Your First Game w/TEW2013?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Definitely gonna be Warrior Engine XXV' date=' assuming they've survived. If not, it'll be whichever Japanese hardcore promotion takes their place. And if there isn't one, I'll make my own.[/quote']

We have to believe WEXXV survived :( Japanese deathmatch/hardcore promotions tend to have roach-like ability to survive on little (DOVE, F*CK, WWS/W*ING).

...if WEXXV does collapse I hope it did like FMW and split into offshoots. Many offshoots.

It depends on the changes, but it should be SWF as usual for me.

I'm the same, but with TCW. It's strange really I buy football manager games 90% for the up to date squads and 10% for the new features, whereas this is the opposite. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes but I can't help but feel I'll be sad if TCW has even dropped below national/gone out of business or risen above SWF, basically if it's changed in any way that much. I love playing as the 2nd best but being big enough for tv shows and written contracts.

Demo week: I'll try and play a month as 21CW and USPW but mostly modding

First release game: HIW. Ill play quickly and see how far I can get with the promised better save system and database management which hopefully means I can get a long game going.

First mod game: Assuming the features above are implemented and the mod exists I'll be looking to play the 70s/80s cverse right through to current day. yeah It'll take forever but would be awesome.

see how far I can get with the promised better save system and database management which hopefully means I can get a long game going.

Bit off topic here but i've read this quite a lot but as I was new to all this around 2011 my longest game save has been about 2 years game time. How common a problem is it to have your game file corrupt after many years? Even when running in administrator mode? It must be terrible, it reminds me of losing my favourite pokemon blue save when I was young, was angry for days...

To back the saves up do you just copy the save file into some other folder every so often? How much does that stop the problem?

Like 1PWfan I will probably run an NYCW game. It all depends on their roster though. I was not a fan of their roster in TEW 10, so I did not play many games as them.

That is actually what causes me to decide which company I play as, it depends on if I like the roster or not.

I do plan on running an 8 person game, where I play all eight promotions. That way I can probably play as much of the United States wrestling scene as possible.

Like 1PWfan I will probably run an NYCW game. It all depends on their roster though. I was not a fan of their roster in TEW 10, so I did not play many games as them.

That is actually what causes me to decide which company I play as, it depends on if I like the roster or not.

I do plan on running an 8 person game, where I play all eight promotions. That way I can probably play as much of the United States wrestling scene as possible.

How do you keep up with that? :eek:

I'll start out with my tried and true MAW.

Yep! I'll be doing that as well, and my hope is to do it as much as possible for all the regions. You'll have to keep me up to date on yours

How do you keep up with that? :eek:

I second this!

Would you write coherent storylines for all 8?

It would be interesting to see how it played out in the long run though, would you spend time developing young stars and then poach them from yourself?

I guess inevitably you would get favourite promotions, I've only ever been tempted to go up to 2 player, and play as a big promotion and create a promotion to be it's development promotion.

With the ability to drop in and out of multiplayer I might give this a try. I had never considered playing as more than one player.

If I do this I think I would play one North American fed and UK/EUROPE fed and one Japan/Aussie fed. That way I would be less likely to poach from myself.

Seems like you could end up with a small a medium and a large fed too depending on which ones you choose from which areas.

Glad I peeped into this today as I'm now motivated in a different direction for the demo week. I will learn the new Cverse by doing 3 player game for a month as many times as I can!!!

I do fancy a go with the Cornellverse this year as I've never attempted it properly. Plus, playing as the WWE, while fun, is very time consuming as they have so many shows.

I might start in England and see how it goes. If not I'll probably go for a medium-sized American company.

I second this!

Would you write coherent storylines for all 8?

It would be interesting to see how it played out in the long run though, would you spend time developing young stars and then poach them from yourself?

I guess inevitably you would get favourite promotions, I've only ever been tempted to go up to 2 player, and play as a big promotion and create a promotion to be it's development promotion.

When I play a non-diary game I tend to book willy nilly, most would say that I do that in diary games as well. What I mean by that is, I always have the repetitive match turned off. Therefore, I can run whatever matches I want and so I really do not have to bother with storylines.

Archived