The Road To Glory Challenge

Started a RtG game in Canada, using the Canadian WWA logo. Picture below is the start off stats. My guy is screwed. :p

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o765/Wrestlesaurus_X/RtGSkillsYearOne.png

WWA's product (Hint: Import product is a wonderful feature)

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o765/Wrestlesaurus_X/RtGProduct.png

WWA's year one roster. I couldn't sign Deadly Deadshot due to owner goals. The owner is Rob L. Miskovsky. He's costing me $685 a show but the rest of the roster is pretty cheap.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o765/Wrestlesaurus_X/RtGRosterYearOne.png

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STarted my first run at this. I have my company based in the Tri-state area, this one is a mainstream sports entertainment fed with just enough modern to make popularity=performance.

It does go over well with the sponsors and the prediction for sponsor income is $6050 each month, which gave me a bit of breathing room on hiring.

{note: I'm away from my game computer, so I can't post my user character's initial stats. I'll have to check those and add them later]

I've played 2 months so far.

Hiring went better than expected considering that I only looked at unemployed workers.

For the main event

Ernest Youngman

Storm Spillance

Arthur Dexter Bradley

Marvel Malloy

i also picked up

Acid II, El Mitico, Nigel Svennson and Amazing Firefly

The others are typical unknowns who might become useful in 5-6 years. None has more than 4 years experience as a wrestler.

I did get somewhat lucky with my "owner". Jon Jetson took over, and doesn't cost too much. However, he did want to become a wrestler. I nixed that and have him announcing my events.

His goals were a bit annoying. The first one was that I absolutely can't go into debt for the first 2 years. I held my first 2 events on the last day of the month, just so I could immediately get my sponsor income and avoid debt. Made $1200 in Jan (E+ rated show) and $500 in Feb (E- rated show).

Overall, its a struggle. My most over wrestlers are at F+ level and gains have been minimal so far. I do have a few wrestlers who have managed to get their momentum above E+, but only time will show if things can continue.

And after this I plan to try a UK RTG and probably a women's fed RTG in the US. Both have so many interesting possibilties. But first I have to see if I can last longer than 3 years running any fed as that is my record from playing TEW 2010

Decided to make an RtG my first game in 2013 retail.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/pistoljocke/NathanCharismaRtG_zpsc84e2b11.jpg

My first job is with Leo Davis' promotion Chicago Live Action Wrestling (CLAW). The promotion has a sponsorship friendly product which has workers rated more or less equally on performance and popularity.

Roster

Wrestlers: Leo Davis, Nathan Charisma, Ernest Youngman, Bradley Blaze, Simon Ice, Rag Doll (Ben Williams under a mask), Joffy Laine, Rex Reeves, Storm Spillane, Marvel Malloy, Acid II and The Pilgrim.

Referee: Kurt Lovenkrantz

Road Agent: Charles Davison (The Boston Bomber)

Authority Figure (after Davison completely Bombed in that role in our first show): Dharma Gregg

Will probably start this off later on tonight... what's the thoughts on taking the first month off (and not signing anyone to avoid paying downsides?) I know it was a tactic several people, including myself, used last time - ok, or cheap?

Is up to you on that one really, I think we all used to take loads of months off in order to make some money before we ran shows. It's still possible I might do that even once I've got my roster up and running simply because it'll cost less (though still a fair bit) to pay downsides in the event of me needing some cash.

Well, it is now April (4 months in) and I am almost $10K in debt. I have run 3 shows, all at a loss. I just got the email warning me that I face Bankruptcy soon.

I was doing fine for as long as I had 11 workers (i.e. one under the minimum needed to avoid looking amateurish). As soon as I signed that 12th worker, I was hit with a 3k 'Misc.' expenditure for every event I ran and quickly started making big losses.

I was doing fine for as long as I had 11 workers (i.e. one under the minimum needed to avoid looking amateurish). As soon as I signed that 12th worker, I was hit with a 3k 'Misc.' expenditure for every event I ran and quickly started making big losses.

Sounds like you have a drug testing policy in place. Medical -> Drug Testing should show you if you have. :)

I've logged 2 showw of E+ so far with 14 people on my roster and I'm making some decent money. Looks like my game could go far, but my owner The Gambler is currently refusing to job to anyone, which is making things complicated. Just as well I was planning to use him as my champion to begin with otherwise I'd be sad... just gotta build up Deadly Deadshot to take the gold from him! :D

Well, it is now April (4 months in) and I am almost $10K in debt. I have run 3 shows, all at a loss. I just got the email warning me that I face Bankruptcy soon.

