Your Longest Title Reigns?

Whats your longest title reigns? Midcard or Main Event? Has anyone ever had a Heavyweight Champion who had like 2 or 3+ year title reign?

In my CZCW game i had Donnie J. hold the Coastal Zone Championship for 18 months

In my one WWE save my longest title reign belonged to Cody Rhodes with the Intercontinental title and that lasted about 13 months

And for some reason i cant keep tag title reigns going that long i usually end them in about 2 to 3 months.

I tend to have trouble with longer title reigns. If someone has a title for 3 months, it'd be considered really long for me. Friend of mine says I have "Title ADHD" as a lot of champs lose their titles within weeks. (And some even lose it on their first match as champ, though this usually happens for repeat champs. First time title holders usually keep it for at least 2 defenses.)

In my current game (using a 2001 real world mod), I put my companies midcard title on a 22 year old CM Punk and he's held it for 9 weeks now. This is the longest reign I can remember so far this particular save. I was thinking about trying to let him hold it until I'm ready to push him as a main eventer (at least another 6 months, I'm guessing; my main event scene is over crowded right now.) but I'm not sure.

I'm betting most people put titles on their champs for much longer.

Longest for me was a 2 years and 6 months reign for Sean McFly in a SWF 1997 game, normally my title reigns are average C-Verse length but I never got bored of McFly as champion during the period so I saw no reason to take it off him.

Ironically I remember keeping the TCW title on Rocky Golden for well over a year during a present day game, turned him heel during it because I knew the fans would hate Golden holding it for so long, it was probably my favorite game.

It usually depends on the title level... main event reigns I tend to keep going for about 4-6 months. Figure a worker wins a title in January, feuds with the guy he beatfor a couple of months, goes over, feuds with a second guy for a couple of months, goes over, loses in the course of his third feud, which then becomes the other guys first feud. I think the longest I ever kept the belt on someone was Shawn Michaels in a 1995 starting feud. It took a while to transition the WWF main event to get me a guy I wanted to put the belt on, so I just kept it on him for about 10 months. He was good enough to get Mid-80's matches from just about anyone midcard and above, so it worked while other guys came up the ladder.

The upper midcard belts (think IC title) tend to be similar, as I use this for the guys who top off at this level. The midcard though (TV Title/European Title) tend to be a few months at most, as I use these as stepping stones. This is part because if the guy gets over I want to keep moving him on up, but also because I'm much more likely to change a midcard belt at TV versus PPV.

The reigns on my main title tend to last for several months; I always feel like short title reigns without good reason tend to cheapen the belt, so even my smaller reigns are in the 4-5 month bracket.

Longest reigns though were a 15-month tag team title reign for Brooke Tyler and Remmy Honeyman (as part of an undefeated streak) and a 21 month midcard title reign for Lenny Brown, which I think was just a matter of never having any particularly compelling feud opponents to give it to, lol. It just never seemed like the right moment for him to drop the title, so he just kept holding and holding and holding.

If someone has a title for 3 months, it'd be considered really long for me.

WTF.

I considere 6 monthes as average reign.

Below 4 monthes, I think that's too small.

In my current game (started in 95, now in 2000), the longs reign has been (more than 9 monthes) :

Christopher Daniels, 10 monthes X Division Champions

Chris Jericho & Lance Storm, 14 monthes Tag Team Champions

Adam Copeland & Christian Cage, 10 monthes Tag Team Champions

Diamond Dallas Page, 10 monthes World Heavyweight Champion

Christopher Daniels, 12 monthes World Heavyweight Champion

I tend to get an itchy trigger finger for title changes and have to fight the urge to hot shot my belts. Best way to avoid this is to plan out what's happening with your belts ahead of time, usually by writing out your storylines.

Longest reign though? I don't know. Troy Tornado holding the TCW World Title for 8 months I think.

In my ZEN game I had Halloween Knight hold the belt for the first seventeen months of the game. It seemed like a sensible plan considering that he's the owner and by far the best wrestler in your starting roster. I eventually had him drop the belt to Swoop McCarthy soon after his debut.

For indy promotions, I measure length of reigns by title matches and not actual days held.

