Round 1: #1 Jack Bruce vs. #16 Squeeky McClean

Round 1: #9 Aaron Andrews vs. #8 Vengeance

Round 1: #5 Steve Frehley vs. #12 Frederique Garcia

Round 1: #14 Robbie Retro vs. #3 Brandon James

Round 1: #11 Chris Morrisette vs. #6 Rocky Golden

Round 1: #7 Angry Gilmore vs. #10 Runaway Train

Round 1: #15 Kurt Laramee vs. #2 Troy Tornado

Round 1: #13 Jake Marlowe vs. #4 Eric Eisen

Gotta pick one upset to keep it 4 faces v 4 heels, and figured Golden could lose the easiest. Very tempted to pick Laramee over Tornado though.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWF Supreme TV

SWF Supreme TV

SWF Supreme TV

Wow, I'm surprised and delighted by the level of response thus far (and, no doubt, have jinxed it by posting this... :rolleyes:) so thank you all.

The show'll go up on Tuesday. I have the first few shows pretty much written, bar the odd tweak, so the first few weeks should go pretty smoothly.

Guess Ill get my predictions in while I still can

Round 1:#5 Steve Frehley vs. #12 Frederique Garcia

Round 1: #11 Chris Morrisette vs. #6 Rocky Golden-Gotta have at least one lower seed upset...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF_Supreme.jpg

Supreme Wrestling Federation presents: Supreme TV

Tuesday, 16th October 2010

Your announcers:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DuaneFry.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/AnaGarcia.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JerryEisen.jpg

Duane Fry – Ana Garcia – Jerry Eisen

Duane:
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Supreme TV. With me as always are the ever-enlightening Ana Garcia, and the man who knows the most powerful men in the business, Jerry Eisen.

Jerry:
Hi Duane, Hi Ana!

Ana:
Good evening.

Duane:
Coming off the epic confrontation between Rich Money and Christian Faith at Let The Games Begin, we find ourselves in the position of having a new World champion – Rich Money – and no number one contender. Let’s have Mr Eric Tyler explain.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MrEricTyler.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RichMoney.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChristianFaith.jpg

In the ring Tyler stood with Rich Money and Christian Faith to either side. Faith waved to a few of his many fans while Money, the platinum World title belt draped over one shoulder, stood still, apparently oblivious to the roaring crowds.

Tyler
:
Apparently we have a situation that needs addressing. Faith, simple question: Are you giving up your contracted rematch for the SWF World title?

Faith:
Yes.

Tyler
:
Then we need to find a new number one contender. There’s a hell of a lot of great talent here in the SWF. Lots of people want the shot and more than a few can say they deserve it. Me, I’m old fashioned. I don’t want to accept anyone’s word for it – I want to see them fight and claw their way to a title shot. Our next show, Break Like The Wind, has the majority of its matches as 4 on 4 tag matches, but we always have a World title match at the show as well. So we’ve got sixteen men lined up backstage, and we’re going to have a tournament to see who deserves the shot at the SWF World champion, Rich Money, at Break Like The Wind.

Money moved for the first time, taking the mic from Tyler. Tyler looked surprised for a moment, but let it pass.

Money:
One or sixteen, or any number in between. I don’t care. Five nights ago I took this belt back. I only lost it in the first place because of the fan vote at Under Control – I had no way of knowing who I’d be facing. Now I have sixteen opponents to scout... Well, I can do that. Next week it’ll be eight, the week after four, the week after that two... And then there’ll be one man standing against me.

Money:
It doesn’t matter who it is. I beat Brandon James, Jack Bruce and Eric Eisen the last time I fought them. Aaron Andrews and Robbie Retro are kids. Vengeance, Runaway Train and Kurt Laramee are strong and mean, but I just took down the Supreme Legend. Golden and Tornado haven’t been here long enough to have any idea of how good I am. Angry Gilmore is a choke-artist, Freddy Garcia should concern himself with the Shooting Star title while Marlowe, Frehley and Morrisette
are
more concerned with the Succession. Squeeky McClean has stayed relevant by beating the kids on Uprising, but how often does he risk stepping into the ring with the veterans and spoiling his record?

Money smiled.

Money:
Do I sound like I don’t respect these men? I do – I don’t take any opponent lightly. But to seem like I wasn’t confident in my own abilities would be false modesty, and there’s nothing less becoming. The sixteen men entered in the tournament dream of becoming World champion. I
am
the champion, and whoever comes out on top in four weeks... they’re not money.

