*JANUARY RELEASE* MCD Real World Data.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update away. Anyone.

And Rone, be a jerk fine, but you did nail it right on the head. I dont need to put up with anyone being negative. While I'm not yelling "mommy" because, in a case like this there is none, I'm simply doing the adult thing and saying "meh" and walking away.

Don't be a dick

gotta love the e-jerks.

Anywho...I am trying to complete a Super Data pack that has some of MCD and KYR tied into the mix, but right now I am trying to work the kinks out of it (checking for bugs, making sure it sims right). I will post a thread on it once I finish editing.

Update away. Anyone.

And Rone, be a jerk fine, but you did nail it right on the head. I dont need to put up with anyone being negative. While I'm not yelling "mommy" because, in a case like this there is none, I'm simply doing the adult thing and saying "meh" and walking away.

And we lose yet another quality mod & mod maker for the same reason. Thanks for all of your work over the years MrC hope to see you back someday.

Aren't you guys sick of this happening every year?

Mommy! They were being mean to me!

Apparently not :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that you're giving up on the mod. I personally hope nothing I said helped influence it in a negative way. I know there were others but I never would of wanted any of that to happen at all. I do want to thank you for the consistent and quality updates you made. I played many games with your mod and had many hours of enjoyment with TEW I might not have had if it wasn't for being able to play the mod. I've spent time messing around with trying to create a mod of my own and I learned how tough it can be to balance everything out. I credit you for taking the time out to do that and do it every single month as an update. I hope that maybe someday you'll change your mind and return but if you don't, thanks again for everything you've done.

Just want to say, thank you for the work you've put into the MCD, MrCanada. We might not always see eye-to-eye on things, but much respect to you for the effort you put into this and giving the community carte blanche to continue it.

As for those of you being negative about this, while it's sad to see MrCanada stepping away from this project, he did give us permission to update it as we see fit. Mr.Macho has offered to continue it, I have an idea for a project I've been playing around with that I may use this MCD for, and maybe others will step up to add their own versions. This isn't the first mod/mod maker we've lost over the years this series has been out and it's never killed the community yet.

Minor problem but if it could be fixed for the next update.

Melina's Divas title reign don't match. On the title itself it says 2 reigns. But when I made her champion it says Current Champion 2 reign should say third. I think its not recognizing her 1st reign.

Also when I re-activate the Womens Championship Layla is listed as the champion from the first time she won till the date you activate. If you could set the title to Vacate so she doesn't get this year long reign.

Same problem with the ECW championship & Ezekiel Jackson.

Small problems but fixing them would save me from starting over again.

Thank You Great mod by the way.:cool:

Minor problem but if it could be fixed for the next update.

Melina's Divas title reign don't match. On the title itself it says 2 reigns. But when I made her champion it says Current Champion 2 reign should say third. I think its not recognizing her 1st reign.

Also when I re-activate the Womens Championship Layla is listed as the champion from the first time she won till the date you activate. If you could set the title to Vacate so she doesn't get this year long reign.

Same problem with the ECW championship & Ezekiel Jackson.

Small problems but fixing them would save me from starting over again.

Thank You Great mod by the way.:cool:

There is going to be no update read the last page,

And we lose yet another quality mod & mod maker for the same reason. Thanks for all of your work over the years MrC hope to see you back someday.

Aren't you guys sick of this happening every year?

Apparently not :rolleyes:

Genadi, i will borrow your words if you allow me to do so. And will also add that i really don't understand how people don't get sick of this happening! If you don't like it, don't play it and don't be stupid about it. Constructive criticism is one thing...but some of the things said here...were ridiculous. And now maybe some of those people will learn to shut the hell u. I fully support your decision MrCanada, but will trully miss these mods, as i used to regularly play them. Oh well...let's see what the future brings us.

Thanks for everything, MrCanada. ;)

Edit: Does anyone still remember where i can find that tool, or mod, or wahtever it was that allows us to see grades and numbers at the same time?

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to tank you MrC for all the updates you have done in the past for us all.

To all the negative people, shame on you.

I appreciate the kind words, but as I said, I was getting burnt out with wrestling and TEW anyway. I may return in the future, assuming wrestling catches my interest again. And I have a hint of 'Mania bug, so it might just be that talking.

Anther problem is I think I lost touch with what my original goal was with the data, I never wanted the largest data in the world, and i started to put to much pressure on myself to keep expanding the data, even when I really didnt want too (stuff like the inclusion of Chikara is an example of this). It is also quiet a burn out doing all the work myself, but I'm also too opinionated to typically work with others.

