In the Cornelverse, some interesting things have happened, but Bruce The Giant intrigues me.

He's shown he doesn't have that big a problem of going to a smaller promotion to help out a friend. With his knees becoming worse, is this something that may happen again in the next TEW game??? He helps out Sam Strong in USPW, maybe he helps out somebody else. He's Australian, could he think about helping out an old friend (The Comedian... j/k).

Just looking for people's thoughts

The thing about Bruce in USPW is that Strong was still able to pay him market value. He's not taking a tiny contract just because he's friends with the owner. I don't think there are any Regional promotions with the finances to support a contract like what Bruce would take - except maybe Zen after they get the boost, but they are hardly the right product. I could see him maybe going to anothe rmid-level Cult promotion with good money, like CGC, but smaller than that? I agree with Mr. T - I just think he's too big.

I think Bruce is simply too big for the Australian scene. It would make a plausible dynasty concept but as far as the regular C-Verse goes, I doubt it as an active wrestler.

Agreed. He makes more money and gets more attention showing up and wrestling once a month for USPW than he would in even the "biggest" Australian company. And it's not like they could pay him even close to what USPW does, and it wouldn't help him wrestle any more often.

But as a dynasty, with just a bit of effort... I could see it.

That said, his popularity in Australian needs to be fixed. There's next to zero reason why he wouldn't be huge there as well.

Plus, Larry Wood should work in Australia. Almost completely unrelated, but I can't help but think him not working there at this point is more oversight of Australian not existing as long as Larry Wood in TEW.

What if he were to become a joint owner/unsackable booker of one of the Austrailian feds?

That would be the way to do it. Give him an unreasonably low contract to start, since he's essentially bankrolling it, and make him a permanent fixture.

I'm actually a very big fan of the Larry Wood character. He's in his 40s, and is still one of the best in-ring working big men in the game. Great psychology, good brawler/hardcore, great as a monster heel.

I've actually used him in the PSW with a stable including The Good Ole' Boys. Makes for a great group of brawlers.

The thing about Bruce in USPW is that Strong was still able to pay him market value. He's not taking a tiny contract just because he's friends with the owner. I don't think there are any Regional promotions with the finances to support a contract like what Bruce would take - except maybe Zen after they get the boost, but they are hardly the right product. I could see him maybe going to anothe rmid-level Cult promotion with good money, like CGC, but smaller than that? I agree with Mr. T - I just think he's too big.

Well, ZEN have a narrative set where they get millions of dollars pumped into them... sounds like a place that could pay Bruce top dollar if they really wanted to.

And agreed with some other posters too... I think a handful of workers are overlooked with regards being bookable in Australia. I also just noticed yesterday that Avatars aren't set to work Australia either, which is an incredibly minor oversight.

I'd love to see Bruce the Giant return to Australia and settle down. RAW has a promotion style that would mean he'd never have to worry about being able to work hard, but he's a giant... he can pretty much do what he pleases wherever he goes, and I think he'd be perfect for a return down under in future releases of TEW. And he's got his pick of promotions, though I can't really see him in DIW given his age and physical condition.

I don't think there are any Regional promotions with the finances to support a contract like what Bruce would take - except maybe Zen after they get the boost, but they are hardly the right product.

Well, ZEN have a narrative set where they get millions of dollars pumped into them... sounds like a place that could pay Bruce top dollar if they really wanted to.

Dont forget that ZEN is in New Zealand. Bruce "returning home" there would be like Edd Stone coming back... to the Bahamas.

Dont forget that ZEN is in New Zealand. Bruce "returning home" there would be like Edd Stone coming back... to the Bahamas.

He'd be a heel then... and probably getting his travelling expenses paid for him to come over and lord his size over all those Kiwi midgets. :p

In accordance with the 1997 C'Verse mod, they do. They had Everest in '97 and they have him in the now.

Does he really qualify as a "star", though? :-)

He might be the only example I've seen, to be honest. Unless which Street brother is there in '97 left and came back.

Does he really qualify as a "star", though? :-)

He might be the only example I've seen, to be honest. Unless which Street brother is there in '97 left and came back.

Yeah I think he is the only one.

And Everest - thanks to E-V and jhd1 - is a star. He is Freddy Garcia's big huggable muffin star!

Sid Streets is in both '77 and '97, so I like to imagine he stuck around that 20 year gap.

Yeah, he's the one I was thinking of. I don't know if the '97 mod is that careful with such things, but his length of service should show in his contract. I'll have to check when I have access to the game...

Archived