2015 Mod?

I couldn't see CZCW training a 6'8 giant, nor do a lot of those guys really fit the CZCW style, I'd expect the majority to be smaller arial workers if CZCW are going to train them, I doubt they'd have any experience with the bigger workers/hardcore/brawlers even technical workers suggested. Just a thought.

That's a good point, but I think it's more that they're associated with the training rather than anything else. And as a secondary point, if they're picked because they're on the West Coast, wouldn't TCW be more likely? Much bigger and well known (more likely to pull in their fans like SCSA fans looked at Tough Enough), and they'd love to a chance to get more visible in the mainstream, no? Hm...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't see CZCW training a 6'8 giant, nor do a lot of those guys really fit the CZCW style, I'd expect the majority to be smaller arial workers if CZCW are going to train them, I doubt they'd have any experience with the bigger workers/hardcore/brawlers even technical workers suggested. Just a thought.

i have to agree with mark...when i played as CZCW im sure they dont even have a heavyweight..the product is something like explosive action, definately lots of cruiserweights and spot monkeys.

i have to agree with mark...when i played as CZCW im sure they dont even have a heavyweight..the product is something like explosive action, definately lots of cruiserweights and spot monkeys.

maybe they changed their product to be able to grow and get more mainstream attention so they stop focusing on spot monkeys and balanced their roster to add more styles

maybe they changed their product to be able to grow and get more mainstream attention so they stop focusing on spot monkeys and balanced their roster to add more styles

There's nothing to suggest they would and personally I love that style, would be annoyed if all the smaller promotions had their products modified to a similar style held by the bigger promotions.

if you change the product and have a load of big lumps..it will kill CZCW's personality..they have stayed open since 1990 which is a hell of a long time.so if it aint broke why change things.the owner Cliff Anderson has cutting edge as a preference in his buisness settings so unless he leaves or dies i dont think he would change the companies identity..if he wanted to make money wouldnt he have had sports entertainment as the product from the start. just my thought but i feel it would be a shame to ruin a great promotion to actually play as game wise.

Hugh De Aske in WLW?

Not a bad shout at all.

But wherever he is he needs to jettison the pirate gimmick. Its so tired

How about doing something with the Native American chaps? Nicky Champion, Running Wolf, Roger Monteiro Alexis LF and Ace Youngblood.

I always put some of them together if I can and Im sure others do too. If they're not currently a stable (at USPW) then at least some tag experience and history

Valiant and Rocky Golden (known at the time as Prince Adam) were in CZCW circa 2005.

Adding my weight to not changing the CZCW product. Its ace as it is.

Quick thoughts on potential HIW roster:

Red Angel

UK Dragon

Brilliant White

Menace (I always like 1 big fella)

Cannonball Logan

Burning Exile - makes so much sense!

Liam Lutz

Joe Simpson

Pigeon Mask

Nate Manchester

Thunderbolt

Stardust Phil Cox

Cain Carlisle

Bali Daljit

Russel Nixon

Neville Jones

Strife

Adding my weight to not changing the CZCW product. Its ace as it is.

Quick thoughts on potential HIW roster:

Red Dragon

UK Dragon

Brilliant White

Menace (I always like 1 big fella)

Cannonball Logan

Burning Exile - makes so much sense!

Liam Lutz

Joe Simpson

Pigeon Mask

Nate Manchester

Thunderbolt

Stardust Phil Cox

Cain Carlisle

Bali Daljit

Russel Nixon

Neville Jones

Strife

Not a bad shout at all.

But wherever he is he needs to jettison the pirate gimmick. Its so tired[/i.

Which is up to the player more than myself. I don't want to force people's hands completely with gimmicks and railroad all possibilities.

How about doing something with the Native American chaps? Nicky Champion, Running Wolf, Roger Monteiro Alexis LF and Ace Youngblood.

