The Original Movie Game 2.0... It's Back!!!

mad5226

For those of you who played my last game you know the rules, I am making some changes to both help me as a mediator as well as hopefully make it a more enjoyable game.

You start your studio of with 1 million dollars. Using that money you choose your cast, director, production budget, and marketing budget. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO OVER BUDGET.

Each day players will make movies with the cast of their choice, however, if a cast member has already been used in any role other than a cameo then they cannot be used again until the following day.

There is a limit of 1 movie per person per day. This gives me and my cast enough time to keep up on the game and not get bogged down by reviews.

Keep an eye on the current trends; they will be a huge part in determining the success of your movie.

New Rules:

Using copyrighted material:

If you want to use a book or a comic or something else that is considered copyrighted you can make a request and I will reply to your request with the copyright owner’s demands. You can attempt to haggle, however there is no guarantee the company will bend to your will and you can only make 1 offer per day.

If somebody has contacted a company about the same copyrighted material you would like, you can enter a bidding war. In doing so the price of the movie will be driven up, but the movie will gain publicity and hype through it.

Finding a cast:

The movie making process will name be a two part procedure.

Step 1:

Fill out the following Info:

Title:

Rating (i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R, X):

Brief summary of the movie (This should be no more than 100 words).

Amount you plan to spend on marketing:

You then must list the actors/actresses/directors you want to contact for this film. You should include things like:

What will their role be?

Will they be expected to show any nudity?

What other perks are you offering? (This can range from a leading role in your next film to a larger sized trailer during shooting)

You then must wait for a response from the actor/actress/director before you can begin shooting your film.

Step Two:

Post the following info:

Title-

Lead Actor-

Lead Actress-

Supporting Actor- (OPTIONAL, but gives better quality value.)

Supporting Actress- (See above.)

Director - (This could have a huge impact on the direction and overall success of your movie.)

Genre- (Drama, Thriller, Comedy, Action, Sci-Fi, Arthouse, War, Western, etc)

Plot- (Give an explanation that is decent enough. The better the explanation of the plot, including referring to which actor is which character, and what the gist of the story is, the more likely your movie will succeed.)

Location- (Location filmed in, whether it be UK, US, etc.)

Budget- (Incl. Actors bought, amount spent on production, and amount spent on marketing)

Duration - (Length of the movie... Too short and people won't bother wasting their money, too long and they will grow bored of even a great flick.

Movies size guidelines when paying for production and marketing: > 5,000,000 = Small/Independent, > 25,000,000 Average Production Costs, 100,000,000 or more is considered a Blockbuster with Mega advertising.

I know this is a bit more in depth than the previous game, but I’m hoping to make it feel more “real”. Any questions just let me know, I’m sure there will be a ton until we get started, otherwise let the bidding wars can begin.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this one can survive, was going to start one on another forum. Two questions:

Do you need another reviewer?

At some point I will, but right now I want to try to do it solo just for uniformity purposes.

Are copyright request and cast request posted here or messages to you?

All requests are done through here, so others know what actors, etc. are in demand.

Good to see this is back, and my original intention to bring it back myself has been a failure so far due to real life. If you need someone to help you in the future, I am definitely on the list. By the way, can I contact multiple talents on the same role and decide which one to use depend on their response?

I'm confused. Can we use any actors/actresses that we want? Or will there be some sort of 'value control' where you can't start out throwing in the Brad Pitts and Ryan Goslings of the acting business into your movie right away?

You can use whoever you want as long as, they haven't been used for the day and you can afford them

Good to see this is back, and my original intention to bring it back myself has been a failure so far due to real life. If you need someone to help you in the future, I am definitely on the list. By the way, can I contact multiple talents on the same role and decide which one to use depend on their response?

For now no, I may introduce a "contact fee" later down the road so that you can contact multiple but for a fee

It might be better if you do it once a week rather than once a day, or two movies a week. Keeps you from getting burnt out too quickly.

Edit: Can we have two different kinds of movies? Made for Television versus Made for Theatres? I mean, having a million is basically making one of those Syfy 2 hour movies, no?

Title: Run

Rating (i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R, X): PG-13

Brief summary of the movie: A chance meeting between two fugitives leads to the duo teaming up to increase there chances at survival. Winston, a suave bank robber from a small middle american town and Andre a hyper inner city kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time team up to run away from, and eventually turn the tables on the corrupt law officials chasing them.

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: 300,000

Winston - Justin Timberlake, lead, no perks

Andre - Nick Cannon, lead, no perks

Chief Catala - Chritstopher Walken, support, no perks

Like this?