Money handed the mic back to Tyler, a smirk on his face.

Jerry:
The World champion is confident, and why not? He beat Christian Faith, cleanly. If you can do that, you have every right to feel good about your chances against
anyone
else.

Ana:
We’ll see the first tournament match next!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JakeMarlowe.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EricEisen.jpg

Round 1:
Jake Marlowe vs.
Eric Eisen

Eric looked confident going into this match, possibly because of his high seeding, and the relatively low ranking of Marlowe. However, within a minute, Marlowe had cartwheeled off the ropes and dropped the Favoured Son with a thrust kick to the jaw. Eisen struggled to gain any real foothold in the match thereafter, holding on mainly by trickery that the honest Marlowe struggled with, and it was a clever use of the ropes that allowed Eisen to take the win to advance, in spite of the crowd’s vocal objections.

Jerry:
Surprise, Eric wins...

Duane:
You should be proud of your brother.

Ana:
I wouldn’t be proud of a brother who cheated like that.

Winner: Eric Eisen (B)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SaraSilver.jpg

Sara Silver was backstage, waiting outside the locked room of Greg Black.

Sara:
Hi guys. I’m here to talk to Greg Black and his manager Dawn, who want to explain why Greg isn’t taking part in the World title tournament.

She turned and knocked on the door, which was opened by Dawn.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/DawnTheCheerleader.jpg

Dawn:
Hi Sara! Greg’s just getting ready! He’s still pretty hyped about retaining the North American title last week!

Sara:
Not everyone can say they’ve beaten Angry Gilmore.

Dawn:
I know! It was a huge moment for Greg – now he feels he’s really made a name for himself in singles competition!

Black appeared behind his manager, a towel draped around his neck.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/GregoryBlack.jpg

Black:
Sorry, Sara. I’ve been working out hard since last week. I’ve found the edge I’ve been looking for. Now it’s up to me – and Dawn, of course – to keep me right on that edge.

Sara:
I think a lot of people want to know the answer to this question: Why have you opted out of the World title tournament taking place right now?

Black:
Oh, I was tempted, very tempted when Mr Tyler called me... But the truth is, I’m proud to be the North American champion. I want to enjoy it, to be in the company of legends like Black Hat Bailey and Nemesis. I want my time as North American champion to be as big a highlight of my career as my tag title reigns with Benny.

Dawn:
You can do it, Greg!

Sara:
With the challenge of Angry Gilmore behind you, who do you think will step up to the plate next?

Black:
Honestly? I don’t care – it could be anyone, and I’ll take them on. Friend or ally, rival or enemy, I’m one of just five men in this company with gold, and if you don’t have a tag partner and don’t think you can take on Rich Money, it’s pretty much down to me or Freddy Garcia. There are a lot of people who want this title... and I’m ready to listen to challenges.

Thanks for your time.

Jerry:
Some big words from Greg Black there.

Duane:
And clever, too. He’s
listening
to challenges. He said nothing about accepting them.

Ana:
He saw what happened to Aaron Andrews when he tried that. Speaking of whom...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/AaronAndrews.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Vengeance.jpg

Round 1:
Aaron Andrews vs.
Vengeance

This wasn’t so much a match as it was a prelude to a mass brawl. Only a few minutes passed once the bell rang when Vengeance’ Acolytes made their presence felt at ringside – Marc DuBois and John Greed being immediately followed by Jack Giedroyc and Valiant. The foursome spilled into the ring, with DuBois running through the referee en route to tackling Giedroyc. The six men barely spared a second glance at the fallen official, beating on one another with fists and feet – until Vengeance pulled out his chain and blasted Giedroyc across the face with it, sending the seething Brit to the outside. Valiant was clotheslined over the top rope by Greed and DuBois, leaving Andrews to fall victim to a triple-team ended by a Skull Krusher as the referee began to stir. The result was a foregone conclusion.

Winner: Vengeance (B)

After the bell, Valiant and a groggy Giedroyc managed to haul Andrews from the ring before the Heart of Darkness trio could continue their assault, and the ringside area was swamped with security escorting the injured trio back to the locker room.

Ana:
Someone should do
something
about Vengeance.

Jerry:
Count me out.

Duane:
Giedroyc and his buddies are trying... Just not getting too far at the moment.