The trick to not going bankrupt is to spend less money. :p I know that sounds so easy to say, but when you start with so little you really need to be looking at the cheapest talents available and budgetting your wage bill vs your sponsor money. I find that filtering the Worker pool for "Is Exactly An Unknown in the USA" gives me a good list of potential hires, picking up a group from there should set you up nicely for the future. :)

Sounds like you have a drug testing policy in place. Medical -> Drug Testing should show you if you have. :)

Got it in one. I just figured it was some kind of arbitrary administrative penalty, didn't even consider drug testing. Would be nice if miscellaneous incomes and expenditures could be expanded and broken down into their component parts. Fortunately, one month without an event put me back in the black.

I'm going to get one of these started tonight. If someone does a diary for one of these how do they do it?

Is it usually done with 3-month or 6-month recaps instead of the fully fleshed out diaries?

Up to you - have seen them done really well as fully fleshed out ones, but recaps could work as well. :)

I'm going to get one of these started tonight. If someone does a diary for one of these how do they do it?

Is it usually done with 3-month or 6-month recaps instead of the fully fleshed out diaries?

If you go look in dynasties, one just started up for WWA. I will have mine starting up next week as well. I would say to run it just like you would any other dynasty. That is not to say recaps wouldn't work, but I think most people would prefer show by show.

At the start any RTG promotion is going ot really stuggle to bring in money. You basically have to budget your worker costs to be about $2,000 less than your sponsor money (to account for fixed costs and the show fees). If you do that, you can make money every month until you build up to "small" where you will finally have enough money to expand the roster.

It's frustratingly slow at first.

Most of the ones I saw for TEW2010 were fully fleshed dynasties. The quality varied and mroe than a few died when financial situations caught a promotion suddenly. Heck, I had one promotion that was profitable each month when the sponsor money came in, but which ran a negative balance between the show date and the end of hte month get shut down in February for being "bankrupt." It was a very short diary. :p

The trick to not going bankrupt is to spend less money. :p I know that sounds so easy to say, but when you start with so little you really need to be looking at the cheapest talents available and budgetting your wage bill vs your sponsor money. I find that filtering the Worker pool for "Is Exactly An Unknown in the USA" gives me a good list of potential hires, picking up a group from there should set you up nicely for the future. :)

Just look over the list of workers that have been mentioned here. I think more than 20 workers have been named at some point. It's clear there are plenty of workers available to someone willing to take a slightly less capable/known worker now in order to be profitable for the first 2 years of being open.

Just finished my first year and not much progress has been made in terms of popularity, either for my character or for my promotion. Blame that on a few operator errors (drug testing on, moving events around regions). 2014 begins in a better place. Just rolled a 26 on my random number generator for my end of year bonus so get +5 basics, while my character has made steady progress thanks to the 11 matches and 11 angles he's been in this year.

Character:

http://i50.tinypic.com/34nqp8p.jpg

Russell T. Glory, English, Lightweight, Regular Wrestler

(with thanks to i_effin_rule for the render)

Employed by Northern Championship Wrestling ('Old School Wrasslin' product, based in Northern England) as a midcard wrestler

Current stats

In-ring:

Brawling 2 (+2) -- Hardcore 2 (+2) -- Puroresu 2 (+2) -- Chain Wrestling 2 (+2) -- Mat Wrestling 2 (+2) -- Submissions 2 (+2) -- Aerial 57 (+2) -- Flashiness 27 (+2)

Performance:

Basics 62 (+7) -- Psychology 57 (+2) -- Consistency 57 (+2) -- Selling 57 (+2) -- Safety 57 (+2)

Physical:

Athleticism 54 (+4) -- Toughness 27 (+2) -- Stamina 54 (+4) -- Power 39 (+4) -- Resilience 100 (=)

Entertainment:

Microphone 66 (+6) -- Charisma 58 (+8) -- Acting 29 (+4) -- Star Quality 77 (+2) -- Sex Appeal 17 (+2) -- Menace 10 (=)

Other:

Announcing 0 (=) -- Refereeing 0 (=) -- Respect 4 (+4) -- Reputation 55 (+5)

Rest of roster:

Elimination Agents (Genocide Agent and Suicide Agent, NCW Tag Team Champions), Chuck Frisby, Nigel Svensson (NCW Champion), Vic Walker, Simon Ice, Michael Gregory, Northern Lights (Alton Vicious and Riddick Jordon, former NCW Tag Team Champions), Kevin Welsh, Maxwell Bleak, Humphrey Woolsey (referee), Mike Peterson (road agent), Dunton Hall (owner, on-screen authority)

Well, here goes nothing - user character is El Rey Futuro, booking for Mid South Lucha, using the preset Goofy Lucha Fun product but with T & A bumped to high.

