Your First Game w/TEW2013?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If WEXXV is still around I'll take a shot with them. Though they have their flaws, I enjoy booking them in a very FMW/Big Japan kind of way which is something I'm pretty familiar with but I haven't seen too many people who do diaries try the same thing.

Aside from that, I may give MAW a shot or if there are any other promotions that kind of fit the bill of being more traditional southern style wrestling I might give that a go. I generally find most promotions hard to get into in the C-Verse though so I stick to what I know.

I'll be interested to see if a new line of WWF mods surface, or even a real world WWE mod. I get into the reality based stuff when it comes to TEW, and for me, it's more enjoyable that way.

I would defenitely expect to see a current day Real World mod. It might be a month or two down the line, but expect to see one. Also expect to see DOTT return as it is an insanely popular mod. As for certian years, I would have to go with 2001 right before Shane buys WCW (so say... Jan of 2001), 1993-1995 somewhere in there for the start of ECW, and a 2005 mod, right before the death of Eddie Guerrero.

I'm still thinking about, but probably either CZCW or NYCW. I false-started a bunch of games in '10 with both promotions, but ended up settling on NYCW. Depends if NYCW is drastically different with Larry Vessey in charge and who's in the Zone.

So I've changed my mind. I really enjoyed writing my DAVE 2001 diary and have already decided I will diarize (?) my first game.

After going through the various dynasty histories and looking at promotions that have had significant diaries (judged by me to be over 200 replies or more), it seems that both CZCW and NYCW have been tackled by plenty of prestigious and prodigious writers.

Therefore, if it's still around, I will be taking over PITTSBURGH STEEL WRESTLING.

I'm praying for Nemesis to be the owner.

Gonna start with AAA or any new womans promotion that has opened up and PRAY that Adam has added TONS more women and fixed them retiring so early.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but 'tons' of new women won't happen. I only say that because there's no room in the world for them. Unless 5 Star is Cult or higher or at least three Regional or larger promotions have opened, there are enough women in the world already to support smaller promotions. Now, if some promotions opened in the black holes of the world (basically everywhere except the US, Canada, and Japan), that's a different story.

Trust me, I lobbied for a more robust women's scene for TEW2010 but logically, it really didn't make much sense. That's why I did the mod.

My first game is going to be with 5 Star only because I think that's where the most upheaval on the women's side will take place. Unless Catherine Quine manages to wrest full control of AAA from Anne Stardust (who I hate), 5SSW is going to have the most change. Umeko Hotta will have probably retired (remember, her knees are shot in 2010) as well as possibly Ikuko Temko and Kiko Sakakibara. That leads me to believe that Huntress Makiko will have risen to main event level alongside Megumi Nakajima (who I think will compose the second tier blood fued with DEVIL-Yuma as the primary), though it would surprise me if Otsune Tsumura wound up being the second tier feud face with Megumi as the heel (Otsune's younger so....). I could see Suzue Katayama choosing to finish her career in Japan, and that providing a spark to 5 Star as well (opening the path for Gorgon to become AAA's main event level monster heel, assuming she hasn't taken Sally Anne Christiansen's spot in NOTBPW).

NYCW, curious to see if they have held on to the Old School style or evolved under new leadership.

This. I love NYCW, they will probably be my first couple of games in all honesty. I just hope Fumihiro Ota or Chess Maniac don't take over them like they always do in '10, I like both workers but I don't they suit the NYCW style as much as if say Black Hat Bailey took over the reigns, but I digress.

I'm interested to see what changes the cornellverse has over 3 years. I am sure at least a couple feds will have new ownership ( namely NOTBPW and USPW) and possibly a third ( NYCW might have gone to Larry Vessey, but Stomper doesnt actually hit 65 till 2015) and its those changes that will influence who catches my interest first. Right now, I like CGC, NYCW, and USPW as appealing to my playstyle the most, but again, it depends on what the changes are.

Just started a TCW game in TEW 2010 so I might go with that first. We'll see how the game is and what changes are made of course, but what I'm finding in my TCW game is that I enjoy playing with worker combinations and trying to focus on delivering awesome matches. TCW doesn't offer as much versatility in storytelling but I'm liking that challenge.

I had one incredibly long USPW game that I had for a long time but my last comp crash killed that. I've never run an SWF game either. It kinda goes against the way I like to play games like this. I'd rather play the smaller fish who becomes the big fish rather than just be the big fish.

I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone here, but I will be going back 'home' to USPW as my first game. When TEW2010 came out, I started a USPW diary during the demo time, working my way toward the actual game. I may end up doing the same as that was one of my longest running diaries ever.

Of course it depends on how the verse looks but I'm leaning towards MAW I like the idea of running them without the goal of growth but getting the guys signed and then manually releasing them. CGC I can see being fun (I see Phil Vibert's touch leaving them far ahead NOTBPW or they've had a bad time, either way seems fun to me) as well as PSW as I fancy a long running game with them.

I haven't played anything TEW2010 in months, because the computer I had it installed on died. Waiting for Scott to help me transfer my license to another computer so I can start up again.

When TEW2013 launches, I'll probably play TCW again. They seem to be my default promotion in the Cverse, though lately I've been thinking about playing a NOTBPW game....

Also hoping for an update to the excellent D.O.T.T., W.O.T.I., or Golden Age mods, or something similar. Give me some Freebirds, Doc & Dibiase, Dusty, Terry Funk et al :D

I will likely take the C-Verse out for a spin with a no pop, lots of money created fed. It allows me to use some of the lower down people in the database while seeing how the new features work and how the C-Verse progresses without me getting in the way too much.

Although I am planning to jump into the editor pretty quickly and modding the default data into something which looks similar to my TEW 2010 game, which has reached September 2007 from the CV '97 database.

Already in the planning stages of how I want things to be for the start of the game on '13. I am playing as my own promotion in the game with Takayuki Avatar as the owner, although Takayuki wrestles as a jobber and nothing more despite his high stats. I am planning to kill of Takayuki, have my new avatar be a nephew who inherited a part share of the company. The rest of the family agreed they did not want the promotion (too much effort and would have to relocate to American if they wanted to be hands on) and sold their shares to a media group. However the nephew moves to America and is offered the booker position by the company as they want someone passionate about the business and with a link to the company.

There will be big changes in the company, in the aftermath of Takayuki's death and the proposed takeover by the media group they were taken off TV and all upcoming shows were cancelled (no shows from September '07 until January '08 when the media group puts them back on air). During this time off the wrestlers are allowed to perform shows for other companies, The DeColts return for a stint in CGC (which they outgrew previously, which is why I have them (Steve, Alex & Jack...Ricky is still with them)), Dan & Duane Stone do a tour of Japan, etc.

Some of the wrestlers won't return when they are called back, I am planning to give Dave & USPW a few good workers as both are just floundering at regional doing nothing special and creating a more competitive game world is something I am after. And the media group will force the promotion to become more storyline/angle based as opposed to in-ring work which it previously was based around...I am very tempted to give myself Sam Stong and/or Rip Chord to mimick TNA getting Hogan and Flair.

There will be a lot going on in the 4 'off months' I have between my '10 game ending and the '13 one starting, but I am hopeful I can breathe new life into the game world around me while keeping my promotion fun and full of new challenges.

Archived