The Movie Game Thread

mad5226

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll327/crayotic/Pilot.png

Title - Pilot

Studio - Just As Planned Pictures ($1,580,000 available)

Director - Lucky McKee (100k)

Lead Actor/s - Mark Salling (30k)

Lead Actress - Mila Kunis (30k)

Supporting Actor - Christopher Mintz (30k)

Supporting Actress - Ashley Tisdale (10k), Trish Stratus (25k)

Genre - Horror

Synopsis - In Pilot, Clare Stricker (Kunis) is an aspiring actress who finds herself selected to be a part of a test pilot for a new competitive reality series, alongside a variety of clashing characters including the bad boy Jacob (Salling), air-head Jayci Jones (Tisdale), and a super-nerd who never knows when to shut up (Mintz). The reality series show is the brainchild of executive producer Gina Tauren (Stratus), and is best described as a Big Brother'esque show where all of the participants are sealed in a large house and every move is filmed from multiple cameras in every room.

All seems fine as the 48 hour test pilot begins filming, but things take a turn for the worse when one of the participants is found dead in a swimming pool and no one response is heard from the outside production team. Quickly the game becomes deadly serious as it becomes obvious that a masked killer is sealed in the house with them, and the participants of the competition find themselves grumsomely murdered one by one.

With paranoia and fear at an all time high, it is up to the remaining participants to find a way to survive the reality show massacre, before everyone finds themselves "eliminated" permanently.

Notes: The gimmick of Pilot is that the majority of it will be shown to audiences just like they would be watching a multiple streams of Big Brother (with a happy by-product of this being that production doesn't have to be slick ;)). There is also a large "whodunit" component to the film, as there will be a large amount of uncertainty regarding who the killer is. Stratus isn't much in the main write-up but becomes a larger part of the story in the third act when people outside of the house begin to get pulled into massacre (and no, she's not the one doing the killings).

Location - Vancouver (minimal locations)

Budget - 855k (Production (370k) + Director (100k) + Actors (125k) + Marketing (300k))

Duration - 90 minutes

I regret to inform you that Ashley Tisdale has also been taken. (From the same film as Efron...looks like a few people want that pairing.)

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First post, so I'm at 1 mil right now. Hopefully this is the right time to put this up, sorry if it isn't.

Rancid Redundancy Studios

Title - Race Strong: The Kevin Faggot Tale

Lead Actor - Samuel L. Jackson (75k) as Kevin Faggot

Lead Actress - Lindsay Lohan (10k) as Gibson's unnamed wife

Supporting Actor - Dule Hill (40k) as Dale Jesse Gibson, John Travolta (75k) as Jimmy James Killheart, John C. Reilly (40k) cameo as Dewey Cox

Supporting Actress - n/a

Director - Jake Kasdan (50k?)

Genre - Comedy

Plot -

(DVD Back)

Samuel L. Jackson (Star Wars, Iron Man) stars as Nascar laughingstock Kevin Faggot. Born with one of the most embarrassing last names of all time, Kevin rose above all odds to achieve his dream of racing in Nascar. However, after three years of racing he hasn't recorded a single win and the talk is that he is soon to be replaced with a more talented driver unless he steps up his game and starts to find success. Making matters worse for Kevin is that his rival step-brother Dale Jesse Gibson (Dule Hill, Psych) is not only one of the most popular and loved drivers in racing, but also has one of the best racing names you could ask for!

The two brothers can agree on one thing however, and that is their hatred of the best driver in Nascar history Jimmy James Killheart (John Travolta, Pulp Fiction, Wild Hogs). A ruthless driver on the track and an arrogant bully off, Killheart also has a better racing name than Gibson! After using underhanded tactics to win the last three Daytona 500 races, Killheart looks like a lock to win a fourth straight, but can Kevin and Dale put their differences to the side to stop him?