I always put some of them together if I can and Im sure others do too. If they're not currently a stable (at USPW) then at least some tag experience and history

... Little teaser, I guess. Ace and Wolf are teaming together in USPW and are managed by Alexis (who retired from the ring after BSC closed down and signed with USPW). I'm leaving it up to the player to decide whether or not they want to form a stable out of them, though obviously the seeds are there. :)

And no, I'm not touching CZCW's product.

@HIW Roster: Looks nice. I'm going to have to build an initial roster first out of the ex-21CW and some ROF guys before I do my transition, but I'll definitely be building off of that. :p

Are you going to tweak any worker sizes? I'd imagine a few of the younger workers from 2010 might have bulked up in the five years that have passed. I could see someone like Paul Huntingdon hitting the steroids to bulk up to Light Heavyweight, with his power, looks and star quality going up with it (but that might be because he really, really reminds me of Triple H).

Are you going to tweak any worker sizes? I'd imagine a few of the younger workers from 2010 might have bulked up in the five years that have passed. I could see someone like Paul Huntingdon hitting the steroids to bulk up to Light Heavyweight, with his power, looks and star quality going up with it (but that might be because he really, really reminds me of Triple H).

Yeah, I plan to, but that's going to be an end-game thing, since I've still got so much to do before even getting to the wrestlers themselves.

There is at least one guy, Ricky DeColt, who's bio implies that he may move up a weight class.

Valiant and Rocky Golden (known at the time as Prince Adam) were in CZCW circa 2005.

This is a true statement.

IRL ROH will train anyone if they pay for the schooling even a big 7 foot guy that wouldn't fit their product. (Ring of Honor slapped their name on that movie THE WRESTLER which didn't have anything to do with their product.)

I am not saying those reality tv show guys have to be on the CZCW roster but it is possible that they would have 1 bigger slower guy on the roster. The casting for the show would be determined by the TV Execs. CZCW is just their in name alone training them. If anything it would be good publicity for them to train the guys for the show. I think most indy feds would be willing to do it in order to get some recognition.

And Rocky was explicitly stated to founder because he was completely unsuited to their style of work.

Also Valiant is a middleweight.

Ok I will give you that Rocky failed in CZCW. That is fine. The product will make it so no big slow brawler would succeed espescially a bad one such as Prince Adam was.

Valiant being a middleweight has nothing to do with the product. Size doesn't matter. If a guy can wrestle the style then it works.

The point of the guys wasn't to have all 16 in CZCW on the roster. Look at the WWE having guys like Matt Cross who doesn't even fit with the WWE style at all. He was on Tough Enough for tv purposes. In fact most of the people that were in any of the seasons of Tough Enough never made it to the WWE as they wouldn't in a nitch promotion.

As I said before though if anyone wants to alter the stats/participants/promotion the idea was for I am fine with it.

Can Ant-Man and Fox Mask be headling CZCW shows? I'd like Fox Mask to be loyal to them by now with maybe a Fox Mask II coming up the ranks.

Just dropping in quickly... having an entire promotion of workers all wrestling the exact same style rarely happens. While CZCW are best known for their modern technical/aerial focus much like ROH, both companies have historically had success with brawlers/rumblers too. Much like having a rare high flyer (Randy Savage in WWF long ago) makes them more unique, having someone who is different is better than having everyone be too similar. Primus Allen would be an amazing monster heel addition for a promotion like CZCW... in fact, Primus is one of my favourite youngsters in the game, with an awesome mix of amazing athetlicism, camera skills and size. If for some reason he hasn't made it to a big North American promotion I can see him being a lot like Samoa Joe as he splits his time between Japan and American indy promotions. :)

Can Ant-Man and Fox Mask be headling CZCW shows? I'd like Fox Mask to be loyal to them by now with maybe a Fox Mask II coming up the ranks.

