Your First Game w/TEW2013?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read though the entire thread and although I said I was going to do my first save with CGC (Which I am still going to do) I might start another save a few weeks after release with CWWF. I remember a few people thinking they would have made it into TEW 2010 but it didn't however they definately should be in TEW 2013.

So a few weeks after the game is released and I want something in addition to the first save I started (CGC) I will likely start another save with CWWF.

I also plan on keeping my first save in TEW 2013 going as long as I can because I dont think my first save in TEW 2010 (NOTBPW) lasted very long.

I usually spend like a month or so editing stuff and adding this and that (more venues, TV networks, more indies to reflect the Japanese wrestling scene, lucha libre relations...since a lot of luchadores are related to each other)...just all kinds of stuff, really.

My first game will be WEXXV though. It's always WEXXV...if it's still open.

Gonna buy it and then return to TEW10 until the right mod becomes available...

This is why I won't bother buying it on release day. Sorry Adam, but the C-Verse does nothing for me. I've tried it, but it bores me. I'll buy it the day the first good mod comes out, though.

My first BIG DEAL SERIOUS game will almost certainly be a draft on my home board, probably with 9000-verse or WotI depending on when/if they come out. While I wait for that to happen I am probably gonna fire up about a half dozen Cornelleverse games and see if I can finally get one to stick. I actually kinda enjoyed a MAW game I had going on the side for a bit, so I'll probably look at them first, but who knows?

Gonna buy it and then return to TEW10 until the right mod becomes available...

This is why I won't bother buying it on release day. Sorry Adam, but the C-Verse does nothing for me. I've tried it, but it bores me. I'll buy it the day the first good mod comes out, though.
Well I'm sure you guys won't have to wait very long. ;)

Personally I probably spend about 95% of my TEW time in the C-Verse. :p

Personally I probably spend about 95% of my TEW time in the C-Verse. :p

Same here. I can get into RW mods some times but it only last for a month or two (game time). Not trying to start a debate about RW mods but I always find something wrong with it that ruins the entire game for me. No user-made mod will ever be perfect and they'll never come close to the CVerse. Adam put so much work into the entire game world and it's the most complete database for TEW (no matter what anyone says).

Somehow I usually gravitate towards MAW in my C-Verse games...so if they're still around I'll probably go there...though I may just open a new promotion just above USPW (or just below if they've made the jump to National/International/whatever)

Hard to say just yet. I feel like I'm starting to finally understand the TCW business model, but I have a fundamental problem with starting a game at basically the top of the mountain...

Wow I am the exact opposite. The Real World mods do absolutely nothing for me. Sometimes I can get into an old school Monday Night Wars game or possibly a Raw vs Smackdown custom game.

Other than those I exclusively play the c-verse. It is the most in-depth balanced mod there is. It took my over year into TEW 2005 after playing the Real World Exclusively before I could really get into it. Once I found a promotion I could work with everything fell into place. Now 6-7 years later here I am. I have played every single north american promotion a dozen times over probably. I have played some of the European promotions and all of the Australia promotions. Though I never have played as UK or Japan. UK just doesn't have the workers that interest me. Japan just has a different style than I am used too.

With that being said I will stick to my two favorite promotions which are USPW and CGC. Old School sports entertainment companies.

I'm busy planning a MOD based on Tommy Tomlin's Immortals, got the start-up promotions planned (17 in US, 1 in UK, 1 in mainland Europe, 3 in Japan, 3 in Canada). Unfortunately as a lot of the data is imported from other mods, I won't be able to release it, but on paper it looks decent.

I pref Cverse over almost anything, historical mods of it, alternate reality's... love it all because most of them are made by quality modders who stick to the principles the Cverse is founded on...

The problem with real world mods is the strong bias most mod makers who have tried to take on the task have when it comes to stats, Gendi does the best job in my book of trying to find a balance but he dosnt really do current day mods and they are difficult to maintain and update in anycase...

I'd say I'd start a game in Mexico but it depends how it's progressed. Obviously the Cornellverse is it's own thing, but I kinda feel that it could take far more inspirations from real life lucha than it has. Character wise it could be far more exciting by including some minis and exoticos. It's decent as it is, it just has a lot of potential that at the moment seems a little unrealised.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably SWF and Road to Glory games at the same time. SWF have been my go-to promotion since 2007, and Road to glory gives me a possibility to try many promotions in one save and see the game world to develop longer than in any od my SWF games, which usually lasts 1-2 years.

1. I will look at the promotions: Which is bancrupt? Which is new? How did the landscape change? Which are the main storylines of the big promotions + current champion?

2. I will stroll through the bios of the most interesting CV characters.

3. I will look if Adam AGAIN did sloppy work on Dragon Del Arco Iris Jr.'s stats. He usually underrates DDAIJ's stats in an alarming, irration, borderline insane manner.

Goddammit! I understand that Adam is a busy man, but for some reason he just NEVER fixes this one bug!

4. And then I finally play a self-generated new promotion (Regional level) in the most interesting enviroment. It completely depends on how TEW 2013 will look like then.

Archived