1994: Clash of The Titans

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hulk Hogan - Extremely Negative (None now)

I disagree, pretty much for the same reasons mentioned by justtxyank. Sure, Hogan could cause rifts at times - but only because of the power he was given at the top of the card. If he was a midcarder, would his attitude cause problems? He should perhaps be a slightly negative influence, but nothing major.

Tony Schiavone - Negative (Very Negative now)

From what I've read, he was pretty much a scheming and unpleasant jackass.

Chris Cruise - None (Positive now)

Mickey Jay - None (Positive now)

Tex Slazenger - None (Positive now)

Are these really major issues? I've heard good things about at least Mickey Jay.

Barry Hardy - None (Positive now)

Bastion Booger - None (Positive now)

Possibly.

Jack Doan - None (Extremely Positive now)

Will consider this.

Jim Korderas - None (Positive now)

Meh, dunno.

Lord Alfred Hayes - None (Positive now)

Heard good things.

Rene Goulet - None (Positive now)

Reno Riggins - None (Positive now)

Rich Myers - None (Positive now)

Perhaps.

Tatanka - Very Positive (Extremely Positive now)

He always seemed like a class act guy.

Tony Chimel - None (Positive now)

Unsure.

Tony Garea - None (Positive now)

Disagree.

Yokozuna - None (Extremely Positive now)

Maybe he should be "positive" only, but not sure I'd set him as "none".

Vince McMahon - Very Negative (Negative now)

He was/is dominating and arrogant, but was he ever THAT big of a locker room poison? I think his current settings are about right.

Bret Hart - Very Positive (Positive now)

Disagree.

Sean Waltman - Positive (None now)

Are you kidding me? I'd put him towards "negative" if I were to change anything.

Razor Ramon - Extremely Negative (None now)

I always felt that Hall wasn't *that* bad, and was in the end a fairly pleasent guy who just kept falling in with a bad crowd.

Jeff Jarrett - Very Positive (Negative now)

Definately not.

The Undertaker - Very Positive (None now)

I think age and experience may be what prevents him from being a locker room leader in 1994, fairly sure I gave him attributes that'll get him there eventually.

In fact, the same might be the case for a few other of the names you mentioned.

Some of you are acting like Hogan was going around kicking everyone between the legs and giving them wedgies backstage. Good grief. He wasn't a huge negative influence, and he never has been. I'm not saying he's been the greatest ever in the back, but he certainly isn't "extremely negative".

I think not having anything set is fine.

Some of you are acting like you were in WWF or WCW during Hogan's runs ;)

The stuff about him not talking to anyone in the lockeroom is again, rumor. This isn't to say he was a good influence in the lockeroom, but in the mod you can't just set "bad" or "good" or "negative." You set personality traits. In order to get Hogan to extremely negative you'd have to set traits that just aren't really true.

95% of Personality traits are based on what can be considered "rumour".

After the amount that's been written by first hand witnesses I didn't even think it was debatable whether he was a negative influence or not.

Again, almost everything that was written about him from a negative perspective has to do with him not "jobbing." He wasn't anti-social, he wasn't unreliable. He was protective of his spot at the top of the card. That was his issue. Plenty of guys got along well with him. DiBiase, Haku, The Nastys, Duggan, Andre, Stan Hansen, Beefcake, Valentine, , etc. In WCW he ended up getting along with Flair and Sting just fine. The people who have had issues with him are ones who wanted to beat him to get the rub or who think they don't get enough credit for making him famous (Paul Orndorff.)

Edit: Also, a lot of things credited to him as him being manipulative were not him manipulating. People blame him for why no one else got a shot in the 80s, but the reality was that Vince wanted it that way. WWF did unprecedented business with Hogan at the top. Nobody has ever been the draw Hogan was. Not Austin, not Rock, not Sting, not anybody. By that I mean that even when Austin was drawing his big numbers, The Rock came in right behind him and did comparable. When Hogan was doing his numbers for the WWF and then later for WCW, nobody who took his spot could replicate the success. There's this idea that he refused to lose and manipulated everyone to keep his spot, but the truth is he didn't have to.

On Scott Hall, this is a little early for his traits that were a big problem. By 1998 he was a negative influence because he was completely unreliable and was drugged out.

Again, almost everything that was written about him from a negative perspective has to do with him not "jobbing."

The majority involves him not "putting over" people I'm not sure how that strengthens the case about his personality TEW wise though. Manipulative and Egotistical are two stats, I would class him as fairly high in both those categories.

QUOTE]

Actually Genadi, WCW had pretty much hired the entire country. I'm pretty sure I had a week long run with the Cruiserweight title even though I was only in my teens at the time. Then again, I was limited to duty on Worldwide, so nobody ever saw it.

Perhaps I should have altered my statement a bit more, but that works both ways. These people saying he was (or wasn't) an X influence backstage are just going off stories, etc.

A lot of stories that come out just sound like sour grapes (and I know we're getting off topic here). Hogan was a superstar, he earned certain rights and in any business someone will resent you for reaching that level. Many probably resented Hogan. That's not to say he was/wasn't a massive X influence backstage.

I'm in line with Hive & justtxyank. But let's be honest... if YOU [speaking non-specifically] have a problem with a stat you can change it in YOUR game prior to starting. It's not worth arguing over, just hit up the editor.

