The Road To Glory Challenge

So I am going to do this too. It's a challenge but if I can make this work TEW will no longer be an inigma to me.

My user character, Diamond.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/bubbles21112/Diamond%20RTG/Diamondstart_zps0841bd98.jpg

my promotions (Awesome Pro Wrestling) initial roster.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/bubbles21112/Diamond%20RTG/AwesomeRosterfirstshow_zpsb39ed2bd.jpg

I used the Old School Rasslin product preset.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started my first proper RtG, as Quebec Pro Wrestling (edited so that it complied with the rules, but same product). My user character is Deverick Lablanc (generated name :D):

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/HeavyMetalJesus/Leblanc_zps3ca7e809.png

(I have no idea why my heel stat is 81. I'm sure I set it to 80!)

This should be fun. So far, I've assembled my initial roster, with Alyssian Scottsfield as the CPU-assigned owner (great road agent, but a bit pricier than I'd have chosen :p):

Biff the Bruiser

Nomad

Mountie Mann

Trauma

Kirk Drury

Lion Heart

Deverick Leblanc (UC)

Reggie Bishop

Women's Division:

Deborah Young

Ava Anderson

Emma May

Susan Lee

Edit: Just remembered I forgot a referee, so rectified that (to a certain extent ¬_¬) with Gregory Chapman.

Also, owner goals are:

Can't be in debt.

Must've gained popularity.

No Psychopaths, Cruiserweights or Japanese Juniors.

All very sensible goals, really.

It might have increased on its own. ;)

Unlike the individual categories of gimmick type Face and Heel can increase on there own as Trask has pointed out. They increase as you perform that role so the more you perform as a heel the better you get at it an the same for Face. I kinda which this worked for gimmick categories especially sinces its hard to spread 300pts out among them adn they don't rise.

Jaded, I see you have some really long contracts, what are your thoughts as to why you would go longer than the standard 9-12 months? Preventing them from asking for raises?

They defaulted to 3 years so I left it there. Most have positive personalities so unless I'm REALLY strapped for cash there's virtually no chance of me cutting them, though. :)

USER PREFERENCES

Everything should be turned on, making the game that little bit harder. If you do play with anything other than this then you will be playing the "Lite" version of the challenge. :)

Does this include 'grades instead of numbers'?

So, my user character's career was ended by the dreaded semi-severed spine, but I'm looking for a reason to go on now and not just treat this like a normal game.

I'm changing the rules a bit, giving myself two mystery rolls a year. I was fortunate to get the inheritance roll (number 53, I believe).

Before anyone asks, after a botched surgery that could have saved my career, my upper body is at 4%, so it would take two healing rolls to let me make a realistic comeback to a slow paced entertainment company.

I was wondering if there is a decent goal for a non-wrestler who is also a tremendous color commentator.

So, my user character's career was ended by the dreaded semi-severed spine, but I'm looking for a reason to go on now and not just treat this like a normal game.

I'm changing the rules a bit, giving myself two mystery rolls a year. I was fortunate to get the inheritance roll (number 53, I believe).

Before anyone asks, after a botched surgery that could have saved my career, my upper body is at 4%, so it would take two healing rolls to let me make a realistic comeback to a slow paced entertainment company.

I was wondering if there is a decent goal for a non-wrestler who is also a tremendous color commentator.

Could you edit another character to fit RTG specifications and add him in as player 2, then leave the game as player 1?

Well playing by the RTG rules getting from booker of a local fed to one of the top feds is still a pretty good accomplishment, and colour commentating for a main event in such a fed that got top scores would not be particularly easy. I think you could aim for that.

Does this include 'grades instead of numbers'?

EVerything ticked, you aren't supposed to know super specific information on anything unless it's scouted.... this challenge is tougher this year! :)

Could you edit another character to fit RTG specifications and add him in as player 2, then leave the game as player 1?

I like this solution, I'd suggest you went by the "unemployed rule" as if you had driven the company to bankruptcy, so that you can only join a company of equal size or lower than the one you were at or just rejoin the one you'd be leaving anyways. New companies open a lot more often in TEW13 so I don't think you'd be unemployed for long...

Well playing by the RTG rules getting from booker of a local fed to one of the top feds is still a pretty good accomplishment, and colour commentating for a main event in such a fed that got top scores would not be particularly easy. I think you could aim for that.

... or you could basically do this, but make is so that you have to commentate on an A* match in a National or higher level company. Still isn't going to be easy and I'd remove the dice rolls for any in-ring skill at the End of Year in order to make sure the challenge fits your character.