Ana:
Jerry, if you’re not going to go after Vengeance-

Jerry:
I’m not.

Ana:
-what about Remo?

Jerry:
Ah, I’m glad you asked. I saw Remo up in the crowd earlier, watching
again
. I’ve been keeping an eye on him recently and, well, whenever I show up with a camera crew he gives me the slip.

Duane:
I’m shocked. No, really.

Jerry:
Shut up, Duane. No, if we can cut to Block H, Seat 37 please...

The camera cut as requested, but Remo was nowhere to be seen.

Jerry:
Damn it!

Ana:
Looks like he’s gone, Jerry. Wait, is that-

Chase:
Excuse me!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EmmaChase.jpg

Emma Chase appeared at the top of the entrance ramp, smiling slightly with a microphone in one hand and her ever-present clipboard in the other.

Ana:
Did you see-

Duane:
Shhh. It’s Emma Chase! The reason that God gave men eyes.

Ana:
But-

Duane:
Shh!

Chase:
Please welcome the new tag team champions... Wall Of Muscle!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SwoopMcCarthy.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpg

Swoop McCarthy and Runaway Train emerged from the back. Swoop practically bounced across the stage, flashing the gold belt around his waist at anyone and everyone. Train moved more slowly, taking up position behind Emma, his title belt draped over his shoulder.

Ana:
Between the strength and experience of the brutish Runaway Train, and the athleticism of Swoop McCarthy, who’s going to take those titles from them?

Duane:
Not the Bumfholes, I know that. They’ve been medically barred from competing after the beating they took at the hands of the Wall of Muscle.

Chase handed Swoop the mic, and the Australian took it with a look of glee on his face.

McCarthy:
Now then, be honest, who expected Swoop to have gold inside a year, eh? Not one of you – you all thought I’d be some lackey to the big man until he got sick of me and knocked me the ---- out, right?

Jerry:
We’d, uh, like to apologise for Swoop’s language there.

McCarthy:
Nah, not gonna happen mates. Swoop’s a quick learner, Big Money’s a great teacher, and Train here is just a bloody animal. As for Miss Emma, she’s forgotten more about wrestling than most World champions ever learn. If Big Money wanted nothing more than a blonde trollop to keep around the place, he’d have one, but he knows that Miss Emma here is worth a lot more than that.

McCarthy:
It’s gonna be a busy few weeks here in the SWF. Me and Train turned the tag scene upside down last week – of course, to me that’s just rightside up.
We put the Bumfholes down and out, which is good, because two stupid names like those two have shouldn’t be seen anywhere on the same show that
I’m
on. Don’t count on seeing your precious pretty boys anytime soon, get me?
As for the World title... Well, you know Big Money’s got this tournament sewn up. Even though he’ll have to go through Train to win it, the big man’s coming out the end as number one contender, and in a few weeks, the World champion.

Ana:
Does Train look bothered about that?

Duane:
Big Money, remember? Everyone has a price.

McCarthy:
Now, put your hands together for your next World champion... Brandon James!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpg

The huge James walked onto the stage, accepting the microphone from Swoop with a nod. Notably, he still looked a little puffy around the forehead and cheekbone where Rich Money smashed him with a chair last week.

James:
This young man is right, and you would all do well to listen to him. What lies ahead for my four opponents on the road to the number one contendership is a lot of pain, and a long relationship with their doctors. Of course, no-one enters the SWF without believing they can reach the top... but even the most deluded or foolhardy of entrants to this tournament will learn that not all dreams can come true. I stand ahead of everyone. My power, my speed, my ferocity... they are unquestionable, and they will be the key to my success.

James:
As for defeating Runaway Train... I value my associate’s talents, of course, and recognise that he will be a profoundly difficult opponent to overcome. I am sure, however, that I will find a way, and if I do not, then Emma Chase is my ace in the hole. What I don’t know about wrestling is more than adequately covered by my adviser. We make an unstoppable force, and I am generous enough to allow Train and Swoop to share in my reflected glory... just in case I need them.

As Train and Chase walked down the ramp, Swoop and James headed backstage, Swoop respectfully allowing his mentor to go first.

Jerry:
Big words from Big Money – he’s certainly a fierce competitor, and not one many of our SWF stars will want to cross paths with.

Ana:
But what about Runaway Train? Is the former World champion just supposed to stand aside if he and Big Money cross paths in a couple of weeks’ time?