User talents - negotiation 10, creativity 6, leadership 3, motivation 3, diplomacy 3.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/Jaded2013/elrey5_zps47f14986.png

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/Jaded2013/elrey2_zps241d0953.png

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/Jaded2013/elrey4_zpsdf176a61.png

Liking those user goals... this is about to be the cheapest roster ever seen, I think. :)

Starting roster comes in at a little over $5000 a month with $6600 a month estimated sponsorship money. :)

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/Jaded2013/elrey6_zps53f41e82.png

I'll change some names when I can think of some - Paratroopers, Sleep, Blaze, Zak and Honeyman are all masked up. :)

Edit: Backstage rating is 74, thanks to my 'hire nice guys whatever their skills' approach.

List of gimmicks - giving EVERYONE creative freedom and seeing what works.

Fire Fly Fan Favourite

Blaze Happy-Go-Lucky

Reid Enforcer

Dean Beach Babe

El Rey Futuro (me) Ninja

Ernest Youngman Arrogant Heel

Island Boy Apollo Power And Paint

Joanna Silver Girl Next Door

Mercutio Sleep Alien Invader

Nigel Svensson Blue Collar

Paratroopers Fan Favourites

Remmy Honeyman Gambler

Tex Tagan Cowboy

Zak Attack Metalhead

I'll update at the end of the game year to let people know how I've got on!

• Martin Lawler

•  
    Brawling 30
    Hardcore 1
    Puroruse 1
    Chain Wrestling 30
    Mat Wrestling 30
    Submission 30
    Aerial 1
    Flashiness 1
    Basics 50
    Psychology 50
    Consistency 50
    Selling 50
    Safety 50
    Athleticism 41
    Toughness 30
    Stamina 60
    Power 30
    Resilience 100
    Microphone 30
    Charisma 30
    Acting 30
    Star Quality 75
    Sex Appeal 30
    Menace 20
    Announcing 0
    Refereeing 0
    Respect 0
    Reputation 50

Babyface 65
    Heel 35

Cool 75
    Legit 75
    Brute 75
    Wholesome 75

• Prairie Dog Wrestling

The Prairies, CANADA

Cal Sanders, Owner

Jaded, I see you have some really long contracts, what are your thoughts as to why you would go longer than the standard 9-12 months? Preventing them from asking for raises?

Contracts generally default to longer lengths now, 3 years is pretty common. I signed most of my roster to 3 year deals, though I signed shorter ones for people I'm not sure I'm gonna want to keep long term because I'm trying not to have to fire people... letting their contract expire is much nicer. :)

Contracts generally default to longer lengths now, 3 years is pretty common. I signed most of my roster to 3 year deals, though I signed shorter ones for people I'm not sure I'm gonna want to keep long term because I'm trying not to have to fire people... letting their contract expire is much nicer. :)

That is exactly why I keep contracts shorter, so that I don't risk negative relationships from releasing people. I guess there is no harm on long contracts for the guys you plan on turning into stars.

That is exactly why I keep contracts shorter, so that I don't risk negative relationships from releasing people. I guess there is no harm on long contracts for the guys you plan on turning into stars.

I've already got a negative relationship with Brimstone due to me hiring him then firing him as I realised my roster would be too big with him on it.

British Professional Wrestling - Year One Update

Size - Local (6 importance in South UK, 12 momentum)

Money - $13,901

British Champion - Johnny Highspot

Top Star - Johnny Highspot (27 overness)

Top Rated Match - Johnny Highspot bt Jonni Lowlife - 45

Top Rated User Match - Jonni Lowlife bt Collin Cornell - 40

I'm doing ok, I made a good profit in the first year and I am well on my way to small by year three.

I just did the mystery box using this: http://www.random.org/integers/ and got:

26. “A Bumpy Ride” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Basics skill

Nice! that puts me up to 67. Just in time for my big anniversary show main event with Johnny Highspot :)

OK here we go

Lobo Solitario

American

Japanese Junior

Brawling 5

Puroresu 20

Hardcore 5

Mat Work 15

Chain 15

Submissions 20

Aerial 25

Flashiness 35