Title: Father's Day

Rating: PG-13

Brief summary of the movie: A comedy, when a 40+ bachelor realizes he has a grown-up son, who he has to get to learn.

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: $300,000-$500,000

Director- Jay Roach.

Actors- Jim Carey, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity.

Actors- Jay Baruchel, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity.

Actress- Mary Steenburgen , Support, No Perks.

Title: Corporate Hitman

Rated: PG-13

Brief Summary: "Meet the ultimate consumer watchdog". Set in a future where corporations are their own micronations and police departments are replaced by mercenaries, a former consumer reporter seeks vengeance while bringing down a conspiracy to overthrow the United Nations.

Marketing budget: 300,000-400,000

Director- Quentin Tarentino

Actors:

Thomas Jane, Lead, Future role depending on movie's success, no nudity

Hugo Weaving, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity

Lewis Black, Support, No Perks, No Nudity

James Remar, Support, Possible future role, No Nudity

Tony Jaa, Support, Possible future role, No nudity

Mila Kunis, Support, Possible future role, nudity preferred but not necessary.

Title: Run

Rating (i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R, X): PG-13

Brief summary of the movie: A chance meeting between two fugitives leads to the duo teaming up to increase there chances at survival. Winston, a suave bank robber from a small middle american town and Andre a hyper inner city kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time team up to run away from, and eventually turn the tables on the corrupt law officials chasing them.

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: 300,000

Winston - Justin Timberlake, lead, no perks

Andre - Nick Cannon, lead, no perks

Chief Catala - Chritstopher Walken, support, no perks

Like this?

Justin Timberlake has agreed to the lead role for 150,000, plus a guarantee to play the lead if you decide to make a sequel.

Nick Cannon will agree for 75,000 plus the guarantee you will allow Mariah to sing at least two tracks in the movie soundtrack (this will cost you 25,000 dollars extra in production, but will also slightly increase your movie hype for no charge.)

Christopher Walken will agree to a supporting role for 65,000 dollars.

You haven't added a director for your film.

If you agree to terms with the above actors you can begin filming as soon as you contract a director. If you want to continue to negotiate you can post your counter offer at any time and they will respond tomorrow.

Title: Father's Day

Brief summary of the movie: A comedy, when a 40+ bachelor realizes he has a grown-up son, who he has to get to learn.

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: $300,000-$500,000

Director- Jay Roach.

Actors- Jim Carey, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity.

Actors- Jay Baruchel, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity.

Actress- Mary Steenburgen , Support, No Perks.

Jay Roach will agree to make your movie for 150,000 dollars.

Jim Carey will agree to terms for 100,000 dollars.

Jay Baruchel agrees to terms for 60,000 dollars.

Mary Steenburgen agrees to terms for 30,000 dollars.

If you agree to terms with the above actors you can begin filming immediately . If you want to continue to negotiate you can post your counter offer at any time and they will respond tomorrow.

Title:The Idiots

Rating:PG-13

Brief summary of the movie : Two People who don't even know each other learn that they are Brothers and then have to try to live together and be brothers

Amount you plan to spend on marketing:350,000

Actors-Charlie Sheen, Lead, Future Role, No Nudity

Actors-Dwayne Johnson,Lead,Future Role,No Nudity

Director-Jon Lee Hancock

Title: Corporate Hitman

Rated: PG-13

Brief Summary: "Meet the ultimate consumer watchdog". Set in a future where corporations are their own micronations and police departments are replaced by mercenaries, a former consumer reporter seeks vengeance while bringing down a conspiracy to overthrow the United Nations.

Marketing budget: 300,000-400,000

Director- Quentin Tarentino

Actors:

Thomas Jane, Lead, Future role depending on movie's success, no nudity

Hugo Weaving, Lead, No Perks, No Nudity

Lewis Black, Support, No Perks, No Nudity

James Remar, Support, Possible future role, No Nudity

Tony Jaa, Support, Possible future role, No nudity

Mila Kunis, Support, Possible future role, nudity preferred but not necessary.

Tarerntino will agree to make your movie for 200,000 dollars and the guarantee to direct any sequel that may come from it.