Duane:
Everyone has a price, Ana. Everyone.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/AngryGilmore.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RunawayTrain.jpg

Round 1:
Angry Gilmore vs.
Runaway Train

Train opened the match with his customary corner charge. Gilmore seemed to be about to fall victim to it, but at the last second caught Train with a drop toehold that crashed the big man into the turnbuckles. As Jessie applauded her husband from the outside, and Emma Chase scribbled on her clipboard, Gilmore went to work on taking his monstrous opponent apart. Try as he might, Gilmore struggled to gain much momentum, though. Train too often managed to hurl him aside casually – at least until Gilmore managed a flurry of strikes, the last of which saw a hard elbow catch Train and visibly stun him. Reacting with admirable quick thinking, Gilmore blasted Train with an Anger Management to pick up the win.

Duane:
Gilmore snatches the win!

Ana:
Train won’t have to face Brandon James now.

Winner: Angry Gilmore (C+)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SteveFrehley.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackBruce.jpg

Backstage, Steve Frehley was practically dragging Jack Bruce along a corridor.

Bruce:
Steve, bro, mind the hair!

Frehley:
Forget your hair, Jack. Look at this!

They had paused outside a doorway bearing the Succession group’s name.

Bruce:
‘The Succession’. Steve, bro, I know where they are. You can’t miss that hair-metal loving goon Golden, butchering Led Zepp in the shower while Devine and Chord harmonise outside the door.

Frehley:
Not that, Jack. That!

Frehley pointed at a hand-written sign pinned midway up the door. Bruce leaned in to take a closer look.

Bruce:
‘Now hiring’. Well, what’s that supposed to mean? Who are they going to hire around here? Everyone hates them.

Frehley:
You heard Brandon James earlier: Everyone has a price, Jack. We could be betrayed by
anyone
!

Bruce frowned.

Bruce:
No-one’d do that, bro. It’d be like ditching Ozzfest to go play at some renaissance fair in Hungary.

Frehley:
Get real, Jack. There’s people in these locker rooms who’d sell out their own mother for a shot at the top. I won’t have it! Anyone I catch with Succession...

He scowled.

Frehley:
...is gonna regret it.

He stormed off, leaving Bruce outside the locker room. As he looked at the sign again, the door opened slightly and Troy Tornado stuck his head out.

Tornado:
Oh. You. Shouldn’t you be preparing for your match, rather than lingering back here? Or is that too mundane a concept for the ‘Long Island Angel’ or whatever pathetic moniker you’re clinging to this week to disguise your lack of actual talent?

Bruce scowled.

Bruce:
Troy... One win and you think you’re on top? Face it, bro, you’ve always been a step behind me. Here, out west... and especially in Seattle.

Tornado reacted as though he’d been slapped, and he lunged for Bruce as Bruce backed up. Rocky Golden and Jay Chord appeared behind Tornado, grabbing him and holding him back.

Tornado:
Cheap shot, Bruce! You always lacked class. That’s why I’ll win in the end. That’s why I’ll take you down, and make everyone realise what a fake you are.

Bruce didn’t respond at once, wary of the Succession members all glaring at him. Clearly, though, he couldn’t resist one more shot.

Bruce:
We’ve got a date, me and you, in the final of this tournament. Let’s see who’s really ready to rock... and who needs to head back to band camp.

Bruce walked away as Tornado fumed, struggling against the grip of his teammates.

Ana:
Tornado looks rattled. That’s the first time I can remember Bruce actually getting to him!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RobbieRetro.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpg

Round 1:
Robbie Retro vs.
Brandon James

Robbie Retro can never be accused of lacking pluck, and the popular youngster has the strength and size to hold his own against most opponents... but Brandon James isn’t most opponents. Retro got his shots in early, stunning James as he sought to capitalise on any reservations James might have had about taking shots to the face. However, Big Money shrugged off the attack and nearly snapped Retro in half with a clothesline before taking control of the match, eventually smashing Retro for the pin with a Big Money Move.

Jerry:
And he’s just the #3 seed...

Duane:
Retro’s young and in a few years he might have the experience to take on a monster like Big Money, but tonight... Wow. Let’s call that a hard lesson.

Winner: Brandon James (B)

Duane:
Oh Lord, here we go...

As the familiar piano chords played over the PA, Freddy Garcia walked out onto the ramp, festooned in feather boas and with the Shooting Star title around his waist.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/FrederiqueGarcia.jpg

Garcia:
It’s funtime!