(Ending)

The Daytona 500 arrives and after Dewey Cox sings the National Anthem, the race is on. Finally with just three laps remaining, it looks like Dale Jesse Gibson will pass Jimmy James Killheart for the lead, but Killheart isn't going down easy and manages to push Gibson against the side wall, wrecking him and taking him out of the race. Trying to avenge his brother Kevin Faggot stays right on Killheart until the final lap, as the two race for the finish Killheart edges out the victory by inches. After the race the three men square off before making amends and celebrating together. The celebration is cut short by Dewey Cox who smashes his guitar over Killheart's head and ends the movie by shouting;

"I lost money on that ****, you mother****ing ************!"

Location - Daytona Beach, Florida

Budget -

240k on Actors

50k on Director

500k on Misc.

Total Budget - 790k out of 1 million.

Duration - 1 hr 33 min.

Samuel L Jackson is already being used, please choose a different actor.

So that means I'll be in block two? Thus posting mine tomorrow?

Your allowed to jump in whenever. Since you havent posted before, your not assigned to a particular 'block' yet. So feel free to post today or tomorrow.

<p>Just one more point I'd like to bring up, I know I hit you guys with this pretty quickly. If there is a reason that you can't post on a given day just shoot me a PM and I'll let you post on another day. </p><p> </p><p>

The speed of this seems to has slowed down a bit, I'm hoping it's because of the break up in the roster obviously and not because you guys feel to many rules are in place or something</p>

<p>Time to bring the English small time actors into the mix. Can I have prices for: </p><p> </p><p>

Russel Tovey</p><p>

Lenora Chrichlow</p><p>

Aidan Turner</p><p>

Lacey Turner</p><p>

Sinead Keenan</p><p>

Jason Watkins </p><p>

Anthony Hopkins</p><p>

Ray Winstone</p><p> </p><p>

All are small time actors on British TV/film, is there any costs for licenses (such as making a film from a TV show)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just one more point I'd like to bring up, I know I hit you guys with this pretty quickly. If there is a reason that you can't post on a given day just shoot me a PM and I'll let you post on another day. <p> </p><p> The speed of this seems to has slowed down a bit, I'm hoping it's because of the break up in the roster obviously and not because you guys feel to many rules are in place or something</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not from me personally. I am already eagerly planning my next releases.</p><p> </p><p> Just a thought on "reserving actors" or a "dibs" system, maybe if you are desperate for an actor who keeps getting stolen in the opening hours of a day, you could sacrifice a current turn to have dibs on up to a certain number of actors for my next (or future specified) go. So for example I could post tomorrow saying "Dibs on Mr. X, Mr. Y & Mrs. Z for Friday". This takes away the ability for me to make a movie tomorrow, but means I get who I need on Friday. So your risking not making a movie for the day, but rewarded with an early actor pick for your next go.</p><p> </p><p> I hope that makes sense, just thought I would throw it out there.</p><p> </p><p> (Edit: And don't know whether you saw me say this previously but is there a possibility of knowing how my films did in the awards? (I know they didnt win Best Picture, but wondering if either were close))</p>

<p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Dubbsie Films</span> (starting budget: $2,460,000) presents....</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Title: 2, Yet None</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Lead Actor - <strong>Tommy Lee Jones (75,000)</strong></p><p>

Lead Actor - <strong>Kurt Russell (50,000)</strong></p><p>

Supporting Actress - <strong>Jennifer Connelly (40,000)</strong></p><p>

Supporting Actress - <strong>Mary McDonnell (25,000)</strong></p><p>

Supporting Actress - <strong>Rosario Dawson (50,000)</strong></p><p>

Supporting Actress - <strong>Emma Roberts (30,000)</strong></p><p>

Director - <strong>Mike Nichols (125,000)</strong></p><p>

Genre - Drama</p><p> </p><p>

The film opens on Lonnie Dishon (played by <strong>Kurt Russell</strong>) rolling around in bed with a much younger Cecilia Perea (played by actress <strong>Rosario Dawson</strong>). </p><p> </p><p>

The scene then shifts to the parking lot area outside of a high school theater, where Jillian Ullman (played by <strong>Jennifer Connelly</strong>) talks to her daugter Christine Ullman (played by <strong>Emma Roberts</strong>). Christine excitedly asks if Grandpa is going to make it for her performance. Her mother tells her that grandpa promised. </p><p> </p><p>

