TEW13 Multiplayer Central

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, some questions about the Multiplayer.

- Lets say you have 2 playing the game, for simplicity lets call them player A and player B

- Both players simulate one day

- On that one day various decisions were made in both peoples games, such as bids and events.

- In player A a certain worker developed X skills during that day after working an event, while in player B's game that same worker developed slightly differently. Who's database is used? The admin's database?

This is major because over a long period every worker will develop differently for each player.

Anyway, i would like to run a couple of test runs with someone once this is released, it will make more sense that way. But usually how it is done is that:

#1 Players agree to certain days or even hours when they will simulate

#2 Some common rules are determined beforehand, such as when contract offers can be made or how far you can simulate ahead

#3 Replacements are added in the case someone cannot play so that the game never stalls

Also i do agree with what was mentioned in regards to contracts. This will work best with promotions which are National level so that all deals are written. That will leave for less poaching between simulations and such.

hile in player B's game that same worker developed slightly differently. Who's database is used? The admin's database?

There is just one database which is packaged up and sent to the next player. They then load the game from that database, save back into it, and pass it on. The files remain consistent at all times.

Capelli... start a 2 player game on your own to check it out for yourself. Both players are playing the same save game, then passing the save game to each other. For multiplayer, just imagine that after you take Player A's turn that you have to send the files over to someone else (Dropbox is perfect for this) then they take Player B's turn... you've got completely the wrong idea about how it works, so give it a look in TEW10 now because it's soooo much simpler than you think it is. And will be simpler still in TEW13 with the new language the game is in making things even easier. :)

But seriously... it's easier for you to just try it than to explain it, so do that.

Capelli... start a 2 player game on your own to check it out for yourself. Both players are playing the same save game, then passing the save game to each other. For multiplayer, just imagine that after you take Player A's turn that you have to send the files over to someone else (Dropbox is perfect for this) then they take Player B's turn... you've got completely the wrong idea about how it works, so give it a look in TEW10 now because it's soooo much simpler than you think it is. And will be simpler still in TEW13 with the new language the game is in making things even easier. :)

But seriously... it's easier for you to just try it than to explain it, so do that.

Derek and I have done a number of two player games and its always been pretty easy. The first few days are the hardest because if your not on the same time zone passing back and forth can be annoying, but once you finish all those hires and changes you make in the first week things usually go pretty quick. I've trusted all the people I've played multiplayer with so its always been easy to just say skip me until x happens (A show comes up, its first of the month, I have a notification, ect..) and the time just flies by.

that said every time I've played more then two players some one always drops out leaving the two players not being able to continue. With the add and remove player feature that shouldn't be as big a problem but I think I'd still prefer just a two player game.

If Jaded takes MAW I'll happily take CZCW and all we need now is what ever company you pick Showtime and two more players.

Works for me! If no one wants the Mexican feds we could always go for a threeway with MAW, CZCW and NYCW.

Do either of you have Dropbox? Sounds like that's the easiest way to sort stuff out. If you do, does someone want to refer me?

I do have drop box I've used it many times for multiplayer it is by far the easiest way to do it. Although the first few days of game play will still be hard as we hire and rearrange our rosters.

Teh Showtime: NYCW

Jaded: MAW

Apupunchau: CZCW

That leaves us OLLIE and 4C and since retail isn't for a few days yet we can probably hold out for two more people if we wanted too.

Sayeed Ali is awesome he's too big for the CZCW roster but in other feds I team him with Marc Speed as The Back Alley Brawlers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34607" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do have drop box I've used it many times for multiplayer it is by far the easiest way to do it. Although the first few days of game play will still be hard as we hire and rearrange our rosters.<p> </p><p> Teh Showtime: NYCW</p><p> Jaded: MAW</p><p> Apupunchau: CZCW</p><p> </p><p> That leaves us OLLIE and 4C and since retail isn't for a few days yet we can probably hold out for two more people if we wanted too.</p><p> </p><p> Sayeed Ali is awesome he's too big for the CZCW roster but in other feds I team him with Marc Speed as The Back Alley Brawlers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome! Any thoughts on who to use as avatars? Canon bookers/roster members/normal user avatars? I'm easy with anything but would probably marginally prefer canon bookers...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34607" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do have drop box I've used it many times for multiplayer it is by far the easiest way to do it. Although the first few days of game play will still be hard as we hire and rearrange our rosters.<p> </p><p> Teh Showtime: NYCW</p><p> Jaded: MAW</p><p> Apupunchau: CZCW</p><p> </p><p> That leaves us OLLIE and 4C and since retail isn't for a few days yet we can probably hold out for two more people if we wanted too.</p><p> </p><p> Sayeed Ali is awesome he's too big for the CZCW roster but in other feds I team him with Marc Speed as The Back Alley Brawlers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would be down for 4C.</p>

I do have drop box I've used it many times for multiplayer it is by far the easiest way to do it. Although the first few days of game play will still be hard as we hire and rearrange our rosters.

Teh Showtime: NYCW

Jaded: MAW

Apupunchau: CZCW

That leaves us OLLIE and 4C and since retail isn't for a few days yet we can probably hold out for two more people if we wanted too.

Sayeed Ali is awesome he's too big for the CZCW roster but in other feds I team him with Marc Speed as The Back Alley Brawlers.

If you guys are looking for a fifth i'd love to get on board as OLLIE.

Since the mail system only lets you send to two people at a time iguess we'll have to hammer out things here. I've quoted Jaded's last mail to me for reference.

I'm up for either a non-diary game or a diary game but if it's a diary I'm not going to have hours to spend on write-ups or anything - reasonably quick results and some backstage segments would be no problem.

If you guys are going Flash and Foxy I'm likely to go with Mean Jean Cattley.

Thoughts on stuff like fog of war? I normally play with numbers instead of grades, dirt sheet viewable, and everything else (small roster penalties and so on) turned on. I think we can set preferences ourselves but do we all want to go for the same ones?

Anything else I'm missing out? Haven't played multiplayer before, but looking forward to this!

Teh Showtime: NYCW - Black Hat Bailey

Jaded: MAW - Mean Jean Cattley

Apupunchau: CZCW - Fox Mask

chad3590: 4C - Davis Wayne Newton

Jingo: OLLIE - Phoenix I

Ok with the new players here's what we got. User characters should be picked from one person on your starting roster. I would suggest not the default owner of the company though as we are only playing as bookers not company owners.

I like fog of war which makes grades/number moot as when a person scouted up to 10/10 they will automatically show numbers. And yes dirt sheet on I love to view it. But like you I usually leave everything else checked. I believe preferences are global so everyone gets the same preferences.

Its easier if one person sets up the game so if everyone wants to give me their user characters and how you want your points distributed I can do that. Then make a dropbox folder and if you each give me an email address invite you to share the folder with me. All of this information can just be PM'd to me.

I like fog of war which makes grades/number moot as when a person scouted up to 10/10 they will automatically show numbers.

Just a note - match and show scores can be shown as either grades or numbers depending on whether you have the appropriate box ticked regardless of whether fog of war is on or not.

Everything looks great, will PM you some stuff later on. Considering changing from MJC in case anyone wants to bring him in.

Archived