Garcia:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, welcome to funtime with me, Funtime Freddy! This tournament just got fabulous, my friends, and it’s all down to one man – me!

Garcia:
Now, I’m about to take on that big grizzly bear Steve Frehley-

Duane:
‘Grizzly bear’? Oh boy...

Garcia:
-and I just
have
to take issue with what Steve’s been saying lately. I mean, the Succession? They’re not such bad fellows when you get to know them. Rocky Golden can sing the blues like he was born in the Mississippi Delta in 1923. He had me weeping into my mojito, my children. Weeping!

Garcia:
Jay Chord is an athletic young stud, and Darryl Devine just wants to show that he can go all night long if he gets the chance. What’s not to like about those two?

Garcia:
And as for big, bad, brooding Troy Tornado... Well, he sung me a love song, and the boy has talent! Anytime the Succession want to party, I think it’s funtime. And whenever it’s funtime, it’s Freddy time!

Garcia’s last words were drowned out by the opening bars of Steve Frehley’s music, the Dark Destroyer roaring down the ramp on his bike, slewing it to a screeching halt just outside the ring. He stormed into the ring, and got in Garcia’s face.

Duane:
Well, we have ourselves a match, and this should be a barnstormer!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SteveFrehley.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/FrederiqueGarcia.jpg

Round 1:
Steve Frehley vs.
Frederique Garcia

Garcia threw out a few jabs at the bell. Frehley responded by catching Garcia’s hand and
squeezing
, leaving Garcia in clear pain. The Shooting Star champion used a few veteran tricks to slow Frehley down, but it was clear that Frehley was in no mood to be messed with, and after just six minutes he scored with a Frehley’s Comet for the decisive win.

Ana:
Wow. Who’s stronger – Frehley or James?

Winner: Steve Frehley (B)

Jerry:
A dominant victory from Steve Frehley there.

Ana:
Freddy Garcia may be the Shooting Star champion... but Steve Frehley is quite a bit bigger, stronger and more experienced than most of that division.

Duane:
Well, coming up we have- Wait, what’s Frehley doing?

Frehley was scowling down at Garcia’s fallen form, before suddenly reaching down and grabbing his beaten opponent by the hair. Dragging him upright, he hauled Garcia up onto his shoulders...

Ana:
Frehley’s Comet! What is Steve Frehley doing?!?

Frehley loomed over Garcia, glaring down at him. The camera was just close enough to pick up the sentence he spat at his victim.

Frehley:
Don’t even joke about it...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Hannah.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrentHill.jpg

Backstage, Hannah stood by with Brent Hill.

Hannah:
My client wasn’t invited to take part in the tournament to determine a number one contender. A lot of wrestlers of his calibre would object to that. They’d storm Mr Tyler’s office, beat his tired, feeble old carcass down and force him to make a substitution.

She smiled brightly, as Hill grinned behind her.

Hannah:
But my client believes that there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things. As big a name as he is, as great a wrestler as he is, he
is
starting from scratch in the SWF. He knows that he has to work his way up the rankings... but this is the King of the Hill. It won’t be long before that’s not just a nickname; It will soon be a statement of fact. He really
is
that good.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/KurtLaramee.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TroyTornado.jpg

Round 1:
Kurt Laramee vs.
Troy
Tornado

Kurt Laramee has been on something of a roll of late, and was clearly feeling his oats coming into the match. He painted the enigmatic Tornado with a slap at the bell, and dropped the rocker with a series of slams and clotheslines. However, Tornado rose quickly to his feet after each one, and it seemed that he was almost toying with Laramee, letting the brawler punch himself out before taking control and wearing Laramee down for the Star Maker to advance.

Duane:
It may not be immediately obvious, but Tornado is a great wrestler. He clearly had Laramee scouted, and neutralised a lot of what the King of the Streets threw at him.

Winner: Troy Tornado (B+)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TroyTornado.jpg

His victory secure, Tornado picked up a mic and turned to address the crowd.

Tornado:
Jack Bruce would do well to heed my warnings. He failed last Thursday when we met in the ring, and he
will
fail if he enters the ring with me again.

Tornado:
I have no doubt that in his stupidity Bruce will pursue the matter. It’s... inevitable. Every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song... And Jack, your song is one of the saddest.