Back in the bed, Margeret Dishon (played by <strong>Mary McDonnell</strong>) walks into the room, where her husband and the young woman are having relations. She drops her things, shakes her, head, and walks away, while Cecilia Perez tries to cover up and Lonnie Dishon yells for his wife to stop.</p><p> </p><p>

Back at the recital, Christine Ullman takes the stage and begins to play the violin. Her mother looks down at her phone and sees a text mesage from her father indicating that he's held up at work and not able to make the show.</p><p> </p><p>

After the end of this dual-faced introduction, the movie shifts to David Ullman (played by <strong>Tommy Lee Jones</strong>). It quickly becomes apparaent that David Ullman is an exceptionally succesful family lawyer in New Mexico and that his days consist of meeting with clients, opposing attorneys, taking important people out to lunch, lecturing and guiding his staff, and spending inordinate amounts of time on the phone. His next big client is Lonnie Dishon, wealthy rancher from northern New Mexico who is being divorced by his wife. Dishon and Ullman have an intense conversation, where Dishon expresses regret and remorse about his infidelity. Ullman attempts to squash these feelings and tries to draw out character flaws in Dishon's wife and is clearly gearing up to try to prevent Margeret Dishon from getting much in the divorce proceedings.</p><p> </p><p>

Elsewhere, Jillian Ullman finds her daughter Christine Ullman crying alone in her room. As she tries to console her, it becomes apparent this family recently lost its father. Jillian's father / Christine's grandfather, David Ullman is the only family that they have left and that he's essentially unavailable, as he's wrapped up in his work. </p><p> </p><p>

Back on Lonnie's ranch, a fight breaks out between him and his appararent mistress Cecilia Perea. After a back and forth argument about everything from their affair, to his failed wife, and his inability to move forward with their relationship, Dishon kicks Perea out of the house, literally throwing her clothes onto the porch and flinging a wad of cash at her face. </p><p> </p><p>

Next, Jillian Ullman and David Ullman meet for a patio lunch in downtown Albuquerque. David is clearly in a rush and has little time for his daughter. Jillian holds him there, however, and tries to calmly explain that his absence at the recital really hurt Christine's feelings. David either doesn't get it or doesn't care, and the emotionality of the scene escalates. Soon, the daughter is screaming and crying at the father, causing a wild scene for the other patrons at the restaurant. David yells back, arguing that he's working for the welfare of Jillian and Christine. He claims that he wants to retire, but that he can't, because Jillian's husband died and because she can't even support herself on her teacher's salary, much less his Christine. The fight rolls on from here and eventually ends with Jillian giving David an ultimatum: be at your daughter's graduation, or else he can pretend that he doesn't have a daughter or granddaughter anymore. David responds that he has an important day in court on that day. Jillian can't even respond and just points her finger, bites her lip, and cries, before running away from the diner. </p><p> </p><p>

Back on the ranch, Lonnie calls his wife Margeret. The conversation is generally one-sided, as Margeret clearly has little to say to Lonnie. Lonnie pleads with her to come back, but her sense of betrayal is too strong for that. Eventually, desparation leads to panic and anger for Lonnie, and he begins to scream at her on the phone, claiming that she's going to get nothing in this divorce. Margeret camly disagrees, stating that Perea has agreed to testify on her behalf. Lonnie has no response and just hangs up, simulatenously saddened at the loss of his wife and the fact that his case has got a lot weaker than a was. </p><p> </p><p>

Inside a high school, Jillian and Christine look over graduation accessories (like rings, robes, etc.). Jillian tells Christine to not get her hopes up about her grandfather at graduation. Christine nods, but quickly tears from in her eye.</p><p> </p><p>

In a small steakhouse in Northern New Mexico, Lonnie and David meet for lunch. The conversation starts off focusing on the upcoming court date. They start by talking about the role that Perea will play in the trial, and David quickly dismisses, claiming that he has found some technicality that will prevent her or her recording from taking the stand. Soon though, tt becomes clear that both men have a lot on their mind. Finally, they start to describe their feelings and problems to each other. Lonnie asks David is the case is worth. David shakes his head. David asks if the Vietnamese girl was worth. Lonnie shakes his head. Despite their agreement that they have both clearly gone astray, they don't what else to do, so they plan to move forward, with David vowing to retire after winning this case. </p><p> </p><p>