Thomas Jane will agree to terms for 100,000 dollars

Hugo Weaving will agree to terms for 75,000 dollars

Lewis Black will agree to terms for 75,000 dollars and an all you can eat buffet on set at all times (this will tun your company an additional 10,000 dollars)

James Remar will agree to terms for 35,000 dollars

Tony Jaa will agree to terms for 20,000 dollars

Mila Kunis will agree to terms for 25,000 dollars

If you agree to terms with the above actors you can begin filming immediately . If you want to continue to negotiate you can post your counter offer at any time and they will respond tomorrow

Title: Normalcy

Rating: R

Marketing: 300k

Brief Summary: An alcoholic-insomniac homicide detective, still grieving from the death of his wife and daughter, must team up with a new partner to solve the latest string of bizzare murders.

Director: Michael Mann

Actor: Orlando Bloom, lead, no perks, brief nudity

Actress: Kerry Washington, lead, no perks, brief nudity

Actor: Jared Leto, supporting, no perks

Actor: Roy Winstone, supporting, no perks

Actress: Diana Argon, supporting, no perks

Title:The Idiots

Rating:PG-13

Brief summary of the movie : Two People who don't even know each other learn that they are Brothers and then have to try to live together and be brothers

Amount you plan to spend on marketing:350,000

Actors-Charlie Sheen, Lead, Future Role, No Nudity

Actors-Dwayne Johnson,Lead,Future Role,No Nudity

Director-Jon Lee Hancock

Charlie Sheen will agree to terms for 175,000 dollars and the guarantee of no drug testing (this has a chance to tarnish the reputation of your company.)

Dwayne Johnson will agree to terms for 125,000 dollars

Jon Lee Hancock will make your film for 160,000 dollars

If you agree to terms with the above actors you can begin filming immediately . If you want to continue to negotiate you can post your counter offer at any time and they will respond tomorrow

Tarantino will agree to make your movie for 200,000 dollars and the guarantee to direct any sequel that may come from it.

Thomas Jane will agree to terms for 100,000 dollars

Hugo Weaving will agree to terms for 75,000 dollars

Lewis Black will agree to terms for 75,000 dollars and an all you can eat buffet on set at all times (this will tun your company an additional 10,000 dollars)

James Remar will agree to terms for 35,000 dollars

Tony Jaa will agree to terms for 20,000 dollars

Mila Kunis will agree to terms for 25,000 dollars

Accepted, and using the 300k minimum marketing budget.

October Raven Productions Presents...

Title- Corporate Hitman

Lead Actor- Thomas Jane as Matthew Washington aka Corporate Hitman

Lead Actor- Hugo Weaving as Randall Paul Madison

Supporting Actor- Lewis Black as Senator Beckham Marshall Jr

Supporting Actor- James Remar as Bobby Mills aka Blackjack

Supporting Actor- Tony Jaa as The Enforcer

Supporting Actress- Mila Kunis as Anne Madison

Director - Quentin Tarentino

Genre- Action

Plot- A vigilante known as "Corporate Hitman" (Jane) hunts down corporate executives in a world where greed-tainted capitalism has corrupted politics on a global level, with the help of a former private peace offer "Blackjack" (Remar). Through flashbacks throughout the story we learn the Corporate Hitman was a professional field tester and critic of high grade electronics, and after a scathing review of Aegis Global's heavily-marked handheld device was framed for murder. Hitman now has to make his living by both assassinating high-profile executives whilst stealing their money with the help of Blackjack's hacking skills. We learn further on that Blackjack was the very same peace officer that arrested and helped convict Hitman, but after learning from anti-corporate blogs that Hitman was likely set up sought to make amends by helping him get payback.

Aegis Global's CEO, the ruthless Randall Paul Madison (Weaving), whose right hand man happens to be New York senator and part-time UN ambassador Beckham Marshall Junior (Black), is planning on using his (illegal) influence to blackmail every single UN ambassador to get them to surrender all assets to Aegis Global. Madison's plan reaches Hitman's ears and he's happy to put down the man responsible for ruining his life.

His plan involves using Randall's granddaughter Anne (Kunis) as bait to draw Madison to a public place to execute him personally. This changes when Anne turns out to be anti-corporate activist... the same one who fed Hitman and Blackjack the information on Randall Madison's plans.

Blackjack and Anne stage the kidnapping, though are nearly thwarted when experimental cyborg bodyguard "The Enforcer" (Jaa) attempts to intercept them. Hitman manages to get them to safety and lure The Enforcer into an ambush of auto-LMG fire.

Pretending to be human traffickers, our heroes send a video ransom note to Madison. Madison responds by sending all his remaining bodyguards and some private police officers on his payroll to the location. When asked about concern over Anne's safety, Madison says "kill her too, this will get her nose out of my business."