Tornado:
Enjoy your time in the limelight. Your curtain call is coming, and I will perform the encore.

Dropping the mic, he walked off.

Jerry:
Jack’s a cowboy?

Duane:
Be quiet, Jerry

Ana:
He seems back to normal. Whatever it was that Bruce said to set him off, he’s just as opaque as ever now.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackBruce.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/SqueekyMcClean.jpg

Round 1:
Jack Bruce vs.
Squeeky McClean

Unlike his rival, Bruce isn’t one to take an opponent’s offence without giving something back. He and Squeeky made for a thrilling clash of stiles with the smaller, faster McClean doing everything he could to keep Bruce off balance and prevent him building momentum. However, it only took one missed dropkick for Bruce to start building steam, and soon McClean was able to do nothing to prevent the #1 seed from scoring with a New York Minute for the win.

Ana:
Bruce advances – and we’re one step closer to a rematch with Tornado.

Duane:
I’d have liked to see Squeeky go through, but when Bruce catches fire he’s so hard to stop.

Jerry:
It’s Showtime!

Winner: Jack Bruce (B+)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChrisMorrisette.jpg

The driving beat of Chris Morrisette’s entrance music heralded the arrival of the well-liked fan favourite to the ring. Unusually, Morrisette picked up a mic before his music was replaced with that of his opponent.

Morrisette:
I’ve never been much of a one for talking. Used to just let my fists do my talking for me... or my claws.

He smiled, lopsidedly.

Morrisette:
But with a shot at the World title on the line, I wanted to take a moment. I hope you don’t mind.

Morrisette:
You see, I’ve been in this company for, well, a long time. Almost my whole career, one way or another. I started out in Philly, that was my first full-time job, working in PPPW during the East Coast Wars. Back in the late 1990s I came to SWF, still a young kid really, willing to do anything to get to the top.

Morrisette:
I’m not proud of everything I’ve done, but I had to push myself as far as I could. I don’t mind being best known as the guy in the lobster suit – I put a lot of smiles on faces, I think. I hope, if I win this tournament, if I get my shot, that some of you would be smiling again.

Morrisette:
You see, in over a decade here in the SWF I’ve never had a World title shot. I think I deserve one, and I’ve asked for a few, but it’s ‘never been the right time’ or I’ve ‘never shown I had what it takes’.

He paused, staring into the distance.

Morrisette:
Four weeks, four wins. Some of the biggest names in wrestling lying between me and that shot. I even got a low seed, which is... a challenge. If I get to the end, there’ll be no denying me my shot. And then I’ll be smiling enough for everyone.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChrisMorrisette.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/-vs.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RockyGolden.jpg

Round 1:
Chris Morrisette vs.
Rocky Golden

The night’s main event was also the longest match of the evening, perhaps reflecting the relative evenness of the opponents. Golden had the undoubted power advantage, and played that for all it was worth, controlling long spells of the match simply by keeping Morrisette off his feet as hard as he could. Not for nothing was Morrisette once known as the Deep Sea Ninja, however. Seemingly taking the measure of Golden, he was able to force him onto the back foot with his varied offence, shifting seamlessly from clotheslines to leglocks and so on. It made for a close match, but when Golden tried for a big boot Morrisette evaded, and quickly caught Golden with the Lobster Trap for the win.

Ana:
Could it be...? For one more week at least, Morrisette gets to live the dream!

Winner: Chris Morrisette (B+)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/ChrisMorrisette.jpg

Ana:
And Chris Morrisette is the eighth man to advance to the quarter-finals of the tournament. We now know what the matches will be next week.

Jerry:
And what a big win for Morrisette, maybe the biggest win of the night.

Duane:
Every other match went with the higher seed winning, but Morrisette overcame the odds. Maybe, just maybe, he could be smiling again after the final.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/RockyGolden.jpg

Golden certainly wasn’t smiling. He grabbed Morrisette and spun him around, trying to catch him with a boot to the gut. Morrisette blocked, and the two started trading punches.

Ana:
What a poor loser.

Duane:
I don’t think he’s had very much practise.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/TroyTornado.jpg

Morrisette was holding his own until the arrival of Troy Tornado, coming to his ally’s aid.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/JackBruce.jpg

The double-team was short-lived, though, with Jack Bruce charging the ring to tackle Tornado. However, before he could lay hands on his rival, Tornado backed away, letting Golden tackle the Long Island Angel.