In that respect, my longest reign in an indy game was the 18 defenses of Nick Booth in a 0/0/0/0 workrate promotion. The original record was the seven defenses of Jack Miracle (aka Jack Avatar) in the first reign, but due to being local at the time his reign was about two and a half years long. Nomad would tie the record but lose the tiebreaking defense.

Longest reign? I'm checking my NOTBPW game where, I believe, every title has a less-than-week reign.

Young Lion: 9 months (American Elemental, 8 defenses)

Womens: 6 months (Raven Nightfall, 0 defenses) [also the only non-one week reign belt]

Unlimited Action: 8 months (Davis Wayne Newton, 5 defenses)

Tag Team: 5 months (Stone Jr. and Avatar, 4 defenses)

Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup: One year (oh, wait...)

Canadian: 3 months 1 week (Stone Jr., 5 defenses)

My longest reigns so far are

Mickie James - Women's Championship

RVD - ECW Championship

John Cena - WWE Championship

Have all won the title at Mania and are still holding onto it I'm now one week from SummerSlam.

I usually have long reigns when I'm high on someone or I don't know what to do story line wise, don't have a viable candidate to take the title from that person.

Nikita is second in line for longest reign to date as she won the Divas title in April and probably won't lose it till No Mercy

My longest reign would be one year with my main title being around the waist of my top heel.

At first I just didn't see a title change to be necessary as it worked out well, later on I built up an upper midcard face to finally dethrown the champ in a more or less surprising fassion to skyrocket her into the main event. I don't wanna spoil further details for this is where I'm currently at in my diary.

Midcard belts usually change hands about every 6-8 months. Shortest reign was 2 months, cause I had a top face who I wanted to push but had no other idea for at that moment.

Let's analyse my longest save:

Active Belts

NGW Junior Heavyweight Championship - Floating (Generally a midcard belt) - 72 Prestige

• Longest Reign - 8 Months 2 Weeks - American Elemental & Johnny Bloodstone (current champion)
  • Shortest Reign - 2 Weeks - Dark Angel (won title by mistake...took title off him as soon as I could, and a few weeks later he left for HGC)
  • Average Reign - 4.3 Months

NGW Tag Team Championships - Floating (Importance of belts vary between main event and midcard depending on holders) - 100 Prestige

• Longest Reign - 10 Months - The McWades
  • Shortest Reign - 1 Month - Young Money Generation (Rich Money & Tom Gilmore)
  • Average Reign - 5.6 Months (including partner replacements as a new reign) or 6.4 Months (Counting partner replacements as the same reign)

NGW World Title - Main Event - 100 Prestige

• Longest Reign - 26 Months - Raymond Diaz
  • Shortest Reign - 1 Month - Black Cobra (a.k.a Duane Stone)
  • Average Reign - 9.7 Months

Defunct Belts

Million Dollar Title - Floating (Midcard) - 61 Prestige

• Longest Reign - 14 Months - Owen Pinsent (a.k.a Owen Love)
  • Shortest Reign - 0 Days - Remo Richardson (a.k.a Remo) (Title retired by Remo upon winning)
  • Average Reign - 7 Months (Only two champions mentioned above :p)

NGW Womens Title - Floating - 44 Prestige

• Longest Reign - 15 Months - Farrah Hesketh
  • Shortest Reign - 2 Months - Farrah Hesketh (Belt retired, and division folded for a second time, during her reign 4th reign)
  • Average Reign - 7.8 Months

I hotshot my Junior Heavyweight belt around a bit more than I should, but other than that quite happy with the average length of reigns.

WTF.

I considere 6 monthes as average reign.

Below 4 monthes, I think that's too small.

Yeah, I know. I always want to move titles around, like I said. I'm trying to get that under control right now and CM Punk has actually had my midcard title for 7 months at this point. Though he's ready for a push into the main event now, I think, so he needs to drop the title soon.

Trying to get my "must change titles every 3 weeks" impulses under control, hah.

Currently in my ROH game (June 2013 game time, started June 2010) I've usually got decent length reigns for my champions. I personally don't like having someone drop a title within days or weeks of holding it, unless it's part of a storyline that I'm in the middle of running.