Trial day comes and Lonnie is standing in court with David's staff, including a young attorneys. The minutes tick away and David is nowhere to be seen. Finally, the young lawyer's cellphones rings. After a short conversation, the panicked lawyer approaches Lonnie and claims that David isn't going to make it and that he instructed them to handle the trial for him. Lonnie shakes his head and smiles. He then has the young lawyer to get the attention of the judge. Lonnie approaches the stand and tells the judge that he can't do this. He tells the judge to give Margaret whatever she wants. That she was a great wife and that she didn't deserve the things that he put the through.</p><p> </p><p>

Back in the "Pit" (a large arena where graduation ceremonies tend to be held in Albuquerque), Jillian stands in the crowd, watching the high school students, including her daughter, line up for the ceremony. Unexpectedly, she sees her father, David, on the floor of the arena. She watches him approach his granddaughter, give her flowers, a hug, and a kiss on the cheek. Young Christine is touched that her grandfather is there and cries happy tears. The film ends with David walking up the pit stairs, approaching his daughter, and sitting next to her.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Production Notes:</strong> Dubbise Films apparently comissioned this film with director Mike Nichols in mind, as they were quite impressed with the emotional relationship drama Closer that he directed in 2004. Dubbsie Films really wanted to cast George Clooney in a role in this film, but ultimately decided against it, as they were worried that high cost, given the film's non-action status, might hurt earnings. </p><p> </p><p>

Budget: 1.4 million (395,000 cast and crew, 505,000 on production, 500,000 on marketing)</p><p>

Duration: 107 minutes</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Note:</strong> Apparently none of the actors nor the director that I had in mind were listed, so I tried to assign reasonable values to everyone. Feel free to adjust when you review and to deduct money from production/marketing to meet any new crew costs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just one more point I'd like to bring up, I know I hit you guys with this pretty quickly. If there is a reason that you can't post on a given day just shoot me a PM and I'll let you post on another day. <p> </p><p> The speed of this seems to has slowed down a bit, I'm hoping it's because of the break up in the roster obviously and not because you guys feel to many rules are in place or something</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> not at all, i do have a heavy work schedule and kids to look after, but am really enjoying this game and was hoping for a break down like this, will keep me posting</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="steesh07" data-cite="steesh07" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Time to bring the English small time actors into the mix. Can I have prices for: <p> </p><p> Anthony Hopkins</p><p> Ray Winstone</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nothing smalltime about those dudes. Hopkins is very well known, Winstone not so much but he is amazing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> (Edit: And don't know whether you saw me say this previously but is there a possibility of knowing how my films did in the awards? (I know they didnt win Best Picture, but wondering if either were close))</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which ones?</p>

<p>Thanks Mad, what about; Karen Gillan (Doctor Who's current assistant) &</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="steesh07" data-cite="steesh07" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I want to produce a TV movie, can it be split between 3 episodes?</div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Spine Wood Studios Presents:</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Title:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Being Human</strong></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Lead Actor:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Anthony Hopkins</strong> (£60,000), <strong>Adian Turner</strong> (£20,000)</p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Lead Actress:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Karen Gillan</strong> (£25,000)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>

Supporting Actress:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <strong>Helena Bonham Carter</strong> (£80,000)</p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Director: </p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Danny Boyle (</strong>£200,000)</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Genre:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Vampiric Thriller</strong> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