Ana:
These four have been at odds for weeks, now, and the chance to release some of that tension is probably very welcome – for Bruce, especially!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Vengeance.jpg

But where there’s a fight Vengeance is probably lurking nearby. The huge masked man strode down to the ring and began dishing out big right hands to anyone who came in range, Succession members and SWF loyalists alike.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/AngryGilmore.jpg

That brought out Steve Frehley and Angry Gilmore, apparently wanting to help their friends, but both men walked into heavy blows from Vengeance, leaving them vulnerable as Brandon James sprinted down the aisle.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/BrandonJames.jpg

Ana:
Big Money doesn’t usually get into these brawls.

Duane:
He doesn’t usually have six rivals for a title shot in the ring all at the same time.

Indeed, Brandon James’ first action on entering the ring was to throw himself at Angry Gilmore, his Supreme Challenge opponent and a man on his side of the tournament bracket.

Jerry:
Big Money makes seven – where’s Eric in all this?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/EricEisen.jpg

As if in response, Eisen appeared at the top of the ramp, but made no move to join the affray.

Duane:
Eric Eisen is playing it safe – let his rivals beat each other senseless. Eric can only benefit from it, especially as he has Steve Frehley in the quarter-final next week!

The brawl in the ring continued, with referees and security trying to separate the eight men to no avail. As the show came to an end, the rivals showed no signs of cooling off.

Duane:
Join us next week for the quarter-final matches!

Overall: B (6.68 on CBA)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF.jpg

Guest codey
Such a good show, JC. After the Morisette/Golden match, I found myself not wanting it to end. I'm happy with your decision to give Morisette a little characterization prior to the match, as well.

Thanks, Codey. Glad you enjoyed the show.

After four months wait, we've just been told we're moving house next Wednesday. Don't know how quickly we'll get our broadband up and running, so things may be delayed a little over the next week or two, but I'll try and at least get the preview for the next STV up over the weekend, and if I have time I'll do the show before we move.

Obviously, though, other things may take precedence...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF_Uprising.jpg

Supreme Wrestling Federation presents: Uprising

Wednesday, 16th October 2010

In the night’s opening segment, Christian Faith announced that he would be a regular feature on Uprising, facing the best of the young talent in the SWF. Every month would also see a battle royal with the prize a place on the next pay-per-view in a match with Faith.

Jerry Eisen followed the Supreme Legend into the ring. He announced that Jack Giedroyc’s attack on an innocent man – who he called ‘Primus’ – the previous week had nearly had expensive repercussions for the SWF... but that the ‘innocent’ man had instead accepted an SWF contract as compensation. The big man would make his in-ring debut on this very show.

• The opening match featured Kurt Laramee against the heavily Japan-influenced William Hayes. The King of the Streets took some hard kicks, but rallied to with with a Switchblade Powerslam ©

• Next, frantic fourway tag action saw Northern Exposure edge out the Samoan Swat Machines, the California Fly Boys and the Colony to move to within one win of a tag title shot (B, 2pts)

Jay Chord came to the ring ahead of his match. He poked fun at Rocky Golden for losing to Chris Morrisette the previous night – Golden was hardly ‘making the place better’ by losing to someone like ‘Lobster Boy’, Chord said with a wide grin on his face.

• Jake Marlowe didn’t seem impressed with Jay Chord’s smack talk. He weathered an early flurry of offence from the youngster but took control before scoring with the Jungle Jack-Jammer for the win (B-)

• Eric Eisen then defended his Billion Dollar Belt against James Hernandez, using a low blow to set up the Latino youngster for the Supremacy (C+)

Eisen then mocked Christian Faith, saying Faith should spend his later years taking all he can get, not giving back.

• CCX started the night just one win away from a title shot, but ended up much further away as the Samoan Wildboyz overturned the popular duo – albeit with some help from Swoop McCarthy and Runaway Train (B-, 1pt)

Newcomer Eddie Cornell seemed pumped up for his match against Primus, predicting an early end to the big man’s career at the hands of someone who was ‘genuine class’

• An early end was right, but Primus was the one standing tall at the end, having crushed Cornell from the bell before finishing him with a Flying Lariat (F)

• Exciting tag action followed as Gregory Black and Adam Matravers took on Brent Hill and Ted Brady. Hill showed his class by taking down Matravers with the King of the Hill, possibly making a case for a North American title shot (B-)

• Next up, young stars Steven Parker and Cyclonus clashed, with Cyclonus falling to a Future Shock (C+)

Faith, Aaron Andrews and Black talked about Faith’s plans for the coming months, discussing possible opponents – Montero, Spade and Hernandez all featuring highly. Faith revealed that his opponent in the main event was none other than Gino Montero.

