LotharioVerse Mod - [HYPE NOW, RELEASE SOON]

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#11

Picked by Midnightnick

The Ghost Rider

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8817/theghostrider.jpg

The Ghost Rider is a mysterious masked wrestler who made a huge impact in the WWWE when he debuted in the first half of 2011. He wears a long trench coat and wide-brimmed hat to the ring, but it is The Ghost Rider's creepy skull mask and enormous size that really sets him apart.

Brought in by The Insiders in early 2011, The Ghost Rider destroyed all in his path, until they told him to attack Mya DeLois. The Rider refused to hurt a woman and instead turned on The Insiders. Now managed by DeLois, The Rider is feuding with Chaperone in what looks set to be one of the better big man feuds of recent history.

The man behind the mask is, for the moment at least, a mystery. It is rumoured that Rider is actually a twenty year veteran, but no one has yet twigged who he may be.

OK, four more chances to ask for a US Worker Spotlight, then I'll write up the bios for Mexico & Japan and post a few spotlights of my own, then I should be ready for release.

I was hoping to get it released before the TEW 2013 Public Beta, but I don't know if that's going to be possible before a week on Sunday. Hopefully some folks will still want it in 2010 form, but I will be getting the demo and begin working on converting it over so it shouldn't be too long before it gets released in that format too ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#12

Picked at Random by MJStark

Joey Perez

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7125/joeyperez.jpg

The flamboyant Puerto Rican Joey Perez is one of the up and coming stars of the Legacy Wrestling Alliance, and his technically proficiency is most likely going to see him head to the big leagues some day soon. A charismatic youngster with a good look, Perez joined the LWA on his debut in 2004 after impressing management in a try-out match.

After a long burn in the undercard Perez has finally received some recognition in the last couple of years, first winning the Tag Team Titles with young rookie Daniel Azaria, then in late 2011 he won the LWA Puerto Rican Regional Title, which he is now feuding over with young turncoat Alex Vidal.

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#12

Joey Perez

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7125/joeyperez.jpg

The flamboyant Puerto Rican Joey Perez is one of the up and coming stars of the Legacy Wrestling Alliance, and his technically proficiency is most likely going to see him head to the big leagues some day soon. A charismatic youngster with a good look, Perez joined the LWA on his debut in 2004 after impressing management in a try-out match.

After a long burn in the undercard Perez has finally received some recognition in the last couple of years, first winning the Tag Team Titles with young rookie Daniel Azaria, then in late 2011 he won the LWA Puerto Rican Regional Title, which he is now feuding over with young turncoat Alex Vidal.

This right here is one of the bigger changes in the Lothario Indy Scene.

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#13

Nick Hart

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3474/nickhart.jpg

Nick Hart is the younger brother of Scott Hart, and together those two have been a championship winning team in both their homeland and in America. The two Brits have grown up wrestling each other from London all the way across the pond, and therefore have quite inseparable wrestling styles; the only difference being Nick is slightly lighter and has a slight aerial leaning to his work, which does make his technical work slightly faster paced than his brothers.

When Brian Jack decided the World Tag Team Titles needed to become more than just a prop in the main event storyline in 2005 he brought in several teams, including The British Hart Foundation. The pair were booked well over the next five years and held the WWWE World Tag Team titles on two occasions, the first as heels, ending the legendary sixteen month reign of The Hawaiian Hardmen, Peter Iaukea & Kahoku Meka. They were joined in 2006 by their brother-in-law James Gimore-Hart who won the WWWE Intercontinental Title from now former two time World Champion Timothy Hawk on the same night.

Although most naturally had Scott pegged as the breakout star of the British Hart Foundation, when first brother-in-law James Gilmore-Hart jumped to EVOLVE in 2009, then Scott moved to Japan for a written contract with DIASPORA in 2010, Nick was left as the only active Hart in the WWWE. Many feared he would suffer for his family's desertion, but Nick has stayed pretty strong for the past six months as part of the loose coalition of WWWE stars that are feuding with The Insiders and is currently feuding with Insider Theo Barkley over the WWWE Intercontinental Title.

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#14

Jonah Huntley

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2813/jonahhuntley.jpg

Jonah Huntley is probably the most 'well travelled' of the SWA graduates, having worked in Les Gotch's territory for the three years following his debut in 2004. Huntley spent much of that time teaming with his kayfabe 'brother' Bryce (aka Bryce Christensen). In 2007 both men were offered WWWE contacts, but while Bryce made his debut on the main roster alongside Chris Candell as The California Blondes, Jonah was sent to development for a year before working one dark match and being released by the company.