Plot:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Ever thought that there was something else? Something more than being human? Maybe an omnipresent all seeing, all knowing being? No? Back in the 1880’s the thought of a God incited wars between religions but in 1888, it would incite the biggest war. In this TV Film version of hit British series (Being Human) we are taken back to 1888 when a series of prostitutes began being found murdered around the streets of London. However this was not the act of the supposed Jack the Ripper but the act of the demonic underworld. </p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>As we start the film we are introduced to Alice McKenzie <strong>(Karen Gillan)</strong> as she narrates the story of how Werewolves were behind the attacks and after she realises that head pathologist; Dr George Phillips<strong> (a Wolfman) (</strong><strong><strong>Anthony Hopkins</strong></strong><strong>) </strong>is the creature behind the attacks and killings: She finds herself in the middle of the biggest wars to ever face humanity. </p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>As she furthers the story and describes the encounters between herself and Phillips she tells of a lone Vampire<strong> </strong><strong><strong>(Aidan Turner)</strong></strong><strong> </strong>who kept saving her from his jaws. </p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Throughout the movie she tells of how she falls in love with her saviour but it is not until the final part when he truly becomes her saviour. As she lays dying (following an enormous fight between the warring species), she is given the choice of being saved and becoming a bloodsucker or will she continue Being Human.</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Helena Bonham Carter</strong><strong> makes a cameo part as one of the prostitutes who meets her maker at the hands of the Wolf </strong></p><p> </p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Location:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>London</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

Budget:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>£385000: Actors & Director</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>£307,500: Production</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>307,500: Marketing</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> Duration:</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>127 minutes </strong>(in one sitting)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><pre class="ipsCode"> If someone is wrongly priced just add it or take it from the Production/Marketing</pre><div></div></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p></div><p></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Mad Productions Presents...</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Beginning Budget – 3,500,000</p><p>

Title- Entitled</p><p>

Lead Actor- Matt Czuchry (30,000)</p><p>

Lead Actress- Mandy Moore (30,000)</p><p>

Supporting Actor- Bob Saget (40,000), </p><p>

Supporting Actress- Jake Gyllenhaal (65,000)</p><p>

Director – Ron Howard (200,000)</p><p>

Genre- Drama</p><p>

Plot – Jimmy Jones (Matt Czuchry) is the only child of the most prestigious lawyer in the world Danny Jones (Bob Saget). As the only child he has lived a life of luxary. Fast cars, hot women, and money to blow has always just fallen in his lap without him having to do as much as lift a finger. He sees the way his father lives (the drugs, hookers, and beer), and wants it all for himself. When he enrolls in Law School he doesn’t expect things to be any different. However, his life is about to be turned upside down, when he goes to class he meets the beautiful Sara Walker (Mandy Moore) she doesn’t give him the time of day. Regardless of how he approaches her she blows him off by saying she knows his kind. Rich preppy kid who thinks everyone should bow down to him, she wants nothing to do with it. To make matters worse Jimmy isn’t the star pupil instead it’s a guy by the name of Jake (Jake Gyllenhall) and not only is he top of the class, but he is also the object of Sara’s affection. Jake is the polar opposite of Jimmy his story is one of rags to riches, or so Sara thinks. Jimmy starts to catch on to the act, but Sara doesn’t want anything to do with him. In order for Jimmy to expose her nemesis he has to do something he’s never done before…try. Can he impress the girl and graduate law school top of his class, or will he follow in the footsteps of his father?</p><p>

Location- New York</p><p>

Budget- 365,000 – Cast, 635,000 – Production, 1,000,000 – Marketing Total: 2,000,000</p><p> </p><p>