I'll edit the rules of the challenge later to take into account career ending injuries... sick bumps are risky, gotta be careful of those in future! :p

Your character is an entertainer right? Why not aim to be the best manager or personality? Not only help you develop and train other talent, but also "technically" be apart of an National A* match (managing counts :p)

So I finished my first year. My first few shows were done to see every worker versus every other worker in singles combat. In terms of story this is away to set the initial rankings of the company. I let the AI pick all the winners, every match was open, scripted, decisive. After that was done i began doing the same thing for every worker to tag with every other worker (Basically chemistry testing) again letting the AI pick the winners. I'll finish that in 2014 and everyone will get a ranking before starting up full competition for the AWE Inspired title

Year 1

AWE

Money 13,200 (+12,200)

Prestige 2 (+2)

Momentum 78 (+78)

Tri State 9 (+9)

Lobo Solitario

Year 1 roll: Nose to the grind (+5 to Aerial)

Brawling 7 (+2)

Puroresu 22 (+2)

Hardcore 7 (+2)

Mat Work 17 (+2)

Chain 17 (+2)

Submissions 22 (+2)

Aerial 32 (+7)

Flashiness 37 (+2)

Microphone 36 (+6)

Charisma 79 (+4)

Acting 34 (+4)

Announcing 0 (+0)

Athleticism 78 (+3)

Toughness 47 (+2)

Stamina 54 (+4)

Power 19 (+4)

Basics 42 (+2)

Psychology 45 (+5)

Safety 32 (+2)

Consistency 32 (+2)

Selling 32 (+2)

Respect 11 (+11)

Reputation 55 (+5)

Sex Appeal 42 (+2)

Star Quality 77 (+2)

Menace 5 (+0)

Resilience 100 (+0)

Refereeing 0 (+0)

Worker Overness in Tri State

Cip Conduit 1 (+1)

Jazz Funk 5 (+5)

JOJI 9 (+9)

Josh Jones 11 (+11)

Lobo Solitario 4 (+4)

Mercutio Sleep 8 (+8)

Outlaw Wes Revell 3 (-1)

Paradigm 4 (-1)

Paradox 8 (+3)

Paranoia 4 (-1)

Phobia 0 (+0)

Quentin Queen 6 (+2)

Sterling Whitlock 10 (+10)

Taylor Kidd 6 (+6)

The Pilgrim 0 (+0)

Zak Attack 1 (+1)

Year 2 saw a bit of a stall I can’t get more than 11 pop because I lose the regional battles to three other companies. For some reason my stats all seem to have stopped growing. And I was having an issue building up people’s overness at first. But the end of year roll means I’m gonna splurge and run two shows a month next year and see if I can’t build up some steam for population for my promotion.

Ace McQueen (Quentin Queen) signed for ELITE in Janaury and has been with them ever since as a midcarder

Sterling Whitlock did a tour with Pro Wrestling SAISHO for February through May

Outlaw Wes Revell signed for XWA in September working for them as an Opener

Josh Jones let it slip on TV that he and Cip Conduit don’t get along well

Paradox took potshots at Ace McQueen on a radio show and the two now dislike each other

Ace McQueen and JOJI are friends after McQueen spoke well of the Japanese star on the radio

Charles Hapstander gave and interview say he and Ace Reed (Mercutio Sleep) are great friends

Backstage Incidents included; Whitlock fighting with Ace Reed (but they got over it), Pilgrim winning a video game contest and Outlaw Jeremy Jazz (Jazz Funk) drawing caricatures.

Year 2

AWE

Money 79,586 (+66,386)

Prestige 3 (+1)

Momentum 43 (-35)

Tri State 11 (+2)

NYCW declared their dislike for me in a formal letter which was very nice of them. Followed soon by FCW who said they were only acknowledging my hostility toward them, problem is I don't remember being hostile with them. Oh well seems they're hostile with all the other feds the show in the Tri-State area, altough oddly they have a working agreement with CGC.

Lobo Solitario

Year 1 roll: Nose to the grind (+5 to Aerial)

Year 2 roll: Where There’s A Will (+56,609 Cash)

Mask 18% Prestige

Brawling 7 (+0)

Puroresu 22 (+0)

Hardcore 7 (+0)

Mat Work 18 (+1)

Chain 18 (+1)

Submissions 22 (+0)

Aerial 32 (+0)

Flashiness 37 (+0)

Microphone 39 (+3)

Charisma 80 (+1)

Acting 37 (+3)

Announcing 0 (+0)

Athleticism 78 (+0)

Toughness 47 (+0)

Stamina 54 (+0)

Power 19 (+0)

Basics 42 (+0)

Psychology 46 (+1)

Safety 32 (+0)

Consistency 32 (+0)