Sorry to derail this thread Hive this is the last I'll post on the matter :)

I think you guys are looking at the Personality stats too broadly. I don't think Hogan has a "Ruthless" personality for example but TEW personality wise he very much does. As with everything TEW it's wrestling related.

From the TEW Help Guide...

Humble-Egotistical Egotistical workers will be more likely to complain about their treatment and especially the way they are booked.

Compassionate-Ruthless Ruthless workers are more self-centered and will therefore be more biased toward taking action that benefits themselves.

Naïve-Manipulative Manipulative workers have a greater ability to see the bigger picture and so are better at getting what they want from contract negotiations and knowing when to speak up about situations.

All of those 3 categories I'd consider Hogan on the worse end of. Many people have talked about these very things and the same stories confirmed by many people. You don't have to search far for documented incidents confirmed by sources (refs etc) who had no reason to lie.

Sorry to derail this thread Hive this is the last I'll post on the matter :)

I think you guys are looking at the Personality stats too broadly. I don't think Hogan has a "Ruthless" personality for example but TEW personality wise he very much does. As with everything TEW it's wrestling related.

From the TEW Help Guide...

All of those 3 categories I'd consider Hogan on the worse end of. Many people have talked about these very things and the same stories confirmed by many people. You don't have to search far for documented incidents confirmed by sources (refs etc) who had no reason to lie.

I think because Influence is based on personality traits this is the most compelling argument.....whether or not you think Hogan should be positive or negative he should be to some degree brought towards the "negative" on these three traits

Extremely stupid question, so I apologize in advance before I start to play this awesome mod:

I downloaded the data, works fine. I downloaded the pictures, and they won't show up in the game. They're in the 1994 folder, everything seems to be as it should, yet nothing shows up. When I go to say, a worker, and try to manually select a picture to use, all that pops up are the default Cornellverse. Can anybody shed some light on what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you very much.

Extremely stupid question, so I apologize in advance before I start to play this awesome mod:

I downloaded the data, works fine. I downloaded the pictures, and they won't show up in the game. They're in the 1994 folder, everything seems to be as it should, yet nothing shows up. When I go to say, a worker, and try to manually select a picture to use, all that pops up are the default Cornellverse. Can anybody shed some light on what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you very much.

Before you start a game. go to the editor... go to database info... make sure the picture folder is set to 1994 folder then it should work...im guessing its set to default

<p>So I'm tempted to have WCW owned by Time Warner/Turner Broadcast System and add TBS Europe and TBS Asia Pacific to the networks. </p><p> </p><p>

Do you guys think this could work or would it unbalance things? One concern I have is I don't know how to put Canada in the loop since TNT and TBS didn't have clearance in Canada at the time. Anybody know if WCW aired in Canada in 1994?</p>

So I'm tempted to have WCW owned by Time Warner/Turner Broadcast System and add TBS Europe and TBS Asia Pacific to the networks.

Do you guys think this could work or would it unbalance things? One concern I have is I don't know how to put Canada in the loop since TNT and TBS didn't have clearance in Canada at the time. Anybody know if WCW aired in Canada in 1994?

TBS had coverage at least in southern ontario on TBS as long as I can remember i can specifically remember the Clash with the Paul E and Madusa angle which was around 92 so we def had TBS by then

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CrookedRainJr" data-cite="CrookedRainJr" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34853" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I'm tempted to have WCW owned by Time Warner/Turner Broadcast System and add TBS Europe and TBS Asia Pacific to the networks. <p> </p><p> Do you guys think this could work or would it unbalance things? One concern I have is I don't know how to put Canada in the loop since TNT and TBS didn't have clearance in Canada at the time. Anybody know if WCW aired in Canada in 1994?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The issue with this is - or at least was in TEW 2010 - that making a company owned by a media group will prevent them from ever getting a tv slot with any network outside of the group. So if your media group only have American networks, for instance, you won't ever be able to broadcast in regions outside of USA. I don't like that, and that's why I quickly removed TBS as owner of WCW.</p>

The issue with this is - or at least was in TEW 2010 - that making a company owned by a media group will prevent them from ever getting a tv slot with any network outside of the group. So if your media group only have American networks, for instance, you won't ever be able to broadcast in regions outside of USA. I don't like that, and that's why I quickly removed TBS as owner of WCW.

Yeah, the snag is Canada really after adding TBS Asia Pacific and TBS Europe. I'm thinking of adding a "Turner Syndication" to better handle Worldwide which existed around that time. It seems to be solid enough at the moment.

Just noticed this Buh Buh Ray and D-Von are listed under Team 3D forming in 2005, instead of The Dudley Boys formed in 1996

Yeah because that's when they began using that particular name. Their Dudley Boys name, which is also included, is set to 1996.

Yeah, the snag is Canada really after adding TBS Asia Pacific and TBS Europe. I'm thinking of adding a "Turner Syndication" to better handle Worldwide which existed around that time. It seems to be solid enough at the moment.

But are TBS Asia Pacific and TBS Europe actual tv networks that existed at the time? I personally never heard of them before.

Either way, I don't think it's reasonable that ownership by an American tv network should prevent you from getting tv deals with eg. a Japan-exclusive network.

Jose Lothar...

Oh you. :p

weird, when I put them together under the dudley boys name they show as formed in 2005, also in the incomplete tag team area they show as team 3d. Did you set them up to use the dudley name only in ECW?

ECW and WWF IIRC.

Archived