<p>I've said it before, and I'll say it again...</p><p> </p><p>

IF you never have even tried to make a database, you have no idea how much work (actual work that is NOT fun) it takes. Sure, certain things are fun to mod makers, and every mod maker doesn't like doing the same things...</p><p> </p><p>

However, more then half of the data is "work" that the mod maker (or makers)<strong> do </strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NOT</span></strong><strong> want to have to do</strong>, but do to complete the data for all of us that play. This is not to be confused with "less fun to do" stuff,<strong> it's stuff they </strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">DO NOT</span></strong><strong> want to do.</strong> NO Mod maker I have ever talked to liked doing everything, and I can't think of a single one that liked doing even half of a full database. So don't even think of having the mindset of "if you don't like it don't do it" because we wouldn't have ANY mods at all to enjoy.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The ONLY REWARD that a mod-maker has, is for someone to enjoy what they've created.</span></strong><strong> That's it... nothing more. No matter if they have an Ego or not, this is the only reward they get (outside of being able to play it themselves).</strong> The other thing is... once you've done so much modding, playing it is not as "fun" as it is to other's that didn't make it.... Meaning, there is no surprises in it for you (outside of oddball things that didn't show up when testing). Remember, most of the times mods have tested their data so much they can't even give you an accurate number, because they lost count.... and those that can or think they can are probably not considering all the times they went and tested just one thing (Network handling of a prommotion, owner goals, etc). </p><p> </p><p>

In closing of my semi-rant... I'd like to point out that all mods I know are open to suggestions.<strong> Negative feedback does not equal "suggestions". </strong>Stats are<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> ALL </span></strong>opinions, not facts,.... etc. etc...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>I'm dissapointed in losing another MOD MAKER. In the words of Genadi "</strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Aren't you guys sick of this happening every year</span></strong><strong>?"</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Something to think about: </p><p> </p><p>

How many times have you ever seen another mod-maker go into a different mod-maker's thread and give back negative feedback?</p><p> </p><p>

The reason why this rarely happens, is because any Mod-Maker that has put in any time trying to create a fair and balanced world for players to play, knows how much work it takes to do it. They might offer "help", they might offer a suggestion or two if their is a problem that the Mod-Maker is haveing a problem with... but it's very rare that someone will give negative feedback on someone else's mod.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for all your hard work and TIME MrCanada.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="30162" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In other words, don't be honest. Just feed their egos.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why do you continue to act out? It's not about feeding egos... If they truly had egos, they wouldn't be doing anything for free. If you dont like the mods, dont use it. The game comes with a database, that's what you pay for. You're not owed anything else.</p>

He doesn't ask for feedback on what he has done though so yes you should keep your mouth shut. (And know your role)

This is a great piece of work and I am using it (modified to begin in March) for my diary and I am having great fun! :D

What all have you done? I'd be interested in getting a copy of the data with the changes you've made... pheenin' for another update....

I have to completely agree with Genadi on this. I have very little interest in playing the C-Verse because everything is way too structured to be any fun for me. I play mods because I have way more options of who to push and what to do in-game. Pretty soon we'll all be left with just the default, sterile C-Verse to play because of a few loud-mouthed schnooks (to quote a cartoon character) who don't have the drive and talent for making even decent mods whining because "lousy wrestler X in WWe isn't great". Let me let you whiners in on a secret:

YOU'RE PLAYING IN RYLAND'S WORLD NOT THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!

Mr. Canada stated plainly why women's ratings were lowered, and given how the game is structured, he HAD to do this. Would you love a mod where 2 little-known women wrestlers were just as over as John Cena? NO! Guess what, that would happen if they were given decent skills. There is no way to keep someone from getting over IN THIS GAME unless you nerf their skills PERIOD! And of course as has been stated several times, instead of whining like a 3-year old, you can edit the data yourself to your hearts content. Well, that's much more work than whining thus why you're still on here going WHAAAAA!!! Grow up, shut up, and actually put out your own stuff. I'm tired of losing people who have talent and ability to jerks.

There should only be 3 comments made to mod makers

1. When's it coming out?

2. There's a bug (then explain the bug NOT stat complaints unless it's just glaring like a 0 in something)

3. Thank you! This mod is so much fun.

That's it.

There should only be 3 comments made to mod makers

1. When's it coming out?

2. There's a bug (then explain the bug NOT stat complaints unless it's just glaring like a 0 in something)

3. Thank you! This mod is so much fun.

That's it.

Even further, if you dont like the way someone scored something, just fix it.

Genadi's not only the best mod maker on here, but my best "internet friend". I ALWAYS change his mods, to fit inline more with how I interpret things.

What all have you done? I'd be interested in getting a copy of the data with the changes you've made... pheenin' for another update....

I took Mr. Macho's updated of it and well I can't say because of spoilers in 3/3 what I've done but I've jst added contracts to TNA that they should have but TBTH I missed a lot so I just hired them when I started the game :p I'm quite stupid @ times. But I took Mr. Macho's d@a and change alignments of Immortal added and

put the title on Sting I have done any wwe, I can link you to the Mr.Macho update if you like :D be sure to turn Hernandez as well I forgot :p

I took Mr. Macho's updated of it and well I can't say because of spoilers in 3/3 what I've done but I've jst added contracts to TNA that they should have but TBTH I missed a lot so I just hired them when I started the game :p I'm quite stupid @ times. But I took Mr. Macho's d@a and change alignments of Immortal added and

n I have done any wwe, I can link you to the Mr.Macho update if you like :D be sure to turn Hernandez as well I forgot :p

yes please. :D

Archived