When Bully Gets Hurt

SaySo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was heavily bullied up through middle school... finally lashed out and ended up seriously screwing up this fat kid's nose. It probably helped that my anger over his douchebaggery somehow lead to me being on a desk, and the actual fight started when he swung at my knees and I dived off in a manner classmates described as "like one of the Hardy Boys". Best part? Principal knew about my situation with bullying, and ultimately decided to suspend the other guy for a week and me not at all. Made up for the time six kids jumped me (actually having mistaken me for someone else) and, cause I was delirious from a severe beating, only I got "caught fighting" and thus suspended. WTF.

But, pretty sure I broke his nose (saw him in the nurse's office afterwards, and there was a glorious amount of blood gushing from his nose). After that, people stopped screwing with me. Got into a scuffle my Junior year of high school cause a couple of the other football players started sexually harrassing me, and I got all 6'3" of Tyrell Williams down on the lockerroom floor thanks to some careful leverage-usage. A couple of stomps later and I figured the terrified expression on his cohort's face meant I'd proven my point.

And the point is, sometimes violence is the absolute only, and best, solution to bullying. Trying to ignore them, trying to get adults involved... doesn't always work. In fact, it usually doesn't from what I've both seen and experienced. Which is what pisses me off with this situation: Casey Heynes should NOT be punished in the slightest. He defended himself, and any kid who has a big enough head to go around punching folks with four years and a good 100 pounds on them is in dire need a good assbeating. But it sends a horrible message, that you'll be punished for defending yourself. Kids should be encouraged to stand up for themselves, and parents should be responsible enough to raise their kids so they aren't little monsters to others.

And, let's be honest: there's no way that scrawny kid bullies anyone else while he attends that school ever again. No amount of detention or "time-out" or talks with his parents could afford that. But getting bodyslammed onto concrete, and having it plastered all over the internet, simply because you're an *******? That's the golden ticket right there.

It's great to see a bully getting totally pwned like that, totally made my day.

Unfortunately, hearing that he's being punished for standing up for himself is relly unfair. He was punched repeatedly (and probably not for the first time either) and he done the right thing in defending himself, and hopefully teaching the bully a lesson he'll never forget. Bullies should never be allowed to win, and if it takes one kid hitting a dominator on every school bully to ensure that happens then I'm all for it. :)

When something like this goes down, or any kind of assault where the perpetrator is a young kid, you know that the first response of the parents is always going to be to blame everyone else involved but themselves. When did parents stop looking in the mirror for the reason their darling turned into a little Hitler? It wasn't always this way. Used to be the little **** got a swift clip around the ear and told that they were raised better than that. Now, the parents look to pin the blame on everyone except the people who raised Johnny Hitler.

Legend - that's the best way to stop being bullied, and to make a bulier stop. But if he's the type of kid who's parents are going to try and sue (seriously - how about trying to stop your kid being a dully first?) I see him being back... but with someone half his size in the future.

And they seriously need to suspend to kid who recorded it as well. Standing around doing nothing because you were "intimidated" is one thing, recording it is quite another, and he should definately be suspended for longer than Casey.

Although I do think a Casey suspension is correct. He could have seriously injured the other kid, so a line needs to be drawn somewhere. Bodyslamming onto the concrete is over that line. However, it should be a short suspension, with no ill held towards him when he returns (even a "we know why you did it, just try running him over to the grass next time and you wont get into trouble"). Schools and colleges have to have rules - the last thing you want is a free reign for people to use "self defense" as an excuse for bullying.

Guest Inadvertant
When something like this goes down, or any kind of assault where the perpetrator is a young kid, you know that the first response of the parents is always going to be to blame everyone else involved but themselves. When did parents stop looking in the mirror for the reason their darling turned into a little Hitler? It wasn't always this way. Used to be the little **** got a swift clip around the ear and told that they were raised better than that. Now, the parents look to pin the blame on everyone except the people who raised Johnny Hitler.

Fun fact, I recently crapped out an essay similar to this; about how people can never accept responsibility for their own actions and faults.

Archived