The best way to do a Fox Mask loyalty would be a positive relationship with the owner, much like Casey Valentine and Jay Chord have with Rip Chord. That keeps each of them in MAW for way longer than they really should be, and would be perfect for Fox Mask to also be next in line to potentially inherit the Zone one day, assuming he has the business skills to suit. :)

I love CZCW its my favorite promotion in the game and as one of the few people who play it as I like to think its intended I like to follow the AI restrictions rules as well which included a D in Athletics (maybe a D- I'm not in front of the game) and no one over Light Heavyweight. That's right boys and girls the AI will fire anyone you put in over Light Heavyweight if you set it up same as Adam has it set up right now. So no Primus Allen, no Gargantuan and no (Heavyweight of the day you want to send to CZCW). I've had success with Light Heavyweight guys and there's no reason not to have brawlers there but if you want to stay within the spirit of the greatest company in the game no heavy, super heady or giants please.

Although you can have Growth even in CZCW Marc Speed's bio specifically states he went from Lightweight to Middleweight hoping to get noticed by the bigger promotions.

I love CZCW its my favorite promotion in the game and as one of the few people who play it as I like to think its intended I like to follow the AI restrictions rules as well which included a D in Athletics (maybe a D- I'm not in front of the game) and no one over Light Heavyweight. That's right boys and girls the AI will fire anyone you put in over Light Heavyweight if you set it up same as Adam has it set up right now. So no Primus Allen, no Gargantuan and no (Heavyweight of the day you want to send to CZCW). I've had success with Light Heavyweight guys and there's no reason not to have brawlers there but if you want to stay within the spirit of the greatest company in the game no heavy, super heady or giants please.

Although you can have Growth even in CZCW Marc Speed's bio specifically states he went from Lightweight to Middleweight hoping to get noticed by the bigger promotions.

I don't think we should change CZCW. I am not saying we should have big guys there either. Just saying that there isn't any reason why a big guy couldn't train at their training facility.

Just dropping in quickly... having an entire promotion of workers all wrestling the exact same style rarely happens. While CZCW are best known for their modern technical/aerial focus much like ROH, both companies have historically had success with brawlers/rumblers too. Much like having a rare high flyer (Randy Savage in WWF long ago) makes them more unique, having someone who is different is better than having everyone be too similar. Primus Allen would be an amazing monster heel addition for a promotion like CZCW... in fact, Primus is one of my favourite youngsters in the game, with an awesome mix of amazing athetlicism, camera skills and size. If for some reason he hasn't made it to a big North American promotion I can see him being a lot like Samoa Joe as he splits his time between Japan and American indy promotions. :)

The best way to do a Fox Mask loyalty would be a positive relationship with the owner, much like Casey Valentine and Jay Chord have with Rip Chord. That keeps each of them in MAW for way longer than they really should be, and would be perfect for Fox Mask to also be next in line to potentially inherit the Zone one day, assuming he has the business skills to suit. :)

I personally think this is fine and agree with it. However in the game it is ok to have everyone be the same (roster of CZCW). That's part of why CZCW doesn't appeal to me as much as say MAW does. Some people such as APU though really love CZCW and I don't want to change anything about the game. Just freshen things up.

Yeah I don't know about changing another owner in the CVerse.

Been working on the female rosters so far, nearly finished with the preliminary rosters for AAA, CWWF, SWF, 5SSW and WINNOW (already did USPW's a while back). EWA might get it's cancelled, unless I go to the effort of making a dozen or so workers to fit it and Britain out with workers. Women's wrestling is a bit hard to keep going strong in all the regions. Might just include a couple of workers each in Australia, Mexico, UK & Europe to focus on the three real countries that have it going in strength.

Been working on the female rosters so far, nearly finished with the preliminary rosters for AAA, CWWF, SWF, 5SSW and WINNOW (already did USPW's a while back). EWA might get it's cancelled, unless I go to the effort of making a dozen or so workers to fit it and Britain out with workers. Women's wrestling is a bit hard to keep going strong in all the regions. Might just include a couple of workers each in Australia, Mexico, UK & Europe to focus on the three real countries that have it going in strength.

Bumping this to get some opinions.

Archived