Duration – 110 Minutes (1 hour 50 Minutes)</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Charasmatic Enigma" data-cite="Charasmatic Enigma" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TheoryX Productions<p> Pre-Film Balance: 2,670,000</p><p> </p><p> Title- Escaping Enlightenment</p><p> Lead Actor- Eric Bana (50,000)</p><p> Supporting Actor- Christopher Walken (100,000), Brad Pitt (???) </p><p> Director – Alfonso Cuaron (150,000)</p><p> Genre- Sci-Fi/Disaster</p><p> </p><p> Plot- The film opens with a view from the International Space Station, showing a meteorite heading towards Earth. The Astronauts on the Space Station are in contact with NASA, tracking the meteorite. The camera cuts to a close up of the meteor, showing a number of spores being released from the meteor as it breaks up entering the Earth’s atmosphere.</p><p> </p><p> We then cut to NASA, where images of the spores being released are on screen. A team is sent to the crash site to investigate. They arrive to the crash site in the middle of the desert, and send readings back to NASA. The readings show the presence of a previously unseen element, so NASA want further readings from the meteor itself. One of the team breaks off a chunk of the meteor, and another cloud of the spores is released. As the man inhales the spores, his body goes rigid, in a stiff and unnatural position, and his eyes look completely empty. The leader of the group begins to report the situation back to NASA, but as the camera moves back to NASA we hear a primal roar and the research team’s screams over the speakers. </p><p> </p><p> The film cuts a few months ahead, to a television screen showing images of the meteor. The reporter explains that while the meteor burned up in the atmosphere, millions of spores were released into the air and infected thousands of people in the US. These ‘infected’ then became carriers, and were turned in lifeless, ‘zombie-like’ creatures. The outbreak had become so widespread that ‘normal’ people had been forced to live in underground facilities, due to the air on the surface becoming so polluted by the spores.</p><p> </p><p> The TV is turned off, as Samuel Locke (Eric Bana) goes to sleep. The next scene is back on the surface, and shows a gas masked Locke being saved from an ‘infected’ by a man later introduced as Owen (Brad Pitt). Locke wakes from the flashback and makes his way out into the hall of an underground facility, where he is joined by Owen. The two pass what looks like a religious service being led by an impressively dressed Julian Opei (Christopher Walken). Locke looks on in disgust, but Owen tells him to let the people have their hope. We follow Locke and Owen around the facility and while they seem to be respected members of the community, it is clear that Opei has the most influence. Society has turned to religion to find hope in the wake of the disaster.</p><p> </p><p> Locke and Owen are then called to an emergency meeting, where Scientists will present their findings on the spores. In the meeting it is revealed that the spores are not a virus as originally thought. The spores are actually an alien detoxifying agent, which ‘cleanses’ a species of its weaknesses. The agent releases the consciousness from the confines of the human body, to exist as a pure, unrestricted entity; leaving behind a feral, primitive, soulless body to walk the earth.</p><p> </p><p> To the shock of Locke and Owen; Opei, who is clearly in charge of proceedings, seems positively excited by the findings. He claims that the spores are an act of god. A vessel by which we could split from our primitive body’s into a higher, more spiritual being. The soul liberated from the confines of the mortal body. After the meeting, Opei reveals the findings to the community, and announcees that he plans to turn off the facilities air purification system, allowing the spores into the facility. To Locke’s amazement, people are nodding along. Locke jumps on the stage to argue. However, no one seems interested in his warnings, and Opei tells Locke that if he disagrees with the community’s decision then he is welcome to try his luck on the surface. Locke looks to the community for support, but finds none. Grabbing a gas filter, he quickly makes his way to his room to pack.</p><p> </p><p> He is joined by Owen, who announces that the nearest facility to them was over a day’s travel away. The two leave the facility, knowing that by this time tomorrow all of the people inside would be infected. Their first encounter with the ‘infected’, results in a desperate fight/chase scene with the two men trying to escape. The two eventually lose the group, and we see them travelling to the new facility. Upon reaching the new facility, they make their way inside. The facility seems empty, and a sense that something is wrong grips the two men. As they move deeper into the facility they are attacked by infected. They manage to escape the base after another desperate chase. Locke can’t believe that another base had made the same decision. The two men then decide to head to the next nearest base, but find the same situation there. However, while at the third base they hear a radio broadcast playing. The broadcast is calling for all humans to come to ‘the last human stronghold’ in the USA... possibly the world. </p><p> </p><p> Stealing the radio, Locke and Owen are able to establish that the stronghold is over a week’s walk away. They realise they’ll need to stop at an underground facility about 4 days walk en route to stock up on supplies. Locke and Owen arrive at the old facility safely, and manage to steal supplies. However, before they can get out they find themselves surrounded by infected. The two look to fight their way out, but while Locke is able to escape, the infected capture Owen and rip off his gas filter. Locke looks on in horror as he realises his last friend is about to die.