My current champions :

ROH World : Chris Hero (currently held it for 2 months)

former champions : Davey Richards (held from Feb 2012-March 2013) / Roderick Strong (held from Feb 2011 - Feb 2012) / Bryan Danielson (held from Dec 2010 - Feb 2011) / Tyler Black (held from Feb 2010 - Dec 2010)

ROH TV : Rhett Titus (currently held for 2 months)

former champion longest reign : Davey Richards (held from March 2011 - Feb 2012)

ROH Tag Team : Steenerico (just won at Death Before Dishonor)

former champion longest reign : Dark City Fight Club (held from Feb 2011 - Aug 2011)

In my 21CW game I had Ricky Storm hold the action division title for over 2 years and he only dropped it then when War Machine botched a run in to build up to their triple threat with Joss Thompson. The storyline being Storm was added to the match as Machines insurance policy to keep the world title but after this its not a sure thing Ricky will help him.

The reigns on my main title tend to last for several months; I always feel like short title reigns without good reason tend to cheapen the belt, so even my smaller reigns are in the 4-5 month bracket.

That's also what I think. I had five SWF North American Champions in a row have exactly two month title reigns, and even though the game's stats say otherwise, I think that that is one of my least prestigous titles now, and I'm currently trying to have longer reigns to boost the prestige of the title in my mind and storylines. :D

Anyways, the longest title reigns that I have had in my SWF game are as follows:

SWF World Heavyweight: I had Angry Gilmore hold on to it for 8 months, which was a bad move in hindsight. Since the SWF is so promo heavy I got sick of the character I was booking for Gilmore within those eight months, since I tend to have the World Champ be the focus of all of my shows, and now I can't figure out a good character switch that would make storyline sense. FYI most of my World Championship reigns are 4-5 months.

SWF Shooting Star: I made up a character named "Australian Lion" that was going to be the entertaining, high flying, technical wrestling machine needed to take the Australian wrestling scene to the next level. He then got hired by RAW as a jobber for the next two years. Seeing his potential be squandered, I signed him up to a deal and he reigned as my Shooting Star Champion for 13 months, the longest title reign I have had in any game I have ever played. And the good news is that I'm not sick of booking his current character/gimmick yet. :p

SWF World Tag Team: Eric Eisen and Enforcer Roberts got a 7 month reign with the tag belts because of two reasons: One, Eric Eisen didn't really fit in with any of my Main Event storylines at the time and Two, there was a lack of tag teams capable of putting on good matches in the division at the time. They will probably never get another tag title reign, or at least not as long of one, ever again due to the fact that Eric is now in a Main Event storyline and now that I've greatly improved my tag division.

• 1 month later...

In 11 years (January 1995 to January 2006)

All my championships have average reigns between 5 and 6 monthes.

Some has been shorter than 2 weeks, some has been longer than a year.

World Heavyweight :

10 monthes, Diamond Dallas Page (December 97 to October 98)

12 monthes, Christopher Daniels (December 98 to December 99)

10 monthes, Raven (February 02 to December 02)

10 monthes, Adam Copeland (December 02 to October 03)

10 monthes, Christian Cage (December 04 to October 05)

Tag Team :

14 monthes, Chris Jericho & Lance Storm (October 95 to December 96)

10 monthes, Adam Copeland & Christian Cage (October 97 to August 98)

10 monthes, Jerry Lynn & Christopher Daniels (October 02 to August 03)

X Division :

10 monthes, Christopher Daniels (August 96 to June 97)

12 monthes, AJ Styles (June 00 to June 01)

14 monthes, Samoa Joe (June 03 to August 04)

13 monthes, Samoa Joe (December 04 to January 06, vacated when he became World champion)

Trios :

14 monthes, Adam Copeland, Christian Cage & Christopher Daniels (August 00 to December 01)

Eric Eisen held the SWF title from the beginning of the game until I quit from dropping to Cult in September. Normally I don't have particularly long reigns, but it varies based on defenses and challengers. For example, in my current TCW game, Rocky Golden is still champion going into May because I have far more heels with tons of momentum and overness than faces, so putting the title on a heel is a negative and Golden can use the exposure.

Archived