• Valiant and Grace Harper teamed up to face off against Squeeky McClean and Melody Cuthill in mixed tag action. McClean and Cuthill were quick to cheat, and Cuthill was able to steal the win from Harper in countering a roll-up with her hands on the ropes for leverage (C+)

• Robbie Retro got some momentum back from his tournament defeat at the hands of Brandon James, taking the fight to Darryl Devine from the bell. In the end he put the Succession man down hard with a Murder on the Dancefloor to take a decisive win (B-)

• In the night’s main event young star Gino Montero put on his working boots to take on Christian Faith. Montero fought hard, and never let Faith have an easy time of it, but ultimately experience told and the Supreme Legend picked up the win with a Test of Faith (B-)

Overall: B-

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF.jpg

OOC: So... Moving house takes time - who knew?

No firm prediction on when the show will be up - early next week if we move this week and if the phone company are quick to get us hooked up is the best guess.

I'm a little bit stressed... :p

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF_Supreme.jpg

SWF Supreme TV Preview

After a barnstormer of a show last week, we’re into the quarter-finals of the #1 Contender tournament this week on Supreme TV. We’ll see no fewer than four main-event level matchups as Jack Bruce takes on the monstrous Vengeance, Steve Frehley clashes with Eric Eisen, Angry Gilmore squares off with the enigmatic Troy Tornado, and “Big Money” Brandon James faces the indefatigable Chris Morrisette. Tonight four men will fall, and four will advance to the semi-finals – just two wins away from a World title shot.

But tonight’s show isn’t just about the tournament. After a week of apparently being the brunt of the Succession’s jokes, Rocky Golden has ordered Jay Chord to face an opponent of Golden’s choosing. Chord’s frequent rival Aaron Andrews being chosen, and Golden will no doubt be hoping that “Double A” can teach the youngest Succession member an important lesson.

Meanwhile, Swoop McCarthy has stepped up to the plate by issuing a challenge to Christian Faith. The young Australian is obviously feeling his oats, as he claims that Faith’s youth movement should be focused on him first and foremost.

We’re also going to see the newcomer Brent Hill in action against Jake Marlowe. The Hannah-proclaimed “King of the Hill” believes he’s capable of facing and defeating the best in the world, and while we’re loathe to argue with Hannah, it will be interesting to see how the recent debutant copes with the athletic Marlowe.

We’re also scheduled to hear from Spencer Spade and Squeeky McClean, two men who’ve had a rough time of it in recent weeks. Meanwhile, Jerry Eisen has been following Remo again. We think it’s legal as he had a full camera crew with him, but even so, we hope for Jerry’s sake that he has something to report this time. We’ll find out tonight, only on CBA!

SWF Supreme TV

Quarter-final: #1 Jack Bruce vs. #8 Vengeance

Quarter-final: #5 Steve Frehley vs. #4 Eric Eisen

Quarter-final: #11 Chris Morrisette vs. #3 Brandon James

Quarter-final: #7 Angry Gilmore vs. #2 Troy Tornado

Aaron Andrews vs. Jay Chord

Christian Faith vs. Swoop McCarthy

Jake Marlowe vs. Brent Hill

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/Z_SWF.jpg

Great show last week, enjoyed throughout

SWF Supreme TV

He has to be in the running

Monster

Can't go against Gil

I like AA, Jay Chord needs AA

Legend

I REALLY like Hill through association with John Anderson :p

Guest codey

Face/heel in both semi's. Plus James/Gilmore was foreshadowed in the last show.

Bruce and Troy have some unfinished business and with them being 1st and 2nd in ranking it just seem too predictable for them to be in finals so I take the other route and say that they cost each others their matches here.

Since I picked Vengeance to advance I need a face to advance here so Frehley gets to the next round.

Morrisette did well to get past the first round but I think that he´s run ends here.

Like I said Bruce is going to cost Tornado this one.

Personal preferense.

Faith is still main eventer while Swoop is a tag guy so FAith picks up the win.

Hill just seems like a bigger name to me.

Archived