Little does he know that Blackjack had planted himself as a janitor in Madison's building and wiretapped the whole place while downloading proof of Madison's misdeeds and Hitman and Anne are on their way to kill Madison as part of an internet broadcast.

Hitman and Anne storm the building, the private officers there no match for Hitman's gun-toting skills. We get a brief flashback where we learn Hitman himself was a Marine before being a consumer reporter, as his father was before him. His father's last words to him were to "Keep freedom alive, even if it means you must die to do it."

The heroes reunite with Blackjack (who just distributed proof of Madison's misdeeds all over the internet) and kill Senator Marshall on the way, but not before they run into the Enforcer again. The Enforcer shoots Blackjack and aims for Anne but Hitman gets in the way. Anne uses the confusion to sneak behind the cyborg, and jumps on it's back, taking it's high-powered pistol and using it to blow the machine's brains out. Hitman, having only been hit on the shoulder, then throws The Enforcer out the window, just to make sure.

Madison's back is against the wall, as Hitman approaches him to execute the evil CEO. Madison's last words are telling our heroes that, no matter what, "Money will ALWAYS win". Hitman replies, "Maybe. But today, you lose," before pulling the trigger.

The movie ends with Hitman carrying Blackjack into their van, with Anne behind him. Blackjack isn't sure if he'll make it, but Hitman promises to do what he can. Hitman asks if the "big finale" is set up. Blackjack can only smile before he passes out, Hitman takes this as a yes and hands a detonator to Anne. Anne kisses our hero before setting off an explosion that demolishes the Aegis building, while computers around the world play the "Hallelujah" chorus to Handel's "Messiah" as we fade into credits.

Location- United States (New Jersey, with sets to help resemble parts of New York and Washington DC)

Budget- $1m

Duration - 105 min

Title:Therapy

Rating:PG

Genre: Comedy

Brief summary of the movie : A husband and wife go to marriage counseling, and talk about/flashback on their dysfunctional family.

Planned Marketing: 300,000

Director: Dennis Dugan

Actors:

Adam Sandler(Lead) - James Shrouder, no perks, no nudity.

Alyssa Milano(Lead) - Rebecca Shrouder, no perks no nudity.

Steve Martin (Lead) - Dr Wright, Promised his choice of a lead in my next film or minor parts in my next three, no nudity.

Kevin James (Minor) - Uncle Tiny

Erik Per Sullivan (Minor) James Shrouder, Jr

Ariel Winter (Minor) Sasha Shrouder

((I hope I did this right))

Title: Crossfire

Summary: Several federal agents (notably including our protagonists Allen Mason & Samantha Anderson) are assigned to fly in Lorenzo Diploi, formerly underboss in one of the families of the Chicago Outfit and current key witness for a major case against the Chicago Outfit. If successful, dozens of members of the various families would be arrested and the Outfit crippled. To prevent his testimonial, the Outfits is planning for her “disappearance”, having dispatched one of their premier wetworks assassins, Emilio Lombardi, with a team of hitmen to handle the situation.

After a botched attempt at ambushing the detail at the airport leaves our intrepid heroes and the witness alive and on the run, we embark on a cat and mouse chase throughout much of Chicago during the night as they attempt to avoid the corralling of the team and get under proper protection.

Marketing Amount: 150,000

Director: Clark Johnson (of SWAT fame)

Leading Actors:

Jensen Ackles as the federal agent Allen Mason

Mark Pellegrino as the mob’s hitman Emilio Lombardi

Mark Copani as the informant Lorenzo Dipoli

Leading Actress: Alison Mack to play the federal agent Samantha Anderson

Supporting Actor: Claudio Castagnoli, Marco Jaggi, Chuck Palumbo, John Hugger & Vito DeLagrasso among the members of Mark Pellegerino’s team, having small amounts of dialogue but more than the extras.

I can’t imagine I have to offer any of these primarily television actors/professional wrestlers something big to get them in my movie. Or Johnson for that matter, he’s not that huge a director. Overall, this is a movie that could be described as “average/all right for a theatre movie, would have been great if it was a made-for-television-movie.”

Jay Roach will agree to make your movie for 150,000 dollars.

Jim Carey will agree to terms for 100,000 dollars.

Jay Baruchel agrees to terms for 60,000 dollars.

Mary Steenburgen agrees to terms for 30,000 dollars.

If you agree to terms with the above actors you can begin filming immediately . If you want to continue to negotiate you can post your counter offer at any time and they will respond tomorrow.

I'll agree with the terms.

Archived