When EVOLVE opened in 2009 Huntley was part of the starting X-Divison roster and actually held the X-Division title for seven days before dropping it to the Black Hart Supremacy's Jarid Hart. However Jonah went otherwise overlooked in EVOLVE and left in late 2011. Having apparently signed a contract over the festive period Huntley begins 2012 set to make his AM-STEEL debut.

Many pundits however are asking 'What is Skym thinking?!?'

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#15

Jess Hart

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8492/jessgilmourhart.jpg

Jess Gilmour-Hart is the wife of James Gilmour-Hart, and the blood sister of Scott and Nick, the British Hart Foundation. Being one of such an extensive wrestling family holds privileges but also expectations, and as the first female from the family to try her hand at the business, the expectations were lofty. Thanks to training extensively with her two brothers and father, she overcame those obstacles and now, a decade into her career, she’s considered one of the premier female talents in the business, and has always been in high demand for tours in Japan.

However she chose to sign an exclusive contract with debuting promotion EVOLVE in 2009 to become the face of the Womens Division and was the first EVOLVE Women's Champion. Joined in the promotion by her husband James, the pair regularly accompany each other to the ring, a fact that has meant the pair lose very few matches cleanly. She was also the founding member of The Black Hart Supremecy, kayfabe being the one who brought the extended family of herself, husband James and cousins Jarid and Kyle together to run rampant in EVOLVE Pro Wrestling.

So, when shall we get to see this fine work MJ? ;)

Honestly? Not 100% sure. I have a few worker bios left to sort, 5 titles to make, alter egos to alter then I think I'll be ready to release the v0.95 for everyone to go through and point out all my c0ck-ups ;) In theory I could have everything ready to go by next weekend, just in time for no-one to notice cos the 2013 public beta will come out :p

Honestly? Not 100% sure. I have a few worker bios left to sort, 5 titles to make, alter egos to alter then I think I'll be ready to release the v0.95 for everyone to go through and point out all my c0ck-ups ;) In theory I could have everything ready to go by next weekend, just in time for no-one to notice cos the 2013 public beta will come out :p

Dastardly plan Mister Stark. Very dastardly.

So, to while away the time till the weekend release (I got a lot done yesterday) I'll open up the spotlight requests again. You're welcome to choose any worker in the world except Chaperone, Drake Richards, Terry Thunder & Seb Curtis but please bare in mind that a lot of Mexico & Japan remain unchanged. If you want feel free to nominate a promotion in that region and I'll pick someone off their roster who has lead a different life thats cool too :)

If you've already had a pick, now you get a second chance ;)

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#16

Picked by Rare Kuma

Silva Dolla

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3519/silvadolla.jpg

Silva Dolla is the ring name of Harlem-born professional wrestler Jayson James. Playing up his Harlem background, James became Silva Dolla - the failed rapper turned sports entertainer. Dolla initially floated around the indy scene until Brian Jack's new look WWWE allowed his entertaining brawling more freedom. James was an immediate hit with the fans and he rapidly rose up the card - some claim too quickly, and after a lacklustre run as WWWE Intercontinental champion Dolla slid back down the card.

Increasingly frustrated by the lack of faith shown in him by Brian Jack and Derrick Moore, in 2010 Dolla turned his back on the promotion that put him in the limelight in favour of a lucrative contract in EVOLVE Pro Wrestling.

Really interesting. What I love about this mod is how our favorite ThunderVerse US workers have all changed, some majorly (Joey Perez, the Hart Family) and others more subtly. :D Poor Dolla, he's on the cusp of an AWF Championship run in the ThunderVerse, but in the LotharioVerse, he may end up getting lost in the shuffle. :(

Looks like this is shaping up nicely...Evolve in particular seem to be a very exciting promotion.

As for a spotlight I will go for Jesse Van Holt (who's bio will hopefully mention Martin so its really a cheeky double :p).

US WORKER SPOTLIGHT#17

Picked by 1234

Jessie Van Holt

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1128/jessevanholt.jpg

Jesse Van Holt is the eldest of the two wrestling brothers. Together with his brother Martin, Jesse is one-half of the most exciting tag team in America, The Van Holt Brothers. Technically sound with excellent mat skills, Jesse Van Holt was wrestling in a backyard fed at just 13 years old.

The Van Holt Brothers are the most decorated tag team in PWI history, having won the tag titles 5 times. Their 2009-spanning feud with veteran tag team The Flying Bullets over the Pro Wrestling Integrity! Tag Team Titles was the internet wrestling community's #1 talking point of the year.

With both men gaining popularity it can't be long before the pair are split up, but it certainly will be the end of an era when they are.

Archived