</p><p> </p><p> Locke continues on to the stronghold, and is able to arrive their safely. The stronghold is huge, and home to tens of thousands of people. Locke is welcomed with open arms, but all he can feel is a deep sense of regret that Owen wasn’t there with him...</p><p> </p><p> Location- US (mostly studios, but some filmed on location in Las Vegas desert)</p><p> Budget- 300,000 (Actors +director) + cost of Brad Pitt + 400,000 (production) + 450,000 (promotion) = 1,150,000 + cost of Brad Pitt</p><p> Duration – 1hr 54</p><p> </p><p> NOTES</p><p> -It is reported that Gerard Butler was originally in line to play Samuel Locke, but due to personal circumstances wasn’t available.</p><p> -However, there was never any doubt who would play the religious leader Julian Opei. Christopher Walken was apparently top of a shortlist of 1.</p><p> -It is rumoured that Cuaron was hired as director due to the studios appreciation of his work on Children of Men.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Escaping Enlightment is a film with the classic conflict between Faith and Science. This one takes place in a futuristic setting with Eric Bana and Brad Pitt play a couple of heroes trying to save mankind from a zombie outbreak. Pitt plays his character to perfection and leaves the audience hanging on every word. The storyline itself is very detailed and flows well throughout the movie. Overall, a great movie for the small studio and we look forward to what they do in the future.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: 3 out of 5</p><p> </p><p> Revenue: 1,750,000</p><p> </p><p> Effects:</p><p> Brad Pitt now wants 125,000 per movie</p><p> Sci-Fi movies are starting to lose some fans </p><p> </p><p> TheoryX Productions now has 3,270,000</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheEffect" data-cite="TheEffect" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because Of The Influence Productions Presents:<p> Title- 1 Sexy Biatch!</p><p> Lead Actress- Megan Fox - $100,000</p><p> Supporting Actor- Jim Carrey - $50,000</p><p> Supporting Actress- Rachel McAdams - $75,000</p><p> Director - Wes Anderson - $150,000</p><p> Genre- Comedy</p><p> Plot- Clare Niel (Megan Fox) is a superficial air head who is the stereotypical cheerleader at her high school. She hates being out of the public eye and out of the boy's thoughts but not everything is as it seems. Clare is not actually an air head but infact is one of the most intelligent people in the school and is in fact.....A NERD!!!</p><p> She likes dungeons and dragons, video games & most importantly star trek. But her parents Lisa (Rachel Adams) & Christian (Jim Carrey) think that this side of her is actually her normal side and tell her to go out and socialize!</p><p> She continues to live this double life and everything goes to plan until one night when she has to choose between meeting the cast of Star Trek or going on the biggest rave that the school has ever seen....</p><p> She chooses meeting the cast of Star Trek and becomes one of the most unpopular people in school, or so it appears. After Clare becomes a nerd, the rest of the geeks & unpopular people of the school accept her and they fight back against the popular people and the teachers.</p><p> The scene then ends with a phrase written across the screen: </p><p> Never Pick On The Nerds!!!</p><p> Location- East High School - Salt Lake City, Utah (Scene of high school musical)</p><p> Budget- : $5,148,000 - (Actors: $175,000 + Director Costs: $150,000 + Production Costs: $150,000 + Advertising: $300,000) = $4,373,000</p><p> Duration - 1 Hour 20 Minutes</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TheEffect brings us another film that we aren’t sure how to respond to. 1 Sexy Biatch, stars Megan Fox who pretends to be an airhead, but in reality she’s a full blown nerd. One thing I think everyone can agree on is that Megan Fox knows how to play the eye candy. She actually makes a pretty sexy nerd as well, so we commend TheEffect for pointing that out. The storyline in the movie is one that just seems unspectacular. When she meets the stars of Star Trek she goes from beauty queen to the most unpopular girl in the school. Embracing this roll Fox’s character then attempts to upend the school by making the nerds the cool click. I would have liked to see a studio with this much revenue use a little more of it in their production. As it is, the scenes seem grainy and unprofessional.</p><p> </p><p> Rating: 2.5 out of 5 Stars</p><p> Revenue: 1,000,000</p><p> </p><p> The Effect:</p><p> None</p><p> </p><p> TheEffect now has a balance of 5,373,000</p>

Archived