example if you don't hype it and its an average fight if you'd had hyped the same fight large it would be rated poor.

Wow.

At the beginning I always find that Bohlin is a MONSTER, he can handle any man. But after one or two years.. he's not the same anymore.

I stopped hyping any of Li-Kong Ho's fights because in the 4 title fights I've hyped all 4 have been rated as poor. if you hype a fight and its a dull fight than the ratings go down as I understand it. for example if you don't hype it and its an average fight if you'd had hyped the same fight large it would be rated poor.

Whether or not you hype it has nothing to do with the final score of the match. Hyping an average match still makes it average. The hype translates to popularity gains for the fighters and increases attendance/views/buys for the event.

For example, if you hype Li-Kong Ho and he comes out and does terrible, he's going to take a popularity dive. If you hype him and he destroys his opponent in ten seconds, he'll look awesome. Same goes for the fight itself; if you hype it and it delivers, the fighters and the event will go better.

Whether or not you hype it has nothing to do with the final score of the match. Hyping an average match still makes it average. The hype translates to popularity gains for the fighters and increases attendance/views/buys for the event.

For example, if you hype Li-Kong Ho and he comes out and does terrible, he's going to take a popularity dive. If you hype him and he destroys his opponent in ten seconds, he'll look awesome. Same goes for the fight itself; if you hype it and it delivers, the fighters and the event will go better.

from the help file

You will notice that you can optionally assign a Hype Level to each fight. There are two types; hyping the match or hyping a specific fighter. If you hype the match itself, you are essentially telling fans that it’s going to be an exciting contest. If the fight then lives up to expectations, you will be rewarded with a small bonus in terms of the match rating (the expectations and reward are both based on the level of hype - the more hype, the bigger they are). On the flip side, if the fight does not live up to expectations then the match rating will be even lower, simulating the fans’ disappointment. If you hype a specific fighter, you are telling the fans to expect him to not only win, but to do so in style. If he meets the expectations that the hype has created, he will gets boosts to his popularity and reputation; if he does not meet the expectations, he will get penalties. Hype levels are therefore a way of “gambling” on results and performances to deliver quicker boosts.

• 2 weeks later...
In my game, O+ from Blackman, with only the lady, there is no more unemployed fighter.. all the girls are in one of the nine company. At each event, a lot of girl are hired by the other company :p

9 companies got active at the same time? That wasn't supposed to happen. :(

Well, I'm not creating any more renders. It's been enough. :p

As for Li-Kong Ho vs Bohlin: I'd never hype that. The match is destined to be average or lower, so you'd just be screwing yourself over. The match hype doesn't really result in extra sales anyway, and if you were to get some extra $$ out of it, you wouldn't need them anyway. Hyping Ho himself is also kinda weird, as he'd just ask for a bigger paycheck. The consecutive wins will make sure his pop level stays on par with your organisation's.

As for Li-Kong Ho vs Bohlin: I'd never hype that. The match is destined to be average or lower, so you'd just be screwing yourself over. The match hype doesn't really result in extra sales anyway, and if you were to get some extra $$ out of it, you wouldn't need them anyway. Hyping Ho himself is also kinda weird, as he'd just ask for a bigger paycheck. The consecutive wins will make sure his pop level stays on par with your organisation's.

I kind of wish Bohlin would lose already--he's had two "Abysmal"-rated title defenses in a row, both of which I thought he would lose (he just beat Tomohiro Takeuchi by split decision). I'm trying to build new featherweight contenders who come from Europe (so not Lamont Banner), but it's not as quick as I'd want.

9 companies got active at the same time? That wasn't supposed to happen. :(

It's from me. In the original, there are only 4 company i think ? 9 companies, that make a little challenge to keep your girls :p (Even if strangely, the girl in WMMA3 are so eeaaasy to steal and to keep, like the federation don't care about them.. it's not the same thing for the men)

It's from me. In the original, there are only 4 company i think ? 9 companies, that make a little challenge to keep your girls :p (Even if strangely, the girl in WMMA3 are so eeaaasy to steal and to keep, like the federation don't care about them.. it's not the same thing for the men)

I don't think Adam programmed a difference between the sexes. It's just a variable. But obviously, in the database, you're free to cherrypick the ones you want as there's no competition apart from XCC/WEFF (the one you're not playing :p). But I'd advise to let one go out of business. Having 0 free agents is not a healthy environment as companies will attract them but lack the amount of workers to do consistent shows.

Archived