Selling 32 (+0)

Respect 15 (+4)

Reputation 70 (+15)

Sex Appeal 42 (+0)

Star Quality 77 (+0)

Menace 5 (+0)

Resilience 100 (+0)

Refereeing 0 (+0)

Worker Overness in Tri State

Ace McQueen 6 (+6) – Formerly Quentin Queen

Ace Reed 8 (+6) – Formerly Mercutio Sleep

Cip Conduit 1 (+2)

JOJI 9 (+0)

Josh Jones 11 (+4)

Lobo Solitario 4 (+2)

Outlaw Jeremy Jazz 5 (-1) – Formerly Jazz Funk

Outlaw Wes Revell 4 (-1)

Paradigm 4 (+0)

Paradox 4 (+3)

Parallax 0 (+7) – Formerly Phobia (gave him a new AWE owned mask)

Paranoia 4 (+0)

Sterling Whitlock 10 (+4)

Taylor Kidd 6 (-2)

The Pilgrim 0 (+0)

Zak Attack 1 (+5)

Tag Teams

Double Shot – Taylor Kidd & Zak Attack

Lost Cause – Josh Jones & The Pilgrim

The Exiles – Cip Conduit & Lobo Solitario (Great Chemistry)

The Modern Dragons – JOJI & Sterling Whitlock

The Paratroopers I – Paradox & Parallax (Great Chemistry)

The Paratroopers II – Paradigm & Paranoia

Two Aces – Ace Reed & Ace McQueen

AWE Inspired Championship – Sterling Whitlock (1 Defense)

AWE Dynamic Duo – The Paratroopers I (2 Defenses)

I am going for broke, both the RTG and Heidenreich challenges. The 750 attribute points is perfect if you put each of the Heidenreich stats at 75 rather than 100. I have never played as an on screen personality, let alone a wrestler, so here goes nothing.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/CLAW/2013/JohnnyGuidotti_zpscf60349b.jpg

What is your guy's stance on activating unused avatars and using them for the RTG?

Anyway, after going bankrupt the first few tries. Going to an intergrated promotion.

Anarchy Wrestling Federation

Mid West (USA)

Owner - Honey GoLightley

Main Eventer:

Alexis Lee Littlefeather

Charity Sweet

K.P. Funk (Avatar)

Andrew Harper

Upper Mid:

Jack Dawson (Avatar)

Paranoia

Paradox

Paradigm

Midcard:

Kate Avatar

Catalina Vazquez

Brian Chambers (UC)

Brook Tyler

Referee

Erin Lawrence

Road Agent:

Vixxen

My promotion's very sponsorship-friendly and my workers are cheap - upside two months in is that we're basically printing money, downside is that we're putting on some really, really awful shows. I should look into signing people from out of town to job to our "top guys" on one night contracts, as I feel like that will help things move forward a bit.

Unfortunately my print screen command doesn't work anymore (?), so I can't show anything to you guys graphically, but my user character is a female technician with high star quality, high sex appeal, okay technical stats, okay psychology and pretty terrible everything else. The promotion is named "Southern Stars Wrestling," and I couldn't turn down the allure of the preset product "Old School Rasslin'."

A lot of us have probably picked some of the same people, but my bunch is:

Acid II

Anders Thunder

Bradley Blaze

Cerberus

Deborah Young

Elegance (referee, drags down every match, signed for three years)

Ernest Youngman

Eve Runcord

Harry Chadwick (owner)

Irwin Gutmann

Joanna Silver

Joffy Laine

Phobia

Rhiann Campbell

Simon Ice

Sozen Ishimori

Ursula Saez

British Professional Wrestling - Year Two Update

Size - Small (F+ importance in South UK, D momentum)

Money - $47,581

British Champion - Billy Robinson

Top Star - Johnny Highspot, Jonni Lowlife, Billy Robinson, Alton Vicious (all E overness)

Top Rated Match - D+ - Billy Robinson bt Collin Cornell (BPW Ambition, Aug 14)

Top Rated Show - D - BPW Balls to the Wall - October 2014

Top Rated User Match - D+ - Billy Robinson bt Collin Cornell (BPW Ambition, Aug 14)

Things are going well. My main storyline now is The Elite. Billy Robinson has recruited Alton Vicious and Beast Bantom as his henchmen and they hold all the titles.

I am making 5k a month but my user character is not improving much, I think I need to splash some cash to hire a top indie talent for him to work with.

I realised that I didn't have everything ticked, now I have. It is do hard to book without the dirt sheet.

Anyway, time for my mystery box:

15. “Nose To The Grindstone” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 any top row skill of your choice

Excellent, I took Flashiness

Archived