Modern Warriors 11 (Real World Mod)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have a question, how are the fight ratings judged? Do the makers add their opinions or is it based on critics (Meltzer/Helwani/Ranallo).

Opinions.

Those guys don't give "ratings", some have rankings but that doesn't = ratings, because Fighter A might be ranked 13th, but be better than fighter B that is ranked 9th.

I just have a question, how are the fight ratings judged? Do the makers add their opinions or is it based on critics (Meltzer/Helwani/Ranallo).

Considering Helwani's clear financial bias, not that guy. But it's mostly just find Youtube matches of Ms. Rain, watch Youtube matches of Ms. Rain, look at who's she's fighting, and extrapolate. After that, I playtest with quick match to make sure she's where I think she is, then I move on to next one. I assume that's how Tag does it as well.

We try and stay on the ball with updates and such, but there are 2671 fighters(and growing) in the mod at current, dudes are sure to slip through the cracks. This is a WIP; and it probably will be "in perpetuity."

Thiago Silva recently left ATT & joined the Blackzilians.

Travis Browne is now at Greg Jackson's.

Joe Warren is at Team Quest.

I know, And they're there. The issue was I needed to know where they where because I must have missed them when I was going through the camps and updating them and I had to go one a wild goose chase to find them all.

If I'm not mistaken, #HEEL is actually referring to the ratings for fights in the event histories. Seems like the majority are set to either Average or Fantastic by default due to the time it would take to judge each fight individually, but some (maybe just some of the better-known 'best fight ever' candidates) clearly aren't.

I'm guessing that you tend to go with the general consensus of fans and critics if you do set the rating to something specific?

If I'm not mistaken, #HEEL is actually referring to the ratings for fights in the event histories. Seems like the majority are set to either Average or Fantastic by default due to the time it would take to judge each fight individually, but some (maybe just some of the better-known 'best fight ever' candidates) clearly aren't.

I'm guessing that you tend to go with the general consensus of fans and critics if you do set the rating to something specific?

I'm a huge twitter addict, hardly ever watch a card without it, so it's pretty easy to pick up what people thought of a fight in real time. For example: Santiago vs. Misaki II is an Excellent, Rua vs. Henderson is a Fantastic, Rollins vs. War Machine is a Great, Vitor vs. Franklin is a Good, Fujii vs. Schnieder is a Decent, Any Sam Stout fight ever is an Average, Shawn Jordan vs. Cheick Kongo is a Poor fight, Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetch is an Awful fight and Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie II is an Abysmal fight.

However, full disclosure here, I've done maybe 1/10th of 1% of the fights in the history. So this is a question for Tag, and all of the other members who've had this file.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say :o

I'm a huge twitter addict, hardly ever watch a card without it, so it's pretty easy to pick up what people thought of a fight in real time. For example: Santiago vs. Misaki II is an Excellent, Rua vs. Henderson is a Fantastic, Rollins vs. War Machine is a Great, Vitor vs. Franklin is a Good, Fujii vs. Schnieder is a Decent, Any Sam Stout fight ever is an Average, Shawn Jordan vs. Cheick Kongo is a Poor fight, Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetch is an Awful fight and Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie II is an Abysmal fight.

However, full disclosure here, I've done maybe 1/10th of 1% of the fights in the history. So this is a question for Tag, and all of the other members who've had this file.

I was actually asking because I saw the Hendo vs. Shogun fight was rated as average, when alot of people talk about it being great. If my memory serves me the only downside to the fight was tiredness from both guys, otherwise it was really good.

Thanks for the answer, you guys put alot of effort into this and it's appreciated.

I know, And they're there. The issue was I needed to know where they where because I must have missed them when I was going through the camps and updating them and I had to go one a wild goose chase to find them all.

Ahh right i understand, sorry. Just to let you know for future reference (if you don't know already) but if you change a fighters camp via there profile in the editor then you don't have to delete them from there old camp as it does it automatically.

Ahh right i understand, sorry. Just to let you know for future reference (if you don't know already) but if you change a fighters camp via there profile in the editor then you don't have to delete them from there old camp as it does it automatically.

... Why am I always the last to know these things? :p

really? not even the Fisher vs. Stout fights, even the third one was good & i am not a huge fan of that type of fight. Any fight in the top 100 of UFC fights (the special they aired) should be good or higher, just saying.

That list was just fan service... I mean, didn't Randy vs. Brock make that list? I know Wandi vs. Chuck was insanely high on that list... And lets be fair here, it wasn't that great.

This is the complete list:

100. Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor (UFC 80)

99. Pat Miletich vs. Carlos Newton (UFC 31)

98. Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon (UFN 13)

97. Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon (UFN 8)

96. Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes (UFC 60)

95. Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk (UFC 90)

94. B.J. Penn vs. Din Thomas (UFC 32)

93. Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle (UFC 78)

92. B.J. Penn vs. Matt Serra (UFC 39)

91. Rich Franklin vs. Ken Shamrock (TUF 1 Finale)

90. B.J. Penn vs. Caol Uno, Part II (UFC 41)

89. Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine (UFC 66)

88. Frankie Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin (UFC 67)

87. Jeremy Horn vs. Chuck Liddell (UFC 54)

86. Phil Baroni vs. Evan Tanner (UFC 45)

85. Nick Diaz vs. Karo Parisyan (UFC 49)

84. Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo (UFC 30)

83. Chuck Liddell vs. Vernon White (UFC 49)

82. Georges St. Pierre vs. Frank Trigg (UFC 54)

81. Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins (TUF 6 Finale)

80. Rich Franklin vs. Evan Tanner, Part I (UFC 42)

79. Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part I (UFC 69)

78. Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell (UFC 76)

77. James Irvin vs. Anderson Silva (UFN 14)

76. Matt Hughes vs. Sean Sherk (UFC 42)

75. Gerard Gordeau vs. Royce Gracie (UFC 1)

74. Rich Franklin vs. David Loiseau (UFC 58)

73. Jason Miller vs. Georges St. Pierre (UFC 52)

72. Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Part I (UFC 92)

71. Tank Abbott vs. Don Frye (UFC Ultimate Ultimate 1996)

70. Mark Coleman vs. Pete Williams (UFC 17)

69. B.J. Penn vs. Caol Uno, Part I (UFC 34)

68. Lyoto Machida vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC 84)

67. Shonie Carter vs. Matt Serra (UFC 31)

66. B.J. Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part II (UFC 94)

65. Spencer Fisher vs. Sam Stout, Part II (UFN 10)

64. Chuck Liddell vs. Renato 'Babalu' Sobral, Part II (UFC 62)

63. Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part I (UFC 50)

62. Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida (UFC 72)

61. B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (UFC 80)

60. Karo Parisyan vs. Georges St. Pierre (UFC 46)

59. Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar (UFC 91)

58. Matt Hughes vs. Carlos Newton, Part II (UFC 38)

57. Leonard Garcia vs. Roger Huerta (UFC 69)

56. Rich Franklin vs. Evan Tanner, Part II (UFC 53)

55. Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin (UFC 92)

54. Chris Leben vs. Anderson Silva (UFN 1)

53. Kenny Florian vs. Sean Sherk (UFC 64)

52. Chuck Liddell vs. Renato 'Babalu' Sobral, Part I (UFC 40)

51. Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell (UFC 88)

50. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva (UFC 92)

49. Houston Alexander vs. Keith Jardine (UFC 71)

48. B.J. Penn vs. Jens Pulver, Part I (UFC 35)

47. Chuck Liddell vs. Kevin Randleman (UFC 31)

46. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Chuck Liddell (UFC 71)

45. Pete Sell vs. Scott Smith (TUF4 Finale)

44. Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part II (UFC 83)

43. Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg, Part I (UFC 45)

42. Sean Sherk vs. Georges St. Pierre (UFC 56)

41. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Tim Sylvia (UFC 81)

40. Vitor Belfort vs. Randy Couture (UFC 15)

39. Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva (UFC 84)

38. Randy Couture vs. Pedro Rizzo, Part I (UFC 31)

37. Royce Gracie vs. Kimo Leopoldo (UFC 3)

36. Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell, Part II (UFC 52)

35. Frank Mir vs. Tim Sylvia (UFC 48)

34. B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk (UFC 84)

33. Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn, Part II (UFC 63)

32. Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (UFC 74)

31. Dan Henderson vs. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson (UFC 75)

30. Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn, Part I (UFC 46)

29. Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida (UFC 98)

28. Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz, Part II (UFC 66)

27. Randy Couture vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC 44)

26. Jon Fitch vs. Georges St. Pierre (UFC 87)

25. Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell, Part III (UFC 57)

24. Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock, Part I (UFC 1)

23. Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part II (UFC 65)

22. Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta (TUF 6 Finale)

21. Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell, Part I (UFC 43)

20. Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part III (UFC 79)

19. Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva (UFC 82)

18. Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz, Part I (UFC 47)

17. Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia (UFC 68)

16. Spencer Fisher vs. Sam Stout, Part I (UFC 58)

15. Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes (UFC 85)

14. Matt Hughes vs. Carlos Newton, Part I (UFC 34)

13. Clay Guida vs. Diego Sanchez (TUF 9 Finale)

12. Nick Diaz vs. Diego Sanchez (TUF 2 Finale)

11. Forrest Griffin vs. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson (UFC 86)

10. Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua (UFC 76)

9. Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (UFC 70)

8. Karo Parisyan vs. Diego Sanchez (UFN 6)

7. Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva, Part II (UFC 77)

6. Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva, Part I (UFC 64)

5. Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Part I (UFC 81)

4. B.J. Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre, Part I (UFC 58)

3. Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg, Part II (UFC 52)

2. Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva (UFC 79)

1. Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin, Part I (TUF 1 Finale)

• 2 weeks later...
So I downloaded this mod and every time I try to transfer it over to my game Winrar says that all of the files are corrupt and nothing ends up working. I previously had this mod and it was working with my game but I had to re install my game. Any help is appreciated!

The only pictures I had of either one of them were so low quality I opted for No Picture until something better came along. That's my rationale for all fighters without pics, so if you find a good quality one I'll cut it.

Here you go man. They're yours free to use as you please if you find them good enough. I hope you don't mind me adding the "Modern Warrior" background for you.

Brandon Merkt

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af143/Jipper16/WMMA/Fighter%20Headshots/BrandonMerkt.jpg

Matt Lee

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af143/Jipper16/WMMA/Fighter%20Headshots/Mattlee.jpg

Anthony Johnson? if so he fought at light heavyweight a couple of weeks ago on titan fighting championships.

That's what he's talking about.:D He's saying that Johnson only goes up to Middleweight in the mod, which needs to be fixed after that fight.

Simple misunderstanding.

Archived